SD-1 Refugee Thread-The Sequel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Christin - I've decided to put the giftcard I got (when the old work contract finished last August) to use, and start working on my goal this year to learn either German or Spanish. I figure go for German ;) I can buy a grammar book and verb book from the online site of the shop I have the giftcard for, but there are so many dictionaries... :o_O:. So until I can see in person (I'd probably end up buying on Amazon), I might be using you as dictionary ;). I'll be starting with the grammar anyway, maybe watch some of the DVDs I have (Grey's, and Alias, and some of my others have German as an option), to get used to listening to it, and picking up odd words here and there. And by the time I get onto needing a dictionary, I can have found one.

:clapping:

ETA - and I saw this! BBC NEWS | In Pictures | Day in pictures - click on photo 4. Aww, cute kids :D

Arg. I caught up but didn't bring quotes with me. Silly me.

I don't have much to say. Just thought I'd give everyone a :eek:ldhi: and a :hug: for the day.

A semi-rant: I am very tired of cutting my fingers on everything. Since school has started, I have cut my fingers on papers, boxes, and while opening the lids to my water bottles. I just did it again this morning! I reached down to grab something and my right hand grazed the humidifier box. And now, I have a lovely bleeding cut on my knuckle. 🔨 Quit trying to injure me, world! I know this is a conspiracy! So, what if I don't like Tom Cruise? That doesn't mean you can go around cutting me every time I pick something up. 🔨

:eek:ldhi:

so can I sit around and chat too? ^_^

Arg. I caught up but didn't bring quotes with me. Silly me.

I don't have much to say. Just thought I'd give everyone a :eek:ldhi: and a :hug: for the day.

A semi-rant: I am very tired of cutting my fingers on everything. Since school has started, I have cut my fingers on papers, boxes, and while opening the lids to my water bottles. I just did it again this morning! I reached down to grab something and my right hand grazed the humidifier box. And now, I have a lovely bleeding cut on my knuckle. 🔨 Quit trying to injure me, world! I know this is a conspiracy! So, what if I don't like Tom Cruise? That doesn't mean you can go around cutting me every time I pick something up. 🔨

lots of :smooch: for your poor knuckles...but can I say that I love your rants?...:blush: :hug:

:lol: I'm glad you like them, Sally. I really almost always have something to rant about. :lol:

I'm going to take a small nap and hope that I wake up not so angry at the world who is trying so hard to injure me.

:asleep:

:eek:ldhi: :group:

I just found out that my jeans which I bought less than 3 months ago have a giant hole. :eek: :blink: It's currently in the washing machine, but once it's dry I'm going to take it back to the shop and get a refund or new jeans. <_< Not nice... 🔨
:o_O: That's not cool at all. 🇳🇴

: oldhi: It's a three day weekend! :woot: Happy almost Australia Day everyone! : cheers:

: down: My poor Kelley. Get better, okay? :smooch: :hug:
Happy Australia Day! :woot: for a 3 day weekend!

I'm good, it must have been a lack of food yesterday. 🤷

Oh cool! I was never on the Snow Patrol bandwagon with their last album, as it got overplayed and everyone loved them. But their new stuff appealed to me, their last two songs (y) - Hope you have a wonderful time! I keep meaning to check out what concerts are on. It's awkward for me to get to and see concerts, but worth a look.
Hmm, well I just found out about them this year so they are new to me. ^_^ And it's a concert!!! I haven't been to one in a while.

ETA - and I saw this! BBC NEWS | In Pictures | Day in pictures - click on photo 4. Aww, cute kids :D
Awww, the boys in their suits. :love:

I keep getting random cuts on my hands too! Except I don't know how I get mine and they don't really bleed. :confused: I am sorry the world is trying to injure you though. :console: :hug: :smooch:

I'm sure you are thinking what is Kelley doing here she has class. Well it was informal class meaning the prof. wasn't going to be there, but we could come and get together with our groups to talk about our presentations. I was so hoping my group would go, but I met 2 of the girls in my class and they said it wasn't worth going to the room since nobody was there. :rolleyes: So now I'm going to be a lazy bum until I go meet with my math prof. :D

I keep getting random cuts on my hands too! Except I don't know how I get mine and they don't really bleed. :confused: I am sorry the world is trying to injure you though. :console: :hug: :smooch:
See, I have that problem with bruises. I always have random bruises all over the place and I have no idea how they got there! :lol: Thank you. :hug:

Thank you to everyone who listened to my rant and offered support as the world tried to injure me. I've taken a nap and, so far, the world and I are on better terms.

However, I did have a dream where I bought a pair of jeans from the store, came home, put them on, and found a huge hole in the leg. I hope Christin got her refund or a new pair of jeans. :telepath:

I'm a girl with a plan - an episode of Grey's (1.8), do Tae Bo, shower, and then hopefully watch The Corpse Bride so I can return the DVD to the work friend who lent me it (and The Nightmare Before Christmas which I've now watched). Be back later! :hi:

:eek:ldhi: everyone!

Today I would like to :Rant: about the bus. Feel free not to read this because it's totally dumb.
This stupid bus doesn't have a set schedule because it just goes from campus to downtown to the outdoor mall. So it's supposed to come every 7 to 10 minutes during the day. Two stinking buses went passed as I was walking down the stairs. Two. Right in a row. I was like, "Oh this does not bode well." I should have just walked but since I finally got my bus pass Monday, I've been walking home from work not TO work. Anyway, I waited over 10 minutes and then a bus comes up, stops, opens its doors and says "Oh, you people need to wait for the one behind me. But it's right behind me, see?" Yes. I do see. And yes, it is right behind you but you are still stupid. Just let me on your bus, you people passed me twice already. 🔨

So I had a slow, unproductive morning, which displeases me. My own fault for forgetting to set my alarm. Anyway..... :thinking:

Hmm, well I just found out about them this year so they are new to me. ^_^ And it's a concert!!! I haven't been to one in a while.

I'm sure you are thinking what is Kelley doing here she has class. Well it was informal class meaning the prof. wasn't going to be there, but we could come and get together with our groups to talk about our presentations. I was so hoping my group would go, but I met 2 of the girls in my class and they said it wasn't worth going to the room since nobody was there. :rolleyes: So now I'm going to be a lazy bum until I go meet with my math prof. :D
:woot: I want to go to one. I think I shall do that on Wednesday.

:lol: Yay for being a lazy bum!

Yes, I would also like to know if christin gets new jeans or a refund.

I know there are other things I intended to say here but.... well, I have no explanation for it. Forgive me!

See, I have that problem with bruises. I always have random bruises all over the place and I have no idea how they got there! :lol: Thank you. :hug:

Thank you to everyone who listened to my rant and offered support as the world tried to injure me. I've taken a nap and, so far, the world and I are on better terms.
:lol: I don't get bruises that easily, most of mine have come from soccer or running into things. :lol:

I'm glad you and the world are on better terms, that always bodes well. :lol: :hug: :smooch:

Today I would like to :Rant: about the bus. Feel free not to read this because it's totally dumb.
This stupid bus doesn't have a set schedule because it just goes from campus to downtown to the outdoor mall. So it's supposed to come every 7 to 10 minutes during the day. Two stinking buses went passed as I was walking down the stairs. Two. Right in a row. I was like, "Oh this does not bode well." I should have just walked but since I finally got my bus pass Monday, I've been walking home from work not TO work. Anyway, I waited over 10 minutes and then a bus comes up, stops, opens its doors and says "Oh, you people need to wait for the one behind me. But it's right behind me, see?" Yes. I do see. And yes, it is right behind you but you are still stupid. Just let me on your bus, you people passed me twice already. 🔨

:lol: Yay for being a lazy bum!
That's very weird bus behavior. :confused: :console: :hug: :smooch:

It's fun. :lol:

But as much fun as being a lazy bum is, I should thnk about leaving soon to go to my math professor's office.

:hi:

I know, weird huh? :o_O: Thanks y'all for engaging me in my ranting. ^_^ :smooch: But now I've got bigger fish to fry. (Mmmm... yummy.) I'm such a stupid dummy and forgot I withdrew some cash over the weekend and tomorrow I'll have overdrawn my account, unless I happen to have 13 dollars at home. :rolleyes: I haven't done this in a very long time. What a dope. Good thing I get paid in two business days!

I'm going to stop talking about silly things now because I remembered one thing I was gonna say! :woot: sally, I'm so glad :love: is all done interviewing! When does he get home? Will he go back to where he'd been living? Assuming he gets a match, when would he have to move away? :thinking:

:hug: talula...he comes back saturday early afternoon...he's been talking about moving close by but I don't think it'll happen..he'll most probably stay with his brother for the remaining months and get any temp job he can find :shurg:...

the match result will be mid march...and usually programs start in June (mid to late)...we're thinking he will travel and get an apartment and the essentials in early may/late april...then after the wedding we'll just drive 'there' together...

:hug: talula...he comes back saturday early afternoon...he's been talking about moving close by but I don't think it'll happen..he'll most probably stay with his brother for the remaining months and get any temp job he can find :shurg:...

the match result will be mid march...and usually programs start in June (mid to late)...we're thinking he will travel and get an apartment and the essentials in early may/late april...then after the wedding we'll just drive 'there' together...
Well I hope it's a nice break for him!

Awww. It would be kinda fun if it was cross country, huh, like right after you got married? Like nsspense and :fireman:!

it will be pretty much like nsspense and :fireman: except in the other direction and smack in the middle of summer :lol:...but given the areas he has the most interviews...it WILL be cross country

:eek:ldhi: Sally, Song, Talula, and Moose! :hug:

:eek: Stupid bus! I 🔨 the bus for you. The bus gets the official 🔨 for Thursday.

:happydance: I just found out one of my favorite bands, from Australia, is playing in town in a month! :woot:
:w00t: Exciting!

:eek:ldhi: It's me, I'm the :moose: :hug:

~ * ~ Happy Australia Day ~ * ~

Insomnia strikes... :(

Gracie, I just want to say that I'm really supportive of you finding another job. :hug: I know you've been unhappy for so very long, and I just want to let you know that I'm behind you 100%. You deserve to be happy in your workplace. :love:
:console: I'm sorry. Did you get back to sleep, you're up awfully early for a day off...

😌 Thankyou! :smooch:

I'm good, it must have been a lack of food yesterday. 🤷
:eek: That's not very smart then, was it? ;)

:sideroll: I was expecting you to say... then the one behind didn't stop or pick up anyone...

:happydance: I just found out one of my favorite bands, from Australia, is playing in town in a month! :woot:
:woot: Which one?

Ohhh! At 1.58am today, I got a call from NY... to confirm my booking for the second month for the apartment.... :eek: IT WAS TWO AM!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back