SD-1 Refugee Thread-The Sequel

Status
Not open for further replies.
All I know is that he knows he's been accepted and he's getting everything paid. Two things that I do not know. Very angry over here. He is an enemy.

I shall stop being ugly to people who are very intelligent and have been accepted into the program of their dreams. (n)

No big deal. I've just been a fan of his for several years now. I'm glad he's getting some recognition. (y)

I know! Who would've thought that many people would attend one of Trump's business conferences! :blink:
He's really nice, he just always brings new equipment and stuff every time he comes. He also took us out to lunch today which ended up taking nearly 2 hours! :blink: I suppose if I hadn't been stuck in traffic for so long this morning I wouldn't have minded as much -- I was just cranky to begin with. :lol: I probably won't get everything that I wanted done finished up -- but that's okay. I'm skipping out a little early tomorrow to get my haircut/color (with the boss's approval, of course) :D !

Her parents send frozen breast milk? That's pretty cool! (y)

You'll have to talk her into it. :lol:
It's not fair at all! 🔨
Trump was just screwing up Atlanta traffic today. :lol:
And now you have a PM. :lol: I panicked cause I sent it without checking to see if the quote tags were all right but they were so yay :D

Yep, we have a couple of parents that send frozen breastmilk. I really admire the parents who do and the nice nonsmelly diapers that come from those kids :lol:

Shouldn't Trump be off filming Apprentice or soemthing?

Talula, I have to thank you for suggesting Ben Folds. I am in complete adoration of The Luckiest. The piano throughout the song and the lyrics.... oh! I'm in love.

: hi: song : reallyexcited: : smooch:....I am sorry you had insomnia last night : console:
I'm sorry I missed you, sally. :( And thanks. :hug:

So, it took me 90 minutes to get to work this morning. : angry: It usually only takes 30! There were traffic lights out at several major downtown intersections, wrecks all over the city, and 22,000 extra people during the rush because of some Donald Trump business seminar! : hammer: Then, once I did get to work, I didn't get any of my work done because my boss had me doing other stuff. Makes me happy that my boss is only in Atlanta once every month or so. : lol: I love my boss -- but I love him more in Louisville! : lol:
🔨 Donald Trump. :lol:

Has anyone heard much of this Lily Allen person? (I'm hoping it's not the same woman helen asked us about like a week ago cuz that'd be : doh: of me.) They're playing a video of hers after certain MTV shows and I have had issues lately with female singers having like wobbly, raspy voices and stuff (it's a real trend - Dido, Sia, Regina Spektor) but I was kinda grooving on this Lily Allen song.
Oooh! :l ovely: I wish I could come!
She was on Sunrise about a week ago (that's a morning program in Australia)...

I do not think it is fair that he knows he's been accepted and I don't know. It's not fair and I am angry. Stupid waiting! Stupid time! : hammer:
:console:

I shall stop being ugly to people who are very intelligent and have been accepted into the program of their dreams. : down:
meloh, you are sweet. :hug:

Hi. My name is Meloh. Just moments ago, I rescued the dorm from an electrical catastrophe. One that my humidifier caused. You see, Hugh, as he was once affectionately called, began leaking water and making horrible sputtering sounds. It was like the Titanic but on a smaller scale. Also, no one died. But Meloh could have been electrocuted. She is lucky that she was not electrocuted while she was performing CPR (maintenance) on Hugh. It was touch-and-go for about five minutes, but Hugh is back in business.

It was quite frightful and funny at the same time.

Good night.

:conf used:...isn't there a new GA on tonight?....well...unless both of you don;t watch GA in which case you don't care : blush:
nope, don't watch

:lo l: Well, what can I say? I fear I was born ranty and ranty is how I shall stay.

That doesn't surprise me one bit. I bought vitamins to take, but I don't like the way they taste. And they make me feel icky, too.
:lol: nothing wrong with that. That's one reason we love you :smiley:

so I just looked up the symptoms of anemia and I was way off :lol: ..oh well, I'm not a doctor :smiley:

: blush: We're having a pool party now. : lol: We bought a kids pool and we just spent 40 minutes blowing it up... IT'S HUGE! : passout:

Has anyone seen Prime or 5x5 in the past couple of days?
oh that's fun! I haven't been swimming in quite a while.

I've been wondering where they are...I was all geared up for Heroes speccing :lol:

Hmmm... I think that calls for the screechy voice... : ponder: All in favour?
:lol: I hope it works

22,000?! Holy Tina Majorino! : passout:
:lol: that was more random than usual

Hi. My name is Meloh. Just moments ago, I rescued the dorm from an electrical catastrophe. One that my humidifier caused. You see, Hugh, as he was once affectionately called, began leaking water and making horrible sputtering sounds. It was like the Titanic but on a smaller scale. Also, no one died. But Meloh could have been electrocuted. She is lucky that she was not electrocuted while she was performing CPR (maintenance) on Hugh. It was touch-and-go for about five minutes, but Hugh is back in business.

Good night.
:lol: I have no idea what just happened, but I'm glad you're ok

eta: oh wow Wanda Sykes is hilarious! This is probably the funniest Tonight Show appearance I've ever seen. :rotfl:

So, it took my 90 minutes to get to work this morning. :angry: It usually only takes 30! There were traffic lights out at several major downtown intersections, wrecks all over the city, and 22,000 extra people during the rush because of some Donald Trump business seminar! 🔨 Then, once I did get to work, I didn't get any of my work done because my boss had me doing other stuff. Makes me happy that my boss is only in Atlanta once every month or so. :lol: I love my boss -- but I love him more in Louisville! :lol:

🔨 on bad traffic! I feel your pain :hug:

:lol: about your boss love ;)

Thank you! I did have a safe trip home. Did some yoga when I got home. I've discovered that if I do at least 20 minutes almost every day, I'll stick with it. Sometimes that's like half of a program but that's alright with me. (Like you were saying earlier, helen!)

Has anyone heard much of this Lily Allen person? (I'm hoping it's not the same woman helen asked us about like a week ago cuz that'd be :doh: of me.) They're playing a video of hers after certain MTV shows and I have had issues lately with female singers having like wobbly, raspy voices and stuff (it's a real trend - Dido, Sia, Regina Spektor) but I was kinda grooving on this Lily Allen song.

Sometimes, it's just not working, and it's better to accept that and stop, then try the run or yoga the next day :nod:

I have heard of her yeah - London girl, nominated for several Brit awards. She is quite good, she's had a song - "The Littlest Things"? maybe - get a lot of airtime.

The woman/girl I was on about before, was Amy Winehouse. Try "You Know I'm No Good" and "Rehab". Her voice is definitely differed to the wobbly, raspy, airy voices you're having issues with. She takes a few listens, but I like those two songs. "Rehab" grew on me (y)

Mellie - yay for a hair cut and colour! Photos later ;)

All I know is that he knows he's been accepted and he's getting everything paid. Two things that I do not know. Very angry over here. He is an enemy.

I shall stop being ugly to people who are very intelligent and have been accepted into the program of their dreams. (n)

Good plan - don't want to get bad karma. Being happy for him might lead to similar good fortune for you :nod:

Busy busy at work again today :frantic:

:eek:ldhi:

:console: Meloh I hope you hear some really good news very soon ...I would be annoyed too :smooch:...and the incident with Hugh :smiley:lol:smiley:...you are just adorable :hug:

so the girls' night in...last sunday we had a bridal shower ( not for me..a friend couple are getting married the 3rd of Feb ..the nsspense anniversary :lovely:smiley: and neither I nor the bride can dance (arabic dancing..belly dancing dance) and both our grooms are demanding we get the shyness out of our system and just ...do it!..:lol:..so a third friend of ours (she's been married 7 months) suggested we go to her place and practise..:lol:..and this is what happened ...we went to her place after work yesterday..had a take out dinner together...and chatted and danced...it was a lot of fun...but I am still freaked about dancing in front of people at my own wedding :doh:

:console: Meloh I hope you hear some really good news very soon ...I would be annoyed too :smooch:...and the incident with Hugh :smiley:lol:smiley:...you are just adorable :hug:

so the girls' night in...last sunday we had a bridal shower ( not for me..a friend couple are getting married the 3rd of Feb ..the nsspense anniversary :lovely:smiley: and neither I nor the bride can dance (arabic dancing..belly dancing dance) and both our grooms are demanding we get the shyness out of our system and just ...do it!..:lol:..so a third friend of ours (she's been married 7 months) suggested we go to her place and practise..:lol:..and this is what happened ...we went to her place after work yesterday..had a take out dinner together...and chatted and danced...it was a lot of fun...but I am still freaked about dancing in front of people at my own wedding :doh:
I've calmed down today. But I'm still slightly annoyed. And Hugh, oh my! I was afraid to sleep most of last night because I just knew that the second I closed my eyes, he'd start misbehaving! :lol: But he's doing well, now.

:telepath: for you to get over your shyness. Keep practicing! You'll be swell. :eek:urthumbsup:

My professor canceled class again today. Apparently, he's very sick. :( He's my favorite professor, so I hope he's well by Monday. But since class is canceled, I can go home now! To MelohDog! :w00t:

:eek:ldhi: everyone!

Both my prime :love: and I are alive and well! :lol: It's been a busy week for both of us. I'm 🙏 that we'll both have time to post together later. :hopeful: Thanks to everyone who missed us. :group:

This needs some special attention, I think:

I hope everyone is well this morning...lol...I feel way out of the loop with you guys since you all know each other so well
Aww! Welcome! We all normally post on SD-1 in the Annoy Like the Wind thread. Some of us have known each other for more than three years, and there are some newer people, too! :lol: We like newbies, and we normally introduce ourselves, so...

:eek:ldhi: I'm 5x5, and I'm from Brooklyn, NY. I'm mom to lil 5x5 (she's 5) and lil'est (11 months old yesterday! :woot: ) and wife to Mr 5x5. I'm a writer and editor and work from home, so I'm usually around a lot.

:console:

Talula, I have to thank you for suggesting Ben Folds. I am in complete adoration of The Luckiest. The piano throughout the song and the lyrics.... oh! I'm in love.
:woot: I know. That song is :cry: but the whole album it's on is really good. I like that album and the Ben Folds Five album Whatever and Ever Amen the best.

Hi. My name is Meloh. Just moments ago, I rescued the dorm from an electrical catastrophe.
Oh my. I didn't realize humidifiers could be so potentially dangerous.

Sometimes, it's just not working, and it's better to accept that and stop, then try the run or yoga the next day :nod:

The woman/girl I was on about before, was Amy Winehouse. Try "You Know I'm No Good" and "Rehab". Her voice is definitely differed to the wobbly, raspy, airy voices you're having issues with. She takes a few listens, but I like those two songs. "Rehab" grew on me (y)
:lol: Yeah, most times it just that I get bored, if it's a routine I've already seen and done a couple of times. But I get real excited if it's one I haven't done.

Cool. I'll have to look her up.

Aww, that sounds fun! I'd be shy about it too but I bet that if you keep practicing from this early date, you'll be ready for it!

I hope everyone is well this morning...lol...I feel way out of the loop with you guys since you all know each other so well
:hug: :smooch: Tell us more things about you! Did I introduce myself already at sd-1? :thinking: I can't remember. I'm Talula and I'm 26. I'm in grad school and live in what has lately been a snowy Colorado. I have a black kitty and am addicted to the internet, so I'm around alot too! :lol:

Both my prime :love: and I are alive and well! :lol: It's been a busy week for both of us. I'm 🙏 that we'll both have time to post together later. :hopeful: Thanks to everyone who missed us. :group:
:hug: :smooch: to you too! I hope you have some less-busy time soon too!

Y'all I think I finally got a pet sitting gig. I have a meeting with my supervisor and the client and her two dogs sometime this weekend. I think she wants kind of a regular thing so I might finally see some extra dollars coming in in another month. :lol:

:eek:ldhi: I am Sally and I am an internet addict :lol:....I am a computer science major in LA and I am engaged to :love: and we are getting married in May...and then we will move to another state that is not really determined yet :smiley:

:hug: talula has the bus behaved today?

ETA:..:clapping: for extra money!!

:eek:ldhi: :group:

Good night.
:console: I'm glad you are okay, but the way you said it :lol:

:telepath: for you to get over your shyness. Keep practicing! You'll be swell. :eek:urthumbsup:

My professor canceled class again today. Apparently, he's very sick. :( He's my favorite professor, so I hope he's well by Monday. But since class is canceled, I can go home now! To MelohDog! :w00t:
:baaa: (it's not as effective as when the smilie is actually there)

Since everyone is introducing themselves...

:eek:ldhi: I'm Kelley (and I couldn't spell my own name there for a minute :lol:smiley:, I'm from California, I'm 18, a freshman in college, and that's about it. Pretty boring. :lol:

Aww, that sounds fun! I'd be shy about it too but I bet that if you keep practicing from this early date, you'll be ready for it!

Y'all I think I finally got a pet sitting gig. I have a meeting with my supervisor and the client and her two dogs sometime this weekend. I think she wants kind of a regular thing so I might finally see some extra dollars coming in in another month. :lol:
:baaa: that too!

:woot: That's good news!

Oh my goodness I am so 😌 that it is Friday! :woot: I really just want my classes to be over with. (y) Mr. Weekend needs to be here already. ^_^

:hug: talula has the bus behaved today?

ETA:..:clapping: for extra money!!
It has, yes! While I was walking home yesterday, I gave it the stink eye whenever I saw one so I think it adjusted it's attitude accordingly. :lol:

Yep! Yay!

Oh my goodness I am so 😌 that it is Friday! :woot: I really just want my classes to be over with. (y) Mr. Weekend needs to be here already. ^_^
:baaa: (Yeah, so not as satisfying as when the smiley is actually there!)

Okay, a couple of my friends are actually getting annoyed with me because I don't want to go see Jen's movie tonight. I'm like, "Oh shut it! I've had plans to see this movie with nsspense ever since we found out about it, basically, so just wait for that day or go see it without me and deal with it." :rolleyes: It IS playing here, nsspense! :woot:

Oddly, another movie is going to be filmed here in town. An independent film with Laura Linney and someone from Munich. And Anthony Hopkins but he won't be coming here for it. But the super weird thing about it... it's a story about a student at University of Kansas. So "CU" is being cast as "KU." Why not just go actually film it in Lawrence? :o_O:

:woot: I know. That song is :cry: but the whole album it's on is really good. I like that album and the Ben Folds Five album Whatever and Ever Amen the best.

Oh my. I didn't realize humidifiers could be so potentially dangerous.

I'll have to look into this Ben Folds character more. *nod* Thank you, dearest! :hug:

Oh, yes. They are very hazardous. All that water in an electrical appliance and what not. Very bad.

:woot: Yay for extra dollars!

Speaking of extra dollars, my W2 came in, so I'm fixing to file my taxes! :woot:

Sydney Bristow said:

Don't feel out of the loop! Join right in. Tell us all about yourself: where you're from, what you're doing, why you're doing it. *nod* Have I introduced myself? I can't remember. In any case, I'm Meloh. I'm a senior in college in the Arklahoma area. I'm 21 years, 10 months, and 5 days. I know this because I'm going to Boston on my birthday! I've applied to graduate school in Boston and I am impatiently waiting to see if I've been accepted or not. Note the impatient part. I may explode before I find out!

:eek:ldhi:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back