SD-1 Refugee Thread-The Sequel

Status
Not open for further replies.
good luck Helen...although..if you ARE lucky we'll never know right? :shhh:

I was looking at all Civil Service (Government) jobs, and had viewed p of 19 pages, until the site refused to load any more, and kept pushing me back to page 1 :confused:. I have seen a photographer job with them which would be SO cool, but I don't have a photography degree (or driving licence, although the driving thing would be easily sorted).

ETA - I completely missed the heading of the next section, and thought it was about me... so when they said "Date deceased? (if applicable)", I got MAJORLY confused - how could I apply if I were dead?

:doh: :rotfl:

I shouldn't be doing this while listening to the radio, huh?

We're currently running behind schedule do to an option we needed to run in order to sort out the Firefox display issue. We hope to be back up this evening but it's too soon to tell for certain. We had thought the repair would be long since done.

OK I was registering on the GCHQ thing, and one question asks if at any time in the last 3 years, your employer has discussed your conduct, attendance record or poor performance. Wonderful, I'll have "Yes" on my account for the next 2 years and 51 weeks :rolleyes: - you can specify, so I did. Including that some bits were due to lack of commication between colleagues and me, and an unclear responsibility list for my role.

Grrrr 🔨

ETA - guess I'll be back to focusing on the admin in Universities route then! Which is fine, I'd love that. I think the whole intelligence thing would have scared me anyway ;)

*sigh*..well..on the bright side not having the board will keep me from trying to see the GA thread since I am likely to miss it tonight ;)

Happy Kelley's-on-The-Price-Is-Right-Day! : happydance:
Except for the fact that it didn't play today. :lol: I guess they decided to air it on the original play date they told us which is tomorrow instead of the date that's online. 🤷

I saw the NP today. She said my sinuses were so inflamed and swollen she couldn't tell if there was an infection or not. She went ahead and prescribed me some hard core antibiotics and Nasonex. Hopefully, I'll be feeling much better in a few days! :w00t:
I hope you feel better. :console: :hug: :smooch:

I was watching the 11 o'clock news last night because they had an interview with Chris on and as I was watching, guess who showed up in the footage they shot outside of the bar earlier in the afternoon? : blush: I was also in the footage that another station shot for the morning news today. : lol:
:woot: That's cool!

And :woot: you're famous! : lol: I wish I had your local station. And I really wish I could have watched Kelley's big debut on The Price Is Right. Darn Literary Criticism. 🔨
It'll be on hopefully tomorrow! 🙏 So there is still time. :whistle:

in other news, check this out...it's hilarious!
What not to get for Valentine's Day
Okay a lot of those are bad, but a few aren't depending on who you are giving them too and what type of person they are.

speaking of that...yesterday : heart: and I met with the photographer...he is going to cost us more than I expected..but Y'all...he is soooo good!!!!!!...we're doing this thing he calls a FlyShow where we go out for a whole day a month before the wedding and he just watches from afar and videotapes/photoshoots us...then make into a 15 minute clip that we'll show at the reception...and we won;t see the end product till then...I am anticipating tears when i see that : blush:....:lovely:
That sounds so awesome!

Oh my roommate read this online earlier. Kind of sad.

:eek:ldhi: I have to go read before I meet with my psych prof. to talk about my powerpoint presentation that's due next week. I have a feeling I'm going to be doing a lot of the work. <_< :rolleyes:

:eek:ldhi: Just passing through, I need to go to the gym, then back to school for a basketball game, then to a friend's house.

But :woot: for Lucky being so famous all of a sudden, with her two tv appearances and photos with celebreties! And same for Kelley! :woot: ETA: tomorrow!

I'm so glad you got medicine, Meloh, I hope it works fast! And how fun to be so pursued by Nebraska!

Ok, I will hopefully stop by later tonight when I have to grade some papers :Pinch:

Oh, yeah. So, I totally posted a fantastic post early this morning about 6:30 am at SD-1. Want to know why?

I bet you can guess.

Wait for it.... wait for it.....

Ta da!

The fire alarm went off! And it went off for five minutes straight. They couldn't get it to shut off. Then, they turned it off and it starts right back up. It was on for at least 10 minutes this morning. I was very angry. Irate, even. They told us to go back to bed about 2 minutes into it going off the first time. We were all sitting here banging our heads against the wall, which did not help my face.

I hope I get to see Kelley tomorrow! :w00t: I'm going to try.

:eek:ldhi:

ETA: The reason I posted about this was because I wanted to know if Mellie thought I could get away pleading insanity if something were to happen to individuals who cannot fix a fire alarm to save their life. :whistle: Loud noises that go on for so long that they begin to echo inside your head all day long are not good for the sane-ness.

ETAA: Although, now that I've asked this question on a public board, there's no way I could get away with pleading insanity. I've just displayed my intentions to the world. However, they aren't real intentions. At this moment, I don't intend to hurt someone or something. I'm just asking if, in the future, a fire alarm were to go off all crazy-like and cause some person to freak out and go on a kidnapping spree where this someone takes all the fire alarm makers in the world and locks them in a room where the fire alarm goes off minute after minute, hour after hour, day after day.... could one use the defense of insanity to justify the kidnapping of people? :Ponder:

OK, this tired little bunny is gonna hop along to bed, methinks. Well OK I'm sitting propped up in bed, but I have to shut the laptop down, get ready for bed, check everything's locked/switched off... must do that and THEN lie in bed, unlike last night where I lay in bed "just for a short while..." and ended up falling asleep for 2.5 hours, waking up at 1:30am and having to get ready for bed/switch everything off etc. :rolleyes:.

Night guys! :eek:ldhi:

sally, I absolutely adore your icon. :love: Such prettiness. :smiley: I can't wait for tonight's episode. And I am finally going to be able to see it on its original night, instead of watching it online or on repeat on Fridays. :smiley:

I've been having a really crappy day.. and SD-1 being down didn't help it at all.. Just freakishly tired but can't go to sleep. :( I hate this feeling

On a more happier note, I am loving the way my hair is cooperating today. :lol:

sally, I absolutely adore your icon. :love: Such prettiness. :smiley: I can't wait for tonight's episode. And I am finally going to be able to see it on its original night, instead of watching it online or on repeat on Fridays. :smiley:
I've been having a really crappy day.. and SD-1 being down didn't help it at all.. Just freakishly tired but can't go to sleep. :( I hate this feeling

On a more happier note, I am loving the way my hair is cooperating today. :lol:

thank you :hug:...

I actually gonna miss tonight's ep...I will most probably be going out with :love:....so I guess I am ok with missing it :lol:..I better check and see if they ARE going to repeat it tomorrow (I am seriously hating the abc.com video portal thingie)

ETA:..yup!!.there is a repeat :D

Hey guys. :eek:ldhi:

I'm so beat, but I have so much homework. :lol: Two days off hurt me more than helped me. :lol:

This week, another one of my friends at school was diagnosed with cancer. I've known her before she started going to my school and she's pretty cool. It just really sucks. Not only is it cancer, but its the same cancer as my other friend at school. She's not taking it very well. Before school started, she went to the same party I did when we skinny dipped in Lake Michigan. She asked me a lot of questions about Kemosabe those two days and we got really close that then. Its just...really sad. But she's in a really early stage of it, so its almost 100% chance of recovery.
[/sadness]

Today, I was thinking a lot about the party I went to before school started and every time it just brings a smile to my face. That was probably the best time of my life. :lol: [/nostalgic]

P.S. You're hair is so pretty.
I was thinking the same thing when I saw that picture yesterday, Lucky. Very pretty hair.

I'm going to go to bed now. My face hurts again. It hurts to have any type of facial expression whatsoever. Even blinking hurts. This is nuts! :lol:
Aw, sorry your face hurts. I hope it gets better soon :console: :hug:

I am so glad for this SD-1 refugee thread, though I always forget about it.

I feel so shaky right now and I don't know why. I ate, so I don't think its that. Maybe I am getting my mom's cold which would suck because I couldn't go to clinical if I was sick. You can't expose the residents to illness. We even had to get the flu shot to go there. What is wrong with my wonky body! My hands are even trembling a little. Ugh. I get that sometimes. I hate it.

I should get back to biology. Studying is going okay so far. I've got to get a lot done since I have a term paper due Wednesday and I haven't started it much :Pinch:

Hey guys. :eek:ldhi:

I'm so beat, but I have so much homework. :lol: Two days off hurt me more than helped me. :lol:

This week, another one of my friends at school was diagnosed with cancer. I've known her before she started going to my school and she's pretty cool. It just really sucks. Not only is it cancer, but its the same cancer as my other friend at school. She's not taking it very well. Before school started, she went to the same party I did when we skinny dipped in Lake Michigan. She asked me a lot of questions about Kemosabe those two days and we got really close that then. Its just...really sad. But she's in a really early stage of it, so its almost 100% chance of recovery.
[/sadness]

Today, I was thinking a lot about the party I went to before school started and every time it just brings a smile to my face. That was probably the best time of my life. :lol: [/nostalgic]
Oh, JSF, I'm sorry about your friend. :( You're right. It really sucks. I'm not sure I would take things well, either. I'll sending some :telepath: your way for both your friends, their families, and you. :hug:

It's great to have those memories, isn't it? :lovely:

Oh, JSF, I'm sorry about your friend. :( You're right. It really sucks. I'm not sure I would take things well, either. I'll sending some :telepath: your way for both your friends, their families, and you. :hug:

It's great to have those memories, isn't it? :lovely:
Yea, they could use them. The guy friend has been missing all week, presumably from kemo because it takes 3 days to recover, and the girl friend has cat scans and a port inserted tomorrow. :cringe: I'm not a big fan of ports. 🇳🇴

It is. :inlove: I was thinking about it during study hall and I just burst out laughing and Kemosabe shot me a look. :lol: After school, I found my friend whose party it was and I gave her a hug. :lol: I :love: her.

The Office -
Oh, my word. Michael is painful. PAINFUL to watch. And then, he starts quoting from The Princess Bride. :rotfl:

Jim's had some cute faces so far. Especially in the opening when he's Pavlov-ed Dwight.

ETA: It's very quiet in here. :Paranoid:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back