SD-1 Refugee Thread-The Sequel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Awwww no one is here when I get here! :pout:

Jsf, I'm so sorry :hug: That is very hard. I'm glad these people have such a good friend in you!

I need to grade papers.. but I have this incessant cough and now I'm all stuffy :(

I'm here! I'm here! But I'm fixing to crawl into bed because my night medicine is kicking in. :(

I'm sorry you've got a cough and that you're all stuffy. That's never fun. :telepath:

How'd the game go tonight?

Hi Meloh! :hug: Ohhh go to bed! Yay night medicine! I hope it works well!

The game was ok, but this time I watched the JV game to see my student get more play time, so the actually playing wasn't as spectacular. My little girl did great, though!

Hi Meloh! :hug: Ohhh go to bed! Yay night medicine! I hope it works well!

The game was ok, but this time I watched the JV game to see my student get more play time, so the actually playing wasn't as spectacular. My little girl did great, though!
:hug: I'm heading there.

I was wondering how she did! Yay for her! :w00t:

And to bed. :asleep:

I'm going to get some sleep. I just finished hw for history and i guess I just never knew that Andrew Johnson was impeached. :lol: Goodnight. :hi:

I'm going to get some sleep. I just finished hw for history and i guess I just never knew that Andrew Johnson was impeached. :lol: Goodnight. :hi:
:lol: Yep! He and Clinton are it! Nixon was well on his way, though.

good night, Meloh! :hug: (I couldn't resist reading your spoiler about the Office :blush: But it didn't really give anything away 😌)

And good night jsf! :hug:

Hi Grace! :hug: How are you? Did you just get home from work?

Oh, I still haven't posted some pictures I meant to, especially of the snow sculptures! Hopefully Sunday I'll have some time, I think that's the most likely day for free time :smiley:

I know! I was like, uh-oh. : unsure: The last time I went to the doctor over two years ago, he couldn't tell what was wrong with my throat. It was all inflamed and ugly and he decided to call it laryngitis. But he said he really didn't know what was going on except that I needed medication!

Oh, dude. Some of those are way bad. But the kazoo? I'd be okay with a kazoo. And the ninja hand claw. I could pretend I was Wolverine. *nod*
sounds like you need to see a better ear, nose, and throat doctor if you keep catching stuff

:lol: yeah that one was pretty cool

Though, there was a scheduled downtime for a few hours today. I read a post about it yesterday. I'll mention that in the thread next time I see a scheduled downtime!
wasn't well publicized then.

huh...I'd bet drugs and/or suicide.

The fire alarm went off! And it went off for five minutes straight. They couldn't get it to shut off. Then, they turned it off and it starts right back up. It was on for at least 10 minutes this morning. I was very angry. Irate, even. They told us to go back to bed about 2 minutes into it going off the first time. We were all sitting here banging our heads against the wall, which did not help my face.

ETA: The reason I posted about this was because I wanted to know if Mellie thought I could get away pleading insanity if something were to happen to individuals who cannot fix a fire alarm to save their life. :whistle: Loud noises that go on for so long that they begin to echo inside your head all day long are not good for the sane-ness.

ETAA: Although, now that I've asked this question on a public board, there's no way I could get away with pleading insanity. I've just displayed my intentions to the world. However, they aren't real intentions. At this moment, I don't intend to hurt someone or something. I'm just asking if, in the future, a fire alarm were to go off all crazy-like and cause some person to freak out and go on a kidnapping spree where this someone takes all the fire alarm makers in the world and locks them in a room where the fire alarm goes off minute after minute, hour after hour, day after day.... could one use the defense of insanity to justify the kidnapping of people? : ponder:
just :console: and :lol:

This week, another one of my friends at school was diagnosed with cancer. I've known her before she started going to my school and she's pretty cool. It just really sucks. Not only is it cancer, but its the same cancer as my other friend at school. She's not taking it very well. Before school started, she went to the same party I did when we skinny dipped in Lake Michigan. She asked me a lot of questions about Kemosabe those two days and we got really close that then. Its just...really sad. But she's in a really early stage of it, so its almost 100% chance of recovery.
[/sadness]
that's good they caught it early..that's the key.

The Office -
Oh, my word. Michael is painful. PAINFUL to watch. And then, he starts quoting from The Princess Bride. :rotfl:

Jim's had some cute faces so far. Especially in the opening when he's Pavlov-ed Dwight.
yeah Michael was really painful to watch. I liked Pam's interjections...though the ending was sad. The Pavlov bit was hilarious!

:lol : Yep! He and Clinton are it! Nixon was well on his way, though.
wasn't Johnson a vote away from being convicted? Nixon would have been, I bet.

wasn't Johnson a vote away from being convicted? Nixon would have been, I bet.
Hmmm I don't really remember.. I'll have to go look. But yes, Nixon would have been convicted, I think!
ETA: yep, acquitted by one vote! A steel trap, your memory! :number1:

Hmmm I don't really remember.. I'll have to go look. But yes, Nixon would have been convicted, I think!
ETA: yep, acquitted by one vote! A steel trap, your memory! :number1:
:lol: it depends on what I need to remember...history I like, so I remember it pretty well

:lol: it is an impressive one...what I don't really remember is what he did.

:eek:ldhi: Drew :hug:

I'm okay and yes I did just get home from work. 😌

How are you two?
:eek:ldhi: :hug:

very good!

I'm doing well...I need to go read for class soon, though (n)

and, :eek:ldhi:, officially, nsspense :lol:

Oh, me neither. :lol:

I'm ok, Grace.. ready for bed though! I'm waiting for :fireman: to call and then I think I'll stop grading and go to sleep!

ooh, I just realized I need to do laundry as well, and it's 11:20...so, I'm heading out...have a good night, everyone :hi:

:eek:ldhi: Sally :hug:
:eek:ldhi: new :moose:
👋 []Drew[/b] :hug: happy Laundering!

I've got to run but may I mention that I'm very sad about all of our smilies that are gone at SD-1? : (
:baaa: :cry:

so much for the "shiny" server : lol: ...I think Shakespeare summed it up best when he said, "All that glitters is not gold."
:rotlf: You're darned tootin!

ETA: I'm really bummed that we don't have our usual home. I was hoping to sit around FW all day. Maybe I'll get to do so tomorrow.
(n) I wish you could have sat around FW all day. :smooch:

Sally said:
speaking of that...yesterday :love: and I met with the photographer...he is going to cost us more than I expected..but Y'all...he is soooo good!!!!!!...we're doing this thing he calls a FlyShow where we go out for a whole day a month before the wedding and he just watches from afar and videotapes/photoshoots us...then make into a 15 minute clip that we'll show at the reception...and we won;t see the end product till then...I am anticipating tears when i see that : blush:....: lovely:
That sounds like :lovely: :love:

Wait for it.... wait for it.....
Ta da!

The fire alarm went off! And it went off for five minutes straight. They couldn't get it to shut off. Then, they turned it off and it starts right back up. It was on for at least 10 minutes this morning. I was very angry. Irate, even. They told us to go back to bed about 2 minutes into it going off the first time. We were all sitting here banging our heads against the wall, which did not help my face.

ETA: The reason I posted about this was because I wanted to know if Mellie thought I could get away pleading insanity if something were to happen to individuals who cannot fix a fire alarm to save their life. :whistle: Loud noises that go on for so long that they begin to echo inside your head all day long are not good for the sane-ness.

ETAA: Although, now that I've asked this question on a public board, there's no way I could get away with pleading insanity. I've just displayed my intentions to the world. However, they aren't real intentions. At this moment, I don't intend to hurt someone or something. I'm just asking if, in the future, a fire alarm were to go off all crazy-like and cause some person to freak out and go on a kidnapping spree where this someone takes all the fire alarm makers in the world and locks them in a room where the fire alarm goes off minute after minute, hour after hour, day after day.... could one use the defense of insanity to justify the kidnapping of people? : ponder:
:rolleyes: Silly fire alarm!

:rotfl:

:rotfl: :rotfl:

This week, another one of my friends at school was diagnosed with cancer. I've known her before she started going to my school and she's pretty cool. It just really sucks. Not only is it cancer, but its the same cancer as my other friend at school. She's not taking it very well. Before school started, she went to the same party I did when we skinny dipped in Lake Michigan. She asked me a lot of questions about Kemosabe those two days and we got really close that then. Its just...really sad. But she's in a really early stage of it, so its almost 100% chance of recovery.
[/sadness]
:cry: That's terrible! Lots and lots and lots of :telepath: :telepath: :telepath: :telepath: :telepath: for your friend!

I love smilies!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back