SD-1 Refugee Thread-The Sequel

Status
Not open for further replies.
:eek:ldhi: I was hoping I could get some prayers and :telepath:... I just found out my father has colon cancer. I'm kind of a mess right now.

ETA: I didn't say please. I'm sorry.

I just went climbing at my old gym :lov ely:
It turns out I do much better with a lack of oxygen living in Denver than I do with water-filled oxygen (humidity) in DC : pinch: Yuck!!!!!!! And I know this isn't even very bad.
I thought of you today! One my way home from work there was a radio ad for a free rock climbing event. I was thinking, "Hmm . . . I bet Nsspense would get a kick out of me going to that." The reason . . . I'm sure I'd have hilarious stories to report and be the worst climber ever! :hehe:

: oldhi: I was hoping I could get some prayers and :tel epath:... I just found out my father has colon cancer. I'm kind of a mess right now.

Oh, Prime! I'm so sorry to hear that! My Step-Dad was treated for colon cancer about 5 years ago. I know to extent what you're going through. Thankfully, he was successfully treated. Lots and lots of :telepath: and 🙏 that he's okay! :console:

:eek:ldhi: I was hoping I could get some prayers and :telepath:... I just found out my father has colon cancer. I'm kind of a mess right now.

Oh prime.. :hug: :smooch: Yes I will definitely be praying for you and your father!

I thought of you today! One my way home from work there was a radio ad for a free rock climbing event. I was thinking, "Hmm . . . I bet Nsspense would get a kick out of me going to that." The reason . . . I'm sure I'd have hilarious stories to report and be the worst climber ever! :hehe:
:lol: It does take practice, so everyone is the worst at first! But I bet you'd still have a good time!

My prime :love:, I'm so very sorry to hear about your father. You have my thoughts and prayers.

And all the love you need. :love:

:smooch: :smooch:

You're still so polite while you're a mess. :hug: I'm sorry. :( Lots of prayers and :telepath: for you and your family, Prime. I hope he is able to recover from this. :telepath: :telepath: :hug: :hug:

Oh, Prime! :hug: This last week just hasn't been a good one where cancer is concerned, now is it? :hug: :console:

Attention: Calling all Acer laptop users. Is there anything that could potentially go wrong or anything that anyone would need to know about them while using them? Like anything special compared to, like, a Dell or something like that. I sincerely hope that I made sense...

Goodnight. :hi:

Low battery life, jsf, but that's not necessarily a difference from other laptops like, say, Compaq or Gateway.

Congrats on the weight loss, lucky!

Many :telepath: :telepath: :telepath: :hug: :smooch: for prime!

I can't stay. :(

Thank you, Mellie, Nsspense, Meloh, Linds, JSF, Talula, and 5x5 :love:... :group: I appreciate all your support.

My dad was admitted to the hospital yesterday with severe anemia and given blood transfusions... he underwent tests today, and colon cancer was diagnosed. I keep hoping I'm going to wake up and this will just be a nightmare.

Thank you again... :group:

:eek:ldhi:

Oh no, I'm so sorry... :( Lots and lots of :telepath: and prayers for your father, and lots of love :love: for you. :hug: :smooch:

🛴 :eek:ldhi:

Leaving many :telepath:'s and prayers for Primey and her dad. And an extra special :hug: and :smooch: too.

Guys, I don't think I'm going to make it though today and tomorrow. :( I'm so so stressed about my finals now and living off of 6 hours of sleep. :Pinch: If you guys could send a few :telepath:'s this way just until tomorrow I would be so grateful.

I have to write an extra credit paper and then study some more. Then after my first final I have to study more for my second final and then later I have to study for my hardest test, my cummulative psych final which I haven't studied for at all. (n)

This doesn't bode well...

:hi:

Thanks, Elaine, Christin, and Kelley... :group:

Lots of :telepath:, Kelley... :hug: :smooch: You're going to make it through, and you're going to do great. :nod: And Mexico beckons... :woot:

Lots of :telepath:, Kelley... :hug: :smooch: You're going to make it through, and you're going to do great. :nod: And Mexico beckons... :woot:
:baaa: You'll make it, Kelley. I know you will. (y) :hug: And then, after you make it through, you can sing the "We did it!" song from Dora the Explorer. :lol: Jess and I sing that a lot. I've been teaching her how to spell at least one word a day and teaching her basic math skills. :blush:

Prime, I've not stopped thinking about you for one second. I wish there was more I could do besides sending my thoughts and prayers your way. :( :telepath: :telepath: 🙏 🙏 :hug: :hug:

Oh Prime :( :hug: I'm so sorry. How advanced is it? (if you're okay saying). From my limited knowledge, I thought this was one with a reasonably high success rate for treatment, and Mellie mentioned her step-father (y). I hope you're equally as lucky.

👋 everyone :hug:

Hi everyone! Just passing through to say a quick hello. One of my best friends is on her way over. I haven't seen her since the wedding! We also got to hang out this afternoon with our friend who now lives in England, and I haven't seen him since the wedding, either!

Helen, he was shocking us with stories of how ridiculously expensive England is! :lol:

Lots of prayers for you prime. :hug: :smooch: Thanks for keeping us informed :hug:

Hi everyone! Just passing through to say a quick hello. One of my best friends is on her way over. I haven't seen her since the wedding! We also got to hang out this afternoon with our friend who now lives in England, and I haven't seen him since the wedding, either!

Helen, he was shocking us with stories of how ridiculously expensive England is! :lol:

It is and isn't, I guess. Depending on where you live, house prices are cheaper for you guys (on a small town level), but as for cities - I don't know. The county I live in (Devon) is much more expensive to buy a house in, than say Wales, or a northern county. Public travel and petrol - you're cheaper.

But I'd take more expensive petrol, over cheaper healthcare, any day. Whatever the problems with the NHS (and there are problems) - if my friend has problems giving birth, she won't be saddled with a $20,000 bill (as an internet aquaintance did, when she had a major complication). That kind of debt could cripple someone (luckily the person I knew got charity aid to help pay it all off).

Then again, we're closer to hop to Europe and back!

Swings and roundabouts, I guess. Whereabouts is your friend based?

👋 Sally!

It is and isn't, I guess. Depending on where you live, house prices are cheaper for you guys (on a small town level), but as for cities - I don't know. The county I live in (Devon) is much more expensive to buy a house in, than say Wales, or a northern county. Public travel and petrol - you're cheaper.

But I'd take more expensive petrol, over cheaper healthcare, any day. Whatever the problems with the NHS (and there are problems) - if my friend has problems giving birth, she won't be saddled with a $20,000 bill (as an internet aquaintance did, when she had a major complication). That kind of debt could cripple someone (luckily the person I knew got charity aid to help pay it all off).

Then again, we're closer to hop to Europe and back!

Swings and roundabouts, I guess. Whereabouts is your friend based?

👋 Sally!
I don't think I'm allowed to say where exactly he's based :Ponder:
But he was saying everything costs the same amount (houses, food, clothes, everything) but then the dollar is worth half the amount of a pound. So he paid 60 pounds to see a live soccer game, which would be about $120! That's insane.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back