SD-1 Refugee Thread-The Sequel

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think I'm allowed to say where exactly he's based :Ponder:
But he was saying everything costs the same amount (houses, food, clothes, everything) but then the dollar is worth half the amount of a pound. So he paid 60 pounds to see a live soccer game, which would be about $120! That's insane.

No worries - I was thinking he'd probably be south east, i.e. London, Reading, Berkshire - very very expensive to live there, with house prices and transport. If he'd lived up north, I doubt he'd have said the same.

From what I've seen, DVDs and CDs etc are cheaper for you. For instance, iTunes US is $0.99/song, right? That's about 50p equivalent. We pay 79p. Clothes are also cheaper overall, I know people used to stock up on jeans and sunglasses etc when visiting NYC or Florida.

But without going myself, I couldn't say. The petrol prices I'd heard about, and some house prices through watching property shows where people emigrate to America.

£60 for the football is a lot - they might have been special seats though. Or for a major team (like Man Utd) - that'd be like paying to see the Knicks or Red Sox. Paying to see a 1st or 2nd division team like my local city would be significantly cheaper - a bit like paying to see maybe your city team.

👋 I hope everyone is doing well. I got off from clinical early today, which is nice because I missed traffic. It was a bit of a difficult day because my patient really wasn't doing well. I read the newspaper to her. I don't know if that helped or made it worse. I never know which it is. I hate annoying patients, but at the same time, if all they are willing to do is lie in bed depressed, you can't just leave them like that all day. I'm still having trouble talking to people and getting past my shyness. I go to talk to them and my mind goes blank. But I like clinical nonetheless. Except tommorrow I am going to be in an Adult Day Program for the next 3 weeks. I really don't want to. I want to be on the inpatient psych unit. Anyways, that's my ramble for today.

:eek:ldhi:

Lots and lots more :telepath: for Prime and her dad... :hug: :hug: :hug:

Lots and lots of :telepath: ebing sent to Kelley. :smooch: You're gonna ace it, remember. :whistle:

:hi:

I don't think I'm allowed to say where exactly he's based :Ponder:
But he was saying everything costs the same amount (houses, food, clothes, everything) but then the dollar is worth half the amount of a pound. So he paid 60 pounds to see a live soccer game, which would be about $120! That's insane.
Jumping in here... that's really not bad though, is it? I mean, for a professional soccer game? A professional football game here would be at least as much, on the low end of ticket sales. :Ponder:

:hi: everyone! I miss our normal environment! I can't stay, again, cuz I'm going to go to laundry and random work things that I don't need to concentrate too much on over at Reggie'sMomma's house.

😌 My advisor and I have been having some therapeutic emailing go back and forth cuz I'm feeling like I'm too scattered right now. She just told me that she adores me. :lovely: :blush:

Anyway, so yes, I must run off. But my thoughts are definitely still with primey! :telepath: :hug: :smooch: And they are also with kelley!! :telepath:

Bye for now!

Just a 🛴 post from me...I am absolutely drowning in work right now, and my deadlines are just ridiculous. 😭

I wanted to give my prime :love: lots and lots of :smooch: :smooch:! :love:

Also, many :telepath: for Kelley, though I know you don't need them--you're so so smart, and you're going to do SO well! :hug:

I miss you guys and hope we can all catch up soon. :hi:

ETA: :doh: Linds, in order to NOT use that freaky waving guy, it's : oldhi :. ;)

I hate rotating photos in Windows Picture and Fax Viewer 🔨 *grumblegrumble*

I'm watching a Cary Grant film, so that's mollifying things a little :blush:. There's a chimpanzee too :lol:

Kelleyand 5x5 - good luck with the deadlines!

'lo Christin! :hug:

My dad was admitted to the hospital yesterday with severe anemia and given blood transfusions... he underwent tests today, and colon cancer was diagnosed. I keep hoping I'm going to wake up and this will just be a nightmare.
:Pinch: I wish it was only a nightmare for you. :hug:

£60 for the football is a lot - they might have been special seats though. Or for a major team (like Man Utd) - that'd be like paying to see the Knicks or Red Sox. Paying to see a 1st or 2nd division team like my local city would be significantly cheaper - a bit like paying to see maybe your city team.
Ah! That's the team David Beckham played for!

Oh, man. Jessica is telling lies about me. It's not good. We picked up her sister and as we were driving out of the school zone, we got stuck behind some kids that were walking in the street. I slowed down and let them continue walking in the middle of the street. I didn't yell at them to get out of the road or honk at them or anything. I just left them alone in the street. There was a girl who was standing up on the back of a bike that some boy was driving/riding. Well, all of a sudden, the boy pushed the girl off and she fell into the road. Jessica looked up just in time to see the girl lying in the road in front of my truck and decided that I had hit the girl! Now, she goes around telling people that I run over little girls! :lol: For about two seconds, she changed the story to say that I run over little old ladies, but now she's back to little girls.

And the girl was like 13 or 14. Too old to be running around all helter-skelter like in the street.

More :telepath: and prayers for Prime and her family.

Jumping in here... that's really not bad though, is it? I mean, for a professional soccer game? A professional football game here would be at least as much, on the low end of ticket sales. :Ponder:
I would have thought it would be less than $120, though it is still expensive to go to a pro game. They were seeing big teams, but I don't know which ones. All I know is he has been shocked by how much everything costs since he got there.

Dinner time!

Ah! That's the team David Beckham played for!

Yep - many big names there, and that's why it costs a fortune to see them. You could see the other Manchester team (Man City) play for a lot less I think, as they aren't a Premiership team - I think they're the next division down, in the first division.

I think it goes something like Premiership, first division, second division, conference league. The names have changed depending on who's sponsoring that season (like they had the Vauxhall Conference League, when Vauxhall sponsored that season's competition for that level).

Not being a footbal nut, it tends to go in one ear and out the other.

And on that bizarre sentence, I'll bid y'all adieu as 1) it's after midnight, 2) I'm up early tomorrow and 3) I've been needing a pee for ages now, but wanted to finish my 12 of 12 Blog entry and some bits and bobs! :lol:

Night guys! :hug:

:eek:ldhi:

: lol: It does take practice, so everyone is the worst at first! But I bet you'd still have a good time!
I'm thinking about it. I just need to find someone willing to go with me. :Ponder:

Thank you, Mellie, Nsspense, Meloh, Linds, JSF, Talula, and 5x5 : heart:... :g roup: I appreciate all your support.

My dad was admitted to the hospital yesterday with severe anemia and given blood transfusions... he underwent tests today, and colon cancer was diagnosed. I keep hoping I'm going to wake up and this will just be a nightmare.

Thank you again... : group:
I've had you and your family in my thoughts and prayers all day, Prime! :console: :telepath:

Guys, I don't think I'm going to make it though today and tomorrow. : ( I'm so so stressed about my finals now and living off of 6 hours of sleep. : pinch: If you guys could send a few :tel epath:'s this way just until tomorrow I would be so grateful.

I have to write an extra credit paper and then study some more. Then after my first final I have to study more for my second final and then later I have to study for my hardest test, my cummulative psych final which I haven't studied for at all. : down:

This doesn't bode well...

:hi:
Lots of :telepath: for you, Kelley! You're almost there!

Hi everyone! Just passing through to say a quick hello. One of my best friends is on her way over. I haven't seen her since the wedding! We also got to hang out this afternoon with our friend who now lives in England, and I haven't seen him since the wedding, either!
That's always fun!

: wave: I hope everyone is doing well. I got off from clinical early today, which is nice because I missed traffic. It was a bit of a difficult day because my patient really wasn't doing well. I read the newspaper to her. I don't know if that helped or made it worse. I never know which it is. I hate annoying patients, but at the same time, if all they are willing to do is lie in bed depressed, you can't just leave them like that all day. I'm still having trouble talking to people and getting past my shyness. I go to talk to them and my mind goes blank. But I like clinical nonetheless. Except tommorrow I am going to be in an Adult Day Program for the next 3 weeks. I really don't want to. I want to be on the inpatient psych unit. Anyways, that's my ramble for today.
I'm glad that you're enjoying clinical, Linds!

Just a : scooter: post from me...I am absolutely drowning in work right now, and my deadlines are just ridiculous. : sob:
Here's hoping work settles down! :telepath:

Oh, man. Jessica is telling lies about me. It's not good. We picked up her sister and as we were driving out of the school zone, we got stuck behind some kids that were walking in the street. I slowed down and let them continue walking in the middle of the street. I didn't yell at them to get out of the road or honk at them or anything. I just left them alone in the street. There was a girl who was standing up on the back of a bike that some boy was driving/riding. Well, all of a sudden, the boy pushed the girl off and she fell into the road. Jessica looked up just in time to see the girl lying in the road in front of my truck and decided that I had hit the girl! Now, she goes around telling people that I run over little girls! : lol: For about two seconds, she changed the story to say that I run over little old ladies, but now she's back to little girls.

And the girl was like 13 or 14. Too old to be running around all helter-skelter like in the street.
Oh my goodness, she is too funny! :lol: I'm glad you weren't driving around running over little girls, Meloh!

I hope everyone's Tuesday went well! Lots of extra :telepath: and :hug: for Prime!

:eek:ldhi: JSF. I'll promise to do my best to not kill you. :bag: I can't believe she's telling people that. My reputation will be ruined. :lol:
That is a huge relief to me, that you won't kill me, of course. *nod* :D I can see it now, girl. She'll tell all her friends that her nanny kills kids with her car and her friend's will tell their parents. One day, she'll ask you if someone can come over and you'll call the parent, but they'll say "no" because they think you kill children!

Yep - many big names there, and that's why it costs a fortune to see them. You could see the other Manchester team (Man City) play for a lot less I think, as they aren't a Premiership team - I think they're the next division down, in the first division.

I think it goes something like Premiership, first division, second division, conference league. The names have changed depending on who's sponsoring that season (like they had the Vauxhall Conference League, when Vauxhall sponsored that season's competition for that level).
Huh. :Ponder: Interesting. I just finished reading the Autobiography of Victoria Beckham, hence how I knew this. *nod*

I'm rather frustrated. I'm trying to find a support group that has meetings in my area that allows students to attend. Its for school. And there are supposedly 100s of these and I've looked in directories, on websites, etc. and I can only find AA ones (but there are a whole bunch of other people going to those and our teacher doesn't want us all going to AA), and there is an overeaters annonymous but its at a very inconvenient location/time. I've spent the last hour and a half looking. I've got to go by next Thursday. I really want to go to the AA one. I emailed my teacher. I just hope she says yes. Oh, how frustrating! I'm getting rather stressed about it.

:hi: everyone!

I'm just searching at a live map thing. It's cool. I found my home. I printed the map out and I gave it to mom and I told her, "Now, you can remember where you live." Hehe, I was being a smarty pants.

Prime, :telepath: and prayers sending your way and your family too. :telepath:

That is a huge relief to me, that you won't kill me, of course. *nod* :D I can see it now, girl. She'll tell all her friends that her nanny kills kids with her car and her friend's will tell their parents. One day, she'll ask you if someone can come over and you'll call the parent, but they'll say "no" because they think you kill children!

Huh. :Ponder: Interesting. I just finished reading the Autobiography of Victoria Beckham, hence how I knew this. *nod*
:lol: I'm glad you're not afraid of me. By the end of the week, I expect policemen to come and take me away! She's crazy.

:blink: She's got an autobiography??

:lol: That is exactly what just went through my head.

How is everyone this evening?

*dead* I don't think I can survive this 1:30-10pm stuff for five nights! How are you doing? Excited for TC tomorrow?

It hadn't occurred to me until I got a email alert tonight. :duh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back