SD-1 Refugee Thread-The Sequel

Status
Not open for further replies.
:lol: That is exactly what just went through my head.

How is everyone this evening?

I'm doing well.

I talked to my teacher and she said I could go to the support group meeting that is convenient for me. So I'm feeling much less stressed about the whole thing. There are AA meetings every night in Maple Ridge, so I can pretty much go whenever and I don't need a partner :smiley:

I've got to go to bed now. I'm gonna miss being on the ward, but hopefully outpatient psychiatry will be interesting. I'm only observing though, so that could make it a long 4 days. Definitely gonna miss the ward, and seeing the patients. Maybe I'll go and ask my fellow students how my patient is doing. I've been her nurse for 3 days, and now I'm quite curious to see how she does (though not well as of today).

Okay, good night

Thanks again, everyone, for your support... :group: My dad is having surgery tomorrow at 1:00, and then we'll find out if the cancer has metastasized and where things go from there.

Lots of continued :telepath: for Kelley... :hug: :smooch:

Nsspense, it sounds like you're having a fantastic time! :hug: :smooch:

LisE, :telepath: for your exhausting week... :hug: :smooch:

Linds, I'm glad you were able to get things worked out. I hope you have a good day tomorrow. :hug: :smooch:

And because you're dear to me, :hug: and :smooch: for Talula, Christin, Helen, Meloh, Lucky, Mellie, Drew, Sally, Kat, Mel, and Grace.

Big, big :smooch: :smooch: and lots of love for my 5x5 :love:, who stuck with me all day. :love:

🛴 :eek:ldhi:

Hopefully I will get a chance to do a proper catch up post, but I have packing to do tomorrow after my final. :rolleyes:

Anyhoo, thanks for all of the :telepath:'s you guys. My finals today weren't too bad 😌, but psych studying is kicking my butt right now. :Pinch: I still have 4 chapters to review on the study guide she gave us and then tomorrow I need to go over all of my notes so I have an idea of everything that is not on the study guide just in case.

Leaving lots and lots of :telepath:'s for Primey's dad. And an extra special :hug: and :smooch: for Primey.

Back to studying.

:hi:

🛴 :eek:ldhi:

Catchup will come later tonight. I hopped on during breakfast this morning, but didn't have enough time to post. I wanted to come in and wish Prime and her family lots of positive, calming thoughts for today. :telepath: I'll be thinking and praying for you all today. I hope the surgery goes well, and that you all receive the best news possible out of the situtaion. :telepath: :smooch: :hug:

See you all after work! 🛴

I wanted to come in and wish Prime and her family lots of positive, calming thoughts for today. :telepath: I'll be thinking and praying for you all today. I hope the surgery goes well, and that you all receive the best news possible out of the situation. :telepath: :smooch: :hug:
:baaa: :baaa: :baaa: :baaa:

Just wanted to drop in and let prime know I'm praying for her, her family, and that the surgery goes well :hug: :smooch:

I went running at sea level today :lovely: All that oxygen! :lol:
I had to drop :fireman: off at the airport today :( I hated that... we kind of enjoyed that those airport scenes were past us!

Catchup will come later tonight. I hopped on during breakfast this morning, but didn't have enough time to post. I wanted to come in and wish Prime and her family lots of positive, calming thoughts for today. :telepath: I'll be thinking and praying for you all today. I hope the surgery goes well, and that you all receive the best news possible out of the situtaion. :telepath: :smooch: :hug:

More :baaa: (and thanks to the TV show House, for giving me a clue what metastised (was that the word? I know it but can't quite remember it) means...)

I think I'm going to start posting some fanfics here - I was about to update Tell Me Lies on SD-1, and now I can't! Plus one or two people said they wished I'd posted them here, when SD-1 went down before :blush:.

I applied for two jobs today - probably out of my league, but oh well, nothing lost by applying, right? Both are with a biomedical lab in Cambridge, one as a PA and the other as an Accounts Officer. I never mentioned about the third job, did I? Ages ago, I enquired about an Italian language job which Dad had spotted online, advertised through a recruitment agency. It turned out I couldn't fit the hours in with my current job, so I didn't pursue it (plus the commute would have been the same difficulty or worse than my current one). Well the lady must have kept my details, as she rang my house Monday afternoon, and as I was out, she tried my cellphone (my old one, I've since changed it). I managed to contact her on yesterday, and it's for an Italian Market Analyst with Reuters (the Data division, rather than the news). It's still in Devon (so same county), but a different town. Problem is, the job is in a town east of [city], and I live in a village on the west of [city]... so I either need to learn to drive and then have a fairly longish drive each day, or move to the town and rent somewhere there. It's not a lot more money than I'm on now, but a) it's using my Italian, b) it's sounding more interesting and challenging than what I'm doing now, and c) people know Reuters, so it might have more clout than my current company (although in the road industry, people will know my company).

I'll keep you posted!

*dead* I don't think I can survive this 1:30-10pm stuff for five nights! How are you doing? Excited for TC tomorrow?

It hadn't occurred to me until I got a email alert tonight. :duh:
:console: I'm sorry I ran off last night. I just decided to put myself to bed right after I got my laundry out of the dryer. But yes! I am indeed excited! :w00t:

I talked to my teacher and she said I could go to the support group meeting that is convenient for me. So I'm feeling much less stressed about the whole thing. There are AA meetings every night in Maple Ridge, so I can pretty much go whenever and I don't need a partner :smiley:
Great news!

Thanks again, everyone, for your support... :group: My dad is having surgery tomorrow at 1:00, and then we'll find out if the cancer has metastasized and where things go from there.
Oh, that's in 14 minutes! :telepath: :telepath: :telepath: :telepath: for him and his doctors!!!

Anyhoo, thanks for all of the :telepath:'s you guys. My finals today weren't too bad 😌, but psych studying is kicking my butt right now. :Pinch:
Yay! I'm glad they were alright today. More :telepath: for psych!!

I had to drop :fireman: off at the airport today :( I hated that... we kind of enjoyed that those airport scenes were past us!
Awww. :hug: :smooch: Hey, guess what? One of my students is doing his research project on what it means to be a climber at "your" gym in Boulder!

More :baaa: (and thanks to the TV show House, for giving me a clue what metastised (was that the word? I know it but can't quite remember it) means...)

It's not a lot more money than I'm on now, but a) it's using my Italian, b) it's sounding more interesting and challenging than what I'm doing now, and c) people know Reuters, so it might have more clout than my current company (although in the road industry, people will know my company).
I want to say that it refers to whether or not it has spread to any other areas of the body?

Oh that sounds really cool! Definitely keep us posted. Hopefully they'd work with you to help pay for moving costs? That darned car thing... :Ponder:

I want to say that it refers to whether or not it has spread to any other areas of the body?

Oh that sounds really cool! Definitely keep us posted. Hopefully they'd work with you to help pay for moving costs? That darned car thing... :Ponder:

Oh, you might be right - I thought it was to do with going from a small collection of cells to a more solid tumour (or something). It was one of those "getting a vague understanding but never stopped to define it in my mind" things. Your one makes more sense, and logic.

Well it's not long distance enough for moving costs - I live a half hour drive west of [city], and the job is in a town err somewhere between 30 minutes and an hour east? (never driven it). However, the two jobs in Cambridge are far away - a few hours drive, and they might qualify for support in moving, if the company offered it (some do, some don't). The company in Cambridge do offer some reimbursement of costs in attending interview, I think.

I'm reading 12 of 12 entries, on people's Blogs :D Chad Darnell has created something really good, and it unites between 40 and 60 people each month, taking 12 photos of their day on the 12th photo of each month :D. Just in our group, we have me, Christin and Mellie, and Elaine (Agent Tippin) does it too.

Ooh! I don't have the blogs bookmarked on Dwight so I need to hop over to the desktop and check those 12 of 12s out!

Ugh. I have to write a quiz today. Only 15 questions and a short answer but I seem to take a long time to do everything these days. :lol:

I've been sitting on the couch since class having some lunch and a bit of relaxation, emailing, etc. I desperately need to tidy up, deal with dishes, fold and put away laundry, blah blah blah. So I'll be in and out most of the day. :smiley:

Stupid internet ate my reply! 🔨

Talula - I have a link to Chad's Blog in my 12 of 12 post, but in case you don't have mine bookmarked, then here's Chad's Blog: 12 of 12. He's not put the links to everyone's entries into his post yet as he's had puter problems.

I've had an idea for something to go in a fanfic. What I can't decide, is whether to add it into Le Onde, or to use it to create a new fic (and maybe do that for NaNoWriMo). But it's devilish *mwahaha* :D

:lol: I'm glad you're not afraid of me. By the end of the week, I expect policemen to come and take me away! She's crazy.

:blink: She's got an autobiography??
:rotfl:

:lol: Yes, she does! Its actually one of the best books I've read lately, too. Granted, she doesn't have the best English/writing skills, but it's interpretable. She's got quite the story. *nod*

No Mexicans at work today, but I learned a great deal about everyone today from my partner. *nod* I'll summarize it by saying that alot of bad stuff has happened there, but they are a close knit family. *nod*

:eek:ldhi:

Yay! I'm glad they were alright today. More :telepath: for psych!!
Those must have been some superpowered :telepath:'s because psych wasn't too bad. 😌 I talked to one of the girls in my class after since we finished at the same time and we both had a lot of Cs in a row and Bs in a row. 😌 And we answered similarly for the short answer. 😌

And I'm done, I'm done, I'm done, I'm done. :thud: :groupwave: :woot: :jump: :woot: :happydance: :confetti:

Leaving lots more :telepath:'s for Primey and her dad. :hug: :smooch:

I have to go pack, wrap a present so I can ship it, and sell back my books.

:hi:

I'm glad the psych final wasn't so bad, Kelley. And this is embarrassing, but I wrote psycho instead. :lol:

Lots more :telepath: and prayers for Prime and her family. Has anyone heard anything about the surgery today??? 😟

I used to partake in the 12 of 12 business. I did it a few times, anyway. I always forget to do it myself, but I enjoy sneaking peeks at other people's lives. I rarely comment, though. I only comment if I have something worthwhile to say. Otherwise, I just feel dumb. 🤷

:eek:ldhi:

Time for bed :yawn:. Didn't manage to get much done other than read nearly all the 12 of 12 posts, and shower :lol:.

But it's past my bedtime and tomorrow's an early morning, so night folks! 🛴

😌 Surgery is over... they got the cancer (and a gallbladder full of gallstones), and there was no metastasis (which does mean spreading to other parts of the body). He'll be in intensive care for a couple of days, but things look good. 😌 :cry: 😌

Thank you again for all your thoughts and prayers... :group:

I'll be back a little later tonight. :hi:

😌 Surgery is over... they got the cancer (and a gallbladder full of gallstones), and there was no metastasis (which does mean spreading to other parts of the body). He'll be in intensive care for a couple of days, but things look good. 😌 :cry: 😌

Thank you again for all your thoughts and prayers... :group:

I'll be back a little later tonight. :hi:
Oh, that's great news, Prime! :w00t: 😌 Many :telepath: and prayers for a speedy recovery. :hug: :smooch:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back