SD-1 Refugee Thread-The Sequel

Status
Not open for further replies.
:eek:ldhi:

Well, the rains are back! It is bucketing rain here at the moment and has been since lunch time. Looks like we're in for another wet and chilly weekend!

Firstly, :woot: :woot: :woot: :confetti: :clap: :clap: YAY for DaddyPrime! This is fantastic news! 😌 Lots more :telepath: for a quick and smooth recovery from the surgery!

5x5, I know the work load you have at the moment is terrible but I simply cannot kill you. Nope.Sorry, can't do it. We love you too much. :smooch:

:woot: for the guy giving you his number Lucky! :hug: :hug:

I would tell you, but some people dont want us talking about it.
Linds, I can't help but feel that this is directed at me. I'm sorry if you were offended by my request, but at the time some speculation had already began and since I was one of the only people around at the time, I just wanted to nip it in the bud before it got carried away. Anyway, if anyone is looking for an update as to what's happening with SD-1, you can visit this thread at the temp site for more information. And if anyone asks you about what's happening, just direct them to that site as well. :smiley:

:love:

I would tell you, but some people dont want us talking about it.

Has anyone seen Luke around? He got totally slapped around at the SD temp boards. I'm hoping he isn't too hurt.

Oh, if anyone wants to hang around the temp boards, here's the link: http://z6.invisionfree.com/SD1_Temp/index.php?act=idx
I'm just posting it becuase I think a lot of people lost the link. There was a thread for chatting in there, but it got deleted.

I'm really sorry to crash your thread here but I just wanted to let you know what is happening. Luke and I PMed and everything is fine.

Here is what was posted at the temp board. I just closed down a thread because someone claimed that they had reliable information about what is going on with sd-1.

If you don't know what you're talking about please don't assume things. Your "reliable sources", obviously doesn't know what they're talking about. Many people have been effected by this in far more reaching ways then you realize. I'd suggest you stop speculating on our board before someone comes in and replies in a manner that doesn't have them biting their tongue. You might want to try bringing this to PMs.

You will have a chance to retrieve all of your fics and any threads you may want to retain. An announcement will be up within the next few days.

I know that may sound harsh and I'm sorry for that. Without going into details (which I never will be doing), suffice to say that many people myself included were deeply effected by this situation and unfortunately the repercussions are long term both on the internet and even more upsetting in our "real lives". Speculating on what happened is only rubbing salt into some very deep wounds. I hope you can all understand this. :smiley:

A formal announcement will hopefully be made within a few days. We are working on a way to retain certain aspects of sd-1 such as fanfiction. We will also be working out a way for people to request threads that hold emotional importance to them and a way for people to contact others from the board. Please bear with us. As I stated earlier this has thrown some of our "real lives" into a nightmare.

Please don't get upset with Sweetiepie. I think because of the timing of the initial situation she was one of the few people who got a glimpse of the chaos. I truly appreciate her words and now that you all may have a better take on the implications of this mess I'm sure you can understand why we feel that speculating openly is just adding to an already horrific situation.

Thank you for your understanding and if anyone has any questions please feel free to PM me here at AA.

Jodi

Speculating on what happened is only rubbing salt into some very deep wounds. I hope you can all understand this. :smiley:
*raises hand* Oh I understand salt in the wounds...and being kicked in the teeth, slandered, being called plenty of really ugly names, and then having your child dragged into it as well. 'Tis not pleasant. :smiley: No speculation there - that's exactly what happened.

A formal announcement will hopefully be made within a few days.
Not giving members a shred of info as to why their boards are gone leads to speculation...

I think because of the timing of the initial situation she was one of the few people who got a glimpse of the chaos.
Actually, quite a few people got a more than a glimpse of the 'chaos', so really, there's probably not as much speculation out there as one might think. ;)

When we asked to keep speculation out of this thread, it was from every side. For my part, I wasn't asking for the benefit of one particular "side" but rather for everyone. Can we please leave this entire incident out of our thread. I honestly don't feel like this is the appropriate forum to address anything. Private messages or another way would be best.

When we asked to keep speculation out of this thread, it was from every side. For my part, I wasn't asking for the benefit of one particular "side" but rather for everyone. Can we please leave this entire incident out of our thread. I honestly don't feel like this is the appropriate forum to address anything. Private messages or another way would be best.
I wasn't speculating, but my apologies for disrupting the thread.

Hope everyone is doing well and having a good summer! Cheers! :smiley:

Well said, LisE! :eek:ldclap: :eek:ldup:

ETA: I hate the real-hands smilies. They creep me out!

Just :scootering: by...

🎂 :woot: 🎂 :happydance: 🎂

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, LINDS! :hug: :smooch:

Hope you have a wonderful day, and a year full of creativity, joy, and fun.

🎂 :happydance: 🎂 :woot: 🎂

😌 Surgery is over... they got the cancer (and a gallbladder full of gallstones), and there was no metastasis (which does mean spreading to other parts of the body). He'll be in intensive care for a couple of days, but things look good. 😌 :cry: 😌

Thank you again for all your thoughts and prayers... :group:

I'll be back a little later tonight. :hi:

Oh Prime, that's brilliant news! I had a feeling it wouldn't have metastised, I was hoping I was right! :hug:

:blush: I meant to leave some :telepath: for Helen about her job search, but I think I forgot. I'm sorry, Helen. The Reuters job sounds pretty awesome! :w00t: Good luck!

Thanks to you, Mellie and I think Talula said good luck too. The Reuters one is an urgent post, so should be moving quickly and letting people know quickly. Tonight I popped by the recruitment agency to do an Excel test and data input. The keyboard and mouse kept misbehaving in the Excel one, leading to a low score for me, and I messed up the data input by typing it all during the warmup - did about 3 out of the 5 information sheets, so when the real thing started after, I kept going and did sheets 4 and 5. Then thought "what do I do now?" So I started again with sheet 1. This meant everything was out of order and a low score. I explained this (she'd not told me how to skip the warm up, only that the test itself was 5 minutes, so I thought the "3 minutes to complete" was odd - it was for the warm up! I redid the thing, doing the warm up and test again, and got 97.1% accuracy (I sometimes have typographic dyslexic moments and type things like "teh", or "Peterobrough", swapping letters around. Still, good enough.

If you guys don't mind, could you send up a prayer or two for my brother? The one in Iraq? Today (well, where he is) the 14th, is his birthday. He's away from everyone, has the flu, and it's 120 degrees :( He's been away for many days without contacting us because he was on missions, but now he's back at his base and feeling awful. Thank you :hug:

Done! Hope he feels better soon :hug:

Alrighty.... so I've been talking to this guy a lot lately and I was really sad that the term was ending. Today was the final for one of the classes I had with him, so it was the last day I'd be seeing him. Or so I thought. :whistle: We both got there early so we went into an empty room and were going to do some last minute studying, but we ended up mostly talking. When it was time to get to our class, I went and sat in my usual seat and, instead of him sitting in his usual seat which was across the room, he came and sat next to me. Needless to say, I was happy. :lol: Anyway, we both finished about the same time and so we walked out together. While we were walking he asked me when I was moving back to Washington and I told him it wouldn't be until Labor Day weekend. He then asked me what my plans were for the summer and if I'd be around. I told him I was just planning on working but that I would definitely be around. He was like good because I really want to hang out with you so here's my number... call me and we can do something!!! :woot: I was super happy because I had been debating whether or not to casually give him my number, but I didn't want to look stupid or anything you know? So he made it easy! :lol:

Yay, Lucky! :w00t:

:baaa:

ETA - Happy Birthday Linds - hope you have a good day :smiley: 🎂

Talula - thanks for your Blog comment, it made my morning to see that! :smooch:

Right, gonna try and do stuff tonight, I really need to get travel stuff booked :doh: :doh:

Could anyone else not get in here ALLLLLLL night last night? :o_O: I mean, I tried 20 times and went through different search engines and stuff but it looks like at least some of us were here and able to post. *pout*

Anywhoo - that event made me think that we might all want to create an email list so we can maintain contact with each other in case another disasterous event occurs. Everyone wanna PM me your emails? (Probably someone has alot of them and I know they were on the Fun Mail list but an update is probably wise and, of course there is the fact that we can't access the Fun Mail list if we didn't print it out and just left it saved in our sd-1 Pm box.)

Anywhoo...
🎂 :happydance: 🎂 :happydance: 🎂 :happydance: 🎂
Happy Birthday Linds!!!!
I hope you have the greatest day, filled with everything you love most!
:hug: :smooch:​

Could anyone else not get in here ALLLLLLL night last night? wacko.gif I mean, I tried 20 times and went through different search engines and stuff but it looks like at least some of us were here and able to post. *pout*
Do you use IE or Firefox? I've had many problems getting in here using Internet Explorer. It slows and just doesn't open sometimes. So... if that's your case I'd say Firefox is a lot better. I have no problems with it.

On another note...

Happy Birthday Linds :smiley:

Thanks! :h ug: And weekends.... let's see. I'm officially going home this weekend, the weekend of June 30th and the weekend of July 14th. Any other weekend is fine as of now.
hmm, how about the weekend of July 7th, then?

:relie ved: Surgery is over... they got the cancer (and a gallbladder full of gallstones), and there was no metastasis (which does mean spreading to other parts of the body). He'll be in intensive care for a couple of days, but things look good.
well that's excellent news! isn't the survival rate for colon cancer caught early enough pretty high?

Bear Grylls! :whistle: It's so funny, I'm so related to my sister.. I looked through her yearbook and several people signed her yearbook with, "Dear [sisternsspense] Grylls,..." :lol: I didn't even know she watched the show!
I'm so glad surgery was successful, prime :h ug: :sm ooch: :r elieved:

If you guys don't mind, could you send up a prayer or two for my brother? The one in Iraq? Today (well, where he is) the 14th, is his birthday. He's away from everyone, has the flu, and it's 120 degrees :( He's been away for many days without contacting us because he was on missions, but now he's back at his base and feeling awful. Thank you :hug :
:lol:

that sucks..not a fun environment to be sick in, especially on one's birthday.

I wasn't speculating, but my apologies for disrupting the thread.

Hope everyone is doing well and having a good summer! Cheers! : )
personally, as one who was gone during whatever happened, the more information disseminated the better...info doesn't equal drama, in my mind...and it was good to see you post!

and, Happy Birthday, Linds!

ok, back to editing a chapter of one of the prof's books...5x5 would be so proud :smiley:

Do you use IE or Firefox? I've had many problems getting in here using Internet Explorer. It slows and just doesn't open sometimes. So... if that's your case I'd say Firefox is a lot better. I have no problems with it.
Nope, I was using Firefox! :blink: I even switched over to IE and that didn't work either. Very odd. 🤷 Nice to see you here too! :hug:

Thanks for the PM melohvader!

Oops, how am I missing posts? Must have not refreshed when I posted. Anyway, yeah, I have yours helen for sure. And those of us on facebook/myspace can always contact each other too, which is nice!

:hug: :smooch: drew! It's very good to see you!

So I gave a quiz today. Eek. I've been sitting here at my office reading their essay answers. Why do I assign written portions? They're not easy to grade! :lol:

Anywhoo, I'm gonna head home now. More work to be done! 👋

Heh, I got out of school early today. How convenient since its my bday.

Just :scootering: by...

🎂 :woot: 🎂 :happydance: 🎂

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, LINDS! :hug: :smooch:

Hope you have a wonderful day, and a year full of creativity, joy, and fun.

🎂 :happydance: 🎂 :woot: 🎂

ETA - Happy Birthday Linds - hope you have a good day :smiley: 🎂

🎂 🎸 :happydance:
Happy Birthday, Linds!!
Wishing you an awesome day and a wonderful new year. It's been great getting to know you!

:hug: :smooch:

Anywhoo...
🎂 :happydance: 🎂 :happydance: 🎂 :happydance: 🎂
Happy Birthday Linds!!!!
I hope you have the greatest day, filled with everything you love most!
:hug: :smooch:​

Happy Birthday Linds :smiley:

and, Happy Birthday, Linds!

ok, back to editing a chapter of one of the prof's books...5x5 would be so proud :smiley:

Aww, thanks everyone. It really means so much to me.

Today was an okay day. Just a class. We did group work and learned about schizophrenia. I kinda took charge in the group because I already knew a lot. I hope no one felt I was a know it all. But whatever. I don't care. I know stuff. I should share what I know.

Oy, my cat and dog are driving me insane! They are gonna spill my pop because of what they are doing. lol.

Drew said:
personally, as one who was gone during whatever happened, the more information disseminated the better...info doesn't equal drama, in my mind...and it was good to see you post!
Not to drudge on with this topic, but I agree with you. And Amy, you have my sympathies regarding your daughter and you regarding what happened.

And as for the email list, can't remember who mentioned it, but great idea! Just tell me who to PM and I'll give you guys my email.

Just gonna try and finish watching the end of the DVD I started a few nights ago, so I can post it back - had these two DVDs about 10 days now, I need to watch them quicker so I can get my money's worth from the rental programme! :doh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back