SD-1 Refugee Thread-The Sequel

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I've got some good news. :whistle: Harassment guy apologized to me today. :D

Happy birthday, linds!
🎸
Felíz Cumpliaños a ti
Felíz Cumpliaños a ti
Felíz Cumpliaños a Lindsey
Felíz Cumpliaños a ti (cha cha cha)!!!

🎸

So, I've got some good news. :whistle: Harassment guy apologized to me today. :D

Happy birthday, linds!
🎸
Felíz Cumpliaños a ti
Felíz Cumpliaños a ti
Felíz Cumpliaños a Lindsey
Felíz Cumpliaños a ti (cha cha cha)!!!

🎸

Aw, thanks. I learned that song in Spanish class back in high school. Well, it was a little different wording.

:hi:

:hug: HAPPY BIRTHDAY LINDS!!! :hug:

Today I had the first fully successful cooking experience :D....I made shrimp with a pepper, lemon and mustard wine sauce.. :love: gave it a seal of approval :yahoo:...I know all you who live on their own are laughing but :P...I am still pretty proud :nod:

and now I will just chill for a bit as my back tries to rest

Sorry about the bruha ha I created here, it's just that I usually only went to SD 1 for the fan fiction and was following many a great story over there, so I'm clueless about anything else that was happening with the board.

No need to apologize, rtms.

It's been a difficult and confusing situation... we've all been invested in SD-1--in different ways and different degrees--and I think we're all feeling the loss. I really hope everyone can find the peace they need.

I think I might have become a cool kid :(..my throat hurts and it is difficult to swallow :(

:love: went out to rent some DVDs (to celebrate that we finally finished furnishing this place and that I cooked for the first time without ruining something) and he will also get me some TheraFlu with him :love:

But ya know what one of my favorite things about AA is? The Alias quotes at the bottom. :inlove: The quote from Francie as she writes "the wedding is off" notes to her Aunt Stephanie... makes me want to pull my DVDs out! :smiley:

Anyway, just 🛴 by. I've been working on a lecture and I need to go walk the doggie here pretty soon. See ya in a while! :hi:

ETA: And it's wonderful to hear about your first successful, family meal in your first, furnished apartment together!! :w00t:

No need to apologize, rtms.

It's been a difficult and confusing situation... we've all been invested in SD-1--in different ways and different degrees--and I think we're all feeling the loss. I really hope everyone can find the peace they need.

:baa:

Ack, I'm soo hungry. I should go eat, shouldn't I. lol.

I've just finished up chapter 2 in my novel. How exciting. I miss having FW to discuss writing stuff though.

🎂 HAPPY BIRTHDAY LINDS! 🎂

My allergies are bugging me big time. :Pinch:

feels like my eyes are going to pop out of my eye socket, pounding headache, nose all stuffed up and so dry. (n)

What can I do for a dry nose? :thinking:

:hi:

:hug: HAPPY BIRTHDAY LINDS!!! :hug:

🎂 HAPPY BIRTHDAY LINDS! 🎂

My allergies are bugging me big time. :Pinch:

feels like my eyes are going to pop out of my eye socket, pounding headache, nose all stuffed up and so dry. (n)

What can I do for a dry nose? :thinking:

Thanks.

Not sure what you can do for a dry nose. I'm quite congested myself, but that's normal for me. Do you have a sinus headache? I've never had one so I don't know what it feels like but the fact that your eyes feel like they are gonna pop out of your socket makes me wonder if that's it, since your sinuses extend into that area (well not quite into the eye itself).

Your welcome :smiley:

It could be my sinuses :thinking: We do have a lot of cotton trees here in Montana and the wind is blowing the cotton off the trees and it's not helping any. I might dig out the sudafed. My ears are also hurting just a bit.

personally, as one who was gone during whatever happened, the more information disseminated the better...info doesn't equal drama, in my mind...and it was good to see you post!
I agree. Lack of information breeds confusion and intrigue. That's where the drama is really going to come from. A lot of people are honestly just confused and to tell them "Oh it's absolutely terrible, and we can't tell you anything about it," certainly isn't going to calm them down. Plus this is a pretty generically named thread. Anyone right now can be an SD-1 Refugee, not just Annoyers. The title just screams that this a place for anyone from SD-1 to come gather. So they do, but they would understandably like to know why they're refugees in the first place. I had someone tell me this thread seemed very cold, I know we don't want to be coming across like that. (n)

Sorry about the bruha ha I created here, it's just that I usually only went to SD 1 for the fan fiction and was following many a great story over there, so I'm clueless about anything else that was happening with the board.
You did nothing wrong. No matter what the answers might be, no one should have to feel bad about asking the questions. Heh, plus it's great to see ya. :D :eek:ldhi:

:eek:ldhi:

No catchup tonight. It's coming . . . probably tomorrow. Today was the longest day! I didn't get out of Court until 8:00! :Pinch:

I just wanted to pop in and say :eek:ldhi:!

Talula, great idea about the emails. You should have a pm from me. :smiley:

I also wanted to say:

:confetti: :hug: Happy Birthday, Linds! :hug: :confetti:

Today I had the first fully successful cooking experience :D....I made shrimp with a pepper, lemon and mustard wine sauce.. :love: gave it a seal of approval :yahoo:...I know all you who live on their own are laughing but :P...I am still pretty proud :nod:

Sounds excellent, Sally!

But ya know what one of my favorite things about AA is? The Alias quotes at the bottom. :inlove: The quote from Francie as she writes "the wedding is off" notes to her Aunt Stephanie... makes me want to pull my DVDs out! :smiley:

:baaa:

I never watched the DVD. Faffed around, then lay back on my bed and fell asleep :doh:.Now gotta get up and check everything's off, brush teeth etc and go to bed. To be up a bit earlier than normal to shower.

I so need a lie in :(

Night guys!

That sounds like a good weekend. :w00t
awesome! I'll double-check my syllabi and make sure I can do that weekend without having too much schoolwork to do

:hu g: : smooch: drew! It's very good to see you!
good to see you too :hug:

So I gave a quiz today. Eek. I've been sitting here at my office reading their essay answers. Why do I assign written portions? They're not easy to grade! :lol
:lol:

I agree. Lack of information breeds confusion and intrigue. That's where the drama is really going to come from. A lot of people are honestly just confused and to tell them "Oh it's absolutely terrible, and we can't tell you anything about it," certainly isn't going to calm them down. Plus this is a pretty generically named thread. Anyone right now can be an SD-1 Refugee, not just Annoyers. The title just screams that this a place for anyone from SD-1 to come gather. So they do, but they would understandably like to know why they're refugees in the first place. I had someone tell me this thread seemed very cold, I know we don't want to be coming across like that. (n)
that's a good point...I just think it's annoying, pardon the pun :P, not knowing anything and not being told anything by anyone, but whatever :lol:

I disagree. Who is the one who will give us all this supposed information? I think the drama is going to come from speculation, as many have pointed out, and it's bound to run rampant once someone says, "Well, I know this and this..." Yeah, let the games begin. :rolleyes:

No one has said, "Oh, it's absolutely terrible and we can't tell you anything about it." As has been suggested several times already, PMs are a perfect opportunity to talk about what's gone on.

Ooo, what is it?

I sent my two sims to college and I wanted them to join a sorority and when I sent them to the computer and I click to join and they seemed happy and then I will see them putting a cd in the computer and they will play a game, I'm not sure what's the deal with that, are you having any problems?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back