SD-1 Refugee Thread-The Sequel

Status
Not open for further replies.
:lol:
that's a good point...I just think it's annoying, pardon the pun :P, not knowing anything and not being told anything by anyone, but whatever :lol:
Heh, right, Annoyer should be an affectionate term, not our goal.

I disagree. Who is the one who will give us all this supposed information? I think the drama is going to come from speculation, as many have pointed out, and it's bound to run rampant once someone says, "Well, I know this and this..." Yeah, let the games begin. :rolleyes:

No one has said, "Oh, it's absolutely terrible and we can't tell you anything about it." As has been suggested several times already, PMs are a perfect opportunity to talk about what's gone on.
I'm not saying speculate. There's plenty of info anyone could know that could be shared with anyone who comes by. Shuffling off to PMs makes people feel bad that they've asked a taboo question. If that's what's been happening, it doesn't seem to be preventing people from feeling unwelcome or like they've done something wrong. 🤷

I sent my two sims to college and I wanted them to join a sorority and when I sent them to the computer and I click to join and they seemed happy and then I will see them putting a cd in the computer and they will play a game, I'm not sure what's the deal with that, are you having any problems?
Oh rats, University is something I don't play with very often. Do you have any downloads or hacks? Is it a custom computer? These are things that might cause you to get errors. Also, do you have the latest patch? They just came out with one this week.

I disagree. Who is the one who will give us all this supposed information? I think the drama is going to come from speculation, as many have pointed out, and it's bound to run rampant once someone says, "Well, I know this and this..." Yeah, let the games begin. :rolleyes
if no one knows anything, then why are we assuming it would be negative?

I'm not saying speculate. There's plenty of info anyone could know that could be shared with anyone who comes by. Shuffling off to PMs makes people feel bad that they've asked a taboo question. If that's what's been happening, it doesn't seem to be preventing people from feeling unwelcome or like they've done something wrong. 🤷
exactly, that's what I've felt today...personally I'm all for acknowledging the eight hundred pound gorilla, canary, elephant (take your pick of animals) in the room :lol:

Heh, right, Annoyer should be an affectionate term, not our goal.
Well, more than a couple of people have asked to keep it out of this thread, and that's what I'm trying to respect here. Feel free to begin a new one if that's what you want to do. I wasn't aware that PM'ing made anyone feel bad. 🤷

if no one knows anything, then why are we assuming it would be negative?
I didn't say that no one knows anything--I'm saying that people know bits and pieces, and nothing that's come of this has been positive.

Well, more than a couple of people have asked to keep it out of this thread, and that's what I'm trying to respect here. Feel free to begin a new one if that's what you want to do. I wasn't aware that PM'ing made anyone feel bad. 🤷
I didn't say that no one knows anything--I'm saying that people know bits and pieces, and nothing that's come of this has been positive.
Which I understand. But it's just difficult to expect that when you're going to have any and every "SD-1 Refugee" finding this thread. It just isn't named "Annoy Like the Wind, Keep Out if You Have Questions." But I suppose we could create another thread named SD-1 Refugees, Questions Welcome.

And hey, I'm more than happy to come up with a first hand account of the least speculatory nature that you've ever seen :lol: "For unknown reasons, at an unspecified minute after 8:30 PM EST Sunday night, an unknown party, using unknown means...." ;)

Which I understand. But it's just difficult to expect that when you're going to have any and every "SD-1 Refugee" finding this thread. It just isn't named "Annoy Like the Wind, Keep Out if You Have Questions." But I suppose we could create another thread named SD-1 Refugees, Questions Welcome.

And hey, I'm more than happy to come up with a first hand account of the least speculatory nature that you've ever seen :lol: "For unknown reasons, at an unspecified minute after 8:30 PM Sunday night,
an unknown party, using unknown means...." ;)
Mel, this thread was named "SD-1 Refugees" quite some time ago, when we--the Annoyers, mainly, and anyone else who came by--would hang out and post when SD-1 was down. It's been posted in this very thread that there's going to be an announcement in a couple of days. Anyone can come by and read that, and if they want to hang out and talk with us, because that's why this thread was started, well, they are more than welcome.

The rest of this, Mel? :rolleyes: Come on. You're just picking a fight, and I want no part of it.

Mel, this thread was named "SD-1 Refugees" quite some time ago, when we--the Annoyers, mainly, and anyone else who came by--would hang out and post when SD-1 was down. It's been posted in this very thread that there's going to be an announcement in a couple of days. Anyone can come by and read that, and if they want to hang out and talk with us, because that's why this thread was started, well, they are more than welcome.

The rest of this, Mel? :rolleyes: Come on. You're just picking a fight, and I want no part of it.
:lol: I'm just being honest as to why it keeps getting dragged in here and brought up. I know the thread title never brought about these problems before. Anyway, I agree another thread is probably a good idea. I was saying it's possible to explain without being negative and without speculating, and without making anyone feel like they were wrong to ask.

OK... I've never had to use the MamaPrime card, but I'm doing it now. :lol:

We have always been a welcoming, supportive, peaceful, affectionate bunch of people. If someone has asked us to do something, we have done so out of friendship and respect. I've been so proud of who we are. We have been asked not to talk about the SD-1 shut-down here. Let's respect those who have asked.

We are an extremely intelligent bunch of people. It can be deduced that those most in the know are the ones most affected. If you're not in the know, well... you're not going through what a lot of people are. If those people want to share, that's their prerogative.

I would almost never say what I'm about to say... it's not me. But I've been so frightened this week with the thought that I could lose my father. There's perspective.

If we seem unwelcoming, I hope people will understand that we've lost a place that's become a home-away-from-home for many of us. We're adjusting. I'm a little lost without SD-1 with my morning coffee.

Anyway...

*breathes*

I've walked into a battleground.

And I don't want to drudge up the issues, but now the issue isn't even about what happened. There are new issues and the can has been opened and are we supposed to just sweep everything under the rug because some people don't get along and are now turning an issue that has hurt people and upset people into a firing ground against certain people. I understand both sides. But we are all assuming that hurtful things were said to Mel in this SD-1 thing. Obviously non of you have actually read the unmasked website. Well, hurtful things were said to her. Awful things were said about her. And awful things were said about Amy and her daughter. And if we forget that for a second and come back to this thread. There is a 800 pound elephant in the room that is having a very significant impact on all of us, and well, we are being asked not to talk about it. But what if SD-1 doesn't come back? Can't we discuss what to do next? Now I know I am new to the group and so is Mel, but we aren't the only ones that don't want to ignore this 800 pound elephant. Read Drew's posts (not to bring you into this. I don't even want to bring myself into it). And other people were asking that are annoyers. It just bothers me that 1) we are forgetting that hurtful things were said to Mel in the SD-1 thing 2) we are turning this thread into a battle ground because we don't agree with each other (not because we don't want to talk about it. Talking about it [without speculating. we can talk in logical factual ways, including what to do if it doesn't come back] doesn't mean arguing. We could have a calm discussion. Its possible We could even spoiler tag those parts. But no, we choose to fight]) Anyways, that was my really big ramble. I apologize it wasn't more succinct but I was writing what I felt as I felt it.

And Prime, I am very sorry about your father, and I understand that there are things more important than this. I don't want to demean or minimize that fact because I know things are very hard for you. And lots of more important things are going on for other people too. I myself have had many brushes with death and at this point I am willing to just move on because there are bigger things, more important things. But that doesn't mean we should just ignore all the minor issues, or the big but not life threatening issues.

Anyways, I hope I did not offend anyone with my post and I don't mean to bring up this again. But people are getting very fired up and I think at this point, I just need to say this.

Okay, my two cents before I go to bed : I don't really care what happened because there are more important things in life than a message board. Granted, some people do not see it that way and they feel like they have lost alot with Sd-1, but, honestly, there are other things in life. We're all here, aren't we? We're all healthy, aren't we? None of us have died (or so I hope), only the board has. Again, I wish that I knew how to contact some of the people who don't have an SN anywhere else, but seeing as I can't change that, I'll keep on keeping on, because that's what we do, we keep living. People have asked that this is not brought up, and to them I am very sorry for adding my opinion. I promise to not join in this discussion again, it really is no benefit to me or anyone else. If its not good for you, why do it? Drama is drama is drama and I've learned the hard way that once you've started, its that much harder to get away. So before I get caught up in the crossfire or fire another shot, I'm going to say that I don't give a damn about why the board went down. Granted, I'm a bit curious, but sometimes the best ideas are the ones that play off facts, not curiosity. Curiosity is like playing with fire because it leads to bigger things, like speculation and fighting, all of which I get enough in real life. This is suppose to be my escape from my mostly disastrous life and its turned into more of the same drama. I hate that wishes can't be at least honored (again, I am truly sorry) and that some people are just looking for a fight. Just leave it alone and maybe you'll find your answers by being passive, like a spy, asking questions of individuals rather than the group, but, personally, I would rather not ask any questions and just live because what use is life if its only more of the same drama? Now, I'm going to sleep and I hope that when I check my mail after work and bailing hay that all this talk of what is going on will cease, because, really, its none of our business anyway.

As a displaced sd-1 member, I was so happy to find this thread and hope it's okay to come in and say hello. :smiley:

prime, my heart goes out to you and your father. You sound like a wonderful, dedicated daughter. My mom went through cancer three times and know what a trying experience it is for the whole family. :hug:

No, Lindsey, you didn't offend me. I appreciate that you spoke your mind.

I posted because I don't want this to become a battleground. I don't think anyone does, and I think we're trying really hard to get through this as best we can.

Can we, perhaps, address specific things, rather than asking the too-encompassing "What happened?" Individual concerns will be easier to address, I think. Like you, Lindsey, want to know where we go from here. What are people's thoughts on that? I'm glad we have AA until we can figure something(s) out.

I didn't mean to use my father to belittle anyone's feelings, and I'm sorry if it came across that way.

I feel terrible for everyone who was hurt, I really, really do.

I did it again :rolleyes: I keep refreshing the last page and I'm like, "Okay, where is the next page?" After refreshing 6 times and I realized there were a new page. :rolleyes:

Just watching The Wonder Years. I haven't seen that show in ages. :blink:

If some of us have aim, yahoo messenger we can keep contact that way. I have both. I really don't know what happened. I don't believe I was hurt by any of it. I'm just sitting in my chair being good. :blush: Ya, I'm glad there is AA, too.

feels like my eyes are going to pop out of my eye socket, pounding headache, nose all stuffed up and so dry. :down :

What can I do for a dry nose? :uns ure:
:console: kat

When my nose gets like that, I put Neosporin or another kind of ointment in it. I don't know if that's technically the right thing to do, but that's just what I do. :lol:

Talula, great idea about the emails. You should have a pm from me.
And I do! ^_^ Thank you everyone for PMing your emails. :nod:

I so need a lie in :(
:hug: :smooch: Good thing tomorrow is Friday!!

good to see you too :hug:
:lol:
:hug: I tried to throw a sheep at you today on facebook but it wasn't taking. That's my favorite SuperPoke - throwing a sheep. :rotfl: But all those new toys they've got are sooooo wonky!! Did you know I watched all of Heroes? :w00t:

I had someone tell me this thread seemed very cold, I know we don't want to be coming across like that. (n)
:( That is really unfortunate and makes me sad. I know that everyone who has traditionally posted in this thread will absolutely agree that we do NOT mean to come off cold, by any means. We have had... "drama," for lack of a better term, find its way into our thread at sd-1 before and a majority of us had no real idea what was going on those other times. The way I see it, we just don't want anyone to associate this group of individuals with trouble or gossip or, excuse my French, felgercarb talking. Maybe that's naive or rude to think that we aren't really a part of the larger online-Alias group... Maybe we shouldn't care who might be offended because many of us DO absolutely realize that people we care about have been hurt... but at the same time... we really just want a place to spend time with the people we have grown to love and care about and KNOW inside and out throughout the last several years. We've spent alot of time and energy creating and maintaining a space for ourselves and we need to be careful that we don't lose that entirely.

And everyone who is missing sd-1 right now is absolutely, without question welcome here.

When my nose gets like that, I put Neosporin or another kind of ointment in it. I don't know if that's technically the right thing to do, but that's just what I do.

Okay, I do have that ointment

My cat just took my chair and now she's all acting :angelic:.

My dad tried to saw his thumb off. :Pinch: If he went further he would have lost his thumbnail. So, he had to get a shot in the arm and he said, "It hurt" they also had to draw blood out on his other arm and the band aids were bugs bunny on both arms. :lol:

I did it again :rolleyes: I keep refreshing the last page and I'm like, "Okay, where is the next page?" After refreshing 6 times and I realized there were a new page. :rolleyes:

Just watching The Wonder Years. I haven't seen that show in ages. :blink:

If some of us have aim, yahoo messenger we can keep contact that way. I have both. I really don't know what happened. I don't believe I was hurt by any of it. I'm just sitting in my chair being good. :blush: Ya, I'm glad there is AA, too.

I only use MSNM

I've got to go open birthday presents now :smiley: I think there is cheesecake too! :woot:

eta: Hmm, I don't know the code for the woot smilie.

Okay, I do have that ointment

My cat just took my chair and now she's all acting :angelic:.

My dad tried to saw his thumb off. :Pinch: If he went further he would have lost his thumbnail. So, he had to get a shot in the arm and he said, "It hurt" they also had to draw blood out on his other arm and the band aids were bugs bunny on both arms. :lol:
ouchies. I hope your father is okay

prime said:
Like you, Lindsey, want to know where we go from here. What are people's thoughts on that? I'm glad we have AA until we can figure something(s) out.

I'm willing to host another forum if SD-1 doesn't come back. I've got room on my webspace.

As a displaced sd-1 member, I was so happy to find this thread and hope it's okay to come in and say hello. :smiley:

prime, my heart goes out to you and your father. You sound like a wonderful, dedicated daughter. My mom went through cancer three times and know what a trying experience it is for the whole family. :hug:

Certainly! :eek:ldhi:

Thank you... my dad is a pretty exceptional guy. I'm sorry for what your family's gone through... :console:

JSF, a big :hug: for you. Sleep tight.

*breathes*

I've walked into a battleground.

And I don't want to drudge up the issues, but now the issue isn't even about what happened. There are new issues and the can has been opened and are we supposed to just sweep everything under the rug because some people don't get along and are now turning an issue that has hurt people and upset people into a firing ground against certain people. I understand both sides. But we are all assuming that hurtful things were said to Mel in this SD-1 thing. Obviously non of you have actually read the unmasked website. Well, hurtful things were said to her. Awful things were said about her. And awful things were said about Amy and her daughter. And if we forget that for a second and come back to this thread. There is a 800 pound elephant in the room that is having a very significant impact on all of us, and well, we are being asked not to talk about it. But what if SD-1 doesn't come back? Can't we discuss what to do next? Now I know I am new to the group and so is Mel, but we aren't the only ones that don't want to ignore this 800 pound elephant. Read Drew's posts (not to bring you into this. I don't even want to bring myself into it). And other people were asking that are annoyers. It just bothers me that 1) we are forgetting that hurtful things were said to Mel in the SD-1 thing 2) we are turning this thread into a battle ground because we don't agree with each other (not because we don't want to talk about it. Talking about it [without speculating. we can talk in logical factual ways, including what to do if it doesn't come back] doesn't mean arguing. We could have a calm discussion. Its possible We could even spoiler tag those parts. But no, we choose to fight]) Anyways, that was my really big ramble. I apologize it wasn't more succinct but I was writing what I felt as I felt it.

And Prime, I am very sorry about your father, and I understand that there are things more important than this. I don't want to demean or minimize that fact because I know things are very hard for you. And lots of more important things are going on for other people too. I myself have had many brushes with death and at this point I am willing to just move on because there are bigger things, more important things. But that doesn't mean we should just ignore all the minor issues, or the big but not life threatening issues.

Anyways, I hope I did not offend anyone with my post and I don't mean to bring up this again. But people are getting very fired up and I think at this point, I just need to say this.
Av, I don't feel that you've walked into any battleground. There were, as you said, many people hurt in all this, and not just Mel. I read the board--I saw what was posted. And I know for a fact that there are people who were discussed who are not really up for reliving the hurt again through speculation and bitching about who said what.

NO ONE has asked that things be swept under any rug. There will be an announcement in a few days, and I think that once that is out, we can figure out where we go from there. I'm not asking for anyone to ignore anyone else's hurt. I saw, okay? I know what was said, and there was a lot of horrible felgercarb said for all to see. I've forgotten nothing, believe me. But where we are, right now, is in the midst of a whole lot of "This is what I read..." type of stuff, and that, to me, will not be constructive to, well, anything.

Welcome, ivana_derevko! This is what I mean--of course it's okay to come in and say hello! :D It's good to meet you--please come on back and tell us about you!

I posted because I don't want this to become a battleground. I don't think anyone does, and I think we're trying really hard to get through this as best we can.

Can we, perhaps, address specific things, rather than asking the too-encompassing "What happened?" Individual concerns will be easier to address, I think. Like you, Lindsey, want to know where we go from here. What are people's thoughts on that? I'm glad we have AA until we can figure something(s) out.

I didn't mean to use my father to belittle anyone's feelings, and I'm sorry if it came across that way.

I feel terrible for everyone who was hurt, I really, really do.
Again, my prime :love:, I thank you for being such a calm, reasoned voice--I really appreciate it. :smooch: :smooch:

I think this is a good place to start. (y)

No, I don't think you did at all. Perspective, as you said. It's something we could all use a little of at this point.

:baaa:

: ( That is really unfortunate and makes me sad. I know that everyone who has traditionally posted in this thread will absolutely agree that we do NOT mean to come off cold, by any means. We have had... "drama," for lack of a better term, find its way into our thread at sd-1 before and a majority of us had no real idea what was going on those other times. The way I see it, we just don't want anyone to associate this group of individuals with trouble or gossip or, excuse my French, felgercarb talking. Maybe that's naive or rude to think that we aren't really a part of the larger online-Alias group... Maybe we shouldn't care who might be offended because many of us DO absolutely realize that people we care about have been hurt... but at the same time... we really just want a place to spend time with the people we have grown to love and care about and KNOW inside and out throughout the last several years. We've spent alot of time and energy creating and maintaining a space for ourselves and we need to be careful that we don't lose that entirely.

And everyone who is missing sd-1 right now is absolutely, without question welcome here.
Oh, talula! :hug: :smooch: Yes, exactly.

:( That is really unfortunate and makes me sad. I know that everyone who has traditionally posted in this thread will absolutely agree that we do NOT mean to come off cold, by any means. We have had... "drama," for lack of a better term, find its way into our thread at sd-1 before and a majority of us had no real idea what was going on those other times. The way I see it, we just don't want anyone to associate this group of individuals with trouble or gossip or, excuse my French, felgercarb talking. Maybe that's naive or rude to think that we aren't really a part of the larger online-Alias group... Maybe we shouldn't care who might be offended because many of us DO absolutely realize that people we care about have been hurt... but at the same time... we really just want a place to spend time with the people we have grown to love and care about and KNOW inside and out throughout the last several years. We've spent alot of time and energy creating and maintaining a space for ourselves and we need to be careful that we don't lose that entirely.

Big :baa: to the bolded... :hug:

And another :baa:.

Oh, Kat... owie. :Pinch: I hope both you and your dad both feel better.

:woot: for cheesecake and presents, Lindsey! :smiley:reallyexcited : )

Welcome, ivana_derevko! This is what I mean--of course it's okay to come in and say hello! :D It's good to meet you--please come on back and tell us about you!

Oh, talula! :hug: :smooch: Yes, exactly.
:baaa: Yes, ivana! :lol: I like your screenname!

^_^ (y) (Oh the creepy hand again! :lol:smiley:

Oh man, Reggie'sMomma, my best friend, cut bangs today! After like 15 years... I'm scared to do it, but I want to. They look great. I literally walked up to my friends table at dinner tonight and just thought some guy I hadn't met yet had brought his girlfriend. Except it was her!!! :lol:

ETA: :woot: Oh that's right! I'm so glad I know that code again. Anyway, linds, you must report back to us on your present-opening!! :woot:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back