SD-1 Refugee Thread-The Sequel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kat, if you still need any more Sims help, you'll have to PM me.

You know how I said I was okay?

I take it back.

I'm getting out of here and probably won't return.

I just endured 6 months of being treated "like this". Of being told my feelings were wrong or ridiculous or being beaten into a corner anytime I dared bring the up the unfairness I or anyone else was experiencing. Thought that was finally over only to have it happen here. The emotions of the people who were hurt and don't want to talk about it should be just as important as the emotions of the people who DO. Where is the "support" that's supposedly in here for them? Do I want to give a play by play of what was said about me or anyone else? Nope. I don't use that kind of language. But do I want to be able to say yes, things were said? Yeah, I kinda do.

In the end, you ought to realize no matter what people are hurting about, being told they can't openly talk about it, just hurts them more. Being told you're shouldn't openly share the things that cause you concern or distress, can be just as bad as the concern or distress itself. And even just being told to hide it away and not to do it in public can make the injured party feel like they're a guilty one.

What was said ABOUT me doesn't hurt me. I couldn't care less what those people thought about me. But that people apparently don't care what was said, or the people who do care shouldn't be freely told in any place they choose to ask, now THAT's hurtful. And I'm certainly not going to wait on the "announcement" of the people who hate me to decide on what timetable I get to have feelings. Now that's ridiculous.

I am definitely done in here.

These spoiler tags hate me! Oh poo. I had something to say and it got eaten alive. Okay, I'll try and say it again.

Mel

baaaaa to your post. It was very powerful and well said. I'm sorry that you were hurt, that you don't feel welcome, and everything else. This wont be goodbye for us. You're welcome at my places always. If you ever want to talk, you know where to find me.
:hug: :console: :telepath: :love:

eta: I've got to get to bed. goodnight people

Mel, I'm so sorry that you're feeling so badly right now. I don't know of everything that happened or was said but it is absolutely understandable that you are upset. I don't think anyone here actually intends to silence or censor you - I know that I personally didn't realize how strongly you feel about wanting to get your voice and your perspective heard. I hope that you'll reconsider never coming back here. I really don't want that and would be sad to see that happen. It's very hard to know what else to say right now. Everyone has different knowledges of what has happened and everyone has different opinions about how to deal with it. I really have no idea what else I can say at this point because I have no idea what to think about anything.

Except that I have to go to bed now. :(

Man alive, I'm kind of glad I missed everything which happened while I was sleeping :(

I could give my thoughts but I'm at work and I'm not sure I really want to get into it anyway. It's one thing to talk about what's going on, but it would pretty much be "he said, she said" right now.

I don't want to belittle the hurt people felt on seeing those unmasked posts, at all. But I didn't see them, so I'm unwilling to join on any bandwagon (for want of a better word). I'll treat people according to the facts I know and my own experiences with them, not second hand accounts or rumours.

I know how it feels to feel like you've been treated badly or singled out for nasty comments or passive-aggressive treatment. I left another board twice temporarily because of it, and finally left it altogether. I've kept the things which made it fun for me though - the people I was close to on the site. I read their Blogs/Blurties, and we still meet up. So I'm sorry if anyone feels they've gotten to the point where they feel it necessary to leave.

It's been a bad couple of days for the t'internet, huh? :(

But I don't think things are black and white, there's definitely grey.

:hi: to Christin! :hug:

:hi: grassyass :smiley:

Hi Im Immy from sd-1.
Im crazy and wacky, and just thought i would say hello.
Im in the final year of my degree one more semester to go, and i work five jobs and watch bizarre BBC shows !!!
So anyway HELLO and I have cold feet must find socks.....

:rotfl: Immy - I hope you don't have cold feet anymore! And good luck with the studying - trust me, it will get busy and stressful, but (and this is the important bit)... just keep slogging away, because you'll have all the time in the world to chill out after, and it will be SO worth it!

(and also - never, seriously, never! will your bedroom NEED to be cleaned, the washing up UNABLE to wait, etc, as when you have to study for finals :lol:. It's a well documented fact :nod:smiley:

And I like your sig :lol:. Blackadder was classic (season 1 notwithstanding, that was a bit wet).

Guys - I just bought an iPod! :woot:. Yes, I've become a PodPerson :doh:. And, I might be selling my old Creative Zen Micro to a work friend.

I'd been thinking about things said in this thread and getting a bit down, but the iPod has cheered me up :lol:. Plus, reminding myself that there are plenty of things to struggle with in Real Life, that it's silly for me to let the internet add to that. Especially when I've only been peripherally involved/affected. I'll go back to my philosophy before - if I like someone, I will like them until evidence suggests I revise that. If I dislike someone or am not so fussed - well then that's as it is, and when I encounter them I'll be polite, but seriously, it's easy enough for me to avoid/not read posts they make.

So perky Helen now resumed. Hope everyone's having a wonderful Friday afternoon, we're now (well in my timezone :lol:smiley: on the downhill that is Friday afternoon, and that means closer to the WEEKEND :woot:

:hug: to everyone :D

(ETA - before anyone thinks it's an "I'm allright Jack, who cares if you're not" post - 1) you should know that's not me, 2) it's not, honestly and 3) I was in a bubbly, post-large-spend mood and thought that if I left a little of that happiness in here, it might make people smile. Plus, it helped me to work out how I felt, given the last few days)

Again, leaving :hug:, because you can never have enough :hug:. Ooh - has anyone told Tredder? Does she know about here? :thinking:

Kat, if you still need any more Sims help, you'll have to PM me.

You know how I said I was okay?

I take it back.

I'm getting out of here and probably won't return.

I just endured 6 months of being treated "like this". Of being told my feelings were wrong or ridiculous or being beaten into a corner anytime I dared bring the up the unfairness I or anyone else was experiencing. Thought that was finally over only to have it happen here. The emotions of the people who were hurt and don't want to talk about it should be just as important as the emotions of the people who DO. Where is the "support" that's supposedly in here for them? Do I want to give a play by play of what was said about me or anyone else? Nope. I don't use that kind of language. But do I want to be able to say yes, things were said? Yeah, I kinda do.

In the end, you ought to realize no matter what people are hurting about, being told they can't openly talk about it, just hurts them more. Being told you're shouldn't openly share the things that cause you concern or distress, can be just as bad as the concern or distress itself. And even just being told to hide it away and not to do it in public can make the injured party feel like they're a guilty one.

What was said ABOUT me doesn't hurt me. I couldn't care less what those people thought about me. But that people apparently don't care what was said, or the people who do care shouldn't be freely told in any place they choose to ask, now THAT's hurtful. And I'm certainly not going to wait on the "announcement" of the people who hate me to decide on what timetable I get to have feelings. Now that's ridiculous.

I am definitely done in here.
Mel, I'm sincerely sorry that your feelings are hurt, but I take exception to many of the things you've said here. No one has said your feelings were wrong or ridiculous. I think everyone who has posted on this topic has told you that they're sorry you were so hurt, and I know that everyone, me included, stands by that. I guess I'm not really sure what kind of support you're looking for.

Last night, my prime :love: made a very smart request--she asked that we address specifics. I've not seen one brought up by anybody. If you care to discuss something specifically, then by all means, go right ahead. It's much better than this amorphous blob we have right now.

We already know that things were said, and if anyone didn't, well, last night certainly made that clear. You said you don't want to give a play-by-play. What, then, would you like to talk about, if we're not going to discuss content? I'm very sorry that so many horrible and untrue things were said about you, and even if you say it hasn't hurt you, it's very obvious these things have. :(

As for not discussing this openly, please don't slam a censorship label on me. There were several requests in the thread to not discuss this. I was merely asking everyone to honor that. You haven't, and you're obviously very angry about the request in the first place. But this isn't all about you. You were one of many who were hurt.

I am a very direct and straightforward person, and if I don't agree with you, I will tell you so, and I will tell you why. I am but one member of the group here, not the police of the entire thread.

awesome! I'll double-check my syllabi and make sure I can do that weekend without having too much schoolwork to do
If that weekend doesn't work for you, I'm here until the first of September for sure. If I get a job in the area, then, I'll be around longer.

What an evening I missed. I was driving across two states and missed about two states worth of posts and emotions. I read the Unmasked site and I'm just doing as my friends requested to not talk about it in the thread. Corresponding in PMs doesn't make me feel wrong or slighted in any way. Personally, I'd prefer not to discuss it in the thread, too. I come here to visit with my friends. I'm thankful we have All Alias to keep in touch when SD-1 is gone.

Really, I don't have anything to say that hasn't already been said on the subject. So, now I'll go on to what I really wanted to do in the first place.

You know what I wanted to talk about when I got here this morning? I wanted to talk about how I saw a Prime truck when I was so tired of driving. It gave me strength to press on. :lovely: It made me think of how wonderful it is to always have such great friends with you wherever you go, to be reminded of them as you're driving four hours down a lonely stretch of highway.

I wanted to discuss how sick my dog is and how horribly thin he is. How I cried for fifteen minutes on seeing him because he looks so thin and awful. While brushing him last night, I could feel every bone in his body. Every rib... :( MelohDad swears he's been feeding him and there's evidence of such feeding. But something is not right. He's wormy or sick or something.

All that I wanted to say seems so worthless among all the goings-on of last night.

ETA: I also wanted to say that, yesterday, I taught Jessica how to spell the numbers one through ten. And at the end of the day, she actually could spell every single one. It was such a great moment --- the look on her mother's face as she rattled off the spellings. :lovely:

Oh, yeah. Happy Friday, everyone.

You know what I wanted to talk about when I got here this morning? I wanted to talk about how I saw a Prime truck when I was so tired of driving. It gave me strength to press on. :lovely: It made me think of how wonderful it is to always have such great friends with you wherever you go, to be reminded of them as you're driving four hours down a lonely stretch of highway.

I wanted to discuss how sick my dog is and how horribly thin he is. How I cried for fifteen minutes on seeing him because he looks so thin and awful. While brushing him last night, I could feel every bone in his body. Every rib... :( MelohDad swears he's been feeding him and there's evidence of such feeding. But something is not right. He's wormy or sick or something.

All that I wanted to say seems so worthless among all the goings-on of last night.
Aww, meloh, I'm so sorry. :hug: :smooch: Nothing you have to say is worthless! I'm so sorry about your dog--I know how awful that is. :( :console:

And of course Prime trucks are important! You've brought up something really important, actually, and something that seems to be getting a little lost in here. The friendships we've built are a lasting thing, no matter where we end up posting. And that's kind of wonderful. ^_^

Oh Meloh (I hope you don't mind me shortening your name as I've seen others do), I don't think it was worthless. I'm very sorry your dog is so sick. It's horrible when pets get sick, because there ususally isn't anything we can do for them. :hug:

Aww, meloh, I'm so sorry. :hug: :smooch: Nothing you have to say is worthless! I'm so sorry about your dog--I know how awful that is. :( :console:

And of course Prime trucks are important! You've brought up something really important, actually, and something that seems to be getting a little lost in here. The friendships we've built are a lasting thing, no matter where we end up posting. And that's kind of wonderful. ^_^

Thank you, 5x5. :hug: I just kept telling him how sorry I was for leaving him. For some reason, I feel as though I did this to him, even though I realize that that is not necessarily true. :( Seeing him so thin and gaunt reminded me of the last time I saw my grandfather before he passed away from lung cancer.

I was so excited to see that Prime truck! It made me feel so special because, even though she's had a crazy week, she's still out there keeping an eye on all of us. :lovely: The friendships we've built are so wonderful. I wouldn't trade them for all the money in the world.

Oh Meloh, I don't think it was worthless. I'm very sorry your dog is so sick. It's horrible when pets get sick, because there ususally isn't anything we can do for them. :hug:
Thanks, Agent_Tippin. On further reflection, I know that my comments aren't worthless. I just feel worthless in general because of my dog being ill, I think. Oh, I don't know.

:eek:ldhi:

I think that feeling is probably one that is felt by most who unfortunately have a pet in the same situation. Just know you aren't worthless to him. I'm sure you brought him tremendous joy.

Whenever I would go home and visit my parents, my dog Blackie was always so happy to see me. They had to put him down a few years ago, about a week before I was scheduled to go home for a visit. It killed my mom to have to tell me that I wouldn't get a chance to say goodbye. :cry:

:eek:ldhi:

I missed a lot last night! I really don't have much to say that hasn't already been said, but I just want to say how thankful I am for all of the friendships I have made over the years. Like Miss Meloh said, I wouldn't trade those for all the money in the world. You guys have been there for me through a lot and I am forever grateful. :hug:

5x5! It's sooooooooo good to see you posting more! I've missed you so much. When things settle down for you work wise, if you're up for a phone call just let me know... ;) :hug: :smooch:

Meloh, I am so sorry about MelohDog. :console: I have recently gone through that with my sister's dog and it's a hard place to be. Please know that, like Agent_Tippin said, you are not worthless to him... or to any of us, either! :hug: :smooch:

Talula, I am all for going to the Hamptons with you! :lol: I mean, just think of who we could find! :lol:

Lots of continued :telepath: and 🙏 for Prime, her father, and her family. I've been thinking about you guys a lot lately. :hug:

Linds, I hope you had a very happy birthday!! It sounds like you got some great gifts! :woot:

I'm sure I had more, but I kind of forgot. :bag: It'll come back to me...

I think that feeling is probably one that is felt by most who unfortunately have a pet in the same situation. Just know you aren't worthless to him. I'm sure you brought him tremendous joy.

Whenever I would go home and visit my parents, my dog Blackie was always so happy to see me. They had to put him down a few years ago, about a week before I was scheduled to go home for a visit. It killed my mom to have to tell me that I wouldn't get a chance to say goodbye. :cry:
You're probably right. And I hope seeing me made him happy. :hopeful:

I'm sorry to hear about Blackie's passing. :( I've had several dogs in my life and it is always so painful to lose them. I'm sorry you didn't get a chance to say goodbye. :console:

And thank you, Lucky. :hug:

Thanks meloh. :hug:

See, these posta are the Annoyers I used to stalk over at that other place...:rolleyes:

:teehee:

darnit, AA does't have my favorite smiley....

Guess this will do 😆

;)

Wow, y'all have made me feel at home already! :hug: It's wonderful to meet everyone.

Thank you... my dad is a pretty exceptional guy. I'm sorry for what your family's gone through... :console:
:eek:ldhi: Thank you for the hello! prime, you're fortunate to have each other. My mom and dad are both gone now, but I remember how those struggles brought us together in a way the good times never could. :hug:

Welcome, ivana_derevko! This is what I mean--of course it's okay to come in and say hello! :D It's good to meet you--please come on back and tell us about you!
Hi and thanks, 5x5! It's nice to meet you, too. About me...hm. My name is Vana. I'm a single mom with four kids, two of whom have special needs, so my life is both blessed and busy. I work several jobs, but mainly I teach piano and voice and run a music enrichment program for kids which I founded. Writing is my refuge, and a passion I am lucky enough to share with my older daughter. Okay, enough about me. I look forward to getting to know y'all, too! :smiley:

Yes, ivana! :lol: I like your screenname!
Hey talula! Thanks - I like your screenname, too! ^_^

melohdramatic - I'm so sorry to hear about your beloved dog. :( :console:

Hope I didn't miss anybody. Thanks again for the kind welcome. :smiley:

I missed this post before. I'm so sorry about Blackie's passing and that you didn't get the chance to say goodbye. :( When my sister's dog, who was like my niece since my sister and her husband are unable to have kids right now, had to be put down a couple of months ago, I didn't get to say goodbye either so I know what that feels like. :console:

Hi ivana_derevko! :hug: I'm Lucky.... a college student who is completely obsessed with all things celebrity and pop culture related. Yeah, that pretty much sums me up! :lol: Nice to meet you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back