SD-1 Refugee Thread-The Sequel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Im Immy from sd-1.
Im crazy and wacky, and just thought i would say hello.
Im in the final year of my degree one more semester to go, and i work five jobs and watch bizarre BBC shows !!!
So anyway HELLO and I have cold feet must find socks.....

Immy!

I wanted to discuss how sick my dog is and how horribly thin he is. How I cried for fifteen minutes on seeing him because he looks so thin and awful. While brushing him last night, I could feel every bone in his body. Every rib... :( MelohDad swears he's been feeding him and there's evidence of such feeding. But something is not right. He's wormy or sick or something.

All that I wanted to say seems so worthless among all the goings-on of last night.

ETA: I also wanted to say that, yesterday, I taught Jessica how to spell the numbers one through ten. And at the end of the day, she actually could spell every single one. It was such a great moment --- the look on her mother's face as she rattled off the spellings. :lovely:

Oh, yeah. Happy Friday, everyone.
I'm sorry to hear about your dog :console: :hug:

Linds, I hope you had a very happy birthday!! It sounds like you got some great gifts! :woot:

melohdramatic - I'm so sorry to hear about your beloved dog. :( :console:
Thank you, Vana. :hug: It's nice to meet you. I'm Meloh and I'm a recent college graduate in search of a great adventurous future! :lol: Right now, I'm spending the summer babysitting my 6-year-old cousin and searching for jobs in a state that is not my home. :eek:ldhi:

Sally! I wanted to say that I loved hearing about your meal and your lovely evening! :hug: I can't believe you're married and clear across country from where I'm used to you being! :lol:

And thank you, Linds. :hug: I'm glad your mom was nice for your birthday. And yay for presents and cheesecake! :w00t:

I was so excited to see that Prime truck! It made me feel so special because, even though she's had a crazy week, she's still out there keeping an eye on all of us. :lovely: The friendships we've built are so wonderful. I wouldn't trade them for all the money in the world.
You are so special... :hug: :smooch: And I'm glad my trucks are there to let you know I am keeping an eye on you always. I wish I could send Prime trucks all over! :lol: Lots of :telepath: for MelohDog.

It's good to see you, Lucky! :hug: :smooch: Thank you for your thoughts and prayers and love.

Hey... it's Nsspense's sister's graduation day! :woot: Congratulations to her! And continued :telepath: and prayers for Nsspense's brother.

Elaine, happy Friday to you! :hug:

Yikes... it's taken forever to get this written. :o_O: I have no idea who's here... :eek:ldhi:

A big :smooch: :smooch: for my 5x5 :love:, whose straightforwardness is one of the things I love best about her. :love:

Sally! I wanted to say that I loved hearing about your meal and your lovely evening! :hug: I can't believe you're married and clear across country from where I'm used to you being! :lol:

:doh: I knew I was forgetting something! :woot: for cooking your meal, Sally! That's waaaaay better than I can do... I'm still working on that whole cooking thing. It's overrated. :lol: I hope you get to feeling better as well... :smooch: :hug:

Hi ivana_derevko! :hug: I'm Lucky.... a college student who is completely obsessed with all things celebrity and pop culture related. Yeah, that pretty much sums me up! :lol: Nice to meet you!
Hey Lucky! :hug: Great to meet you, too! What are you studying? Pop culture rocks!

Thank you, Vana. :hug: It's nice to meet you. I'm Meloh and I'm a recent college graduate in search of a great adventurous future! :lol: Right now, I'm spending the summer babysitting my 6-year-old cousin and searching for jobs in a state that is not my home. :eek:ldhi:
Very nice to meet you, Meloh! :hug: Congrats on graduating! We have something in common with the out-of-state job searching - what a challenge, eh? Six-year old are so chatty and fun! :D

Mel, you may not read this because I don't think you are coming back, but I've got to say it anyways. This is the last thing I am going to say on the issue. Mel, I understand why you are not coming back and I don't blame you. Its quite understandable. And with new posts coming up, I continue to understand your decision more and more. Maybe I'll see you in Groupies or somewhere. You're always welcome in my threads.

You are so special... :hug: :smooch: And I'm glad my trucks are there to let you know I am keeping an eye on you always. I wish I could send Prime trucks all over! :lol: Lots of :telepath: for MelohDog.

Hey... it's Nsspense's sister's graduation day! :woot: Congratulations to her! And continued :telepath: and prayers for Nsspense's brother.
Thank you. :blush: I wish everyone could have the joy of seeing a Prime truck. :lovely: Thank you. :hug: :smooch:

Hey, you're right! Hooray! Congrats, SisterNsspense! :w00t: I hope her brother is feeling better. :telepath:

Very nice to meet you, Meloh! :hug: Congrats on graduating! We have something in common with the out-of-state job searching - what a challenge, eh? Six-year old are so chatty and fun! :D
Thanks, Vana! :hug: And the out-of-state job searching is so weird! But I'm trying. Jess is oh so very chatty and we usually have a lot of fun. (y) She's something else, that's for sure. :lol:

I wish I knew what to say, Lindsey. :( I'm sorry.

I've got to get some work done, but before I go... Vana, I'm really looking forward to getting to know you more!

:hi:

Hey Lucky! :hug: Great to meet you, too! What are you studying? Pop culture rocks!

If you would have asked me what I'm studying a few months ago, I would have had absolutely no idea. Ask anyone in here--it changed daily. :lol: However, I have recently made a decision and I'm still excited about it so I think that's a good thing. As of now, I will be majoring in business and working with my advisor to create my own minor in public relations. Eventually I want to end up in Southern California somewhere and I figure business is a safe bet for down there. :smiley:

So, if you don't mind me asking, I was wondering, how old are your kids? Prime and 5x5 are always sharing stories about their kids and I love them, so I was just curious! :D

Wow, y'all have made me feel at home already! :hug: It's wonderful to meet everyone.

Hi and thanks, 5x5! It's nice to meet you, too. About me...hm. My name is Vana. I'm a single mom with four kids, two of whom have special needs, so my life is both blessed and busy. I work several jobs, but mainly I teach piano and voice and run a music enrichment program for kids which I founded. Writing is my refuge, and a passion I am lucky enough to share with my older daughter. Okay, enough about me. I look forward to getting to know y'all, too! :smiley:

'lo Vana! :hug:.

I'm Helen, in England. In a not-very-challenging job and wanting out really :lol:. 25, liking photography and films and hmmm... off to Dublin next weekend for a long weekend, and then Croatia for 10 days in July! :woot:

5x5 - :smooch:

Meloh - I'm sorry about the boring drive :( As a Brit, I have no concept of cross-state trips, I can't imagine going so long without seeing something, it's unpossible in England :lol: And :hug: for MelohDog.

Elaine - :hug: How's things?

Linds, I'm sorry you feel that way. But why not direct any problems you may have to the right place? It's this circularity that is making me crazy. If you're not happy with things here, why not bring it up, rather than making a post to someone who may or may not read it?

I'm sorry that there are those whose feelings have been hurt. I have already said it, but there it is again. I don't understand why all the drama has been dragged in here when there have been more than a couple of requests to keep it out of the thread. Last night, Mel said she thought another thread was a good idea. Why not take it there, then?

And I certainly don't understand why I'm being cast as the villain in this whole thing, and that's the feeling I'm getting. There are many people in this thread who have known me for years, and I'm sure that any one of them can tell you that I speak my mind. You can take or leave my opinions. That's your choice. I'm very, very thankful for all of the friendships I've made here. I don't want to see my thread divided and then ripped to pieces.

5x5! It's sooooooooo good to see you posting more! I've missed you so much. When things settle down for you work wise, if you're up for a phone call just let me know... ; ) : hug: : smooch:
I've missed you, too! :hug: :smooch: And I certainly will!

Hi and thanks, 5x5! It's nice to meet you, too. About me...hm. My name is Vana. I'm a single mom with four kids, two of whom have special needs, so my life is both blessed and busy. I work several jobs, but mainly I teach piano and voice and run a music enrichment program for kids which I founded. Writing is my refuge, and a passion I am lucky enough to share with my older daughter. Okay, enough about me. I look forward to getting to know y'all, too! : )
Ooh, Vana, I'm looking forward to getting to know you, too! I am especially excited to hear you're a writer--there are a bunch of writers around here! What kind of writing do you do?

I'm 5x5, and I'm married to Mr 5x5, and I have two children, lil 5x5 (5.5) and lil'est (almost 16 months). I'm a fiction writer and editor of college textbooks and Web sites. I live in Brooklyn, NY, and love it here.

:love: date='Jun 15 2007+ 01:11 PM' post='1709553'--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE:smiley:heart: date='Jun 15 2007 @ 01:11 PM' post='1709553')</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->
A big : smooch: : smooch: for my 5x5 :love:, whose straightforwardness is one of the things I love best about her. : wub:
[/quote]
:lol: Well, I'm glad somebody loves it! :smooch: :smooch: :love: And I want to thank you again for being so fair-minded--it's one of the things I love best about you!

5x5 - : smooch:
And a big :hug: :smooch: to you, Helen!

Most probably this is not my business... but I think now here's the proof the topic should have never been discussed in this thread. Cause now people are hurt even more and instead of everyone in here beeing supportive of the others there all these unfair accusations.
Honestly it's unfair to blame people from this thread (annoyers) of anything, when everything they tried was to make the situation a bit easier for everyone.

I know I didn't really use to write in the thread, but we all love and truly admire 5x5 and Prime and after all those years everyone knows they just try the best for everyone to feel welcome... and that's what they did here. It feels really unfair to say that people in this thread tried to shut others up.

Sorry if the post seems out of place... but honestly, I'd guess everyone is a bit sad about the situation, we all care about sd-1 and I supposed the easier way was for all of us to be together and be friendly instead of accusing others and try to instigate fights.

Hope you're all having a good day. :smiley:

Hi Vana, I remember you :smiley: It's good to see you around.
And 5x5, I know you will have an hard time with all my mistakes, sorry. :Ph34r: :lol:

5x5, I in no way meant to cast you as the villain. I merely meant to say I understand why Mel doesn't want to come back. I didn't say I wasn't happy with the way things are here. But if I'm not welcome anymore than fine. I just think things are getting taken the wrong way and people are getting too fired up.

Hey, Tuga :eek:ldhi:

I'm just gonna run and get some past cooked, then be right back :nod:. I have big plans for getting all my "must do" stuff actually DONE this weekend, and as it's after 7pm, it's now weekend time!

Tonight, I'm getting my music and playlists on iTunes sorted ready for the new iPod arrival tomorrow :woot:. I think he's going to be called Dixon :nod:. Not because he's black, but because Marshall is my camera, and so that leaves Sloane, Jack, Vaughn and Dixon. It seems wrong to saddle something with Sloane (and anyway, my laptop seems to have shown itself to be a Sloane (n)). I might see what it feels like when I get the iPod, but I don't think Jack or Vaughn suits it :Ponder:.

Right. Pasta. Be back! 🛴

It's Friday!!! :happydance: It's been the slowest week. :Passout: It's been sooo slow at work. That's normal for this month and next month and probably it would be slow up till school starts.

38 more days until my vacation. Ya, I'm counting the days. :lol:

Linds, I'm sorry you feel that way. But why not direct any problems you may have to the right place? It's this circularity that is making me crazy. If you're not happy with things here, why not bring it up, rather than making a post to someone who may or may not read it?

I'm sorry that there are those whose feelings have been hurt. I have already said it, but there it is again. I don't understand why all the drama has been dragged in here when there have been more than a couple of requests to keep it out of the thread. Last night, Mel said she thought another thread was a good idea. Why not take it there, then?

And I certainly don't understand why I'm being cast as the villain in this whole thing, and that's the feeling I'm getting. There are many people in this thread who have known me for years, and I'm sure that any one of them can tell you that I speak my mind. You can take or leave my opinions. That's your choice. I'm very, very thankful for all of the friendships I've made here. I don't want to see my thread divided and then ripped to pieces.
Complete :baaa: to the bolded. And you're not the villain. If you're being cast as one, you shouldn't be. You're just trying to keep this a safe, neutral place to converse and enjoy friendships. :hug:

Helen, thank you. :hug: And hooray for Dixon! I think Dixon is the perfect name. Or, you could use one of the mission call signs, you know?? Enjoy your pasta.

I'm feeling... unsettled. I don't like it.

Most probably this is not my business... but I think now here's the proof the topic should have never been discussed in this thread. Cause now people are hurt even more and instead of everyone in here beeing supportive of the others there all these unfair accusations.
Honestly it's unfair to blame people from this thread (annoyers) of anything, when everything they tried was to make the situation a bit easier for everyone.

I know I didn't really use to write in the thread, but we all love and truly admire 5x5 and Prime and after all those years everyone knows they just try the best for everyone to feel welcome... and that's what they did here. It feels really unfair to say that people in this thread tried to shut others up.

Sorry if the post seems out of place... but honestly, I'd guess everyone is a bit sad about the situation, we all care about sd-1 and I supposed the easier way was for all of us to be together and be friendly instead of accusing others and try to instigate fights.

Hope you're all having a good day. :smiley:

Hi Vana, I remember you :smiley: It's good to see you around.
And 5x5, I know you will have an hard time with all my mistakes, sorry. :Ph34r: :lol:
Tuga! :hug: :smooch: Thank you so much for your post.

Mistakes? What mistakes? :lol: And I completely agree with you about feeling sad--I'd love it if the fighting would stop.

Please come back and post with us!

5x5, I in no way meant to cast you as the villain. I merely meant to say I understand why Mel doesn't want to come back. I didn't say I wasn't happy with the way things are here. But if I'm not welcome anymore than fine. I just think things are getting taken the wrong way and people are getting too fired up.
No, no, Linds. You are more than welcome here. Mel is more than welcome here. We've disagreed, but that doesn't mean you guys are outcasts. No way! This has been quite the heated debate, and I think we'd all do well to take a breather and perhaps have a cocktail or two.

I'm feeling... unsettled. I don't like it.
We'll get things all settled down again soon... :hug: :smooch:

:love:+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE:smiley:heart:smiley:</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->
No, no, Linds. You are more than welcome here. Mel is more than welcome here. We've disagreed, but that doesn't mean you guys are outcasts. No way! This has been quite the heated debate, and I think we'd all do well to take a breather and perhaps have a cocktail or two.
[/quote]
:baa: (And if it wasn't before noon, I'd double-:baa: on the cocktail. :lol:smiley:

Thank you, Tuga... :hug: :smooch:

This has been quite the heated debate, and I think we'd all do well to take a breather and perhaps have a cocktail or two.

Feed the ducks.

I used to belong to a Stargate SG-1 site, and when people inevitably got a bit wound up with each other and disagreements broke out etc, the owners would remind people to put the computer down, step outside and feed the ducks. Do something real lifey, and not internet-related.

It's not a literal instruction, but just a reminder to get some distance and then come back refreshed :smiley:

You know, I've realised how I've learnt to pick and choose my battles. I've thought about replying to a few things, then weighed up the result of replying, versus not replying, and chosen to not reply. Because I swear to Ayesha, I'm in a good mood, and have an imminent iPod arrival, and nothing and no-one is gonna break that mood :lol:.

I need to bottle this and remind myself of it once in a while :lol: :Ponder:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back