SD-1 Refugee Thread-The Sequel

Status
Not open for further replies.
who's in? :P

cocktailpostcardswg8.jpg

I think I have another ulcer, so I will pass on the cocktails. But they do look yummy. My mom had a blackberry-peach bellini last night and I took and sip and man it was good!

My stomach hurts. I'm on my break at school and I should really eat something. I probably shouldn't be drinking this diet coke eh? They didn't have any other diet pop. Oops, I accidentally typed diet poop. lol.

Feed the ducks.

I used to belong to a Stargate SG-1 site, and when people inevitably got a bit wound up with each other and disagreements broke out etc, the owners would remind people to put the computer down, step outside and feed the ducks. Do something real lifey, and not internet-related.

It's not a literal instruction, but just a reminder to get some distance and then come back refreshed :smiley:

You know, I've realised how I've learnt to pick and choose my battles. I've thought about replying to a few things, then weighed up the result of replying, versus not replying, and chosen to not reply. Because I swear to Ayesha, I'm in a good mood, and have an imminent iPod arrival, and nothing and no-one is gonna break that mood :lol:.

I need to bottle this and remind myself of it once in a while :lol: :Ponder:
I'll take some, too, if you have any left over. :hug: :smooch: And :woot: for a good mood and a new iPod! :happydance:

Did you see the little girl--Connie--on Britain's Got Talent? I watched the clip on YouTube and :cry:. What a sweetheart and what a voice!

cocktailpostcardswg8.jpg
I'll take a Long Island Iced Tea please... 😋 It's after 5:00 in lots of places, right? :lol:

I'm sorry your stomach is hurting, Linds... :console: You should get something to eat. (y)

ETA: Sally, I haven't said :eek:ldhi: to you in a long time! :hug: :smooch: I hope you're feeling better today.

I'll take a Long Island Iced Tea please... 😋 It's after 5:00 in lots of places, right? :lol:

I'm sorry your stomach is hurting, Linds... :console: You should get something to eat. (y)

ETA: Sally, I haven't said :eek:ldhi: to you in a long time! :hug: :smooch: I hope you're feeling better today.

Thanks. I was feeling blah and full, but now I'm starting to feel hungry, so I think I will eat. They are serving broccoli and chedder soup in the cafeteria and that sounds good. But I don't know if I want to spend $2.50 when I'm having such financial problems. I did bring a crossant though. I've got yummy herb and garlic cream cheese for it.

Hi Im Immy from sd-1.
Im crazy and wacky, and just thought i would say hello.
Im in the final year of my degree one more semester to go, and i work five jobs and watch bizarre BBC shows !!!
So anyway HELLO and I have cold feet must find socks.....
5 jobs??!!?? :o_O: :lol:

Talula, I am all for going to the Hamptons with you! :lol: I mean, just think of who we could find! :lol:
Sweet! (y)

Hi and thanks, 5x5! It's nice to meet you, too. About me...hm. My name is Vana. I'm a single mom with four kids, two of whom have special needs, so my life is both blessed and busy. I work several jobs, but mainly I teach piano and voice and run a music enrichment program for kids which I founded. Writing is my refuge, and a passion I am lucky enough to share with my older daughter. Okay, enough about me. I look forward to getting to know y'all, too! :smiley:

Hey talula! Thanks - I like your screenname, too! ^_^
Hi Vana! I'm talula and... hmmm... I am a graduate student who lives in Colorado. I normally work a research assistant, office-based job but for this summer term I'm teaching my first course on my own. My brain melts a little bit more with each passing day. I'm also a pet sitter and a catty owner (see avatar).

5x5, I in no way meant to cast you as the villain. I merely meant to say I understand why Mel doesn't want to come back. I didn't say I wasn't happy with the way things are here. But if I'm not welcome anymore than fine. I just think things are getting taken the wrong way and people are getting too fired up.
I think that when you said that with each new post, you understand more why she doesn't want to come back, it implied that you thought "we" were doing something wrong or at least not doing the right things. The only reason I bring this back up again is because, if you do feel that way, I'd be open for us talking about that, because I wouldn't want you to feel like you couldn't talk about that, like your opinion doesn't count.

But I also know that there aren't necessarily easy answers or easy resolution. People disagree but it's only okay to disagree if we recognize that we're... :Paranoid: disagreeing. Agreed? (Oh geesh. :lol:smiley:

EDIT - and I have two little Rolo cream dessert things, wine, and DVDs to watch tonight. Oh yes, it doesn't get any better :lol:

cocktailpostcardswg8.jpg

Make mine a... :Ponder:. Ooh, grasshopper! :woot:. Did I ever tell you guys about my geek moment at the Work Christmas Meal, where I ordered a Grasshopper cocktail, because of Vaughn's joke? :lol: :geek:.

I'll take some, too, if you have any left over. :hug: :smooch: And :woot: for a good mood and a new iPod! :happydance:

Did you see the little girl--Connie--on Britain's Got Talent? I watched the clip on YouTube and :cry:. What a sweetheart and what a voice!

You're welcome :hug: And thanks! :smooch:

I've not seen her, no. My TV is wonky broken, so I saw the first two shows in our lounge, and then saw some of last night's semi final. I'm rooting for Paul Potts (mobile phone salesman who sings opera and gives me goosebumps), and MD Productions, who are an ensemble dance troupe dancing to "Thriller". I loved a ventriloquist with a chimpanzee puppet who did a genius act to MJ's "Earth Song", but then he tanked last night by changing to an MJ ballad and singing some himself. He lost the magic.

Here's MD Productions first round audition: here

Paul Potts - opera - here

Oh hey, the GOOD monkey puppet audition is up! here (watch for the ass/hip swinging!)

Yeah, watch those three. #1 makes me want to dance, #2 actually makes me cry, and #3 makes me cry with laughter :lol:

Thank you, Vana. :hug: It's nice to meet you. I'm Meloh and I'm a recent college graduate in search of a great adventurous future! :lol: Right now, I'm spending the summer babysitting my 6-year-old cousin and searching for jobs in a state that is not my home. :eek:ldhi:

Sally! I wanted to say that I loved hearing about your meal and your lovely evening! :hug: I can't believe you're married and clear across country from where I'm used to you being! :lol:

And thank you, Linds. :hug: I'm glad your mom was nice for your birthday. And yay for presents and cheesecake! :w00t:

:doh: I knew I was forgetting something! :woot: for cooking your meal, Sally! That's waaaaay better than I can do... I'm still working on that whole cooking thing. It's overrated. :lol: I hope you get to feeling better as well... :smooch: :hug:

:hi:

thank you everyone...sometimes I can't believe it either :lol:....

aaand..I think I am better off these days just ignoring the elephant in the room :P...but one of those drinks would be great :nod:

I feel better...:love: got me some Theraflu and it helped :D...marrying a doc has its perks :P

:woot: for SisterNsspense Graduation...

I'll be in and out but quiet as I tackle today's dinner....👋

Make mine a... :Ponder:. Ooh, grasshopper! :woot:. Did I ever tell you guys about my geek moment at the Work Christmas Meal, where I ordered a Grasshopper cocktail, because of Vaughn's joke? :lol: :geek:.
Nope! And I don't recall the joke right now either. :Ponder:

So one of my students was in class today... with a laptop... and emailed me his assignment... when we were still in class. :blink: Soooo... way to pay attention in lecture, since you just failed your quiz yesterday. Talula does not want to have to flunk yet another star athlete, y'all. Some of these kids seem to not realize that I can actually SEE them text messaging and sleeping during class.

cocktailpostcardswg8.jpg
I'll take the rainbow looking shot thingy. :D

Oh, and I guess I should introduce myself a bit. I'm Elaine, from Ohio and a lawyer. :rolleyes: I used to roll with the Safe Chats girls over on that other place. :smiley:

And I should add...just went on a the most fun motorcycle ride!

So one of my students was in class today... with a laptop... and emailed me his assignment... when we were still in class. :blink: Soooo... way to pay attention in lecture, since you just failed your quiz yesterday. Talula does not want to have to flunk yet another star athlete, y'all. Some of these kids seem to not realize that I can actually SEE them text messaging and sleeping during class.

:Paranoid:..I have not done that per se..but I have been in many classes with the laptop...sometimes not paying attention..sometimes working on other class assignments :bag:

The one where he's cheering Syd up?

Vaughn: So this grasshopper goes into a bar, and the barman says "Hey! We havea drink named after you!", and the grasshopper goes "You have a drink named-
Sydney: Doug.
Vaughn: Well I was going to go with "Phil".

(done from memory, excusea few missed words)

Oh my... students, eh?

Hee, went looking for Scrubs clips on YouTube (mainly the airband/lip synching to "More Than A Feeling"), and found this, which sums up one of the things I love about Scrubs (and I know Meloh likes the show too, I forget if anyone else does :Ponder:smiley:. Given we're friends, it seemed appropriate right now.

Friendship - Scrubs style

I was in class with my laptop trying up notes as she talked. But I was decent enough to wait until the break to come here and talk or go on MSNM

:Paranoid:..I have not done that per se..but I have been in many classes with the laptop...sometimes not paying attention..sometimes working on other class assignments :bag:

I've done the other assignments thing - only in one French grammar class, which wasn't much use, hard to get good notes in and pointless really - and a 4 or 5pm lecture 🔨. So I used the hour to plan my work for studying, or reading!

No, no, I don't have a problem with laptops. Some professors do but I don't care. If you have other work that is more pressing/involved, fine. When you're failing and you know you're failing and you actively don't pay attention... well, that's fine too, it's no skin off my back. I've just been berated before by athlete services for "not accommodating" certain athletes because I guess it was my fault the guy had a 33% going into the final. :blink:

The one where he's cheering Syd up?

Vaughn: So this grasshopper goes into a bar, and the barman says "Hey! We havea drink named after you!", and the grasshopper goes "You have a drink named-
Sydney: Doug.
Vaughn: Well I was going to go with "Phil".

Hee, went looking for Scrubs clips on YouTube (mainly the airband/lip synching to "More Than A Feeling"), and found this, which sums up one of the things I love about Scrubs (and I know Meloh likes the show too, I forget if anyone else does :Ponder:smiley:. Given we're friends, it seemed appropriate right now.

Friendship - Scrubs style
:lol: Oh right.

I love Scrubs!! :rotflmao:

ETA: And doing other work or writing a to do list or whatever during class is pretty much fine too. It's why participation points were invented. :lol: But the sleeping, obviously, and the texting gets me. Maybe I shouldn't care about the texting but I just do. I am that way when I'm at dinner with friends and stuff. Sometimes it's like, "If you don't put your phone down, I'm going to drop it into your Grasshopper."

ETAA: I'm sorry - all I can practically talk about right now is class. It's just been so long since I've been in front of a classroom!

Hi everyone! :woot: I finally got the wonderful new wireless internet service on Monday and have been trying all week to catch up with ya'll at SD-1 with no success. I'd completely forgotten about the All-Alias backup plan until today. :bag: Anyway, here I am, completely clueless as to what's going on with everyone and ready to catch up! And so unreasonably happy to see my little friend :number1: here! :lol:

For the longtime Annoyer folks, I have some llama news... Homer is a daddy! :Passout: Calliope gave birth to a lovely baby girl last Thursday. Baby has no name yet, but she's the spitting image of her dear old dad.

I feel so out of touch and I've missed birthdays and weddings (Congratulations, Sally!!!). I'm going to see whether I can at least catch up on what every has posted since SD-1 went down, so I'll be back and forth for a bit.

:eek:ldhi: Tredder! I wondered if you knew about here (I asked earlier today I think - forgotten what/when a lot this week!). And congratulations on the baby llama! :lovely:

GUYS! :woot: I went looking for clips of Ted's Band (The Blanks) singing on Scrubs, and found a clip of the Italian dubbed version! :lol: I have the DVDs with Italian on, but :woot: anyway! As far as I can tell with music and dubbing - if it's pre-recorded, they leave the original, but if a character sings a song, it's translated.

As Dr. Cox would say, here it is (for poops and giggles). Possibly only Kelley and Christin would understand it, but it's funny, and this is one show where they get the voices very close to the originals, in terms of tone and pitch and mannerisms.

EDIT - ah, I found both "Charles In Charge" singing clips (it features mid- and end-episode), in Italian on YouTube, so now I'm happy, I've had my fix :D

Yeah, I'm a geek, you knew that, right? ;)

:eek:ldhi: tredder! :hug: :smooch: :number1:

ETA: Yes, we did helen! :lol: It takes one to know one! :geek:

Lunch time (yeah, I'm not eating properly these days at all), tidying time, and then time to get dressed to go out for a friend's birthday. We're having dinner and drinks at one of those giant arcade restaurants... a restaurant surrounded by a big, huge arcade with Dance Revolution and Skiball and bowling and all kinds of silly games. :lol:

:lol: Talula - have fun!

Hee, I'm getting a new repsect for Cary Grant's acting, he's such a comic actor - and Ginger Rogers plays his wife and she's funny too :lol:.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back