SD-1 Refugees #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
nsspense said:
He sewed it! :LOL: He cut out squares of different colored courduroy and made a sort of patchwork looking thing-lined the inside with courduroy and made a strap out of more squares.. it's gorgeous! he made it for my birthday a couple years ago. I'll try to take a picture :LOL: He can cook, he can sew... :love: he has 3 sisters and a Martha Stewart (in the homemaking sense)-rivaling mother . :) Maybe he likes being a fireman because it balances it all out :LOL:
[post="1089878"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
*giggle*

You are making me jealous. I would never want to steal him away from you of course, but do you think you could find me one like him? :unsure:
 
Yes, perhaps we could clone him. Like my best friend's Australian Shepherd. I'd like to clone him too so I may have a Reggie-dog of my own.

Here is Reggie.
ReggielikesAuntieAllisonsbed.jpg

Here is my snow. Well, from Sunday.
Ourcourtyard_2_1.jpg
 
michaelvartansuperfan said:
I'm just listening to music and being generally bored!

What's everyone up to?
[post="1089908"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
I'm trying to finish my paper while listening to Christmas music and talking too much on here.

I still have 3 hours til it has to be done, but I need to take a shower, and I have some other homework that in theory would be good to get done too. Although the paper is more important to me. (I'm already rather positive I'll be retaking medical terminology so at this point does it really matter how much I try, yes I know it does, but I'm already in such a deep hole with that class)

eta: My paper has 2339 words in it at the moment. I'm really impressed with myself here. I don't think I've ever written a paper that long before, and I'm not even done yet. I know that in theory that's not very long, but for me it's a big deal.
 
mellybelly said:
*giggle*

You are making me jealous. I would never want to steal him away from you of course, but do you think you could find me one like him? :unsure:
[post="1089894"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
hmmm well there is no one quite like him, I'm sure of it. But I know there are other good guys out there!!! Be patient! :)
If you want a fire dept. shirt, I bet you could go to a station, or to an open house at a station, and get one..
 
nsspense said:
hmmm well there is no one quite like him, I'm sure of it. But I know there are other good guys out there!!! Be patient! :)
If you want a fire dept. shirt, I bet you could go to a station, or to an open house at a station, and get one..
[post="1089930"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
Well this just goes to show that you guys don't know me in 'real life' at all. I may be talkitive and all on here, but in the real world, I'm incredibly shy. I would never be able to go and do something like that. It would involve going somewhere that I don't know (meaning I wouldn't feel comfortable there, and I wouldn't know what I was doing, very bad things) and I would have to talk to people I don't know to try and get the shirt (a very scary thing to do).

Oh, no. This will not be happening.

*shakes head*
 
mellybelly said:
Well this just goes to show that you guys don't know me in 'real life' at all. I may be talkitive and all on here, but in the real world, I'm incredibly shy. I would never be able to go and do something like that. It would involve going somewhere that I don't know (meaning I wouldn't feel comfortable there, and I wouldn't know what I was doing, very bad things) and I would have to talk to people I don't know to try and get the shirt (a very scary thing to do).

Oh, no. This will not be happening.

*shakes head*
[post="1089932"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
:hug: No, I can't see you doing that either, nor would I probably venture something like that... But I'm just saying.. If you really wanted one, they'd probably help you out.

eta-have to go downtown for a bit.. back later!
 
Someone on my AIM buddy list, who I don't actually know but that's beside the point, has this kinda sad away message. And even though it's depressing I think it's very insightful and had to share it.

I remember happy. I used to feel it a lot. I remember when I liked it. And I remember when it wasn't hard to find and when the people around me wanted it. I really should have appreciated those moments.
We often neglect to realize that happiness isn't something we'll always have and we don't realize what it does for us till it's gone.
I've gotten to the point where I don't care one way or the other, but I'm really sick of trying, and I'm just drained.
 
In response to the firefighters trading shirts, a lot of them do. My uncles have a ton and a few have filtered to me. Police officers also trade patches, they carry around extras for that very reason.
 
mellybelly said:
Someone on my AIM buddy list, who I don't actually know but that's beside the point, has this kinda sad away message. And even though it's depressing I think it's very insightful and had to share it.

I remember happy.  I used to feel it a lot.  I remember when I liked it.  And I remember when it wasn't hard to find and when the people around me wanted it.  I really should have appreciated those moments. 
We often neglect to realize that happiness isn't something we'll always have and we don't realize what it does for us till it's gone.
I've gotten to the point where I don't care one way or the other, but I'm really sick of trying, and I'm just drained.

[post="1089939"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Boy, what a downer!!! :o

I have had personal experience with family and friends who have fallen into this type of depression and it is NOT FUN!! :blink: :unsure:

I sincerely hope your contact is able to connect with someone who can help him/her understand that life can be really interesting, even if it's not always fun. ;)
 
Well as I said I don't really know him. But considering he's a college student and it's the end of the semester I would think it's somewhat common for him to be feeling that way.
 

5x5

Cadet
mellybelly said:
Well this just goes to show that you guys don't know me in 'real life' at all. I may be talkitive and all on here, but in the real world, I'm incredibly shy. I would never be able to go and do something like that. It would involve going somewhere that I don't know (meaning I wouldn't feel comfortable there, and I wouldn't know what I was doing, very bad things) and I would have to talk to people I don't know to try and get the shirt (a very scary thing to do).

Oh, no. This will not be happening.

*shakes head*
[post="1089932"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
Aww! Mel! I wouldn't have guessed you as shy, especially since I've seen photos of you and you're gorgeous!

I used to be shy, many years ago, probably until I was about 12 or so. I don't know what happened, but I am just not at all anymore. I think I'm just too curious about other people! :LOL: I am pretty much just as I am here, I think. (I talk and talk and talk...) :rolleyes:

mellybelly said:
Someone on my AIM buddy list, who I don't actually know but that's beside the point, has this kinda sad away message. And even though it's depressing I think it's very insightful and had to share it.

I remember happy.  I used to feel it a lot.  I remember when I liked it.  And I remember when it wasn't hard to find and when the people around me wanted it.  I really should have appreciated those moments. 
We often neglect to realize that happiness isn't something we'll always have and we don't realize what it does for us till it's gone.
I've gotten to the point where I don't care one way or the other, but I'm really sick of trying, and I'm just drained.

[post="1089939"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
This is way beyond depressing. I hope your friend can get some help. :(
 

tredder

Cadet
:oldhi: cyberpals! Good work on your paper, Mellybel! :hug:

I used to be very shy, too, and I still have bouts of shyness occasionally. :shamefullyembarrased: I have a very hard time with big parties at which I know only the hosts. :wacky: Most of the time, I'm okay one on one or in smaller groups, though. 👍 Anyway, I understand how you feel, Melly. :console:

5x5 - I still owe you a PM - I'm not avoiding you! I've just gotten busy, and I don't want to rush through the story. :love:

Good luck with the homework, Talula! Sorry you're still feeling sick! (n)
 

5x5

Cadet
tredder said:
5x5 - I still owe you a PM - I'm not avoiding you!  I've just gotten busy, and I don't want to rush through the story. :love:

[post="1090156"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
:oldhi: tredder! :hug: Thanks so much! Take your time with the PM...I don't mind at all. :LOL: I like the "I'm not avoiding you!" :LOL:
 
:oldhi: tredder :hug:
:oldhi: 5x5 :hug: Got your email - did you get yours? :unsure:
:oldhi: mouse :hug:
:oldhi: Mel :hug:
:oldhi: Octoberfirst :hug:
 

5x5

Cadet
songofsongs said:
:oldhi: 5x5 :hug: Got your email - did you get yours? :unsure:
[post="1090192"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
:oldhi: song! :hug: I received an e-mail from you this morning; did you get another from me? :unsure: :LOL:

ETA: I'm going to take advantage of a quiet moment in the thread to make an announcement. *Ahem* I have a favor to ask everyone in the thread. Please don't ask me to edit papers any more. I don't mind making suggestions, or if someone has a specific question to ask, please feel free. But my time here is my play time, and it's kind of getting to be a drag for me to come here and be asked to line edit papers. I'm paid for that kind of thing, and seriously--I could have made hundreds and hundreds of dollars had I charged anyone. :LOL:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top