SD-1 Refugees #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi :eek:ldhi:!! :hug: Just checking in for a moment . . .

dear 5X5, there's a tv program on right now that is "Good Day Live" from Los Angeles, on which they are auditioning individuals to be correspondents for the program from New York City. So, there are some scenes of folks gathered together in presumably Central Park today. Anyway, the scenes indicate that it is a lovely clear-sky crisp cool air kind of day in the city today; and it does indeed look like a fun going-to-a-park day for a lucky mommy of Ms. Lil' 5X5. I hope you do get to go play today in a park, too!

And, dear Ms. Princess MellyBelly, good job, honey, on working so hard on your paper! And, you were indeed awake rather late last night. Sometimes a way to help yourself stay alert when you're trying to function on not-enough sleep, is to get a basin of ice-water, and put washcloths in it, which you then get really cold, and then place them on your face and forehead every few minutes. The coldness and wet of the washcloths can help induce you to feel more alert, without having to take any caffeine. Or, wrap some of these washcloths (while they are very cold and wet) around your lower arm of the arm that you don't write with, to the point that you kind of feel shivering. This can help keep you alert, too.
And, on that note, I'm gonna go take a nap :yawn: :lol: . . . see youse guyz later! :hug: :smooch:

octoberfirst said:
Ooh, what was going on with the officials?  I totally missed that one, I was just thrilled they were playing so well.

I absolutely adore Javon.  He's an amazing player and he's nice to look at  ;) .  Driver's catch was great but what I love the most about him is that he always smiles, you can see it from the stands.  I was very impressed with Carroll last night, too. 

I'm so happy I found another Packer fan, its usually me against the Philly fans which makes this week really interesting...
[post="1089726"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
I love it when players look happy. That's one reason I adore Brett so much. He always seems to be having so much fun.

You really are gonna make me take about the stupid calls? I really don't think this is a wise idea. I"ll just tell you what the thank you was about.

I want to say it was in the third quarter, but I could be way off. Rams had the ball, they fumbled and the Pack recovered. Then after the play was complete they said it didn't count becuz the Rams coach called a time out. He called it after the play started! It all seemed very fishy to me. I understand the rule that a coach can call a timeout, but it shouldn't count if they don't do it before the ball is snapped. One ref was by him and heard him call the timeout and he was responsible for having the play called back. Afterwards he went up to the coach and recieved a thank you and a hug from him. :hmm:

mellybelly said:
I want to say it was in the third quarter, but I could be way off. Rams had the ball, they fumbled and the Pack recovered. Then after the play was complete they said it didn't count becuz the Rams coach called a time out. He called it after the play started! It all seemed very fishy to me. I understand the rule that a coach can call a timeout, but it shouldn't count if they don't do it before the ball is snapped. One ref was by him and heard him call the timeout and he was responsible for having the play called back. Afterwards he went up to the coach and recieved a thank you and a hug from him. :hmm:
[post="1089748"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Oh, riiiiiiiiiiiight! I remember that, that was a horribly suspicious call! I completely missed the "thank you", though.

mellybelly said:
I love it when players look happy. That's one reason I adore Brett so much. He always seems to be having so much fun.
[post="1089748"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

That is why I :throb: him too, melly!!! And :eek:ldhi: and :hug: b/c I haven't seen you in a while!! Great game last night and I hope you are figuring out your paper stuff alright.

:eek:ldhi: 5x5 :hug:
:eek:ldhi: mouse :hug:
:eek:ldhi: Amy :hug:
:eek:ldhi: nsspense :hug: - I didn't get a chance to say this yesterday b/c the board fell asleep and I didn't make it back in, but I am very very happy for you and your new boyfriend :fireman:!!! :smiley:

I wasn't able to catch up yesterday very well so I'll try today while I'm home playing hookie from work so that I can be coughing and sneezing without spraying germs all over the place!! :smiley:

OOps! And :eek:ldhi: octoberfirst :hug:

octoberfirst said:
Oh, riiiiiiiiiiiight!  I remember that, that was a horribly suspicious call!  I completely missed the "thank you", though.
[post="1089760"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
It was a very clear thank you. Of course we couldn't hear the words, but it was as clear as day what he was saying to him. Then there was the little hug. And that fact that it was a play that resulted in a fumble and them losing the ball makes it even more fishy. I just didn't like it at all. They are sure lucky that my packers still won. Otherwise he would have been in trouble.

talula62 said:
:hi: nsspense :hug: - I didn't get a chance to say this yesterday b/c the board fell asleep and I didn't make it back in, but I am very very happy for you and your new boyfriend :fireman:!!! :smiley:
[post="1089771"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
thanks talula :hug:
It seems kind of funny thinking of him as "new", though.. I mean we've been together for about 2 and 1/2 years now, but there was an entire year and a bit that we were officially "not dating", which is what you guys have been around for :smiley: It's not the simplest story ever. But yes, the "title" is new :lol:

mellybelly said:
It was a very clear thank you. Of course we couldn't hear the words, but it was as clear as day what he was saying to him. Then there was the little hug. And that fact that it was a play that resulted in a fumble and them losing the ball makes it even more fishy. I just didn't like it at all. They are sure lucky that my packers still won. Otherwise he would have been in trouble.
[post="1089772"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

I have connections...we could sabotage the rest of the Rams season... :Ph34r: :lol:

:eek:ldhi: MVSF! :hug: I've been gone too!!

nsspense - I hear you on the long story thing. I have a not-dating friend like that. Actually, I was supposed to see him over Thanksgiving but didn't get to stay in Oklahoma to do that. :cry: But, that's okay.

nsspense said:
thanks talula :hug:
It seems kind of funny thinking of him as "new", though.. I mean we've been together for about 2 and 1/2 years now, but there was an entire year and a bit that we were officially "not dating", which is what you guys have been around for :smiley: It's not the simplest story ever. But yes, the "title" is new :lol:
[post="1089798"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
I hadn't really had time to catch up on what was posted while I've been gone. And I wanted to ask you how your trip was but I figured you'd already answered it, and I hate when people ask the same question over and over again when it's already been answered in the thread, and they just are too lazy to go look for the answer, so I just went and read through your posts, and I was did the whole girly giddy/giggle thing when I read you had a new shirt that you got from your boyfriend! I'm so happy that you guys are back together.

I know it's none of my business and it really shouldn't matter to me, but I am such a romantic and love to see cute couples happy together.

:love: :blush:

I'm all done now, and really need to type up my intro and conclusion to my paper. I think I'll make myself a cappuchino to do so.

octoberfirst said:
I have connections...we could sabotage the rest of the Rams season... :Ph34r:  :lol:
[post="1089825"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
*eyes light up*

*lips curve into a half smile*

*mischievious look covers mel's face*

No, we would never want to do something like that.

It would be wrong.

:angelic:

Here's a funny thing to anyone who knows :fireman: - my sister is dating one. Well, he doesn't start until February. He had to do the waitlist sorta thing. Ha! And he was out in Colorado for Thanksgiving too, in Crested Butte. He took a fire department shirt with him and managed to find a firehouse and traded a shirt - :blink: and he says, "you take a shirt with you everywhere you go!" Funny huh. Does your :fireman: do that too, nsspense??

:eek:ldhi: seeker :hug:
:eek:ldhi: LisE :hug:

mellybelly said:
*eyes light up*

*lips curve into a half smile*

*mischievious look covers mel's face*

No, we would never want to do something like that.

It would be wrong.

:angelic:
[post="1089840"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

But being mischievious is so fun... :angelnot:

talula62 said:
:eek:ldhi: MVSF! :hug: I've been gone too!!

nsspense - I hear you on the long story thing. I have a not-dating friend like that. Actually, I was supposed to see him over Thanksgiving but didn't get to stay in Oklahoma to do that. :cry: But, that's okay.
[post="1089828"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
I'm sorry you didn't get to see him! Not-dating friends are really special situations, aren't they? ;) At some point, it will go one way or the other, and that is a nice consolation sometimes :lol:

mellybelly said:
I hadn't really had time to catch up on what was posted while I've been gone. And I wanted to ask you how your trip was but I figured you'd already answered it, and I hate when people ask the same question over and over again when it's already been answered in the thread, and they just are too lazy to go look for the answer, so I just went and read through your posts, and I was did the whole girly giddy/giggle thing when I read you had a new shirt that you got from your boyfriend! I'm so happy that you guys are back together.

I know it's none of my business and it really shouldn't matter to me, but I am such a romantic and love to see cute couples happy together.

:love: :blush:

I'm all done now, and really need to type up my intro and conclusion to my paper. I think I'll make myself a cappuchino to do so.
[post="1089832"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
mel, of course it's your business--I make it your business by talking about it incessently! :lol:
I'm glad your paper is moving along!

I :love: my new shirt :smiley: And yesterday I went to the closet and took out the box holding the other shirts--from his fire dept. days here-my favorite is the one from when he did an open house at the station that is mostly for kids, and so my shirt says "Junior Firefighter" in crayon-writing :smiley: I had refused to wear them while we were "not dating". Though I had somehow found a way to keep using the purse he made me during all that time! It's just so beautiful!

talula62 said:
Here's a funny thing to anyone who knows :fireman: - my sister is dating one. Well, he doesn't start until February. He had to do the waitlist sorta thing. Ha! And he was out in Colorado for Thanksgiving too, in Crested Butte. He took a fire department shirt with him and managed to find a firehouse and traded a shirt - :blink: and he says, "you take a shirt with you everywhere you go!" Funny huh. Does your :fireman: do that too, nsspense??

:eek:ldhi: seeker :hug:
:eek:ldhi: LisE :hug:
[post="1089843"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
:lol: no, actually, I've never heard of that! I'll have to ask though :smiley: Crested Butte... was he skiing?!

eta-wait, do you mean you bring a FD shirt with you wherever you go, or you trade one wherever you go? Because bringing one-yes--I think they have so many (they have to wear one every day) that that is a major part of the wardrobe.. but trading, I haven't heard about that :smiley:

Whoa - he made you a purse?? Wow. That's very cool. How did he do that??

I forgot!! :woot: It's payday!!! $$$$$ Now I get to spend it all on my bills and rent. Woohoo!!! :rolleyes:

Oh - yeah, he says you take a shirt with you wherever you go primarily to wear but if you happen upon a trading opportunity, then you've gotta have one so you can get one. Maybe it's just him. :smiley: But he's all about getting shirts from other departments. It's cute really. I mean, I'd do it if I were a :firewoman: :lol: And, yeah, he was skiing with the fraction of the mountain that was open at that time. I'm sure it's better now after Sunday's storm.

Welcome, MVSF - what are you up to?

I want a firefighter shirt.

*pout*

I mean, I really, really want one.

I think the crayon one would be my favorite too. :blush:

It's sunny here guys! The skies are a purdy blue! Of course it's only 30 degrees outside and it feels like 25 with the wind chill...but it's sunny.

I also feel the need to point out that on Saturday we got a light dusting of snow. I mean there was still grass poking out. It's three days later now. Most of the city had all there snow melt on Sunday. It's Tuesday now, and my yard is still covered in snow. I really don't understand what magic our yard has, but I swear we have snow longer than anyone else in our area. I don't understand it.

talula62 said:
Whoa - he made you a purse?? Wow. That's very cool. How did he do that??

I forgot!! :woot: It's payday!!! $$$$$ Now I get to spend it all on my bills and rent. Woohoo!!! :rolleyes:
[post="1089854"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
He sewed it! :lol: He cut out squares of different colored courduroy and made a sort of patchwork looking thing-lined the inside with courduroy and made a strap out of more squares.. it's gorgeous! he made it for my birthday a couple years ago. I'll try to take a picture :lol: He can cook, he can sew... :love: he has 3 sisters and a Martha Stewart (in the homemaking sense)-rivaling mother . :smiley: Maybe he likes being a fireman because it balances it all out :lol:

Howdy, folks!!!
:eek:ldhi: talula62
:eek:ldhi: nsspense
:eek:ldhi: michaelvartansuperfan
:eek:ldhi: mellybelly
:eek:ldhi: octoberfirst

and a big :eek:ldhi: to the two anony-:meese:

Will be in and out today, so I might sometimes be :Ph34r: , but will be monitoring the :chatchairs: and will chime in as appropriate. :whistle:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back