SD-1 Refugees #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
<span style='font-size:13pt;line-height:100%'>The family. We were a strange little band of characters trudging through life sharing diseases and toothpaste, coveting one another's desserts, hiding shampoo, borrowing money, locking each other out of our rooms, inflicting pain and kissing to heal it in the same instant, loving, laughing, defending, and trying to figure out the common thread that bound us all together. ~Erma Bombeck

The great gift of family life is to be intimately acquainted with people you might never even introduce yourself to, had life not done it for you. ~Kendall Hailey, The Day I Became an Autodidact

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own. It's little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good."
~ quote by
Ms. Queen Shipper Sweetie, quoting Stitch

Welcome to our little family, where no one ever gets left behind!

"Why can't we get all the people together in the world that we really like and then just stay together? I guess that wouldn't work. Someone would leave. Someone always leaves. Then we would have to say good-bye. I hate good-byes. I know what I need. I need more hellos."
~ quote by
prime quoting Snoopy

Calvin: What's it like to fall in love?
Hobbes: Well, say the object of your affection walks by...
Calvin: Yeah?
Hobbes: First, your heart falls into your stomach and splashes your innards. All the moisture makes you sweat profusely. This condensation shorts the circuits to your brain, and you get all woozy. When your brain burns out altogether, your mouth disengages and you babble like a Cretin until she leaves.
Calvin: That's love?!
Hobbes: Medically speaking.
Calvin: Heck, that happened to me once, but I figured it was cooties!
~ quote by
tredder quotingfreelance_agent quoting Calvin and Hobbes</span>

<span style='font-size:25pt;line-height:100%'>IT'S PARTY TIME!!!</span>

jumping44.gif
jumping44.gif
jumping44.gif
jumping44.gif

happy05.gif
:groupwave:
happy05.gif
:groupwave:
happy05.gif

<span style='font-size:21pt;line-height:100%'>Party at H<O>ME!!! </span>

<span style='font-size:12pt;line-height:100%'>We had a threadwarming party on June 1st, but we had so much fun that we decided to keep it going!! Things to bring music :music: 🎸 , balloons 🎈, food 🍕, drinks :drunk: (must be 21! only the States of course), and plenty of hellos :eek:ldhi: and hugs :hug: and kisses :smooch: ! Custom avatars are encouraged, but not required. If you need help making an avatar you can go to the avatars thread in the Fan's Corner/Art forum or you can PM our very own MensRea; she'd be happy to help you. Or you can just come as you are. We always love having you here. (Even you lurkers who Ms. MellyBelly tries to get to post :hug: ) </span>

<span style='font-size:15pt;line-height:100%'>This is a spoiler free zone!! That's right, we don't discuss anything even slightly spoilerish in here, nor will we ever. Please watch what you say and put things in spoiler tags if necessary. If you want to discuss spoilers please head over to the Oracles Thread it can be found in the Season 4 Forum.</span>

<span style='font-size:13pt;line-height:100%'>We have a really fun guest map to see where everyone is at Guestmap
Please go sign it, if you haven't already! Or if you have signed it, go check it out to see all the new people!!
</span>

<span style='font-size:11pt;line-height:100%'>Quoted from Cara67 from a previous thread, as transferred by our beloved Aliasfix Amy, on June 9, 2004, 12:42 AM
(who in turn was quoting Cara67)
"Just a reminder : nothing is off topic here; you can talk about whatever you want -- well, it's nice if you can talk about Alias all of the time -- but if you wanna talk about your kids or school or the weather or football it's just as nice! "</span>

<span style='font-size:13pt;line-height:100%'>If someone wants a number to become a member of our wonderful H<O>ME, where you will recieve unending amounts of love and support - and will be a member of the best family ever, please send melbel a PM or you can ask on the thread and most likely our Ms. Princess MellyBelly a.k.a. melbel won't miss your request. (and, thanks to Shipper Sweetie for the idea!).</span>
List of the H<O>MIES...

# 01 cara67
# 02 Har
# 03 Shipper Sweetie
# 04 Spylass
# 05 mvrules
# 06 Liliana
# 07 melbel
# 08 spybaddie-kmw
# 09 talula62
# 10 Tryxie
# 11 [color="#99CC99 "]little punkin'[/color]
# 12 AllAmerican Alias
# 13 jo12
# 14 cowgrrl4utx
# 15 [color="#FF3366 "]weslyfesly[/color]
# 16 5x5
# 17 girlscout
# 18 tredder
# 19 SD-3013
# 20 Mensrea
# 21 Beserious
# 22 seeker 336
# 23 sydfan2323
# 24 aliasmountaineer1
# 25 sydb417
# 26 peaches 503
# 27 jennyjen
# 28 Legolasette
# 29 Paola
# 30 BublzBirchler
# 31 Nichole
# 32 jme
# 33 Mountaineer_4747
# 34 zippy
# 35 AgentKiwi
# 36 cvv
# 37 starshot
# 38 mrs.vaughn7001
# 39 Sentry
# 40 martalias
# 41 Btallada987
# 42 anders fan 8
# 43 freelance_agent
# 44 drew47
# 45 [color="#00FF00 "]jmsings[/color]
# 46 mousemontana
# 47 prime47 who was smart enough to ask for the most prized number
# 48 rjalias
# 49 sts1398
# 50 nsspense
# 51 phillica78
# 52 your invisible friend
# 53 Sammer35758
# 54 happyhermione
# 55 [color="#339900 "]DGSE-analyst[/color]
# 56 Freelancerj90
# 57 Old Romantic
# 58 radmongooseglue
# 59 Recna
# 60 thayna
# 61 another_alias_freak
# 62 Girl Scout
# 63 Luckybabe54
# 64 songofsongs
# 65 'sally'
# 66 justasuperfan
# 67 bristowbabe47
# 68 Watch Out Sark
# 69 Vaughnandsyd4eva
# 70 Sydney,Australia
# 71 michaelvartansuperfan
# 72 mystery_chick
# 73 LisE
# 74 waterlily

designated occasional crasher #1 MrVesham
designated occasional crasher #2 *~Ainu_Eruantale~*
designated occasional crasher #3 Winter Snow

Keep asking for a number!! When we are a big army we'll ask Jack Bristow to become the Head of our organization and we'll rule the world!!

We're all picking colors for our names - just any color you want to be. So that our list will be the prettiest list in all of the Alias world! The link for the colors is here: Click Me!!!

<span style='font-size:15pt;line-height:100%'>Alias is moving to Wednesday nights after Lost! We get an all JJ night! :woot: Alias Season 5 starts January 5, 2005!</span>

Our beloved (former) <O>racle Jinnie has started a site for fans to help show their support of Alias. Check it out, go join!!!

Here is the latest project they are working on:
Okay Project Postcards is a go. Various extremely creative people have come up with some postcards that are posted in this thread. Print the postcards out on card stock (heavy card stock would be best) and then write your message to ABC on the back.

Please remember to keep messages positive. Tell ABC how much you enjoy watching Alias and that you can't wait for Season 4 to begin in January. Don't call them things like Monkeys. Oh and hand-write your messages because it looks more personal.

Everyone, even international viewers, mail them out on this date that way we will be more likely to get a response.

Here is a complete schedule for mailing out the postcards:

November 26 (Happy Holidays Cards)
December 17th (Merry Christmas/New Years Cards)
Here is the link to the actual site of the campaign : Support Alias

TO WHOM ARE WE MAILING THEM?
Since the goal is to let the big wigs at ABC know that we love ALIAS and
that we don't want them to forget about it, the big wigs are at the top of our
mailing list.

Stephen McPherson; President, ABC Primetime Television.
ABC, Inc.
500 S. Buena Vista St.
Building 23, Room 26
Burbank, CA 91521

J. J. Abrams
ABC, Inc.
500 S. Buena Vista St.
Building 23, Room 26
Burbank, CA 91521

Anne Sweeney; Co-Chairman, Disney Media Networks.
ABC, Inc.
500 S. Buena Vista St.
Building 23, Room 26
Burbank, CA 91521

Mark Pedowitz; President, Touchstone Television.
Touchstone Television
500 S. Buena Vista St.
Building 23, Room 26
Burbank, CA 91521

Jeff Lindsey; Ratings/Viewership
ABC, Inc.
500 S. Buena Vista St.
Building 23, Room 26
Burbank, CA 91521

<span style='font-size:17pt;line-height:100%'>SD-1 needs more subscribers!! It's only $10 to help support this site for a whole year. Plus you can change your skin and make up fun titles for yourself and have more PM space and you can be blue. Most importantly you can get a warm-fuzzy feeling knowing that you are helping keep alive this home of ours. You know you want to, all the cool people are doing it.</span>

Some prettys for mouse :smooch:

b_v_dsc_0b069_b06.jpg

<span style='font-size:7pt;line-height:100%'>The caption on the Tony Awards site says: 'Victor Garber recalls his role in the original production of Assassins during the 2004 Tony Awards ceremony. He played John Wilkes Booth.'

Photo by: Anita and Steve Shevett"</span>

relative04.jpg

<span style='font-size:7pt;line-height:100%'>From aliasmedia.com</span>
free-agent-009b.jpg

1c4a7ff7.jpg

abc-upfront12b.jpg

sarkcross.jpg

<span style='font-size:7pt;line-height:100%'>From spookysworld.com</span>

I know the boys (Drew and DGSE) like to look at Syd in her black and red numbers, but I'm sick of looking at them so....<span style='font-size:7pt;line-height:100%'>both are from spookysworld.com</span>

jenemmys2002.jpg

Jennifermtvawards2.jpg

And because SpySibs are important

mia-maestro011.jpg

And spymommies

emmy40b.jpg

genie5-Robyn.gif

Thank you for choosing Mel's magic thread link for all your travel needs. Don't stand until the thread has come to a complete stop. Thank you. Good bye, good bye! Thank you! Good bye!

prime47 said:
Thank you, Melly! :hug:
[post="1071133"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
You're welcome. Sorry I didn't see you had said you would do one, otherwise I would have let you. I just didn't see your post until after I had the thread made.

I should really be going and trying to get my work done. *sigh* Why doesn't my mind want to think?

:lol: Luckily, I checked...

Thanks for the prompt, Kewii... and :eek:ldhi:

ETA: Good morning, Mouse! :hug: :smooch: Did you sleep well?

*hop* *hop* *hop* *hop* *hop* *hop* *hop*
*stops hopping*
*looks around*
*beams*
<span style='font-size:7pt;line-height:100%'>Hi! :eek:ldhi:</span>
*takes a deep breath*
*hop* *hop* *hop* *hop* *hop* *hop* *hop*

it would be nice to have some kangaroo smilies . . .

I'll see what I can find! :lol:

ETA: Here's a hoppy... something-or-other...

animal03.gif

(PlanetSmilies is allowing hotlinking again.)

:eek:ldhi:

oh my gosh nsspense (6 days!!!!!..:woot:)...that is sooo funny..made me smile too...

i am at work so posting will be a bit hard...but i missed u all so i thought i'd hang around anyway....:blush2:

here's another frenchman! :lol:
1054816327.gif

awwww
grouphug.gif

:lol: :lol: :lol: this cracks me up:
smileypersistenceofmemory.gif

It's called "smilie persistence of memory"
kangaroo.gif

ok there. I got distracted on the way to the kangaroo :blush:

:lol: prime, I'm so glad! I did find a coffee smilie as well :smiley:

Thank you!! *hug*
And, dear nsspense, my apologies about the inaccuracy of the list of which folks had been posting at SD-1.Net. :bag: I tried a few minutes ago to correct the post, but it was just at the moment that our darlin's were making this new thread, so the thread was closed. :(
Plus, I grouped together in my memory that you dear nsspense had finally received your package from that cutie in Colorado; with that 5X5 had finally received her package from eBay; and that Amy = AliasFix had also finally received her UPS package . . .

Maybe more folks are posting here, because not all of our buddies can currently access SD-1.Net; so perhaps the discussions are occurring over here more?

I am getting mixed up about who says what in which board. It doesn't help that both boards now have such very similar "skins". But, I'm accustomed to having SD-1.Net be in its blue skin (I have been known to even dream about SD-1.Net in blue); so it would work better to switch AllAlias to a different skin color; but I can't do that. I don't even know if the "platinum members" here (which I think is an equivalent status to our SD-1.Net status of "subscriber") can choose among different skin-colors . . .

anyway . . .
perhaps we should also here have a promotional message to suggest that folks sign up with AllAlias and donate their $10.00 here, too . . . since AllAlias has been so welcoming and gracious to us . . . (I would if I could financially . . . but that's a long story that we won't go into . . . )

Oh, and for Owen Wilson fans, today is his 36th birthday . . .

and, for fans of Mr. Victor Garber, he is scheduled to appear in an episode tonight of the NBC comedy Will and Grace this evening . . . :hug: Yay!

Has anybody heard if also our Alias actor David Anders is going to be appearing in tonight's episode of CSI?

mousemontana said:
Thank you!!  *hug*
And, dear nsspense, my apologies about the inaccuracy of the list of which folks had been posting at SD-1.Net.  :bag:  I tried a few minutes ago to correct the post, but it was just at the moment that our darlin's were making this new thread, so the thread was closed.  :(
mouse :hug: no need to apologize! I thought it was funny! I thought you were having hallucinations of me! :lol:

prime47 said:
Smilie persistence of memory... huh... :lol:
[post="1071177"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
I'm not sure Salvador Dali would appreciate it very much, but it made me laugh, so...

:eek:ldhi: sally! yeah, 6 days... :love:
How are you?

kangaroo.gif

I wonder if kangaroos like to be hugged . . . or if they only punch. Maybe baby kangaroos like to be hugged? :hug: Their arms just look so cute . . .

By the way, how did you do the feature in SD-1.Net that you didn't have to "turn" the page, but you could just scoot the display to the next post without having to click on the page numbers? I always had to click on the page numbers to advance the display to the next batch of posts . . . :thinking:

*sigh*.....

trying my best to cheer up...(that kangaroo thing helped :hug:)

but things are not what i would hope them to be......i am sure we'll pull through though...

Because I can't resist this kind of stuff... here's the original...

persistence_of_memory.jpg

Sally... :console:

:eek:ldhi: LisE! :hug: You have a day off today, if I remember right... am I remembering right? :thinking:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back