SD-1 Refugees #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
:eek:ldhi: 5x5! How was the park? Besides a little cloudy? The sun is starting to shine here!
(I still tried to type : hi : which makes me happy, because that means my SD-1 habits haven't been replaced yet! :smiley:)

prime47 said:
:woot: 5x5! :throb: How was the park?

Phil, The Curious Incident... is a great book... I need to get started on The Kite Runner today so I can return it next week! :lol:
[post="1071277"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

You finished it? Now you, 5x5 and I can discuss it. :D Or, we can wait until Phillica reads it... even better! :smiley: You don't have to rush on The Kite Runner - there's no due date. The H<o>me Lending Library is very accomodating. :P

ETA: Come to think of it - Phillica, if you'd like to borrow The Curious Incident..., you're welcome to. Maybe Prime could even send it to you directly.

prime47 said:
:woot: 5x5! :throb: How was the park?

[post="1071277"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
:eek:ldhi:! :throb: The park was okay...I'm not crazy about the one lil 5x5 chose today. But she had fun! :lol:

nsspense said:
:eek:ldhi: 5x5!  How was the park? Besides a little cloudy? The sun is starting to shine here!
(I still tried to type : hi : which makes me happy, because that means my SD-1 habits haven't been replaced yet! :smiley:)
[post="1071281"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
Cloudy and cold! I'd heard it was going to be near 60, so I wore a sweatshirt (it's my uniform :rolleyes: ) and froze!

Sadly, back at SD-1, I've typed :eek:ldhi : instead of :hi : twice already. :(

tredder said:
You finished it?  Now you, 5x5 and I can discuss it.  :D  Or, we can wait until Phillica reads it... even better!  :smiley:  You don't have to rush on The Kite Runner - there's no due date.  The H<o>me Lending Library is very accomodating.  :P

ETA:  Come to think of it - Phillica, if you'd like to borrow The Curious Incident..., you're welcome to.  Maybe Prime could even send it to you directly.
[post="1071284"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Yay! Great idea! Want me to do that Phil? I can get it out today!

I must vent.
We have this new guy inputting timesheets every week. He was very obnoxious about them coming in early this week (I handle about 100 of them every week and bring them down) and some people didn't turn them in, so I had to wait a while. He told my coworker in a very rude way to just bring down what we had. So I walked down there and he wasn't there. Instead of putting them in his inbox on his door like I normally do, I put them in his chair because he was so anxious for them, I thought that it would be helpful. Well a minute later my coworker gets an email saying "In the future please put timesheets in the door instead of in my chair." What a petty thing to be upset about. (I know he is upset, because he gives people attitude about everything small.) So she forwarded the email to me, thinking it was funny.. But it wasn't her fault. So I emailed him back and said, "That was my fault. I'm sure the timesheets in your chair really threw you off. I thought you would like that better because you were so anxious to have them. Sorry. It won't happen ever again." That is as snotty as I felt I could sound without getting in trouble if someone else read it. :angry: So we're all having a good laugh about it on this end. And I know I am very immature for even responding. But why do people have to feel like they can have such an attitude problem and be so dramatic like that? As if it made any difference where the stupid timesheets were placed. His door is 10 feet from his chair. But now I feel better. Thanks.

5x5 I'm sure you messed up :hi : because you are juggling two threads now, and can't just be consistent. I'm sure you haven't lost any SD-1 habits :smiley: (not to make it sound like this huge concern. :lol:smiley:

Howdy, peeps!!

:eek:ldhi: 5x5

:eek:ldhi: tredder

:eek:ldhi: prime47

:eek:ldhi: mellybelly

:eek:ldhi: nsspense

:eek:ldhi: phillica78

Hope all are doing very well. :D

:eek:ldhi: Seeker! I am doing well... how about yourself and Mrs. Seeker?

Some people sure can be petty, Nsspense... :console:... You're a sweetheart... I'm sure my response would have been a bit sharper. :P

ETA: I just read back a few posts - is everything okay, Sally? :hug: Are you feeling lonely for :love: ?
[post="1071253"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
[/quote]
...yup....and it becomes worse when i hear the lonliness in his voice...he is in Colorado now and it breaks my heart not haviong anything to say or do that would make him feel better...he is a strong one though i am sure he will be better once he gets back to studying and start feeling like he is accomlishing something...

phillica78 said:
really? really really?
:hug:

i'll pm you my address if that's ok.
[post="1071309"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Really really! :lol: And I still have your address! I'll bring it to the post office when I pick up the wee-Primes from school!

prime47 said:
Really really! :lol: And I still have your address! I'll bring it to the post office when I pick up the wee-Primes from school!
[post="1071317"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

thanks! to you and tredder!

:woot:

~sally~ said:
...yup....and it becomes worse when i hear the lonliness in his voice...he is in Colorado now and it breaks my heart not haviong anything to say or do that would make him feel better...he is a strong one though i am sure he will be better once he gets back to studying and start feeling like he is accomlishing something...
[post="1071314"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
He's in Colorado? that means there are two :love: :love: in Colorado!
I'm sorry sally :( It is hard to hear someone you love be sad... I bet that you are helping him more than you know, just by being you--because he loves you!

prime47 said:
:eek:ldhi: Seeker! I am doing well... how about yourself and Mrs. Seeker?

Some people sure can be petty, Nsspense... :console:... You're a sweetheart... I'm sure my response would have been a bit sharper. :P
[post="1071312"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

We are both doing well, prime, although the fetching Mrs Seeker says she is beginning to dread the "Christmas Shopping Burden." :thinking: Never know what is right for each of the [grown] kids, and hate fighting the traffic and crowds to find it! :blink: :banghead: :help: :Ponder:

nsspense- I can empatize. I know people can get petty in other places, too, but it seems to be a mandatory personality trait in too many mid-level, self-important people in the DC area. One of the reasons I moved away from there. :( :P ;)

Good Luck!
:smooch:

*pout*

I want someone to send me something.

*sniffle*

I have my detailed instructions of how to make the scarecrow typed up, I'm gonna post them here so anyone who wants to can read through them and tell me if they make sense. There might be errors cuz I have yet to read through them myself.

1. Pick out a piece of paper to make the body of the scarecrow
2. Take the black piece that is labeled 1 and place it on the paper you chose
3. Take a crayon and trace around the body shape
4. Cut around the line you just traced
5. Select a second piece of paper to make the pants of the scarecrow
6. Take the black piece that is labeled 3 and place it on the paper you chose
7. Take a crayon and trace around the pant shape
8. Cut around the line you just traced
9. Select a third piece of paper to make the shirt of the scarecrow
10. Take the black piece that is labeled 2 and place it on the paper you chose
11. Take a crayon and trace around the shirt shape
12. Cut around the line you just traced
13. Select a final piece of paper to make the hat of the scarecrow
14. Take the black piece that is labeled 4 and place it on the paper you chose
15. Take a crayon and trace around the hat shape
16. Cut around the line you just traced
17. Throw away all the scraps from the pieces you cut
18. Set all the black pieces of paper off to the side
19. Take your shirt piece and lay it in place on the body
20. Take a pencil and trace a light line on the body by the neck and the arms
21. Take the pants piece and lay it in place on the body
22. Take a pencil and trace a light line on the body where the pants end by the feet
23. Remove the pants and the shirt and set them aside
24. Take 5 pieces of raffia and place them across the neck line so that about a quarter of an inch is below the line you drew
25. Use tape to secure the pieces of raffia to the scarecrow body (be sure to keep the tape below the pencil line)
26. Take 5 pieces of raffia and place them across the line on the arm on your left side so that about a quarter of an inch is on the right side of the line
27. Use tape to secure the pieces of raffia to the scarecrow body (be sure to keep the tape on the right side of the line)
28. Repeat steps 26 & 27 for the other arm
29. Take 6 pieces of raffia and place them across the line on the leg of the body so that about a quarter of an inch is above the line you drew
30. Use tape to secure the pieces of raffia to the scarecrow body (be sure to keep the tape above the line)
31. Repeat steps 29 & 30 for the other leg
32. Cover the back side of the shirt with glue and place it on the body
33. Cover the back side of the pants with glue and place it on the body
34. Cover the top of the head with glue and place the hat on top of it
35. Use crayons to draw a face on the scarecrow and any other decorations on the clothes

seeker336 said:
nsspense- I can empatize. I know people can get petty in other places, too, but it seems to be a mandatory personality trait in too many mid-level, self-important people in the DC area. One of the reasons I moved away from there.  :(  :P  ;)
Good Luck!
:smooch:
[post="1071335"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
So people aren't like this everywhere?!!!!! :woot: I really hope it's just worse here... And I really hope I don't act like that.

nsspense said:
He's in Colorado? that means there are two :love: :love: in Colorado!
I'm sorry sally :( It is hard to hear someone you love be sad... I bet that you are helping him more than you know, just by being you--because he loves you!
[post="1071333"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

you are such a sweetheart..and he is one lucky fireman!!....and i didn't even realize they are both in the same state now...where in Colorado is he?...is it Denver?? if u don';t mind me asking here.. :thinking:

phillica78 said:
thanks! to you and tredder!

:woot:
[post="1071321"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Yay!!! The H<o>me Lending Library adds a new member!! :number1:

Thank you, Prime, and you're welcome, Phil! :D

Melly, the scarecrow sounds cute! The only suggestion I have is that, without actually seeing the supplies you've put together, I was confused by "the black piece". Maybe call it "the pattern piece", instead. I'd be happy to send you stuff, btw, so don't pout - what would you like?

~sally~ said:
you are such a sweetheart..and he is one lucky fireman!!....and i didn't even realize they are both in the same state now...where in Colorado is he?...is it Denver?? if u don';t mind me asking here.. :thinking:
[post="1071351"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
well I think I've already given that info away, because I keep talking to Talula about denver, which is where she is.. so yeah :smiley:

eta- I have more posts than mel. :blink:
by the way, I think the scarecrow is great!

tredder said:
Melly, the scarecrow sounds cute!  The only suggestion I have is that, without actually seeing the supplies you've put together, I was confused by "the black piece".  Maybe call it "the pattern piece", instead.  I'd be happy to send you stuff, btw, so don't pout - what would you like?
I don't know, I was just feelin' left out. *looks down*

All my pattern pieces are black and they'll have those while they follow the steps to do the project. Do you still think I should change the wording?

AWW..so iswhere :throb: is....well only till sunday..then he moves somewhere nearer to the hospital he is gonna work at...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back