SD-1 Refugees #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
talula62 said:
I don't know if I'll ever be like that with anything. My mom has this obsession, because she's a nurse recruiter that anywhere she goes she must read the want ads and see how their hospitals advertise. My uncle, who is an EMT, and my sister, who will be a radiology tech and works in the ER - are obsessed with seeing other city's hospitals. I guess I really, really like seeing other universities. I love to drive around on their campus and stuff. Maybe I'm more of an academic that I thought.

Cuz, I'd totally :love: to live in DC and it would be wild to meet people like you were talking about, nsspense - like Marshall or someone - who can't tell you about their job. Fascinating stuff.
[post="1091397"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
I know, let's trade cities! :woot:
DC is pretty nice :smiley: I enjoy it!

I think I like to know the history of a new place the most--what it used to be like and how it got the way it is and why. And the schools. And anything fun outdoors you can do there. :smiley:

eta-
But honestly, the typical thirty to forty-something Floridian has bleached blonde hair and brown leathery skin.
:blink: wierd.

If I sound like I'm rambling on as a way to avoid getting in a few necessary chores...well...I am. But now I must stop avoiding them. :hi:

nsspense said:
eta-
:blink: weird.
[post="1091402"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

I know! I will occasionally tell Mr. Waterlily someone's age, and he invariably says, "Really? I thought she was older than that." Which is sad, because these women are putting a lot of time and money into being tan and fake-blonde.

mellybelly said:
*nod*

I finished my big one yesterday, but I have 3 one page papers that are due today. I'm working on my third one right now, and then I need to edit them. I think the two I have done are too short, and the one I'm trying to do now...well I'm experiencing writers block. I'm just sitting there staring at the screen.

:eek:ldhi: :hug: How is talula today?
[post="1091400"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

I totally feel you on the writer's block. I have a seminar today that is actually :woot: our last seminar of the year!!! It's my last real class of the year!!! That's what happens when you go take a law class - they operate on a totally separate plane. :lol: Anyway, we have to read and respond to each other's term papers. Yick. And I get writer's block because I either think - oh, good paper, maybe add this or expand this section. Or I think - what is this pile of garbage in word form in front of my face? :lol: Okay, maybe that is a bit exaggerated but - so that's what I have to do today once I finish up my regular work. My job work. :smiley:

nsspense said:
I know, let's trade cities!  :woot:
DC is pretty nice :smiley: I enjoy it!
[post="1091402"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

I :throb: DC. I reeeeaaallly like it. I love history too and when a city is just overflowing with it, it's so great. When you visit, it's also relatively easy to get around. I feel like such a competent traveler when I'm there. Maybe we could do an exchange program. :lol:

Leeran said:
Woo! SD-1 now says that the boards are loaded and all that's left is to update the software.
[post="1091403"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Sweet!!! :smiley: And :eek:ldhi: :hug:

talula62 said:
I :throb: DC. I reeeeaaallly like it. I love history too and when a city is just overflowing with it, it's so great. When you visit, it's also relatively easy to get around. I feel like such a competent traveler when I'm there. Maybe we could do an exchange program. :lol:
[post="1091416"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
(y) good idea!
I think Denver would be absolutely perfect if it had all the Smithsonian museums located there. haha!

nsspense said:
what movie?
you're so brave!!  :lol:
[post="1091117"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

A french movie called "36, quai des Orfèvres". It's about a Police war in France, it's quite a good movie... :(

5x5 said:
:woot:  :woot: Yippee!  Maybe today?  :shocked: :shocked:  :woot:

In more  :woot: news, I just found out the job I've been waiting on has turned into 2 jobs!  I now have work through February!  :woot:
[post="1091194"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

:woot: :woot: Yipee for you and congrats :hug:

nsspense said:
:lol: We also got "McDonald's or Subway?" if there was no cereal or macarroni and cheese on those days :smiley:
[post="1091238"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

A french muslim tell that when his mother had nothing to make dinner she would come and say "it's surprise ramadan day"! :lol: (the ramadan is the month when muslims can't eat during the day" ;) )

waterlily said:
I live in exactly the same circumstances that your mom did back then!  Well, except for being red-headed, or living in Turkey, or being newly married, or it being the sixties.  But...you know...
[post="1091377"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

BWAH! :lol: :lol:

:eek:ldhi: everyone!

I gots a quick question I was hoping someone might know the answer to.

was unable to support both Michael and Kevin Fisher’s weights.

Should that be weight or weights?

:thinking:

A french muslim tell that when his mother had nothing to make dinner she would come and say "it's surprise ramadan day"!  (the ramadan is the month when muslims can't eat during the day"  )
:lol: I like that

nsspense said:
(y) good idea!
I think Denver would be absolutely perfect if it had all the Smithsonian museums located there. haha!
[post="1091435"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

I am bad because I haven't made it to a Denver museum yet. :doh: Sometime I will but of course they won't be Smithsonian-caliber. We have the Jolly Rancher factory somewhere around here though!!!! :lol:

:eek:ldhi: octoberfirst :hug:
:eek:ldhi: DGSE :hug:

nsspense said:
:lol: I like that
[post="1091450"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Yeah he's very very funny (i forgot to say that he is a comedian and an actor :rolleyes: ). His name is Jamel Debbouze, he plays a tiny part in the new movie of Spike Lee.. :D

:eek:ldhi: everyone! I am running off to class really quickly, but I am :woot: right now! I can't even breathe! I am jumping in circles and going the :happydance: right now! After 2 weeks of long hours and major stress with this :hmm: paper on Alias :banghead:, I got a 98/100!! :woot: Thanks for everyone who helped me out with it! :notworthy: Ok, running to class, but I am soooooo crazy excited :woot: :woot: :woot: ! :hi:

talula62 said:
I am bad because I haven't made it to a Denver museum yet. :doh: Sometime I will but of course they won't be Smithsonian-caliber. We have the Jolly Rancher factory somewhere around here though!!!! :lol:

:eek:ldhi: octoberfirst :hug:
:eek:ldhi: DGSE :hug:
[post="1091456"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
:lol: That is worth seeing!
There is a good firefighter museum in Denver I hear :whistle:

I just looked at my cell phone bill from last month online-I had already paid it, but I wanted to try and count up the minutes just to :fireman:. It was just under 3000 minutes-of calls I am sure were with him.. That's one month :blink: woah.
(all nights and weekends! thank goodness! :lol:smiley:

eta-why do I double post here more than at sd-1? Maybe I feel like the rules don't apply to me here.

Whoa - there's a firefighter musuem here???? Must....tell.....sister....for her :fireman:!!! There is one in Oklahoma City too that is very cool and a chunk of it has to do with the OKC bombing.

:eek:ldhi: seeker!!

:eek:ldhi: seeker :hug: Would you maybe be able to answer that question I asked about my sentence? :thinking: Cuz if you could, I have another one I wanted to ask....

talula62 said:
Whoa - there's a firefighter musuem here???? Must....tell.....sister....for her :fireman:!!! There is one in Oklahoma City too that is very cool and a chunk of it has to do with the OKC bombing.

[post="1091497"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
yep! it's supposed to be good, though I didn't get to go

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back