SD-1 Refugees #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
songofsongs said:
Oh! Is your concert on tonight, Mandy?
[post="1092162"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
Yes and I have a bio and math quiz tomorrow and I'm gonna have to find another time to do them on my own because we're performing for both high school and elementary school! :angry: :thud:

:lol: My friend and I just started talking today about how we're both failing grade 11 and how we both hate our lives. ;)

40 minutes and still no dinner. I think i'm gonna go poke my mom to cook faster now. ;)
--Mandy :angelic:

Har said:
Thank you too, Song.Hugs!1

Tredder- Lots of hugs right back at you. Any chance you will be passing through Merrick??????? Please!!!. Hugs!!

Har
[post="1092157"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

We still need to work out our schedule. Mr. Tredder's mom went into the hospital on Thanksgiving with a racing heartbeat. She's home now, but we want to spend some quiet time with her. His uncle in Connecticut has been in the hospital for a couple of months with some sort of rare, tropical pneumonia :blink: , so we'll be going there to visit him, too. I'll let you know if I can free up some time, though! I'd love to see you and 5x5 while I'm in the area!

tredder said:
Yay, Amy!  :lol:  Congratulations on the gift purchasing and wrapping!  I still have most of my gift shopping to do, and I'm completely uninspired!  Or, in the case of Mr. Tredder, I know exactly what I want to get him, but can't afford it!  :rolleyes:  Drat!
[post="1091949"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
I hate that! :( It seems to happen to me every year!

Aliasfix said:
I went through all my old Christmas cards too!  I have a bad habit, or maybe it's good, I don't know, of keeping all the cards from last year in a basket that gets packed up with the decorations.  Then when I pull them out the next year, I can go through all of them again - it's kind of fun!  But I realized I had cards and pictures from 3 years ago in there, so I sorted them all out, put the photos in my photo box (there's a project for another day! :P), and tossed the cards.  I've already gotten two Christmas cards for this year, so my basket is out, ready for more!

Which reminds me - we still need to get a family snapshot taken for our Christmas card, and I need to type up a letter to send out.  The 'Our year in a nutshell' letter!  Wouldn't be so bad if more exciting things happened to us during the year, but we're fairly boring, so making the letter interesting is tough!
[post="1091977"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
Amy, do you go through the cards so you can trim down your Christmas card list? I have to say, Mr 5x5 and I are both a little crazy when it comes to Christmas cards. We sent 125 last year. :blink: We both have large families and many friends! :lol:

DGSE-analyst said:
Fortunately i don't have to write cards... :rolleyes:  :lol:
[post="1092006"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
:shocked: Well, no, you don't have to...<span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'>but it's a nice way of remembering friends and family. </span>

tredder said:
I still need to get my Christmas card photo taken, too! :o_O:  Ours will be of one of the llamas, though.  :D  I really should have taken it before the rains set in.  :doh:

I love online shopping, too!  I don't like malls at the best of times, and I really hate them when they're crowded.  I try to go to some of the small, locally-owned shops, but that can be kind of hit-or-miss for gifts.  I think I'm going to go to the First Friday in Troutdale this Friday, and see whether I can find anything there.  I know I could find things I want, anyway!  :P  I'm still trying to coax Prime into coming with me.  Hey, it's only a six or seven hour drive!
[post="1092012"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
:woot: Yay! Your Christmas card sounds great! Sometime next week, we're going to take a lil 5x5 photo for the inside of our card. (Not everyone receives photos--those are for our A-list! :P )

Mr 5x5 makes our Christmas card every year. I am completely in love with this year's. :2love: :2love:

tredder said:
:eek:ldhi: Har!  I haven't been on at the same time as you for awhile!  :hug: for all the times I've missed you, and an extra :smooch: for today!

Mr. Tredder and I are going to be in your neck of the woods over the holidays!  :happydance:
[post="1092148"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
:happydance: :happydance: :happydance:

Har said:
Hey Amy , Mandy, Seeker. hugs!!

We won all 3 games at bowling today and are still in 1st place.

Har
[post="1092164"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
:woot: :number1: :woot: :number1: Yay!

tredder said:
We still need to work out our schedule.  Mr. Tredder's mom went into the hospital on Thanksgiving with a racing heartbeat.  She's home now, but we want to spend some quiet time with her.  His uncle in Connecticut has been in the hospital for a couple of months with some sort of rare, tropical pneumonia  :blink: , so we'll be going there to visit him, too.  I'll let you know if I can free up some time, though!  I'd love to see you and 5x5 while I'm in the area!
[post="1092172"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
I'd kinda love that a lot. :love:

:eek:ldhi: everyone!

tredder said:
:hi:  Melly and Nsspense!  I'm sort of envious that Melly can be in her pjs fifteen minutes before class and still (we hope) get to school on time!  :lol:  :lol:
[post="1091844"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
*sigh* I was 4 minutes late. But traffic was evil. I had to sit and wait, along with 5 other cars, while a child crossed the street (I understand that it's good to have the people who stand on the corners by schools and stop traffic so kids can get safetly across, but they still annoy me). I got there before my prof started doing anything though, so it wasn't bad.

5x5 said:
Good luck, Mel!  :smooch:

<span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'>(I don't know about the best... :blush: </span>)
[post="1091846"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
Thanks (she of course ended up picking the one that I was finishing up last minute and didn't really proof read to be the paper that she was going to do the comma check on *sigh* so I'm just gonna keep my fingers crossed and hope that it was okay. I suppose I could look over it on my computer now and see how many points I'll be losing)

And I know you are the best, so you'll just have to trust me on this. You might be the one who knows stuff, but I know stuff too.

I'm off to read page 148 and 149 now...can you do mulitple quotes from multiple pages? :thinking:

Thanks Song!! Tredder, please keep us posted. Maybe the Tredder's, the 5x5's and Har and Steve could all meet somewhere. That would be sooo cool!!

har

5x5 said:
:woot: Yay!  Your Christmas card sounds great!  Sometime next week, we're going to take a lil 5x5 photo for the inside of our card.  (Not everyone receives photos--those are for our A-list! :P )

<span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'>*fervently wishes that she was on the 5x5 A-list*</span>

Mr 5x5 makes our Christmas card every year.  I am completely in love with this year's.  :2love: :2love:

I wish I could do that! I can see things artistically, but I definitely can't translate them onto the page. :( The best I can do is take reasonably decent photos.

:happydance: :happydance: :happydance:
:woot:  :number1:  :woot: :number1:  Yay!
I'd kinda love that a lot.  :love:

I'm sure I'll manage something! ;)

Okay, all caught up now!!

:eek:ldhi: tredder :hug:

:eek:ldhi: song :hug:

:eek:ldhi: Mom :hug:

:eek:ldhi: 5x5 :hug:

:eek:ldhi: seeker :hug:

I'm so happy that I made it through this week. I know it's not over, but it'll be better from here. I just have psych tomorrow, which I really love going to. And then Friday I'm babysitting during the day so I'll get money ( :woot: ). And then the best part of all...is that my Sarah is coming to see me this weekend. She'll be here Friday night and is staying until Sunday (I think, we never actually discussed when she was going home, but we said she was coming for the weekend, so I'm assuming...) and hopefully my Mikey (her boyfriend) will come at least Friday night, he might have to work so I might not get to see him at all. But I'm really really hoping, cuz I haven't seen him since this summer.

I'll be around all night I do believe, but I'm gonna be working on decorating my room for Christmas, so I'll be popping in and out.

:eek:ldhi: everyone...

Just wanted to say that if i don't write cards for christmas it's b/c it's not a french tradition, nobody write cards here... :D

And i can't really participate in the gift purchasing discussion b/c i have no money to buy anything :rolleyes:

:hug:

mellybelly said:
And I know you are the best, so you'll just have to trust me on this. You might be the one who knows stuff, but I know stuff too.
I'm off to read page 148 and 149 now...can you do mulitple quotes from multiple pages? :thinking:
[post="1092201"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
:blush: <span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'>Thanks.</span> :blush:

And yes, you can! :lol: You know you can ask me any question about the multi-quote feature! :lol:

Har said:
Thanks Song!! Tredder, please keep us posted. Maybe the Tredder's, the 5x5's and Har and Steve could all meet somewhere. That would be sooo cool!!

har
[post="1092203"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
That would be so fun! :woot: :woot:

tredder said:
<span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'>*fervently wishes that she was on the 5x5 A-list*</span>
I wish I could do that!  I can see things artistically, but I definitely can't translate them onto the page.  :(  The best I can do is take reasonably decent photos.
I'm sure I'll manage something!  ;)
[post="1092218"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
You are definitely A-list! ;)

Mr 5x5 makes a black-and-white card and either paints them factory-style (a table covered in cards in rows, usually about 50 at a time: red, red, red, green, green, green... :lol: ) or he enlists my help to paint a few. Those make me nervous, though. :lol:

DGSE-analyst said:
:eek:ldhi: everyone...

Just wanted to say that if i don't write cards for christmas it's b/c it's not a french tradition, nobody write cards here... :D

And i can't really participate in the gift purchasing discussion b/c i have no money to buy anything :rolleyes:

:hug:
[post="1092224"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
Huh. I had no idea that Christmas cards aren't done in France. Any place else I should know about? :thinking: I know my friends in England send a holiday card every year but it could be because she's American. :confused:

5x5 said:
That would be so fun! :woot:  :woot:

Oh boy! The 5x5s, the Hars, and the Tredders do New York! :woot:

You are definitely A-list! ;)

Yippee! :happydance:

Mr 5x5 makes a black-and-white card and either paints them factory-style (a table covered in cards in rows, usually about 50 at a time: red, red, red, green, green, green... :lol: ) or he enlists my help to paint a few.  Those make me nervous, though. :lol:
[post="1092249"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

That sounds so cool! I'd be afraid to paint, too, though! :lol:

ETA:
Huh. I had no idea that Christmas cards aren't done in France. Any place else I should know about?  I know my friends in England send a holiday card every year but it could be because she's American.

My grandparents always sent Happy Christmas cards from England, so I think it must be tradition there. I get them from Hong Kong, too.

tredder said:
Oh boy!  The 5x5s, the Hars, and the Tredders do New York!  :woot:
[post="1092268"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
Doesn't anyone want to come see me? I've got cookies. Today I've been eating the peanut butter ones, with peanut butter cups in them. Actually cookies are all I've eaten today :bag: Maybe I'll make a pizza for dinner.

But back to my point...if anyone were to come to Stevens Point for Christmas, I could give you cookies. Lots of 'em. My mom isn't done with all her baking yet though. We don't even have the angel food candy yet, or the mint chocolate snappers...

tredder said:
Oh boy!  The 5x5s, the Hars, and the Tredders do New York!  :woot:
Yippee!  :happydance:
That sounds so cool!  I'd be afraid to paint, too, though!  :lol:

:woot: That is so cool for you!!!

And i would be afraid too... :lol:

tredder said:
My grandparents always sent Happy Christmas cards from England, so I think it must be tradition there.  I get them from Hong Kong, too.

It's quite logical: the US, Hong kong and Australia are former British colonies. And i think it's a british tradition... So of course Frenchs can't do it! :lol: :P

ETA: I didn't want to kill the thread... i'm sorry :group:

Continue the :chatchairs: please...

Seriously...I want to see the 5x5 Christmas card. Original artwork? That's fabulous. Me...I usually grab a few boxes from somewhere (depending on how late I'm getting around to sending them, it's the cute ones from the local gift shops if I'm on the ball, or the cutest I can find at wherever I'm buying milk or Tide or whatever just before Christmas).

BUT...I'm 99% done shopping. I've just got Mr. Waterlily, his partners, and his employees (which are like shopping for one person, because they'll get the same thing). Oh, and one niece, but I know what she wants, and I can easily acquire it. This has never happened by December 1st for me. Never! What's here is wrapped. The rest is still being shipped.

<span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'>edited because I'm a grammar disaster today</span>.

<span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'>Still editing. This time, to fix an error I didn't even know I've been making for the last three decades until I met someone who knows stuff.</span>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back