SD-1 Refugees #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just bought my sister-in-law's present! :woot: See? I've been productive today! :P Now, I need to find one for my brother, so he doesn't feel left out. :lol: Hmmm... what to get? :Ponder:

tredder said:
I just bought my sister-in-law's present!  :woot:   See?  I've been productive today!  :P  Now, I need to find one for my brother, so he doesn't feel left out.   :lol:   Hmmm... what to get?  :Ponder:
[post="1092351"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Llama fur socks? A llama fur throw? Llama sweater? The ultimate cop-out for shopping for the hard-to-shop-for relative: a gift certificate? Which is, incidentally, (have I told you this?) the number one item on my kindergartner's Christmas wish list. :blink: Specifically, he'd like a Target gift card.

Oh! I've got it! Llama art!!! Put paint on little Penny's hooves, and have her prance about a canvas. Frame it and...voila! (I threw in a little French because of DGSE being here. Poor guy always has to converse in his non-native tongue.) I'd hang it on my wall.

I have about 5 more gifts to get that are actual items that need to be purchased, and then I have to go buy 7 gift certificates! My older brother always wants a gift cert for his favorite bike store (then he takes them all and buys the big things he wants), my sis-in-law never knows what she wants, so gift cert for the mall for her, and their two boys want cash - both are saving to buy little motors for their scooters! :lol: Works for me! My younger bro gets a gift cert too - have I mentioned that both my brothers are difficult to shop for? :P Two more gift certs, probably for Target for my younger bro's teenaged foster kids, then waiting for ROTK Extended DVD to come out so I can buy that for my best friend, need a couple more things for my other sis-in-law, maybe something more for hubby's parents - and hey, I'm not as done as I thought I was. :o_O: LOL

waterlily said:
Llama fur socks?  A llama fur throw?  Llama sweater?

:hmm: Okay, that was pretty funny! :lol: :lol:

The ultimate cop-out for shopping for the hard-to-shop-for relative: a gift certificate?  Which is, incidentally, (have I told you this?)  the number one item on my kindergartner's Christmas wish list.   :blink: Specifically, he'd like a Target gift card.
[post="1092360"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

I may have to go with a gift certificate for my other brother... as far as I can tell, he doesn't actually have any interests anymore. :blink: The brother married to the sister-in-law with the newly found gift actually does have interests, though, so I should be able to find something he'll like.

Kindergarden Sprout (doesn't that sound like a type of doll?) is getting into consumerism awfully young, isn't he? What happened to wanting a truck, or a train set, for Christmas?

ETA: Llamas don't have hooves, silly!

ETA2: I really must go run errands. Talk to you all later! 🛴

waterlily said:
Llama fur socks?  A llama fur throw?  Llama sweater?  The ultimate cop-out for shopping for the hard-to-shop-for relative: a gift certificate?  Which is, incidentally, (have I told you this?)  the number one item on my kindergartner's Christmas wish list.  :blink: Specifically, he'd like a Target gift card.

Oh!  I've got it!  Llama art!!!  Put paint on little Penny's hoofs, and have her prance about a canvas.  Frame it and...voila! (I threw in a little French because of DGSE being here.  Poor guy always has to converse in his non-native tongue.)  I'd hang it on my wall.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

And thank you... :lol:

You know whose gifts are always difficult for me...my mom and mother-in-law. Because they don't need anything, and anything they want they buy themselves. So I'm left trying to come up with clever, thoughtful gifts that they'll appreciate but wouldn't think to buy themselves. It's my most dreaded shopping chore. My mother-in-law usually does the clever, thoughtful thing for us, too. But my mom gives us cash. And every year I want to tell her to buy something for herself with the money she'd otherwise give us, and consider it our gift to her. (She loves to buy for herself. It's her favorite hobby.) But she's pretty tempermental, so I always chicken out.

tredder said:
Kindergarden Sprout (doesn't that sound like a type of doll?) is getting into consumerism awfully young, isn't he?  What happened to wanting a truck, or a train set, for Christmas?

ETA:  Llamas don't have hooves, silly!

ETA2:  I really must go run errands.  Talk to you all later!  🛴
[post="1092368"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Shucks! You know what I did? I said paws, then deleted it and put hooves (actually I put hoofs, but we're not going to talk about that - I already admitted to being grammatically unsound today). They do have paws, don't they? :thinking: You know what? I'm gonna say feet.

Kindergarten Sprout loves trading cards, which I allow him to purchase about one out of every twenty Target visits. He'd like to have the flexibility to purchase them whenever he has the urge. Hence, the gift card.

I feel so awful right now.

:bag:

My twin just commented to me on a post that was written to me, that I somehow missed. I didn't mean to ignore it, honest. I just never saw them. So first I must offer up a big huge apology to 5x5 and tredder. I love you both so very much and I didn't mean to ignore your posts.

5x5 said:
Aww!  Mel!  I wouldn't have guessed you as shy, especially since I've seen photos of you and you're gorgeous! 

I used to be shy, many years ago, probably until I was about 12 or so.  I don't know what happened, but I am just not at all anymore.  I think I'm just too curious about other people! :lol: I am pretty much just as I am here, I think.  (I talk and talk and talk...) :rolleyes:
[post="1090123"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
:blush: Thank you so much. I don't know where you get the gorgeous from though. I dont' think I'm ugly, but I'm so not gorgeous. I am not the least bit shy around people that I know. Which is why you guys see the unshy, sometimes hyper/fun side of me.

tredder said:
Good work on your paper, Mellybel! :hug:

I used to be very shy, too, and I still have bouts of shyness occasionally.  :blush:  I have a very hard time with big parties at which I know only the hosts.  :o_O:  Most of the time, I'm okay one on one or in smaller groups, though. 👍  Anyway, I understand how you feel, Melly.  :console:
Thanks. :smooch:

And a big humungous thank you to my twin for point out this to me. :smooch: :hug:

mellybelly said:
:blush: Thank you so much. I don't know where you get the gorgeous from though. I dont' think I'm ugly, but I'm so not gorgeous. I am not the least bit shy around people that I know. Which is why you guys see the unshy, sometimes hyper/fun side of me.
And a big humungous thank you to my twin for point out this to me. :smooch: :hug:
[post="1092389"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
Oh. But she is gorgeous,ain't she?

:hug:

And...sometimes? No. Try always...

Welcome. :hug:

Thank you so much. I don't know where you get the gorgeous from though. I dont' think I'm ugly, but I'm so not gorgeous. I am not the least bit shy around people that I know. Which is why you guys see the unshy, sometimes hyper/fun side of me.

Actually, you are beautiful.

Sweetie said:
Oh.  But she is gorgeous,ain't she?

And...sometimes?  No.  Try always...

Welcome. :hug:
[post="1092392"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
Well of course my twin has to say that. *sigh*

waterlily said:
[post="1092393"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
:blush: That's sweet of you to say and all, but really, I don't know what you people are thinking....

DGSE-analyst said:
:baa: (y)
[post="1092400"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
Aww...shucks....I shouldn't have brought this up.

eta: I didn't mean to kill the thread. Please go back to talking about Christmas.

mellybelly said:
Well of course my twin has to say that. *sigh*
[post="1092405"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
And of course she means it. :hug:

I need to go, y'all. I meant to stay longer.

*pout*

I love you and hopefully we'll talk tonight!

: bye :

:eek:ldhi: Sweetie :hug: :throb: :smooch: :love:
:eek:ldhi: Melly :hug: So glad that your week has improved!
:eek:ldhi: Amy :hug:
:eek:ldhi: DGSE :hug:
:eek:ldhi: Waterlily :hug:

DGSE-analyst said:
:Just wanted to say that if i don't write cards for christmas it's b/c it's not a french tradition, nobody write cards here... :D
[post="1092224"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
:confused: I didn't know that. How ignorant am I?!

mellybelly said:
Doesn't anyone want to come see me? I've got cookies. Today I've been eating the peanut butter ones, with peanut butter cups in them. Actually cookies are all I've eaten today :bag: Maybe I'll make a pizza for dinner.

But back to my point...if anyone were to come to Stevens Point for Christmas, I could give you cookies. Lots of 'em. My mom isn't done with all her baking yet though. We don't even have the angel food candy yet, or the mint chocolate snappers...
[post="1092277"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
I'll come and visit one day, Mel.

waterlily said:
[post="1092393"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
:baa: Yes, Melly, you are.

ETA: :eek:ldhi: 5x5 :hug:
:eek:ldhi: seeker :hug:

Why is it when people talk to you, and they hear your whispery, scratchy, froggy, barely-there voice, and they ask if you're sidk, and you croak back to them, that yes, you have a cough - THEY CONTINUE TO ASK YOU QUESTIONS???? Dude - I. have. no. voice. :hmm: Deal with it! LOL

DGSE-analyst said:
:woot: That is so cool for you!!!

And i would be afraid too... :lol:
It's quite logical: the US, Hong kong and Australia are former British colonies. And i think it's a british tradition... So of course Frenchs can't do it! :lol:  :P

ETA: I didn't want to kill the thread... i'm sorry :group:

Continue the :chatchairs: please...
[post="1092295"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
:woot: I can't wait! I love Christmas and now I have even more to look forward to! :love:

waterlily said:
Seriously...I want to see the 5x5 Christmas card.  Original artwork?  That's fabulous.  Me...I usually grab a few boxes from somewhere (depending on how late I'm getting around to sending them, it's the cute ones from the local gift shops if I'm on the ball, or the cutest I can find at wherever I'm buying milk or Tide or whatever just before Christmas).

<span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'>edited because I'm a grammar disaster today</span>.

<span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'>Still editing.  This time, to fix an error I didn't even know I've been making for the last three decades until I met someone who knows stuff.</span>
[post="1092331"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
Well, then, you're going to have to send me your address, silly! :P

I'm hoping that you'll all learn from Waterlily's superb example and edit your posts. :lol:

Psst! Waterlily! It doesn't matter how many mistakes you make as long as you fix them! ;)

waterlily said:
Llama fur socks?  A llama fur throw?  Llama sweater?  The ultimate cop-out for shopping for the hard-to-shop-for relative: a gift certificate?  Which is, incidentally, (have I told you this?)  the number one item on my kindergartner's Christmas wish list.  :blink: Specifically, he'd like a Target gift card.

Oh!  I've got it!  Llama art!!!  Put paint on little Penny's hooves, and have her prance about a canvas.  Frame it and...voila! (I threw in a little French because of DGSE being here.  Poor guy always has to converse in his non-native tongue.)  I'd hang it on my wall.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

mellybelly said:
I feel so awful right now.

:bag:

My twin just commented to me on a post that was written to me, that I somehow missed. I didn't mean to ignore it, honest. I just never saw them. So first I must offer up a big huge apology to 5x5 and tredder. I love you both so very much and I didn't mean to ignore your posts.
[post="1092389"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
:hug: Mel! You are gorgeous! Don't you argue with me! :hmm:

:lol:

:eek:ldhi: everyone! I'm only here for a minute--"Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer" is almost on. Let's all say a prayer that I've figured out how to tape a show (*ahem* Lost! :woot: ) and watch TV at the same time.

songofsongs said:
:eek:ldhi: Melly :hug: So glad that your week has improved!

I'll come and visit one day, Mel.

:baa: Yes, Melly, you are.
[post="1092426"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
Thank you much for all three! :hug:

5x5 said:
:hug: Mel!  You are gorgeous!  Don't you argue with me! :hmm:

:lol:

:eek:ldhi: everyone!  I'm only here for a minute--"Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer" is almost on.  Let's all say a prayer that I've figured out how to tape a show (*ahem* Lost! :woot: ) and watch TV at the same time.
[post="1092436"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
Yes, m'am.

I'm off to go teach the baby the joy of Rudolph. I don't like it much, but my mom loves it.

See ya later.

:hi: 5x5 have fun with the VCR... :P
:hi: Melly

:eek:ldhi: Song :hug: You're not ignorant, silly! :lol: :lol:
:eek:ldhi: Amy :hug: so you still have that cold... :( :console:

How are you Song?

DGSE-analyst said:
:eek:ldhi: Amy :hug: so you still have that cold... :( :console:
[post="1092443"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Yes, unfortunately, and my voice is completely shot thanks to about 45 minutes of coughing around 3am. (n) I actually don't feel too bad during the day, and I cough a little, but nights are rough. All the coughing resulted in my waking with a barn burner of a headache this morning. I started my day with Advil, Sudafed and 2 cups of strong coffee! :P

I'm seriously considering stopping for my favorite cough remedy this evening. :rolleyes: Jagermeister. :angelic: LOL Seriously - it works far better than Nyquil, and dose for dose, it's probably cheaper! Tastes better anyway, and none of that artificial green or red color in the Jagermeister! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back