SD-1 Refugees #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ooh! I hope it's soon... well I should crash about now since I have to get up pretty early. It is getting late :P . Maybe we will have SD-1 by tomorrow or Friday? :woot: Let's hope so!

Yes, people tend to leave me because they forget that I am here :blush2: :lol:

Re: edit 2: Yes, I have my term paper due at 8 am about 10 mins away. Then I have class at 8 am back on campus and then I have lecture at the place 10 mins away and then I have to go negotiate the return of my car :hmm: my sister stole it from me. . .:lol: let's just say that it will be a long day. I will see you soon though! Maybe back at sd-1 ^_^

final edit :smiley:lol:smiley: : Good night! Sleep tight! Don't let the bed bugs bite! :smooch: and sweet dreams. . .of Alias and SD-1 :P
:hi: Prime

Good Morning Thread! :sun:
:eek:ldhi: mel! And soon enough I'm sure, 5x5 and prime and DGSE! The morning crowd is a tad predictable :smiley:

mellybelly said:
Doesn't anyone want to come see me? I've got cookies. Today I've been eating the peanut butter ones, with peanut butter cups in them. Actually cookies are all I've eaten today :bag: Maybe I'll make a pizza for dinner.

But back to my point...if anyone were to come to Stevens Point for Christmas, I could give you cookies. Lots of 'em. My mom isn't done with all her baking yet though. We don't even have the angel food candy yet, or the mint chocolate snappers...
[post="1092277"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

:lol: This just made me laugh for some reason. Mel is luring us to her house with cookies! Smart girl! :smiley:
5x5 said:
This is why I am so glad I am through with that part of my life...:whistle:

Btw, for anyone concerned about my taping situation--I did it!  :woot:  :woot: I have conquered my VCR!
[post="1092508"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

:woot: Congratulations! You need a certificate or something.
( :confused: though that sounds sarcastic, it's not. :smiley:) by the way, you have an email 5x5!
mystery_chick said:
:eek: YOU PLAY THE PICCOLO?!!! You're like the coolest person in the world! :hug: :smooch: *dances around* :lol:
--Mandy :angelic:
[post="1092610"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
I used to play the piccolo, can I be cool too? :thinking:
It was a long time ago, way back in early highschool. When I was 15. So that's... 8 years ago. :blink: wow. Anyways, I thought it was cute looking but I quit because I thought the guitar was cooler. :lol:

nsspense said:
:eek:ldhi: mel! And soon enough I'm sure, 5x5 and prime and DGSE! The morning crowd is a tad predictable :smiley:
:lol:  This just made me laugh for some reason. Mel is luring us to her house with cookies! Smart girl! :smiley:
[post="1093073"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
But they are really good cookies. I think I'll have some for breakfast in a minute.

Do you have any idea how crazy it is that I'm up right now? I woke up before 8 in the morning, and I don't have anywhere to go or anything to do. But this is thanks to my family. You see they frustrated me last night, so at about 8...I came in my room, shut my door and layed down in bed. I just layed there for awhile, but I think I feel asleep around 9. So yeah.

How are you this morning nsspense?

Good morning gang!

Mel - :eek:ldhi:
nsspense - :eek:ldhi:

I don't play any instruments anymore. :( I wish I had stuck with piano when I was a kid, and as an adult, I really wish I could play the violin. I've never even tried, but I wish I could! :Playmusic:

So we're discovering strange electrical problems in our house. :confused: Yesterday morning I got ready to dry my hair, and my dryer wouldn't work. I pushed all those buttons on the plug, nothing helped. Great. So I gave up and went to the other bathroom. Still nothing, and then I realized that my straightening iron wasn't on either. Hmmmm....so it's the outlets, not the appliances. So I check the breakers outside, nothing's tripped. What a pain. Well, hubby wasn't home, so I dried my hair in the living room - very difficult without a mirror!

Now this morning, hubby discovered that the ceiling fan in the living room doesn't work either. :blink: So apparently, the ceiling fan and the bathroom outlets are connected somehow, and I'm wondering how much this is going to cost to fix. And what caused it. I'm afraid it might have something to do with a critter messing with wires, which means maybe we have mice or rats in our attic. :hmm:

:eek:ldhi: Amy :hug: I'm sorry to hear about your electical problems :blink: it sounds kinda weird. I hope whatever it is, there's an easy fix for it.

:eek:ldhi: prime :hug: I've really been missing you lately. How are things at the house of prime?

I just want to give you all warning that I might be in and out of the thread and I might not respond right away.

mellybelly said:
But they are really good cookies. I think I'll have some for breakfast in a minute.

Do you have any idea how crazy it is that I'm up right now? I woke up before 8 in the morning, and I don't have anywhere to go or anything to do. But this is thanks to my family. You see they frustrated me last night, so at about 8...I came in my room, shut my door and layed down in bed. I just layed there for awhile, but I think I feel asleep around 9. So yeah.

How are you this morning nsspense?
[post="1093078"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
Mel, you probably needed the sleep if you fell asleep that early :hug:

cookies for breakfast (y)
I made cookies last night, and am tempted to eat some right now as a matter of fact. But I think I will have coffee instead. :yawn:
But I just ate the chocolate out of the Advent calendar that my boss gave me-I guess he thinks I'm 6 years old. :blink: It was nice of him though :smiley: And though I make fun of it, it's taped by my door so everyone can see it. Unfortuntely all the little messages inside the doors are in German. :blink: Any translators?

character49.gif
Good morning!
character49.gif
I hope Thursday is looking good for everyone!

Nsspense? ... a long time ago... when I was 15... 8 years ago. Hee. You make me laugh... and feel old. :lol: (And predictable. :lol:smiley: I love you anyway. :hug:

Melly... I'm glad you got a good night's sleep. :hug: And luring with cookies? Sounds like a plan that would work. :lol:

ETA: I've been missing you too, Melly. :smooch: Presently, things in the house of Prime are quiet, and should be that way for... oh, 7 more minutes. 'Til I wake the wee-Primes. :lol:

Aliasfix said:
I don't play any instruments anymore.  :(  I wish I had stuck with piano when I was a kid, and as an adult, I really wish I could play the violin.  I've never even tried, but I wish I could!  :Playmusic:
[post="1093091"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

I'm a violinist! You should learn, its fun! And its never too late. I work in a violin shop, I could hook you up with everything you would need... :lol:

nsspense said:
Mel, you probably needed the sleep if you fell asleep that early :hug:

cookies for breakfast  (y)
I made cookies last night, and am tempted to eat some right now as a matter of fact. But I think I will have coffee instead. :yawn:
But I just ate the chocolate out of the Advent calendar that my boss gave me-I guess he thinks I'm 6 years old. :blink: It was nice of him though :smiley: And though I make fun of it, it's taped by my door so everyone can see it. Unfortuntely all the little messages inside the doors are in German. :blink: Any translators?
[post="1093102"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
I would totally eat the cookies with my coffee! LOL Chocolate out of the Advent calendar is good too - that's the first thing my kiddo did when she got out of bed!

So, did anyone watch Lost last night! Holy smokes, what an episode!
octoberfirst said:
I'm a violinist!  You should learn, its fun!  And its never too late.  I work in a violin shop, I could hook you up with everything you would need... :lol:
[post="1093117"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
I remember reading that you worked in a violin shop - how cool! I would love to play, or at least take some lessons and give it a shot.

Hello? Did I kill the thread? :Paranoid:

:eek:ldhi: Amy! How are you feeling today? Lost last night? Freaky. Wow.

:eek:ldhi: DGSE! :hug: I'm caffeinating myself right now. Soon as that process is complete, all will be right with the world. :D How are you?

:eek:ldhi: Octoberfirst!

OK, I've just been informed that there's kitten... yuck... on the bathroom floor for me to clean up. The day begins!

ETA: Kitten yuck can wait! I have to say good morning to 5x5! :throb:
character49.gif
Good morning!
character49.gif
:hug:

:eek:ldhi: Thayna!

ETA2: Um, right. I have no idea where those guys came from.

ETA3: There we go... a place for every smilie, and every smilie in its place. :smiley:

prime47 said:
character49.gif
Good morning!
Nsspense? ... a long time ago... when I was 15... 8 years ago. Hee. You make me laugh... and feel old. :lol: (And predictable. :lol:smiley: I love you anyway. :hug:

[post="1093114"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
:lol: well, I don't want you to feel old, because you're not! It just seems funny that highschool is so distant. But thank God you love me anyway! :love: And I love you too! :love:

Aliasfix said:
I would totally eat the cookies with my coffee!  LOL  Chocolate out of the Advent calendar is good too - that's the first thing my kiddo did when she got out of bed! 

So, did anyone watch Lost last night!  Holy smokes, what an episode!

[post="1093119"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
Ok, I'll eat one cookie with my coffee :smiley:

Lost was great!!!!!

Ewwww kitten yuck. :ermm:

I'm feeling ok, and I think I've got a bit more voice today than yesterday. Less coughing during the night, but I did get up once to have another shot of my 'cough medicine'. :rolleyes:

Good morning, everyone! :eek:ldhi: :sun: Lil 5x5 and I slept in until after 9. :yawn: I'm so happy! :lol: How I love sleep!

AgentKiwi said:
:eek:ldhi: empty sleeping thread!

I just wanted to post about this house I saw coming home today from my teacher's house. It was the most decorated house I've ever seen for Christmas. On top, there was a Santa Claus, sleigh, and reindeers. On the lawn was a lighted train. On the porch, there was this arch thing that covered the whole door way with a big lighted wreath in the middle of the arch. And the rest of the house was covered with all different Christmas lights. There was also a Mickey Mouse Santa on the lawn. I think I'm forgetting something. Maybe when I remember my camera, I will take a picture of it and post it online.
[post="1092820"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
I love, love, love wacky Christmas light displays. :woot: There are several neighborhoods around Brooklyn that go absolutely crazy. I can't wait for next weekend--we're going to take a trip out to Bensonhurst and Bay Ridge to see a few. These neighborhoods are a lot more suburban than mine, so there are actual houses and yards to decorate.

There is a man in Staten Island who had an incredible display--it apparently cost him $15,000 in electricity every year. His neighbor complained and the man is no longer allowed to disturb the neighborhood with his display. So this year, he just bought a huge Grinch in a chimney and pointed it at his neighbor's house. It bellows out "You're a mean one, Mr. Grinch." :lol: :lol:

nsspense said:
:lol:  This just made me laugh for some reason. Mel is luring us to her house with cookies! Smart girl! :smiley:
:woot: Congratulations! You need a certificate or something.
( :confused: though that sounds sarcastic, it's not. :smiley:) by the way, you have an email 5x5!

[post="1093073"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
Here I am, predictably! :lol:

nsspense, you have an email. :smiley:

This morning, lil 5x5 asked for "that really special breakfast." :blink: I had no idea what she was talking about. Pancakes? No. French toast? No. I ran through all the cereal we have, no, no, no. Finally, I realized what she was talking about. Oatmeal. :lol: Bananas and cream oatmeal. :lol:

ETA: I want everyone to know how positively :woot: I am that prime :throb: took time out of kitten-yuck-cleaning to say :eek:ldhi: to me! :2love: :smooch: :love:

Aliasfix said:
I remember reading that you worked in a violin shop - how cool!  I would love to play, or at least take some lessons and give it a shot.

[post="1093119"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Well if you ever seriously look into it, let me know and I'll hook you up with some resources.

:eek:ldhi: prime
:eek:ldhi: 5x5
:eek:ldhi: nsspense
:eek:ldhi: DGSE
:eek:ldhi: melly
:eek:ldhi: Thayna

ETA: :eek:ldhi: WOS

Good Morning!
:eek:ldhi: Melly! :hug:
:eek:ldhi: 5x5! :hug:
:eek:ldhi: Nsspense! :hug: by the way you are very cool :cool: for playing the piccolo! Join the club, are you sure you want to be associated with us? :lol: I believe you will take over Mandy's position as being the "coolest" (but don't tell her that ;) )
:eek:ldhi: Prime! :hug: :smooch:
:eek:ldhi: DGSE! :hug:
:eek:ldhi: Amy! :hug:
:eek:ldhi: Thayna! :hug:
:eek:ldhi: octoberfirst! :hug:

Hope everyone is having a good morning (or day)! I am running off to turn in my paper, but I wanted to stop in for some hellos and Good mornings!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back