SD-1 Refugees #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
prime47 said:
Well, I'm at least 300 miles north of your uncle. And my outhouse has four walls. :P

Hmmm... I'd like a gingerbread man, please. :lol:
[post="1094911"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Aww, you can't take in the view while resting? :P

Ooh goodie! I was going to give you a gingerbread one in the spirit of the Holiday season! Here you go. . . cookies!. . .ok so those are dressed up in cloth and such so they don't look edible, but they are cute :D! Here is a real cookie. . . cookie!

:woot: :what: :confused: Guess what? I went searching for cookies on Google and guess what the number 10 picture was? guess! guess! :P

prime47 said:
I'm glad you had a good dinner! What did you have?
[post="1094916"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Sorry, I was making tea - thus, the delay in replying.

I had a ribeye steak, salad, and steamed veggies! Yum! I still have enough left over for another meal, though! :lol:

songofsongs said:
I must go... :cry: I love you all. :group: Prime, there will be email for you in the morning. :smooch:
[post="1094917"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Yay for e-mails! I hope you have a great day, Song. I love you, too. :smooch:

G'night, Sweetie! Sweet dreams! :hug:

ETA: Those gingerbread cookies are cute, Sark! :lol: So, I can have them AND the chocolate chip cookie? You're so generous! Tell... what was number 10?

Dear WatchOutSark, I need your assistance in explaining the photoelectric effect in terms of a vending machine that allows the output of those yummy Grandma's brand chocolate chocolate-chip cookies packages . . . but only dispenses the cookies in discrete quantized packets . . . and does not dispense a fractional cookie on being given a fractional amount of the expected price for the cookies . . . and only dispenses packets of cookies in integer values, instead of dispensing quantities of cookies as a direct linear function of the amount of money put into the vending machine . . . and, when the vending machine is fed a quantity of money that is 2 times the expected cost/price for cookies, the vending machine does not dispense cookies that are twice as big as the normal size of cookies, but instead dispenses two packages/quanta of cookies . . .

Physicists . . . and cookies . . .

a perfect combination . . . :lol:

(those poor classical physicists of the late 1800's did not have vending machines with chocolate chocolate-chip cookies packages in them so that they could understand the Photoelectric effect . . . no wonder they had difficulty with the concepts . . . maybe Albert Einstein and Max Planck's mommies or daddies baked cookies for their boys . . . )

prime47 said:
You've got mail!  ;)
*giggle*

I know!! It was so wonderful!!

I still have something for you, and I thought about sending it in a PM, but I think it's something the rest of the thread might enjoy too, and I want to post it for you when you are actually here....so maybe tomorrow afternoon, I'll be on for a bit then. After that I don't think I'll be here all weekend.

Good night thread!!

:eek:ldhi: Empty thread...

Where is the morning crew??? :thinking:

B/c all i hear is the sound of silence for the moment...

Hello darkness, my old friend,
I’ve come to talk with you again,
Because a vision softly creeping,
Left it’s seeds while I was sleeping,
And the vision that was planted in my brain
Still remains
Within the sound of silence.

In restless dreams I walked alone
Narrow streets of cobblestone,
’neath the halo of a street lamp,
I turned my collar to the cold and damp
When my eyes were stabbed by the flash of
A neon light
That split the night
And touched the sound of silence.

And in the naked light I saw
Ten thousand people, maybe more.
People talking without speaking,
People hearing without listening,
People writing songs that voices never share
And no one deared
Disturb the sound of silence.

Fools said i,you do not know
Silence like a cancer grows.
Hear my words that I might teach you,
Take my arms that I might reach you.
But my words like silent raindrops fell,
And echoed
In the wells of silence

And the people bowed and prayed
To the neon God they made.
And the sign flashed out it’s warning,
In the words that it was forming.
And the signs said, the words of the prophets
Are written on the subway walls
And tenement halls.
And whisper’d in the sounds of silence.

:lol: :lol:

ETA: Good songs make Nsspense appears... :lol:

:eek:ldhi: Nsspense :hug:

ETAA: it doesn't make her speak though... :confused:

ETAA: :eek:ldhi: Har :hug:
:eek:ldhi: 5x5 :hug:

unfortunately, now i have to go.... :byesad:

sorry DGSE!!! this woman who shares my office has been talking incessantly since I got here ;) She's nice, but is chatty this morning. haha!

:eek:ldhi: Good morning, empty thread! :sun: :sun: :sun:

I knew that our maintenance guy was coming to install a carbon monoxide monitor this morning, yet I lingered in bed until 8:50. Just as I was about to hop in the shower, he showed up. No big deal, I got dressed and he installed it. 2 minutes, tops.

Now, by NY state law, landlords must provide these monitors (of course, the deadline was, I believe, December 1. :rolleyes:). I had to sign a piece of paper saying I'd received it, fine, fine. Then I saw that my landlord is making us pay for the monitor! 👎

I called to ask about it and was given such a runaround, I gave up and wrote a check. I'm taking the monitor with us when we move. :hmm:

ETA: :eek:ldhi: Har, nsspense, Waterlily, and :moose:, who I am guessing is DGSE!

May I add that we were not even provided with a battery for the monitor? :blink: That's the quality of service we receive around here. Since they are required to provide the monitor, that's what they'll provide. No more. :angry:

tredder said:
I'm only here for a minute, while I warm up my feet!  Brrrr... my porch is cold today! :frozen:   I'm well on my way with one side of the porch railings, but the other side is looking a bit left out.  :lol:   Here's what I'm doing (because I know you're all dying to know  :P ) - we have an old farmhouse, built in the Victorian era, so that it has big porches with fancy railings and about a million spindles.  I've bought lots of cedar garland, which I've put on top of the hand rails, and then wound little clear lights through.  I've also bought some teeny-tiny icicle garland, which I'm hanging just under the edge of the railing, where icicles would naturally be.  From the porch's upper fancywork, I'm hanging little jelly jars with candles in them.  As you can tell, so far, I'm extremely pleased with myself!  :D   I still need to add some bows, and some berry sprays, but I love to decorate my house in the old-fashioned style for the holidays.  :happydance:
[post="1094345"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
wow! sounds really nice! Will you show us a picture when it's done? :thinking:

DGSE-analyst said:
Usually i have 2 or 3 things to do a week (which is not too much to remember for a normal human being :rolleyes: ) and i normally forget at least one... :bag: :bag: :lol:
[post="1094364"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Har said:
I must tell all of you students to  hang in there and wish you luck on your exams coming up. I know how stressed out all of you are.  Rob has 5 exams and 3 papers due in the next 2 weeks. Mike has finals and a 20 page draft for law review to do.(The paper will be 40 pages when it is completed in February.) Hugs and best wishes guys.
[post="1094398"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
Good luck to Mike on the 40 page paper--that is what I was doing my last semester of undergrad. I had to do a thesis to graduate with honors that was that long, and it's hard!

tredder said:
Yay for having a night off!  :happydance:  Well, sort of.  :P
I think, right now, that I like Lost better than Alias!  :shocked:  Of course, my last Alias exposure was season three, and I think most of you know how I felt about that. 👎
[post="1094499"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
You want to know something scary? My friend Ed, who is now hooked on Alias, has watched all three seasons (I created a monster!) and liked season 3 better than season 2! :blink: He said "it wasn't as girlie". :lol:

Good Morning thread!! :sun:
I have some pictures to share soon... :whistle:

<span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'>edited to adjust some things so my grammar doesn't make anyone cry.</span>

5x5 said:
I called to ask about it and was given such a runaround, I gave up and wrote a check.  I'm taking the monitor with us when we move.  :hmm:
[post="1095172"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

That doesn't sound right at all. If I were you, I'd simply deduct the cost from your next rent check, then give them the runaround. But I tend to be the type to get all worked up over matters of principle, and don't necessarily ever recommend my own courses of action.

My little Middle Sprout had tubes put in his ears this morning,and he's sad and not feeling well. :( He'll be having ice cream and root beer :blink: for breakfast when his stomach settles, which hopefully will help.

:eek:ldhi: (I almost forgot to say good morning.)

:woot: :woot: Photos! Yippee! :woot:

ETA: Waterlily, I'm so sorry about Middle Sprout! :console: :hug: I hope he's feeling better soon. :(

As for the landlord, part of the reason our rent is way below market around here is we simply don't complain. We fix things ourselves, stay neat, and don't complain. As a result, our rent is $300-400 less than a comparable place. :zipped:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back