SD-1 Refugees #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks 5x5, you are so good at that! :smiley:

Today is my anniversary. It is the day of the government customer Christmas party--last year after it was over I drove to four blockbusters to find Season 1 of Alias so I could start watching, and I loved it, and the rest is history. :lol:

nsspense said:
thanks 5x5, you are so good at that! :smiley:

Today is my anniversary. It is the day of the government customer Christmas party--last year after it was over I drove to four blockbusters to find Season 1 of Alias so I could start watching, and I loved it, and the rest is history. :lol:
[post="1095197"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

:lol: 5x5 should put the link in her signature. Happy Alias Anniversary! :lol: :lol: :lol:

In that case, 5x5, I can certainly see why you'd eat the cost of the detector.

Good Moring Everyone! :sun:

I'm just dropping by, I'm off today, so I'm on my way to the Championship Game. Wohoo!

Have a wonderful day everyone.

(And maybe just maybe, I can go home when I get back. I'll keep my fingers crossed.)

Lucy

Dear 5X5, :hug:, you might do an anonymous (or -moose :lol:smiley: mention to the neighborhood newsletter . . . to honestly but anonymously bad-mouth the management of this landlord. There might be a tenants' rights advocacy organization that you could mention this to. (And, yeah, do take the CO monitor with you when you move . . . ). In some states, there are tenants' rights laws that protect against retaliatory actions on the part of the landlord; if a tenant complains about something, and the landlord raises the rent or threatens to evict, the landlord is liable for triple damages if found to have acted in a retaliatory manner . . .
Oh, well . . .
You can also get sweet revenge by writing the character and his cheap petty management style into a story someday . . .

waterlily said:
My little Middle Sprout had tubes put in his ears this morning,and he's sad and not feeling well. :(  He'll be having ice cream and root beer  :blink:  for breakfast when his stomach settles, which hopefully will help.
Aww..poor guy.

Is he having them together...like a root beer float. Or just having ice cream to eat and then the root beer to drink?

I can't stay, I need to get ready and go babysit, but I had to stop in for my morning wake up session.

I was having the most wonderful dream, and I want to go back to it. I'm slowly forgeting parts of it. I hate that. It was really a nice dream.

29.gif
nsspense :hug:

29.gif
waterlily :hug:

29.gif
prime :hug: If you are here, then I could give you that thing I have for you....

I think he'll have the ice cream and root beer separately. He chose coffee ice cream, and i don't think that would make for a very tasty root beer float. :yuck:

They say you should keep a notepad and pen by your bedside so you can write down your sweet dreams before you forget them.

waterlily said:
I think he'll have the ice cream and root beer separately.  He chose coffee ice cream, and i don't think that would make for a very tasty root beer float. :yuck:

They say you should keep a notepad and pen by your bedside so you can write down your sweet dreams before you forget them.
[post="1095242"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
He likes coffee ice cream? :blink:

Yeah, I know that I should write my dreams down, but I'm lazy I guess.

29.gif
5x5 :hug:

character49.gif
Good morning, all!
character49.gif

Melly, you're so sweet! Sure! Yay! Thank you!(I'm doing a bit of running back and forth here... there's a major wee-Prime sock crisis going on... :o_O:)

mousemontana said:
Dear 5X5, :hug:, you might do an anonymous (or -moose :lol:smiley: mention to the neighborhood newsletter . . .  to honestly but anonymously bad-mouth the management of this landlord.  There might be a tenants' rights advocacy organization that you could mention this to.  (And, yeah, do take the CO monitor with you when you move . . . ).  In some states, there are tenants' rights laws that protect against retaliatory actions on the part of the landlord; if a tenant complains about something, and the landlord raises the rent or threatens to evict, the landlord is liable for triple damages if found to have acted in a retaliatory manner . . .
Oh, well . . .
You can also get sweet revenge by writing the character and his cheap petty management style into a story someday . . .
[post="1095219"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
:lol: I've done that already! :lol:

My landlord is definitely known around the neighborhood. He owns most of my block, as well as land on other blocks. He's been called a slumlord, but really, he's not that bad. He does like to move out families who have lived in his buildings for a while so he can renovate and hike rents. :hmm: We're sort of the inbetween wave--all the families who had lived here forever were on their way out when we moved in, and we paid almost double what they were paying. But the people moving in now pay a lot more than we do.

ETA: Has anyone seen my manners? :thinking:

:eek:ldhi: Melly, october, and prime! :throb: Oh no! A sock crisis! :lol:

prime47 said:
They weren't in the sock drawer! :lol: (OK, yeah, that was lame...) :eek:ldhi: 5x5! :throb:
[post="1095269"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
:lol: :lol: :lol: And yet...it still made me laugh! :throb: :eek:ldhi: Has the crisis been averted?

waterlily said:
Yep. It's his favorite.  Is that strange? :lol:
[post="1095264"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
at first the :lol: smilie didn't show up, and I thought to myself, "she's serious.. she doesn't think it's strange?!?"
most adults I know don't even like coffee icecream. But, Ben & Jerry's coffee heath bar icecream.. mmm... :fireman: once told me he'd never kiss me again if I ate that stuff. I decided to test the threat, and called his bluff. :lol:

I'm getting very hungry. Can 11:00 be lunchtime today? :thinking:

Any time can be lunchtime! Actually, I don't think it's strange! It's a long-standing family favorite. Even as a small child, I always ordered coffee ice cream at 21 flavors. And my mom usually got it, and my grandmother never got anything but. When I was little...like sippy cup little...my grandmother would put a coffee-milk-sugar mixture in my Tommy Tippy. So I think maybe we were programmed to like super sweet cold coffee stuff early. That wouldn't hold true for my little ones, though, because they haven't had real coffee. And Mason is the only coffee ice cream eater of the youngest generation. Of course, he's the kind of five year old who orders crab legs and grilled portabello sandwiches, even if pizza and hot dogs are on the menu. Maybe he is strange.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back