SD-1 Refugees #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
5x5 said:
How are you?  How's the reading coming along?
[post="1095288"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Page 524 of 667. :blink: I'm decent, just really, really tired. :asleep: How are you?

waterlily said:
Any time can be lunchtime!  Actually, I don't think it's strange!  It's a long-standing family favorite.  Even as a small child, I always ordered coffee ice cream at 21 flavors.  And my mom usually got it, and my grandmother never got anything but.  When I was little...like sippy cup little...my grandmother would put a coffee-milk-sugar mixture in my Tommy Tippy.  So I think maybe we were programmed to like super sweet cold coffee stuff early.  That wouldn't hold true for my little ones, though, because they haven't had real coffee.  And Mason is the only coffee ice cream eater of the youngest generation.  Of course, he's the kind of five year old who orders crab legs and grilled portabello sandwiches, even if pizza and hot dogs are on the menu.  Maybe he is strange.
[post="1095296"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
:lol: he sounds cute :smiley:

5x5 said:
:lol:  :lol:  :lol: And yet...it still made me laugh!  :throb: :eek:ldhi:  Has the crisis been averted?
[post="1095270"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Crisis resolved. :D

nsspense said:
at first the :lol: smilie didn't show up, and I thought to myself, "she's serious.. she doesn't think it's strange?!?"
most adults I know don't even like coffee icecream. But, Ben & Jerry's coffee heath bar icecream.. mmm... :fireman: once told me he'd never kiss me again if I ate that stuff. I decided to test the threat, and called his bluff. :lol:

I'm getting very hungry. Can 11:00 be lunchtime today? :thinking:
[post="1095273"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

You called his bluff, and... ? :lol:

Waterily, I hope Sprout feels better soon. :console: Lots of ear infections?
(And coffee ice cream immediately elicits from me: "Francie doesn't like coffee ice cream." "No she doesn't." "Drop the gun... DROP IT!" Segue into Best.Girlfight.Ever. But, y'know, that's just me.)

ETA: :eek:ldhi: Lise! :hug: :console: I hope you can get some rest!

:eek:ldhi: Har! :hug:

Mmm... portabello mushroom sandwiches... love 'em.

Gotta run... I hope every body has a great day! :hi:

LisE said:
Page 524 of 667.  :blink:  I'm decent, just really, really tired.   :asleep:  How are you?
[post="1095297"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
You're doing great! :woot: :woot: :hug:

prime47 said:
(And coffee ice cream immediately elicits from me: "Francie doesn't like coffee ice cream." "No she doesn't... drop the gun... DROP IT!" Segue into Best.Girlfight.Ever. But, y'know, that's just me.)
[post="1095301"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
I thought the same thing! :lol:

But--for Best.Girlfight.Ever. I think I'd have to vote for the Buffy/Faith fight in "Grad Day, Part 1." But, y'know, that's just me. ;)

ETA: Actually, Syd/Francie was Best.Girlfight.Ever. with fatalities. Buffy/Faith was Best.Girlfight.Ever. without fatalities. :lol:

And now, it's time for the great outdoors. See you all later! :hi:

Yeah, poor kid came with a bum ear. He had tubes when he was a baby, and we had a good couple of years after they fell out. But his left ear hasn't been clear in 8 months.

That's right! Coffee ice cream was the is-it-a-Francie-double test!

Every year, I buy the kids little ornaments that are either just cute or reflect an interest from that year. We hang them on the tree, but the plan is that they'll take them with them when they move on. I moved out of my mother's house with no ornaments. My tree looked boring for years. For the most part it still does, as I've mentioned. I was supposed to get all of my grandmother's old mercury glass ornaments after she died (because my mother is a very orderly person who prefers trees that have only red balls and silver bow, and my grandmother and I were unappreciative of that look, so she said I could have all of her old ornaments, which I loved) but my crazy aunt took the family photos and had Salvation Army come and cart every other last thing in the house away. So I don't have any of them.

But back to the point: I found the cutest little ornament for Middle Sprout, and I ordered it. But the online vendor from whom I ordered it looks a little iffy. So I can only hope I'll ever see it. No one else has it, except some ebay woman. And the iffy site is selling it (hopefully) for its original $10 price. I'm trying to photobucket it, so hang on. It's just perfect.

OK, here it is! But it's an ornament, not a figurine.

1102092557.jpg.gif

prime47 said:
Crisis resolved.  :D
You called his bluff, and... ? :lol:

Waterily, I hope Sprout feels better soon. :console: Lots of ear infections?
(And coffee ice cream immediately elicits from me: "Francie doesn't like coffee ice cream." "No she doesn't... drop the gun... DROP IT!" Segue into Best.Girlfight.Ever. But, y'know, that's just me.)

[post="1095301"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
I called his bluff and.... he was bluffing. ;)

And it's not just you, I thought of that fight, too, when waterlily mentioned coffee icecream! :lol:

waterlily, that's a really cute ornament! And from what you've told us, he'd love it!!!

Watch Out Sark said:
JOIN JOIN! You are allowed to be in the club :woot: Wanna know something funny? Well I have been doing musical theatre longer than playing the flute/piccolo and so when I auditioned for The Music Man I actually got a speaking roll and I couldn't play in the pit :cry:, but I actually got to play on stage :woot: Well, anyway. . .:hug: :smooch:
[post="1094446"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

mystery_chick said:
And of course you can join talula! :hug: I have never tried out for any musical. :mellow:
--Mandy :angelic:
[post="1094680"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

:woot: :groupwave: :woot:
Thanks, WOS!! :hug: ANd Thanks, Mandy!! :hug:

nsspense said:
thanks 5x5, you are so good at that! :smiley:

Today is my anniversary. It is the day of the government customer Christmas party--last year after it was over I drove to four blockbusters to find Season 1 of Alias so I could start watching, and I loved it, and the rest is history. :lol:
[post="1095197"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Wow!! :woot: Happy Anniversary!! :hug: And that's awesome you get to go to the Giants game!! I'm jealous. I just SO want to go to an NFL game. Broncos tickets are SO expensive and no one I know really wants to go for so much money. (n)

Anyway - :eek:ldhi: 5x5 and waterlily and - someone else is here right?? A :moose: Hope H<o>me is back up soon!! :hug:

Oh!! :woot: It's prime!!! I haven't seen you in a while!! :hug:

:eek:ldhi: talula, have you gone downtown and seen this building yet?? I think it's the government building or something? :blink: wow. we just laughed when we saw it get lit up! :smiley:
13272004606_0_ALB.jpg

eta-yes, thankfully I don't have to pay for the Giants ticket!
I've been to one game before--the dreaded marching band days.. my band played at halftime for a redskins game. I guess it was pretty cool, but man did I hate marching band. I quit shortly thereafter!

:hi: guys! Middle Sprout is apparently feeling much, much better, so I'm going to have to go institute some rowdiness control measures.

Yes nsspense!! I did see that last night. I went to dinner with my friend and her....dating....guy....:blink: Anyway, we took a roundabout way home to see some of the lights and I was like - :woot: that has to be the building nsspense was talking about!!!!

Yes - it is - um, :blink: odd. Not pretty. Very weird.

I LOVED marching band. :love: :throb: When I was in it we traveled all over the place and were really successful and it's quite competitive in Oklahoma, so, it was awesome. But, it was also what all of my friends decided to do. :hug:

See ya waterlily!!

:eek:ldhi: Har! How are ya??

talula62 said:
Yes nsspense!! I did see that last night. I went to dinner with my friend and her....dating....guy....:blink: Anyway, we took a roundabout way home to see some of the lights and I was like - :woot: that has to be the building nsspense was talking about!!!!

Yes - it is - um, :blink: odd. Not pretty. Very weird.

I LOVED marching band. :love: :throb: When I was in it we traveled all over the place and were really successful and it's quite competitive in Oklahoma, so, it was awesome. But, it was also what all of my friends decided to do. :hug:
[post="1095356"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
Yeah, we were forewarned that it would be gaudy, so that is good!
We waited forever to see it get lit, though, and so I got to go up to the capital building as well. And sit on the "one mile above sea level" step! :woot:

If I don't hop in the shower right now, I think I'll not be able to motivate today and I have quite a bit I need to do!! So......I'll stick around and be back in a bit!! :smiley:

👋 nsspense!!

Well, I'm not feeling very good again today. I was out of medicine yesterday and thought I'd be fine but I think I need to go get some more. Off to the store I go. Be back later!! :bye:

mystery_chick said:
awww everyone's leaving :(

:eek:ldhi: Prime!
--mandy :angelic:
[post="1095518"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

:eek:ldhi: Mandy! :hug: :smooch: I see you're using your special managerial super powers this morning! :lol: How are you? You got to sleep in, I hope?

:eek:ldhi: Dangerous_Agent!

:eek:ldhi: Melly! :hug: :smooch: Are you baby-sitting?

prime47 said:
:eek:ldhi: Mandy! :hug: :smooch: I see you're using your special managerial super powers this morning! :lol: How are you? You got to sleep in, I hope?

:eek:ldhi: Dangerous_Agent!
[post="1095535"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
:lol: oops sorry. Just got too excited that I saw you. :P Yes I did get to sleep in. 11 hours actually. A personal record I think. :lol:

mystery_chick said:
:lol: oops sorry. Just got too excited that I saw you. :P Yes I did get to sleep in. 11 hours actually. A personal record I think. :lol:
[post="1095544"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

With a compliment like that, I have to forgive you! :lol: Yay for sleeping in!

prime47 said:
With a compliment like that, I have to forgive you! :lol: Yay for sleeping in!
[post="1095548"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
:lol: :hug: You know you can't ever get angry with mandy :P

Three cheers for sleeping in! and guess what?! I can sleep in tomorrow too! The parade is at night tomorrow!!! :woot:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back