SD-1 Refugees #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
The board is really hating me. Let's try this one more time.

This is my post that got eaten earlier when I tried to post it before I left. Good thing I'm on to it, and I know how to copy it before it goes away.

mel said:
My dad sent me an email with a link to an article this morning. Here's the best part of it:

The fanfare surrounding Brett Favre’s 200th consecutive regular-season start Monday night has not ended.

On Saturday, ESPN Classic plans to devote seven hours of programming that it is calling “Classic Brett Favre.”

*giggle*

Ain't it grand?

I hate sock crisises prime. I hope it is worked out quickly. *shakes head*

I'll leave my something here for you, and I really need to be getting ready, cuz well I have to leave in less than a half hour. I'll be back in a few hours.

For my wonderful prime :smooch:
peanuts010.gif

waterlily said:
Every year, I buy the kids little ornaments that are either just cute or reflect an interest from that year.  We hang them on the tree, but the plan is that they'll take them with them when they move on.
My mom has done the same thing. Now that my sis and I are grown up, but still living at home, we each have our own ornament box, so that when we do move out and have our own tree we can just take the box with us. Plus it's always fun when we decorate the tree that I have my own ornaments to put on it. When I was little I would always dig through all the ornaments so I could just put mine up.

nsspense said:
:eek:ldhi: talula, have you gone downtown and seen this building yet?? I think it's the government building or something? :blink: wow. we just laughed when we saw it get lit up! :smiley:
13272004606_0_ALB.jpg
Why do you guys think it's so awful? :blush: I kinda like it. :bag: Although I do have a strange love for Christmas lights...

Well, mellybelly ( :eek:ldhi: by the way!! :hug: ) I think it's just too many colors going random on the building. I have a preference for white lights, too, but actually - I really think it looks worse in person. That picture actually is better than it really is, I think. :bag: :smiley:

:eek:ldhi: again prime and Mandy!! :hug:

talula62 said:
Well, mellybelly ( :eek:ldhi: by the way!! :hug: ) I think it's just too many colors going random on the building. I have a preference for white lights, too, but actually - I really think it looks worse in person. That picture actually is better than it really is, I think. :bag: :smiley:

:eek:ldhi: again prime and Mandy!! :hug:
[post="1095578"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
I bet I'd still like it. I might think it's a little wacko, but I bet I'd still like it.

I really want to clean out my car, so it can look all pretty if I end up driving my friends anywhere while they are here...but it's so cold outside, and this other part of my really wants to crawl under the covers for awhile until I have to go pick up the kids from school...

Talula! :eek:ldhi: It's good to see ya! :hug: :smooch:

Melly, I just love you! :love: Thank you! :smooch: Do we know where our Mel's gonna be tomorrow? :lol:

I've got stories for just about every Christmas ornament we own... and getting to tell those stories every year when we put the tree up is one of the best parts of Christmas for me.

ETA: :woot: It's 5x5! :throb: :smooch: How's your day been?

I need to clean my car out too mel. It is a mess. Not that untidy, really, but just dirty!! Well, the outside is dirty too b/c I haven't washed it since the snow. I really need to do that but I will do it tomorrow while I'm running errands. I think I'll do some Christmas shopping and some clothes shopping!! Tomorrow, I mean.

I get to drive home for Christmas instead of fly, which is good because 🐈 doesn't really like to fly all that much. She is more comfortable in the car. Hasn't been in the car for a year and a half!! Well, aside from trips to the airport!!

How are you today prime??

waterlily said:
But back to the point:  I found the cutest little ornament for Middle Sprout, and I ordered it.  But the online vendor from whom I ordered it looks a little iffy.  So I can only hope I'll ever see it.  No one else has it, except some ebay woman.  And the iffy site is selling it (hopefully) for its original $10 price.  I'm trying to photobucket it, so hang on.  It's just perfect.

OK, here it is!  But it's an ornament, not a figurine.

1102092557.jpg.gif
[post="1095306"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
I :love: it! I hope it works out--Middle Sprout will be so so excited!

prime47 said:
I've got stories for just about every Christmas ornament we own... and getting to tell those stories every year when we put the tree up is one of the best parts of Christmas for me.
[post="1095593"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
:throb: I love that, too. I just cannot wait to get our tree. I think Christmas fever has hit. :woot: :woot:

:eek:ldhi: talula, seeker , and prime! :throb: How are you guys?

Pretty good 5x5 (and :eek:ldhi: seeker :hug: ) - I got medicine at the store a little bit ago and low acid OJ and chicken soup and also some tomato and basil bisque. So, I will be treating myself again today and hope to feel better tomorrow!!

Big day tomorrow - my officemate's birthday party tomorrow night. A couple of big college football games on to be watched!! And I have a bit of a job interview. Of sorts. For a 10hr per week research assistantship off campus. I could really use the extra $$$$ because I need a new car!!

Howdy, Folks!!

:eek:ldhi: toxic karma
:eek:ldhi: prime47
:eek:ldhi: nsspense
and :eek:ldhi: to the :moose:

Checking as usual -- please continue the :chatchairs:

ETA: Additional greetings to syd&mike4eva, talula62, mystery_chick, and 5x5 :eek:ldhi:

:eek:ldhi: Seeker and syd&mike4eva!

I'm doing fine, Talula, thank you! I hope you're feeling better by tomorrow... good luck with the job interview! And have fun!

prime47 said:
Melly, I just love you! :love: Thank you! :smooch: Do we know where our Mel's gonna be tomorrow? :lol:
I love you too!! I'm glad you liked it. Although, now I miss your snowing Snoopy...I liked him.

What do you mean about where I'm gonna be? :confused:

Thanks prime!! I'm feeling good about it because when I emailed him about the position, I told him a lot about myself and my background relevant to the position. He said he'd be out of town until Thursday and I said, whoops, I'm leaving for the holidays that Thursday!!

He wrote back and told me he'd meet me for coffee tomorrow. Which is totally going out of his way. So, I think he was impressed by me so far and I think I have a good shot. I'll be competing with one of my closest friends though. We'll see what happens!!

Hey, :eek:ldhi: to syd&mike4eva!! And :poke: to you :moose: up there!! :hug:

:eek:ldhi: everyone! It's super-chilly here today! Brrr! My hands are frozen. :cold:
I know it's not cold compared to what you snowbound people get, but it's about 37 degrees and foggy, so that it's very clammy outside. At least I have a nice, warm dog on my right foot. :D

For Amy when she comes on. If you go to the Phantom of the Opera website they have this thing where you collect 4 notes from the phantom scatter through out the site (very easy to to actually) you can watch a clip from the movie ^_^ I think i just fell in love with it even more. :love: ;) anyways here. Hopefully it works for you. :smiley:

http://phantomthemovie.warnerbros.com/cmp/...p&settings=true

--Mandy :angelic:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back