SD-1 Refugees #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I not happy.

I keep getting rejected at job interviews.

I mean I think the interviews go okay and them oh we have gone with someone else!!

Why oh Why.

I was almost crying before.

This is the 3rd time it has happened to me :(

Runs away and cries.

It's okay to cry when that happens, dear Dani . . . job hunting is one of the most frustrating tasks that a person can do.

One way you might put yourself into a different mind-set when you go on interviews . . . think about that you are interviewing the companies you are considering . . . sort of like going on a date. You are also checking to see if the company fits what it is that you want to be doing.

Another way to think of interviews, is that you are practicing the task of doing an interview. So, for each interview, think of it as that you are doing this to do the skill of interviewing. Every interview experience will be different; and you are thus practicing getting more experience doing interviews!

Another way to think of it . . . kind of like going to the food-market and getting several boxes of different cereals that you've never eaten before; then you take home these several boxes and sample each of the cereal types. Each interview is like a new and different cereal to sample. (I always like food analogies :smiley: )

hello hello! Glad to clean out home away from H<o>me I see. :lol:

--Mandy :angelic:

Thanks for the advice Mouse.

I just got a telephone call about a receptionist at a Law Firm.

When I first started working many many years ago.

Okies 1996 not that long ago but I loveeeed working in this Law Firm. I was there for 3 years.

I think my bad luck is over.

Well I hope it is.

They say bad things happen in Three's so here's hoping it's all gone.

How come you don't have an avvy mouse? Just curious??

Hey Mandy :hi:

Hi Mandy!! :hug:

edited to add - I felt too shy to do either a signature or an avatar for a very long time. Over at SD-1.Net, I don't have an avatar either. However, last year about this time, when a friend of mine had died (he was only 40 years old, and he died of complications of type I diabetes); that I felt very sad. I made a signature of a song that was sung by Karen Carpenter, that had been composed by the songwriter Henry Mancini with lyrics that were written in a poem by his daughter Felice Mancini. Then, I added these lyrics over at SD-1.Net to make that my signature. If you've ever heard the song, it is very haunting.

Anyway, so this is the signature I have over at SD-1.net :

Sometimes ... not often enough ... we reflect upon the good things ...
And those thoughts always center around those we love ...
And I think about those people ... who mean so much to me ...
Who for so many years have made me ... so very happy ...
And I count ... the times I have forgotten ... to say ...
Thank you
And just how much I love them ... Felice Mancini

:hug:, dear Mandy!!

The Alias episode was just delicious!

I'm gonna go back h<o>me now . . . but it's nice to be back here in our h<o>me away from h<o>me, too!

See you two later over there! :hug: :hug:

mousemontana said:
:hug:, dear Mandy!!

The Alias episode was just delicious!
[post="1337048"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
indeed it was my dear, indeed it was. :smiley:
--mandy :angelic:

howdy!!! I've never heard of this!! (but of corse I've only been here for 5 mounths!) :hi: I'm SYD I think I know some of you but not most of u so hi!! :hide:
SYD

Hi SYD!! I'm mouse; my buddy is LiLStArLiTeDrEaM . . . and we play here and also at another major Alias message board SD-1.Net. We had to move in over here, though, a few months ago when our other home and h<o>me was under major renovations. AllAlias is a lovely place to hang out and visit and play, too! :smiley:

:hi: hewwo poople!
I'm on both AA and sd-1.net :thinking: cos they're both kwel :P
anyway I'm sooo bored right now I had t wake up at 6am to go to uni <_< and I was so late I thought going one hour late aaaand a friend called me :mellow: no uni before 10 am :banghead: I could have sleep 2 more hours! 2! *sighs* meh :ermm:

:lol: I'm in France for now <_<
doodoodoo 20 lil min and I gooo :drive:
just for da yummy teach 📖 , I wouldn't go if it wasn't him :angelic:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back