SD-1 Refugees

Luke47

Cadet
Sorry to make another, but I just got my account validated and I really wanted to "see" everyone from SD-1....I'm hoping all the problems are resolved. But I just wanted one more thread since I didn't get in on the last one...hehe

eta: If it's not as obvious as I'm thinking, my SD-1 username was Luke.

I haven't quite caught up yet with everything in the last thread, but I wanted to leave a big :hug: and :telepath: and 🙏 for Prime and her family. I hope your dad is doing better today!!

Belated Happy Birthday, Lindsey! 🎈

Congratulations on your WeightWatchers victories, Lucky!!

Many :hug: for Meloh and MelohDog. Meloh, has he been tested for heartworm? Your description of him makes me wonder. :Ponder:

It looks like I've missed some big happenings this week. :thinking: I'm walking into this cold, but I wanted to say that I'm very glad for ALL of my SD-1 friends and I'm really saddened that Mel, Amy or anyone else has been left feeling hurt or alienated by whatever happened. Many :group: for you all!

Okay, back to catch-up.

🛴

ETA: It's Lucky!! :veryexcited: Of course I'm watching, silly bee! :lol: Based on Wednesday's show, I'm really impressed with Lacey and Jesus.

thanks for the birthday wishes Tredder. Its nice to see you here.

Oh and I just wanted to ask if you guys knew Luke (not sure. he's never been in Annoy Like The Wind, I think)? if not, I'd like to introduce him and welcome him. I'm glad you found us over here, Luke. He's a writer and a member of The Distinctive Writer's Club

Welcome Luke :smiley:

Linds, I have MSN now. :smiley:

Omg, that flashing banner above the board. :blink: It was flashing bright green. :o_O:

Congratulations on your WeightWatchers victories, Lucky!!

ETA: It's Lucky!! :veryexcited: Of course I'm watching, silly bee! :lol: Based on Wednesday's show, I'm really impressed with Lacey and Jesus.

Thank you! :hug:

:lol: I thought you would be! I was really, really, really impressed with Lacey and Jesus. I don't always understand contemporary dance, but I thought it was amazing. I also really enjoyed Wade Robson's routine with the vagabond theme. And I loved Benji's performance on Thursday. :lovely:

Congrats on Homer being a daddy!! :woot: I second Nsspense's thoughts on pictures... :whistle:

I loved Wade's vagabond routine, too... especially that he chose music from The Triplets of Belleville. I wish Benji had kept his pants on, though. :rolleyes:

Lucky, yay for having figured out what you want to major and minor in! :number1: Will you still be at Portland State? I've been out of touch for a bit. :blush:

No, I will no longer be at Portland State. I absolutely love the big city setting, but the whole public school thing is causing problems. I don't feel like I'm learning anything and I want to be challenged. I'm actually heading back up to Puget Sound, but am making some changes so that it's a better experience this time around. Recently, though, there have been some developments on the boy front that make me want to stay at Portland State, but I know that in the long run UPS will be best for me. :lol:

Many :hug: for Meloh and MelohDog. Meloh, has he been tested for heartworm? Your description of him makes me wonder. :Ponder:
Thank you, tredder. :hug: No, he hasn't been tested for heartworm... or anything. He's never been to the vet since we've had him. :blush: Dad administers the necessary shots, so we usually don't take our dogs to the vet. And now, since he's never been in the back of a pick-up, we don't think we could get him down to a vet.

And really, at this point, I don't think a vet would do any good. Dad's going to the co-op tomorrow to get some medicine, but I really think it's probably too late. Especially if it is heartworm.

I'm so glad to see you, tredder! :hug: :smooch: And YAY for DaddyHomer! :w00t: You're all set now for the internet, right? You'll be around more often? :hopeful:

The house is coming together. There's still work to do, but at least we can live in it comfortably. :lol: I wish I had you and your cleaning/organizing mojo closer by, though! I'd far rather be outside all day than inside making my house perfect. Not that I don't want it to be perfect... it's just the work I'd rather avoid. :P

Mr. Tredder is well, but he's been seriously grumpy for the past couple of weeks. :Pinch: He's headed off to New York to visit his mom and sister next week and I'm hoping his mood improves before he leaves!

ETA: Rats! I'm having llama issues. I'll be back in a few minutes.

The house is coming together. There's still work to do, but at least we can live in it comfortably. :lol: I wish I had you and your cleaning/organizing mojo closer by, though! I'd far rather be outside all day than inside making my house perfect. Not that I don't want it to be perfect... it's just the work I'd rather avoid. :P

Mr. Tredder is well, but he's been seriously grumpy for the past couple of weeks. :Pinch: He's headed off to New York to visit his mom and sister next week and I'm hoping his mood improves before he leaves!

Seriously, I'd be there in a heartbeat if you were closer. :lol: How are away are you, anyway?

I hope his trip goes well and he's a happy Mr. Tredder! :lol: Health wise, he's doing okay though?

Hello to everyone who has come over from SD-1 - I am sorry to say I can't get onto that board anymore (PM me for details) but I am happy to catch with and talk with any friends I had there here.

:h ug: I tried to throw a sheep at you today on facebook but it wasn't taking. That's my favorite SuperPoke - throwing a sheep. :rot fl: But all those new toys they've got are sooooo wonky!! Did you know I watched all of Heroes? :w0 0t:

: ( That is really unfortunate and makes me sad. I know that everyone who has traditionally posted in this thread will absolutely agree that we do NOT mean to come off cold, by any means. We have had... "drama," for lack of a better term, find its way into our thread at sd-1 before and a majority of us had no real idea what was going on those other times. The way I see it, we just don't want anyone to associate this group of individuals with trouble or gossip or, excuse my French, felgercarb talking. Maybe that's naive or rude to think that we aren't really a part of the larger online-Alias group... Maybe we shouldn't care who might be offended because many of us DO absolutely realize that people we care about have been hurt... but at the same time... we really just want a place to spend time with the people we have grown to love and care about and KNOW inside and out throughout the last several years. We've spent alot of time and energy creating and maintaining a space for ourselves and we need to be careful that we don't lose that entirely.
:rotfl: yeah that is a fun one...and yes it is getting crazy with all the apps...there's not a point to 90 percnt of them :lol:...and you watched all of Heroes? awesome! addicting, isn't it?

well said, and personally I just wanted info...I think we ended up with more drama trying to avoid potential drama :lol:

The house is coming together. There's still work to do, but at least we can live in it comfortably. :

ETA: Rats! I'm having llama issues. I'll be back in a few minutes.
that's good! I can't wait to see what it looks like

I hope his mood lightens...maybe with summer it will get better, that seems to do it for me.

:lol: you're the only person I would expect to hear that from

ok, I would love to stay but I have a saturday seminar tomorrow and I have some homework to do for it...the joys of doctoral work :rolleyes: ...on the bright side I've been asked to co-author to articles and possibly a third and I'm editing a prof's book, so I'm getting some good experience already.

Well, I guess the llamas took a bit longer than I'd anticipated. :rolleyes:

Lucky, I live about three hours south of Portland, which isn't too far for an interesting boy, but probably a bit of a trek to help out with someone else's housecleaning. :lol: And Mr. Tredder is cranky but healthy. ;) I think he's going through an adjustment period right now. For almost ten years, he's been pretty much used to being in so much pain that he couldn't really do anything. Now, his pain level is hugely reduced, but he's finding that he still has the same physical limitations.

Drew, it sounds like your Doctoral program agrees with you! Congratulations on diving right in! :cheers:

🛴 :eek:ldhi:

I missed so much the last few days. :( I'll probably never catch-up because honestly I have no time. Life is crazy busy here since the parents and sister are leaving tomorrow night for Mexico and then I leave Monday night.

I'm still exhausted. Yesterday was so looooong. My mom and I hit such bad traffic on the 405, like ridiculous traffic. It tooks us over 2 hours to get from Santa Clarita to home and in light traffic it is about an hour. :Pinch: We couldn't take it anymore because we had been sitting in the car for 5 hours because we only stopped for lunch and then once for gas. So we get off and take surface streets and we were almost home free and there was a detour. :rolleyes: Today I had to get up an go to the dentist and then run some errands. I got a really cute dress for the renewal of the vows, but it needed a few adjustments. I haven't even unpacked yet which sucks because I need to unpack and re-pack for Mexico. And I'm tired, very tired. :yawn:

I need to transfer some more pics to my computer and go to bed.

:hi:

Back