SD-1 Refugees

*drops in*

Looky!
Jun 16, 2007 07:16:00 AM [my nearest town] Out for delivery

It's on it's way! :woot:

OK, gonna sort music now, as I never finished last night. I might even try and clean the bathroom now so it's done...

Oh and I want to start posting the fics I had on SD-1 here, as I miss ficcing (despite sometimes getting frustrated by it) :lol:

Luke - I knew of you on SD-1 :smiley: :eek:ldhi:

Lomeinie - I remember seeing you on SD-1, but I forget where - either fanfic, or something like the "recently read books/recently watched films", as those were pretty much the only places I went apart frm the Annoyers thread - Hi! :eek:ldhi: :smiley:

:hug: everyone!

Hello, i was reading and was going to quote people who had replied to me but once i had finished and was about to hit reply i discovered the thread had been closed minutes before rather annoying but i will do my best to remember everyone.
Firecracker you love Blackadder too !!!!!!!!! Its just brill, hmmmmm not a fan of the first series well it does have Brian Blessed in it so that does make it better. Oh but the final episode when run up the bank makes me cry, but the second and third are my fav its a tye really hugh laurie as the prince regent or miranda richardson as psychopathic queen elizabeth.... Like said a fan of crazy BBC shows, even if actress do leave after three season just when the show was brillant coughwireinthebloodcough.
Hello Linds ! lol
Hello Luke i knew you from sd-1 we talked in prayer thread.
A few other people said hello but i can't remember there names sorry but any way hello, i think i will re watch POTC1 i do love those films sad really.

Firecracker you love Blackadder too !!!!!!!!! Its just brill, hmmmmm not a fan of the first series well it does have Brian Blessed in it so that does make it better. Oh but the final episode when run up the bank makes me cry, but the second and third are my fav its a tye really hugh laurie as the prince regent or miranda richardson as psychopathic queen elizabeth.... Like said a fan of crazy BBC shows, even if actress do leave after three season just when the show was brillant coughwireinthebloodcough.

I do love Blackadder, yes :D. I like sarcastic Blackadder though, which is s2-4, not s1 where he was a bit of a twit!

Have you seen Spooks? It's a British spy show, based around MI5 (or is it MI6 :Ponder:smiley:. Worth watching, if you can get hold of it.

Right, Dixon (the new iPod) arrived, and I'm just gonna set him charging, while I create some playlists and do some cleaning and bits :smiley:

I do not like Spooks i have seen it, actually enjoyed it, but now refuse to watch it Herimone Norris left Wire in the Blood after three season to do Spooks, the point of the character development which she left mad me made i am huge fan of the books with WiTB is based off and of the show and the way it was left and the point they were at annoyed me so much. She should not have left should have done both argh.

Wow, logged in today and there is a brand new thread! :D My kids and I are watching the Cubs/Padres game and there was a huge fight earlier! :blink: Geez...behave! :P It's 92F/33.33C here. :Pinch:

prime, how is your dad doing? :hug: I'm looking forward to getting to know you more, too!

Meloh, how is melohdog doing today? :console:

Lucky! I know all about changing majors as I did it often enough. :P A Business/P.R. degree will be marketable in any urban area. I lived in So. Cal. many years ago and loved it... still miss it! Ask all you want about my kids! I have two boys and two girls: B-17, G-17, B-10, G-9. :smiley:

Hiya Firecracker - My sister's name is Helen! :hug: Croatia? I'm so jealous! My mom was born there and I've never been. I hope you're planning on bringing your camera and snapping loads of pics? Oh! Love that you name your equipment after Alias characters. :lol: Has Dixon arrived yet?

5x5 :eek:ldhi: Two little ones must keep you so busy! Boys, girls? I miss the toddler years. 😌 Wow, you're a writer! What kind of fiction do you write? Before I discovered fanfiction, I wrote humorous personal narratives, mostly about my family, and lots of short stories. One of my profs introduced me to a local author and she has been encouraging me to try chick lit. Where is that shrug emoticon? :lol:

Hey Tuga! I remember you, too, from the FNL board and the Favorite Lost game. Nice to see you here!

Hiya talula! Really nice to meet you! What are you studying/teaching? Brain melting, huh? :hug: How many cats do you have? We have one dog, an Irish terrier mix named Frodo.

Hi nsspense! Great to meet you! Congrats to your sister! 👍 Glad to hear your brother is feeling better. Your job sounds challenging and rewarding.

Luke :hi: I've seen you and Brandi over at the sd-1 temporary board. I registered the other day and it lets me log in, but it won't let me post. :( Would you be a sweetie and say hi to Brandi for me and tell her to come her and chat with us? Pretty please? :D

Hi to everyone I missed! :eek:ldhi: Enjoy your Saturday! :hug:

Hiya Firecracker - My sister's name is Helen! :hug: Croatia? I'm so jealous! My mom was born there and I've never been. I hope you're planning on bringing your camera and snapping loads of pics? Oh! Love that you name your equipment after Alias characters. :lol: Has Dixon arrived yet?

We have one dog, an Irish terrier mix named Frodo.

I think it's a safe bet I'll be taking a camera and taking lots of photos :lol: (I'm quite into photography, my camera is called Marshall). And yes, Dixon arrived today, I've put a playlist of Alias songs on there, and a small album with photos in (my favourites - it's a work in progress, but I've got 55 photos in there :lol:.

My laptop was called Sydney, but it's been prone to acting up and being weird and unpredictable, so I think it's more of a Sloane :lol:

:rotfl: I love that your dog is called Frodo!

Hiya talula! Really nice to meet you! What are you studying/teaching? Brain melting, huh? :hug: How many cats do you have? We have one dog, an Irish terrier mix named Frodo.
I'm studying sociology. Criminology, really, but I'm teaching field research methods. It's just an everyday class so it's like ALL I do these days! Prep, grade, read, prep, grade, read, etc etc. :o_O: I just have one cat. She's all I can handle! :lol: Well, as far as cats go. She could do another dog but I can't have one where I live now.

I hope you had a good Saturday too!

:hi: Everyone I Have no clue what went on at SD-1 and reading all the posts I don't think I want to :(

I mostly posted on the Supernatural/What are you listening to and Jensen/Daniel Craig Threads.

So just thought I would say HiHi and hope to see many of you around her more often :Ponder:

Hey everybody!! Man, it feels like forever since I had people to chat with! Luckily Luke kept me company over at the sd-1 temp boards. :D Hope everyone has had a good week. I wanted to thank everyone again for all the birthday wishes last week. It was really fun! My daughter is still talking about it! :lol: Well, I think I shall head to bed before too long, all my kids are sleeping so I should probably take advantage of that! :rolleyes: Boy, it must be the whole "I'm getting old" thing that is making me want to go to bed before midnight! :P Talk to you all later!!! 👋

(Oh boy, look at all the cool smilies!!! I can't wait to start posting more!!! 👍 )

Hello all,,
just finished another day at work, i have confirmation that civilization is declining based off the number of pies i sold on a Sunday !!! ARGH.
Oh well hope everyone is great and having fun with their weekend in the northern hemisphere and will have a great monday to the people living in the southern hemisphere

I think it's a safe bet I'll be taking a camera and taking lots of photos :lol: (I'm quite into photography, my camera is called Marshall).

:rotfl: I love that your dog is called Frodo!
Helen, what do you shoot with? My main camera is a 20-year old Nikon with an assortment of lenses. Film, I know, but it still does an amazing job whilst I dream about the D80. ^_^ Do you have Dixon all loaded now?

Yep, Frodo! :lol: The kids named him back in their LOTR-frenzied days. He's scruffy like a Hobbit, but actually more resembles Benji from the films.

I'm studying sociology. Criminology, really, but I'm teaching field research methods. It's just an everyday class so it's like ALL I do these days! Prep, grade, read, prep, grade, read, etc etc. :o_O: I just have one cat. She's all I can handle! :lol: Well, as far as cats go. She could do another dog but I can't have one where I live now.

I hope you had a good Saturday too!
Aww, talula. :hug: Criminology sounds fascinating! That class, however, sounds like so much work and I recall you saying that they don't pay much attention either. I give you a lot of credit.

I like cats and wish we could have one, but two of my kids have big allergies, so we stick with Frodo for now. Saturday was super hot here and Sunday is turning into a humid scorcher as well. Enjoy what's left of your weekend!

Hey beegurl! :hug: :eek:ldhi: I could see you and Luke posting at the temp board, but it wouldn't let new sign-ups post. :rolleyes: So glad you found your way over here! Don't you have another birthday coming up soon to countdown?

Hiya Dani! Hi Immy! Pie and the decline of civilization. :lol: Hope you have fun today, too.

Is anyone else melting in the heat today? :confused:

Helen, what do you shoot with? My main camera is a 20-year old Nikon with an assortment of lenses. Film, I know, but it still does an amazing job whilst I dream about the D80. ^_^ Do you have Dixon all loaded now?

Is anyone else melting in the heat today? :confused:

I've got a dSLR - Canon EOS 400D (y) I'd love to be able to shoot with a film SLR, but I don't have the technical knowledge to take good photos - even with digital, it's more trial and error, changing a setting, and thinking "Ooh, that worked", or "Hmm, too dark - let's change the light balance to shade" :lol:

No - dissolving in the rain though (n)

I've got a dSLR - Canon EOS 400D (y) I'd love to be able to shoot with a film SLR, but I don't have the technical knowledge to take good photos - even with digital, it's more trial and error, changing a setting, and thinking "Ooh, that worked", or "Hmm, too dark - let's change the light balance to shade" :lol:

No - dissolving in the rain though (n)
Oo! Nice camera! My digital is not an SLR, but it is great for everyday stuff. My dad's side job was photography, so he stuck a camera in my hand at a very young age and film was all that was available. I learned on a German Rolleiflex, medium format twin lens reflex, and had to manually set ss and f-stops, etc. :blink: Thank God for the digitals now! 👍

Send some of that rain here! It's been so dry, the grass is turning yellow. :(

Oo! Nice camera! My digital is not an SLR, but it is great for everyday stuff. My dad's side job was photography, so he stuck a camera in my hand at a very young age and film was all that was available. I learned on a German Rolleiflex, medium format twin lens reflex, and had to manually set ss and f-stops, etc. :blink: Thank God for the digitals now! 👍

Send some of that rain here! It's been so dry, the grass is turning yellow. :(

Wow, you had quite the photographic upbringing! :lovely: I remember having a point and shoot 35mm I borrowed from my parents, and then bought a cheapo 35mm one of my own, and moved onto a 35mm zoom.. wow, that was big for me! Then a point and shoot 5MP Hewlett-Packard digital camera, and now onto the big stuff.

I wish I had the technical knowledge though! I've read a bit, but I don't tend to take in the details if I read a book :(

I'll happily send the rain! Several places in England have had major flooding from this. We had our summer in April, I think - nice sunny days. May was either OK, or overcast and a bit miserable, most of June has been overcast or raining! (bar one scorcher of a day when I did a 5K charity walk and got sunburnt :rolleyes:).

ETA - I forgot to ask - did you take the photograph in your avatar? It's lovely! I love photographing flowers too, I have some I'm proud of now - a dandelion head (the white one), and a tulip-type flower.

And thank you for the fic review! :smooch: I'm glad you liked it!

Hey beegurl! :hug: :eek:ldhi: I could see you and Luke posting at the temp board, but it wouldn't let new sign-ups post. :rolleyes: So glad you found your way over here! Don't you have another birthday coming up soon to countdown?
Hi!! :D I wonder why it wasn't letting anyone new post? That's strange. I guess that explains why Luke and I were the only ones responding to anything! :lol:

I DO have another birthday to start counting down soon!! ;) Actually, my hubby's birthday is tomorrow (the 18th) so I will probably put up his pic in my avi but then next week on the 27th is my Bee-baby #3's birthday and he will be 7, so I will probably start counting down on the 20th? I will have to figure it out! :P I am so glad that I will be able to do it! He has been asking about it and I wasn't sure if it would work out. I hope no one minds... :thinking:

Well, dinner is about done and since it's Father's Day, I guess I should feed the father of my bee-babies! :rolleyes: :lol: I'll be back!!! :P

Hi!! :D I wonder why it wasn't letting anyone new post? That's strange. I guess that explains why Luke and I were the only ones responding to anything! :lol:

I DO have another birthday to start counting down soon!! ;) Actually, my hubby's birthday is tomorrow (the 18th) so I will probably put up his pic in my avi but then next week on the 27th is my Bee-baby #3's birthday and he will be 7, so I will probably start counting down on the 20th? I will have to figure it out! :P I am so glad that I will be able to do it! He has been asking about it and I wasn't sure if it would work out. I hope no one minds... :thinking:

Well, dinner is about done and since it's Father's Day, I guess I should feed the father of my bee-babies! :rolleyes: :lol: I'll be back!!! :P

Let me try to find an e-mail from the temp board to get a link to it, and I'll try to change that. I'm an admin on the temp.

ETA: It appears I've been demoted.

^^ Sorry about being demoted.
Hello,
I adore photography i took it in High School 35mm camera black and white and i develop my own pictures although i have just begun to do stuff with a digital camera which is fun because i can screw with the pictures on my laptop.
Its not father day until September in NZ which is funny because about every 3-4 years mum b-day and fathers day are the same day.

Back