SD-1 Refugees

Back to work, yippe :rolleyes:. And we have motion-sensor activated lights, but the cleaner switches them off at the wall and I can't see which switch it is, so I'm in the dark, bar my computer screen and TV screen - oh and because the TV was off and I switched it on, its now fuzzy and has lost the channel which shows all the Sky channels (it's like you using the Av1 channel for your DVD player) (n)

We have motion sensor lights at uni except they have go off mid way through a lecture and the room is plunged into darkness which is silly because the lecturer is walking around talking.

^ That's funny! I had the same thing happen to me in my classroom last Spring. The first time it happened I was alone in the room working on the computer and it freaked me out. :thinking: :blink: After that I just got to look like an idiot by waving my arms in the air, trying to get the sensor to see me. Sadly it never did until I got up and walked half way across the room. :rolleyes: Great security system... :lol:

yah with us mid lecture often with notes in our hand scribbling furiously we all stand up and walk backwards and the lights come on, we must look so silly a class room of students walking backwards while taking notes. For us its to save money so that the lights are not left when no one is actually using the room.....

So, anyone planning to see the new Transformers movie when it opens in a couple of weeks? My hubby says we might actually get to see it in a theater! :shocked: Apparently he's been waiting his whole life to see this movie! :lol: Plus that little cutie Shia LeBeauf is in it. I just love him, he's such a great little actor!! 👍

I'm looking forward to it like you wouldn't believe.

Written by two Alias writers.
Directed by Michael Bay.
Starring
Shia LaBeouf--Disturbia, A guide to recognizing your saints
Josh Duhamel--Las Vegas
Amaury Nolasco--Prison Break
Tyrese Gibson--2Fast 2Furious
Jon Voight--Pearl Harbor, Tomb Raider, Enemy of the State, etc.

^^ :lol: I'm excited about seeing it but is it maybe a guy thing to be THAT excited about it??? I mean I know my hubby wasn't super excited to see Josie and the Pussycats... :P I remember watching the cartoon when I was growing up but I guess I was more into the girlie cartoons and since I didn't play with the toys, the movie probably doesn't have as much excitement for me as it would for a child who did. Think that's true? :confused: I didn't realize it was written by 2 ALIAS writers. Now I am more interested... ;) And Josh Duhamel was on All My Children back in the day when I used to watch it. Oh, he was so bad!!! :sly: I am sure it will be amazing and great!! I really am looking forward to seeing it, and not just because we will be in a theater as opposed to the drive in! Although now I will have to keep the kiddies somewhat contained... :blink: :lol:

Oh, and Shia is pretty much amazing in anything he does. We used to watch him on Even Stevens on the Disney channel and it was really one of my favorite shows because of how great he was. Then seeing him in Holes and The Greatest Game Ever Played (I think it was) just confirmed for me how great he really is. I think he is gonna be huge someday!! I mean heck, he's only 21 and he's already won an Emmy for his role on Even Stevens. And he's gonna be in the next Indiana Jones movie. I don't know what he's gonna play but I am sure it will be really great! He's amazing!!! :D

Never saw Transformers or anything so i have no expectations about the film i might see it when it comes out on dvd. But the guy who played Spike was hot hmmmmmm now they may be a reason to go see it.

^^ :lol: I'm excited about seeing it but is it maybe a guy thing to be THAT excited about it??? I mean I know my hubby wasn't super excited to see Josie and the Pussycats... :P I remember watching the cartoon when I was growing up but I guess I was more into the girlie cartoons and since I didn't play with the toys, the movie probably doesn't have as much excitement for me as it would for a child who did. Think that's true? :confused: I didn't realize it was written by 2 ALIAS writers. Now I am more interested... ;) And Josh Duhamel was on All My Children back in the day when I used to watch it. Oh, he was so bad!!! :sly: I am sure it will be amazing and great!! I really am looking forward to seeing it, and not just because we will be in a theater as opposed to the drive in! Although now I will have to keep the kiddies somewhat contained... :blink: :lol:

Oh, and Shia is pretty much amazing in anything he does. We used to watch him on Even Stevens on the Disney channel and it was really one of my favorite shows because of how great he was. Then seeing him in Holes and The Greatest Game Ever Played (I think it was) just confirmed for me how great he really is. I think he is gonna be huge someday!! I mean heck, he's only 21 and he's already won an Emmy for his role on Even Stevens. And he's gonna be in the next Indiana Jones movie. I don't know what he's gonna play but I am sure it will be really great! He's amazing!!! :D

I hadn't even heard of Shia prior to Disturbia, but he did such a good job in it I was blown away.

Hey everyone! Nice to see some familiar faces (well, ok names!) over here!

So that was Shia in Disturbia. I remember seeing the ads and thinking hey isn't that Lewis from Even Stevens? I didn't realize that Transformers was written by 2 Alias writers. How cool, another movie to add to my must see list. OK, who am I kidding, my must rent list. The last movie I saw in a theatre (don't laugh) was Music & Lyrics!lol. Maybe now that it is summer it will be easier to get to the theatres and see some of these movies.

[quote name='B'Elanna Paris' post='1710026' date='Jun 19 2007, 11:50 AM']
Announcement regarding SD-1.
[/quote]
Thank you for the post, I don't think I would've noticed otherwise. Well I've sent my e-mail.

Wanted to say 'hey' to all other refugees!

"we'll find each other....we'll always find each other"

Reading the announcement will have to wait until I get home.

Glad to find so many of you here.

Back