Season 3 Discussion

AgentDesertRose

Tragic Romantic
This is weird. There's no Season 3 discussion thread. Well, I'm creating it then. We need a thread. We all need to rant and rave about teh show.

My thoughts-

3.01- Really good, although a bit predictable. But that's how teen soaps can be sometimes, lol. I loved it though how Trey actually survived, since that was totally unexpected (although I hate the guy). AND JULIEEEEEEEE. She really is evil sometimes, but luckily it worked out. It was a pretty good episode.

3.02- I didn't get to see all this because of some problems, but what I saw was pretty good. Although I did like the first episode better. It really sucked that Marissa and then Ryan got kicked out of Harbor High.

3.03 (tonight's ep)- REALLY GOOD. Now this is the OC for you. So good. Everything just flowed. It was so sad at parts (I cried), but amazing. That b*tch at Harbor (I don't know her name) needs to die. So does the Dean dude. But Seth and Summer...what they planned for Ryan and Marissa was so sweet. And the scne between Ryan/Marissa- BEAUTIFUL. I am definitely a Ryan/Marissa shipper now, it's terrible. It was so sad though that Jimmy was getting beat up at the same time. And random fact, Charlotte's a b*tch. Damn her. Anyways, great ep. One of the best I've ever seen of the OC.

I can't stand the new Dean. is it me, or does anyone else think he's screwing Taylor [i think that's her name] and Charlotte. Did anyone else catch that she took Kirsten's clothes and picture of her family? Yeah. I'm not sure about this season, but I'm glad that Marissa is poor, I can't stand her, so whatever can make her worse, the better.

Ok this thread has been like totally empty for like 2 months but i'll try and get it up and running again....

so OMG JOHNNY DIES!!!

wasn't that much of a shock hot guy but got really annoying the last few eps pissed me off a bit.... and the whole marissa getting invertigated is been there done that...

and OMG they BROKE UP ... AGAIN!!!!

And VOLCHACK is back yay!!!

I Like Saydi (sp?) think she's funky

Sumer's dad, Marissa's Mum ... bit weird, strange, and a bit mean ..... but funny...

Yes, finally someone else is interested in discussing the oc :smiley:

I don't think s3 is that a good season. First the whole Jeri Ryan thing (don't remember her characters name), and then Jonny. It's a new Oliver all over again, and has Marissa learned from her past misstakes? No no. Nnd now she´s drinking. Again.
She´s such a moping spoilt brat IMO.

I love that Seth and Summer still are together.
Some things are still the good old OC

I don't really like Season 3 much either, but some things are great. Some things I hate are:

-the whole Charlotte scheme
-Johnny... my gawd he sucked. Get a freaking haircut :P
-Marissa and Ryans on and off relationship... like cmon Marissa, make up your bloody mind!
-Taylors mom... though there was a scene were she was funny
-Sadie looks like a weird character that looks like shes gonna get with Ryan. I don't like that at all.

Some things I like are:
-Marissa's hair :lol: Its very pretty!
-Caitlin. She was interesting.
-Summer and Seth
-Taylor... she has some funny moments.
-Ryan and Marissa when they're actually happy which is like only a quarter of the time

I though Julie and Dr. Roberts was slightly odd but I am having a slight liking to it. Would definitely be interesting to see Summer and Marissa being stepsisters if that ever happens lol.

Well that's my two cents.

I guess what I miss most is irony and the distance of season 1. Cast and crew knew they were making another teenage rich kids soap, but they did it with a spark (I'm not sure Im using the right english expression here...) and that actually made the OC a good TV show.
That has gone most of the times, only moments remain. I hope it will get back.

I like Summers dad and Marissas mom together, they are hilarious, and they fit soo good togehter

Well after watching the latest ep... I think its the latest ep aired in America, ep 18?? I watched that and hot damn. That was one hot episode! And a pretty funny one too. I had to conceal my laughter since I live with people. Plus the added fact that I'm meant to be doing work. Lol. I think what I like and what I dislike has changed a lot because of this ep!

I get what you mean about Season 1. Hehe I think the expression is a "bang"...? :thinking: I'm not good with expressions, better with quotes.

On a new note, Volchok reminds me of Paul Walker... and Paul Walker... equals one very hot man. 🤤

So now´s Marissa doing cocaine... very mature.. Didn't she learn not to do drugs on the Tijuana-trip? Booooring.
I like tha Kirsten and Seth moments, it's usually mostly Sandy and the kids so it was a nice change.

What on earth are the writers doing with Seth, and his relationship with Summer?
We already had this big lying about the Brown interview thingy, and now they doing it all over again , Seth lying about getting in to Brown. Recycling, anybody? Come on, get some new ideas already.

Summer is the only one who's holiding up the series right now.
I loved her comment:
S: You know that movie about the gay guys on a mountain?
M: You mean Lord of the Rings?

That was hilarious!!

Season finale, anyone?????

I thought it was kind of a nice finale, some partings, some greatings, and of course the cliffhanger.
I have to admitt that I cried during the graduation ceremony :D . It was so nice, and can you belive that Ryan managed to gradute without any trouble on that day?
Not a big surprice to have a car crash as a season finale cliff hanger, which show hasn't done that? And why didn't he call 911 instead of just watching her slip away into unconciuosness? Stupid stupid Ryan. So you'd rather stay with her, cause she asks you to, and risk her life, than to leave her for a second to find one of your cellphones and get an ambulance there in time?
Well, nice episode anyway, great to have the Ryan/Seth/Marissa/Summer friendship back.

Oh, and by the way, I loved the Oliver reference.
It wasn't only a misstake for Marissa, it was also bad bad television!

Oh, and by the way, I loved the Oliver reference.
It wasn't only a misstake for Marissa, it was also bad bad television!

I've read an article with Mischa somewhere, where she talked about doing movies and so on, so I guess she really is dead.
When I saw the ending it never crossed my mind that she was actually going to die, I guess I have watched too much Alias.
But after reading that interview, I'm not so convinced that Marissa will live anymore...

To me it's going to be really different without marrissa, whether you liked her or not. I'm betting that next season they'll try squeezing a love interest for ryan as soon as they possibly can which will be weird to me. I have mixed emotions on the next season.

I can't even imagine watching the O.C. without one of the main characters. And the remaining characters are all going to be so sad... I hate watching people who are depressed and crying... it always makes me want to cry (n)

^^ :smiley:
I agree, if they stay sad forever I will stop watching. But I read somewhere that the show will pick up about six month after the crash, so maybe some wounds will have healed.

Now, some time later, I'm actually glad that they killed of Marissa. She's been doing stupid, deadly things since season one (drinking, doing drugs, running away and so on), and always bouncing back. Finally she had to pay. And it is kind of nice for a show to dare to kill off a main character, and not make her escape, AGAIN, from death, like almost all other shows, just because she's one of the main characters.

I kind of agree, i do like marissa, and i really dont think the show will be the same without her. I'm really not sure if it will be worth watching anymore

Back