SEASON 3 or SEASON 5?

So far, which of these two seasons do you like more?

• SEASON 3

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • SEASON 5

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • I don't know

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Recently, I've noticed that many people are comparing SEASON 5 to earlier seasons of Alias.

A few weeks ago, I started watching SEASON 3 again (mostly because my aunt borrowed my S3 DVD's for about a year, before I recently got them back). Anyway, while watching some of the S3 episodes, I started comparing them to the episodes we've seen this season.

I started trying to figure out, so far, which season (three or five) I like better. I still don't know which one I would choose!

Please tell me which Alias season you like better (so far): SEASON 3 or SEASON 5, and also give me other opinions you may have on this topic. Thank you.

-- Josh

It's gotta be 5. IMO it's more reminiscent of the first seasons, when it was more about Syd dealing with life, while in the CIA. While I liked the whole Syd/Vaughn relationship it became too prominent in Season 3 & 4.

i am clearly in the minority but i LOVED season 3. Season 2 was obviously my favourite and season 1 rocked. Season 4 was terrible, only the 1st, 5th, 7th and last episodes of season 4 were good.
SEASON 3 was phenomenal. I love when a couple is apart, but dying to be together. The entire season was about that. Season 4 was boring BECAUSE sydney and vaughn were together, all happy and felgercarb.
Lauren was a great foil, i was unbelievably shocked when she was revealed....
i don't think there is ANY comparison between season 3 and 5.
I miss Rambaldi. I don't care about Tom Grace and the new blondie.
Hope vaughn comes back soon. did anyone else here that this is the last season of alias? it better not be.

season 5 ... its been a continuation of season 4 ... great episodes and the story arc is still there ... while I dont say I didnt like season 3, because I did enjoy the season ... but I am sticking to season 5 ... and its gonna be good ... (y) (y)

Season 5!! I really like the new season. And i really think that it will end the way we want ;) And i like the new faces, specially Renèe :smiley:

i am clearly in the minority but i LOVED season 3. Season 2 was obviously my favourite and season 1 rocked. Season 4 was terrible, only the 1st, 5th, 7th and last episodes of season 4 were good.
SEASON 3 was phenomenal. I love when a couple is apart, but dying to be together. The entire season was about that. Season 4 was boring BECAUSE sydney and vaughn were together, all happy and felgercarb.
Hope vaughn comes back soon. did anyone else here that this is the last season of alias? it better not be.

Well, I really liked season 3, and I agree that 2 was the best and 1 rocked, but I think 4 was great too. Maybe even better than season 3. The first half of 4 was kinda untraditional, because the episodes were very stand-alone, with no this-will-take-the-whole-season-to-solve story, but the second half (eps 13-22) were a great and historical TV moment. OMG, after four years, questions dating back to the pilot episode were answered! Like, what is the red ball thingee for and what is Rambaldi's endgame! Finally, we learned these important things! Season 4 was a masterpiece.

BTW, I voted for season 5, because I don't know what to expect from it, and every minute of it is a surprise for me. I read some big plot spoilers before watching season 3 and then I wasn't surprised. But now, with season 5, I am very careful not to read anything. Also, I am from Europe, where season 5 isn't aired, so I am depending on bit torrents. Thus, I am even more thrilled, because I'm watching something everyone else will be waiting for a very long time...

I can't really compare the two because season 5 isn't over yet. But from what we have seen so far, it's a toss up. I loved the first 11 episodes of season 3. Up through Full Disclosure I thought the show was fantastic. During the second half of the season it lost some of it's momentum by focusing too much on Lauren being evil. So far I like season 5. The only episode I have been unhappy with is "Out of the Box." For me it all depends on how the second half of this season goes.

Well, the poll seems to be going very well, considering it isn't one-sided like I predicted.

Thank you to everyone who has voted and/or posted their opinions.

Keep those votes coming! :D

-- J<o>sh

i don't no, i didn't really like season 3 that much but it did have vaughn in it and season 5 is gd but there's no vaughn.... but if vaughn cums back season 5

Season 3 only because I really liked Sydney being so strong and the plot of her being gone for two years which was never freaking solved completely dammit!

Season 3, no doubt about it. Season 3 had so much drama with Syd having lost her memory and Vaughn and then all that with Lauren and the covenant mixed in. Everything was so exciting and surprising. Season 5 has been dull and seems to be repeating alot of earlier storylines.

wow ... 11 votes for Season 3 and 9 votes for season 5 ... thats very unusual, knowing how much people hated season 3 because of Lauren ... :thud:

I honestly like Season 3. I still haven't figure out why ppl didn't like it. But at the same time, I also like Season 5 thus far. Can't wait for it to come back in May 2006. Ohh..Sydney has to give birth!

I honestly like Season 3. I still haven't figure out why ppl didn't like it. But at the same time, I also like Season 5 thus far. Can't wait for it to come back in May 2006. Ohh..Sydney has to give birth!

I liked season 3 too ... but I am loving season 5 ... so far ... and it will be back in March 2006 ... ;)

wow ... 11 votes for Season 3 and 9 votes for season 5 ... thats very unusual, knowing how much people hated season 3 because of Lauren ... :thud:
That's kinda why I started this poll. I thought that it would be pretty even between S3 and S5, which it kind of is! I don't think I'd be really surprised either way, whether more people liked one over the other. It's more interesting than surprising!

-- Josh

I agree cimpletely with everything u just said. I also loved season three! It was so awesome how Sydney needed to find out what the hell happened and and then lauren was an awful person. Ya season two was definately my favourite and i also dont really care for the two new agents. And i am desperatly hoping for Vaughn back.

well i was gonna say i prefered season 3 more untill i saw the last 3 episodes of season 5, i mean has Sloane changed or not? it brings up all these questions

:bluehair:

Well all-over looking i thin'k that because season 5 it's final season and because the things or at least most of them will get it's answers.
But season 3 has also been very good and i don't see single season which has been bad.

I voted I don't know, because I really don't.

In season 3, I loved the missions, the S/V angst, bad Lauren, Lark, Sweiss friendship...
But I hated Lauren/Vaughn and the fact that Vaughn was such an a** towards Sydney.
Thinking back to the season, all I can see is grey really...:(

Season 5. A season without Vaughn and with new agents is not a good season. But I do love Renee and the fact that Syd's gonna have a child.

Back