Season 4 news

V

verdantheart

latest from zap2it:

New '24' Helps Ring In the New Year
(Wednesday, September 22 09:49 AM)

Champagne headaches will have only just worn off and the college football bowl games will still be going, but FOX has scheduled the premiere of the fourth season of "24" for Monday, Jan. 3, 2005.

The fourth longest day of Jack Bauer's (Kiefer Sutherland) life will start with a two-hour episode, as the Emmy-winning series begins a 24-episode run that won't be interrupted by repeats or preemptions (unless FOX unearths a couple "American Idol" specials that are just too pressing to keep on the shelf). After the two-hour episode, which will air from 8-10 p.m., the show will move into its regular Monday 9 p.m. ET time the following week (Jan. 10).

Fans of the show will recall that in the third season Jack helped the Counter Terrorist Unit stop a motley group of madmen from unleashing a deadly virus in Los Angeles. He also spent four or five episodes in Mexico doing virtually nothing and occasionally dealt with an addiction to heroin.

Season four, FOX reveals, will begin at 7 a.m. and will, once again, take place over the course of a single day. If you want the twists and turns of the season to be entirely fresh, you may want to turn away, but
CTU is now run by Erin Driscoll (Alberta Watson), an agent who fired Jack when she took over on the job. Jack is now working for the Secretary of Defense (William Devane) and dating his married daughter (Kim Raver), but after the explosion of a commuter train, Jack finds himself back at CTU.

The fate of the world, it seems, hangs in the balance.

The season also features Nestor Serrano ("The Day After Tomorrow") as Middle Eastern businessman and Oscar nominee Shohreh Aghdashloo ("The House of Sand and Fog") as his wife.
[casting spoilers]

The first three seasons of "24" all earned Emmy nominations for outstanding drama series.

yendys47 said:
argh...why do all these shows have to start on Jan.....
[post="1007862"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Well 24 is starting in January because they took a few pointers from Alias and decided that non-interrupted airing is the best way to go. And I agree with that for shows like 24 and Alias where the viewers really have to keep everything fresh in their mind before moving forward.

I'm late to the 24 phenomenom...but now I'm hooked...I watched the 1st and 2nd seasons this fall and I loved them both...

I heard the 3rd season wasn't the best, so I may just skip renting that and just start watching again in January...I hope it's as good as the seasons I've watched so far...

Actually, I thought season 3 was fairly strong. Well, the second half was, whereas the first half just seemed to float around. I'd suggest you watch this season because Michelle gets an especially strong storyline and you get some action which I think could be of movie calibre.

Honestly, if I were to skip a season, it would have been season 2. But, that's because the second half of it just seemed to flop around aimlessly and it's the end you remember the best. It had a strong beginning.

The latest from The Futon Critic:

The award-winning series 24 will kick off its fourth season of clock-stopping suspense with an explosive two-hour season premiere Sunday, Jan. 9 (8:00-10:00 PM ET/PT). This special Sunday-night broadcast will air on the same day as the NFC Wild Card game and 24's regular time period premiere will follow the next night - Monday, Jan. 10 (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT). The gripping drama will then unfold on a weekly basis without repeats or preemptions all the way to the heart-stopping season finale.

Last season, Jack Bauer (Kiefer Sutherland), who was in charge of a special field operations unit of the Counter Terrorist Unit, fought to stop a viral terrorism threat before it could kill millions of people. Season four begins 18 months later with the episode "Day 4: 7:00 am-8:00 am."
CTU is now headed by Erin Driscoll (Alberta Watson), a steely government agent who made firing Jack one of her first priorities upon taking over. After the explosion of a commuter train, Jack, who is now working for Secretary of Defense James Heller (William Devane) and is secretly romantically involved with Heller's married daughter, Audrey (Kim Raver), suddenly finds himself heading back to CTU for a meeting with Driscoll on Heller's behalf.

please note the date change!
:D

verdantheart said:
The latest from The Futon Critic:

please note the date change!
  :D
[post="1092209"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

awesome! I can't wait. I need to get ahold of the first three seasons and rewatch them before the 4th one starts. :D