Season 5 DVD & Complete Series DVD

Previous seasons 1-4: 24 DVDs; season 5: 4 DVDs; bonus extra 1 DVD: so 24+4+1= 29 DVDs

I tuely hope they will not punish these Alias fans who already own seasons 1-4. So please send them a letter (e-mail) to get the series set bonus extra to seasons 5 DVD set!

Hey gang,
Your BVHE insider again. We've all been thrilled to hear the feedback on the Complete Collection. I would expect no less passion from the true fans.

I've been intrigued by a number of people who feel that it is unfair or punishing to release a complete collection that is loaded with bonus as well as the most unbelievable packaging and presentation the TV on DVD industry has ever seen! Our take is that giving you LESS would be punishment. Can you imagine if we just stuck the discs in black amaray packaging bound together with shrink wrap?!

While I can tell you that the exclusive bonus content from the Complete Collection won't be included in Season 5, I can also assure you that the hours of bonus are amazing. When we presented it to the producers, they were literally speechless. No comments, no changes. That never happens!

We love to hear your takes on the release of the complete collection. When we were fighting tooth-and-nail to get the go ahead to do this limited edition release, we knew we had to come correct...the real fans wouldn't stand for something half-baked.

That's why you are getting the 28 discs with all the episodes, all the original bonus, all NEW bonus on a 29th disc (in a cleverly hidden compartment!), a hardcover book, and all of it in a replica of the genuine Rambaldi Box. If we did anything less, we'd be cheating you.

Join The Following and more will be revealed...

- Your BVHE Insider
www.RambaldiDVD.com

Hey gang,
Your BVHE insider again. We've all been thrilled to hear the feedback on the Complete Collection. I would expect no less passion from the true fans.

I've been intrigued by a number of people who feel that it is unfair or punishing to release a complete collection that is loaded with bonus as well as the most unbelievable packaging and presentation the TV on DVD industry has ever seen! Our take is that giving you LESS would be punishment. Can you imagine if we just stuck the discs in black amaray packaging bound together with shrink wrap?!

While I can tell you that the exclusive bonus content from the Complete Collection won't be included in Season 5, I can also assure you that the hours of bonus are amazing. When we presented it to the producers, they were literally speechless. No comments, no changes. That never happens!

We love to hear your takes on the release of the complete collection. When we were fighting tooth-and-nail to get the go ahead to do this limited edition release, we knew we had to come correct...the real fans wouldn't stand for something half-baked.

That's why you are getting the 28 discs with all the episodes, all the original bonus, all NEW bonus on a 29th disc (in a cleverly hidden compartment!), a hardcover book, and all of it in a replica of the genuine Rambaldi Box. If we did anything less, we'd be cheating you.

- Your BVHE Insider
www.RambaldiDVD.com

I don't mean any disrespect but you sound like you work at the Marketing Dept at BHVE. What most fans are saying is that as loyal fans they have most likely already bought Seasons 1-4 on DVD and now in order to get the 'bonus' DVD, they have to purchase the Complete Collection at a cost of anywhere from $130-$200 (depending on if you can find a sale). That means they would have a duplicate set of Seasons 1-4. I don't know about anyone else but I don't need 2 sets of the exact same DVD's.

If BHVE and the producers were truely interested in meeting the needs of the fans, they would offer the bonus CD in the Season 5 set as well is in the Complete Collection. This would satisfy the fans who already have all 4 seasons as well as those fans who don't have any.

The bottom line here is money.....Why would BHVE/the producers offer that bonus CD in a set that retails for about $40 when they can charge 3 or 4 times that for the special collection? As a fan I am insulted by just how greedy that is.

I'm sure everone can find a place to but their used dvds...that's what I plan on doing. That or ebay.

I'm actually annoyed by the complete set. Having been a fan since the beginning of the show and buying all the seperate sets now they are offering a collected version (fair enough) but with an exclusive disc and other bits and pieces.

I feel as though the support given by buying the sets when they were released is being ignored in favour of trying to squeeze more money out of us all. I know I can't afford this set, maybe I could sell my individual sets but to be honest now I'd be lucky to make enough to get anywhere near making the complete set economically sound.

I'd love that complete set, but unfortunately I will probably need to pass it over and the fact that it has exculsive content really annoys me. But maybe I'm the only one that feels this way...

Agreed. I have the first three seasons and I was planning on getting the fourth with the fifth. But then of course, I read about the complete boxset. It's so shiny and not even that expensive for five seasons. I could sell my DVDs on eBay, but I don't want to (my parents bought them all for me and yeah). I could sell them to my recently (season 4) Alias obsessed friend, since that would be okay, but I don't know. I just want the extra disc and book and even the box, but I find it stupid to pay more money for it. GAH.

nygal300 said:
I don't mean any disrespect but you sound like you work at the Marketing Dept at BHVE. What most fans are saying is that as loyal fans they have most likely already bought Seasons 1-4 on DVD and now in order to get the 'bonus' DVD, they have to purchase the Complete Collection at a cost of anywhere from $130-$200 (depending on if you can find a sale). That means they would have a duplicate set of Seasons 1-4. I don't know about anyone else but I don't need 2 sets of the exact same DVD's.

If BHVE and the producers were truely interested in meeting the needs of the fans, they would offer the bonus CD in the Season 5 set as well is in the Complete Collection. This would satisfy the fans who already have all 4 seasons as well as those fans who don't have any.

The bottom line here is money.....Why would BHVE/the producers offer that bonus CD in a set that retails for about $40 when they can charge 3 or 4 times that for the special collection? As a fan I am insulted by just how greedy that is.

Agreed. My thoughts exactly.

Hum... Well, I only own season 1 of the series on DVD. I was always planning on buying season 2 sometime soon, but I never got around to it (plus, I had to complete my Buffy and Dawson's Creek collections first, lol). I am definately going to buy that complete series set, it's so freaking pretty! Plus, the bonus disc! Hum, well, I shouldn't be saying this, but, when the Chosen Collection for Buffy came out, it was also released with a special bonus disc. Now, I know it was wrong, but there was no way I was going to buy the entire series over again, so I kind of downloaded the bonus disc in a complete replica and just burnt it to a disc. I know it's not right, but maybe even a friend can make you a copy or maybe somebody may sell it on eBay, you think? Haha, don't tell anyone about what I just said...

Hum... Well, I only own season 1 of the series on DVD. I was always planning on buying season 2 sometime soon, but I never got around to it (plus, I had to complete my Buffy and Dawson's Creek collections first, lol). I am definately going to buy that complete series set, it's so freaking pretty! Plus, the bonus disc! Hum, well, I shouldn't be saying this, but, when the Chosen Collection for Buffy came out, it was also released with a special bonus disc. Now, I know it was wrong, but there was no way I was going to buy the entire series over again, so I kind of downloaded the bonus disc in a complete replica and just burnt it to a disc. I know it's not right, but maybe even a friend can make you a copy or maybe somebody may sell it on eBay, you think? Haha, don't tell anyone about what I just said...

I live far far from US and i will never get the series set but i will buy the season 5 dvd set (i already own series 1-4: a beautiful amazon.co.uk's box). And i now know the components what will be in the series set. The 3 things what i would want are: secret about the nr 47, extra bloopers and extra book. Extras on season 5 set seems better. But as you said these people who cant't buy this series set will most defenately find a way to see these extras. I also know this isn't right...

Extras of season 5 set:

Available Subtitles: English, Spanish
Available Audio Tracks: English (Dolby Digital 5.1)
Behind the scenes at the 100th episode
The Legend of Rambaldi
The New Recruit: On Set With Rachel Nichols
The music of Alias
Bloopers
Deleted scenes
Much more...

Extras of entire set:

• Jennifer Garner's never-before-seen first interview as Sydney Bristow
• Exclusive J.J. Abrams interview
• Identity theft – Alias' sexiest Aliases
• Case Closed: Emotional cast reunion from the series finale
• Dossier 47 – The Secret of the Infamous Number
• Fan montage, bloopers, and more!
Packaged in replica of Rambaldi artifact box, with secret compartment holding the bonus disc
Hardbound book revealing answers to the show's deepest secrets, including introductory letter from JJ Abrams

Hey gang,

- Your BVHE Insider
www.RambaldiDVD.com

Is it true there are only going to be 40,000 of these sets released??

Well, there has been said that S5'll be released on 24th of October. But if you look under specs, you'll see that there is 6 disc season.
Probably they are not refreshing site with any new info so, when there'll be final info about S5 set, they probably fix all info...
I am a little bit sad, because this set won't be in a single set, but overall we have a lost of extras from previous seasons and this single season won't be empty with them, but full of them so i am just happy that S5 will contatin so much and more extras.

This sucks so much arse. I already have payd 175$ for seasons 1-4. And now they do this. I could live without the beautiful box and without the book, but I want the extra disc. I could afford the box, but I don't buy the same DVD-s twice. Also, why do they make it a limited edition? Well, it's obvious. If fans want it they must decide fast. it really sucks arse.

Hey guys, it's me again. Go check out the rambaldidvd.com again, it got a major update and it's super cool. Just wait and see. However, you will need to answer a question to be authenticated to get in, the answer to the question is Parma, enjoy! ^_^

Hehe, I know heh? I wonder how we'll be getting our answers. My question revolved around Sydney, Irina, and Anna. Haha, I hope they can answer it. It's cool though hey! ^_^

OMG I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO!! $264.99 is a lot of money. I have it, expecially if I save up, which I guess is what I'm going to have to do. There is no way that I would be able to restrain myself from buying it. I seems so pointless to buy all the season again, considering I have them, but I don't think I would be able to function knowing I don't have the collectors edition with all of the bonus material. I don't like the way the season 5 box looks. They could have at least put a seaosn 5 pic on. I guess I should start saving up :confused:, or I could ask for it for Christmas, but I know I wouldn't be able to wait over 30 days!!

~Andrea :angelic:

Well, I'm a little bit sad because, extra disc will be avaliable just for all box-set seasons, but hey, this is the point of all seasons box-set. I completely agree with it.
I've first four seasons and will buy season 5, but we can be grateful that there'll be so many extras in S5 :smiley:. Hope that there'll be some words of the crew for us fans on extras for S5, because at least that would be fair for fans of ALIAS.

Back