Season 5 DVD & Complete Series DVD

In the official press release of season 5 DVD set was told the following: " The moving final episode features audio commentary from creator J.J. Abrams and star Jennifer Garner". And in amazon.co.uk (http://www.amazon.co.uk/o/ASIN/B000FS99CC/...6943327-6648424)
1) they don't speak about the commentary for the last episode (commentary for the last episode isn't spoken about in video.com too);
2) the disc number is 5 on amazon.co.uk's page not 4 as in the original press release.

How can you LostInCA comment that?

I thank you and the other people who are behind the series set/season 5 set for your work!

I can't speak to the commentary issue. But considering that in each of the 4 previous seasons of alias, each Disc has had about 4 episodes per disc, on the discs that had just the episodes and not very many extras. We have 17 episodes, so that's 4 discs, and plus 1 more episode left over, which will go on a 5th disc. Given the commentaries that have been promised, chances are you will end up with 3 episodes on at least one disc, and probably end up with two episodes on disc 5, and also that's where most of the extra features will go.

Xin Li

I only got the first two sides to work, the costumes and the artifacts challenges. I couldn't get the other two sides to work.. Are those still being developed? Also, any clue on when and if Alias will be released in high definition on bluray? And i heard a rumor that you guys are only making 40,000 of these rambaldi box versions?

Patience! All four quests and all four keys will be available in time. For now, you get two. And if you solved them prior to this week, go back and do it again. I've added some new rewards!

I'm not sure what the Blu-Ray plans are. Different group but I'll try and get you some inside info.

And it is not a rumor...we are ONLY making 40,000 Rambaldi Box Complete Collections! When the true fans have bought theirs, we are done. We did something special and want it to retain it's value!

Anything less would be disrespectful to Alias.

- Your BVHE insider

In the official press release of season 5 DVD set was told the following: " The moving final episode features audio commentary from creator J.J. Abrams and star Jennifer Garner". And in amazon.co.uk (http://www.amazon.co.uk/o/ASIN/B000FS99CC/...6943327-6648424)
1) they don't speak about the commentary for the last episode (commentary for the last episode isn't spoken about in video.com too);
2) the disc number is 5 on amazon.co.uk's page not 4 as in the original press release.

How can you LostInCA comment that?

I thank you and the other people who are behind the series set/season 5 set for your work!

Keep in mind that a release in an international territory will not necessarily be the same as the release in the United States. Alias Season 5 in the US is a 4 disc release. And sadly, there is not a commentary by J.J. and Jennifer on the final epi. Also keep in mind that a PR release is sent months in advance of our final production so sometimes reality interferes with our best laid plans.

Sorry. We tried, believe me. No one wanted it more than me. In the end, the four commentaries we have are excellent, a mix of actors and show writers and producers that are insightful and funny.

Keep in mind that when something falls out, it isn't always in our control. Do you think i'd keep J.J. OFF the disc?! Of course not. So we worked double time to get even more quality goodies for you.

Hope this helps.

- Your BVHE insider.

Keep in mind that a release in an international territory will not necessarily be the same as the release in the United States. Alias Season 5 in the US is a 4 disc release. And sadly, there is not a commentary by J.J. and Jennifer on the final epi. Also keep in mind that a PR release is sent months in advance of our final production so sometimes reality interferes with our best laid plans.

Sorry. We tried, believe me. No one wanted it more than me. In the end, the four commentaries we have are excellent, a mix of actors and show writers and producers that are insightful and funny.

Keep in mind that when something falls out, it isn't always in our control. Do you think i'd keep J.J. OFF the disc?! Of course not. So we worked double time to get even more quality goodies for you.

Hope this helps.

- Your BVHE insider.
[/quote]

Yeah... when i read the press release on tvshowsondvd.com I knew it (interview with J. Garner and J.J.) was too good to be true. But i trust you that the bonuses, the innerside of Alias season 5 DVD set will be amazeing. And i'm truely waiting for the day when it will be releazed on amazon.co.uk (i'm a region 2 user).

Dear BVHE insider

This all sonds amazing (except for the not-to-be-there finale commentary :( ) and I pre-ordered it on Amazon.

But when I first saw the pictures of the "book" where the discs are inside, I asked myself: "Will there be the episode guides as well?"

I hope they are somewhere, perhaps in the book (I'm curious if my question will be inside - I just need an answer to that!)

And it would be nice to know, who will be pictured on the season 5 discs. Thanks!

Patience! All four quests and all four keys will be available in time. For now, you get two. And if you solved them prior to this week, go back and do it again. I've added some new rewards!

Might I make a quick suggestion with regard to the 2nd challenge, the one with the spinning globe and the artifacts.. The spinning globe is really finiky about where you drop those icons. My experience has been that you have to drop it exactly on the circle for it to register. Several times when I've dropped the icon just a little bit off, and we are talking about 85% there, and 15% off the target, it didn't recognize it. And th's hard to get it exactly right, because the globe is spinning. Can we make it so that we can spin the globe manually just like we can spin the rambaldi box? It would make coordination the drop a lot easier. IT's really quite frustrating. Thanks.

Xin Li

Yeaahh. :D I just pre-ordered the Complete Series Rambaldi Box from Amazon for only 140$. Best price around. Slightly cheaper than the R2 edition. I've been working like crazy to get the money but it was so worth it. :smiley: Now I must decide what will I do with my season 1-4 DVD boxes. Hmm.. :thinking:

I completed both tasks (2 sides of the Irina Box) on the DVD page and one of the special prizes was an answer to a fan question as a sneak peek what kind of answers we are going to receive in the book that comes along with the Rmabaldi Complete Series DVD Box.

Q: Who or what is The Passenger?
A: Nadia was the Passenger.
-Jesse Alexander (writer, seasons 1-5)

Now this just sucks. Probably only hard-core fans are going to buy this set and I am one of those hard-core fans. And I want some long and thorough answers. Everybody knows that Nadia is the frickin' Passenger. What about a detailed explanation of Rambaldi's prophecies and his ultimate endgame? Because it couldn't have been immortality. one episode in season 4 (Sloane goes insane, beats a guy to death and is yelling that Rambaldi is about much more than having an ability to live forever). I want them to explain how exactly does each of the prophecies fit into the story.

Might I make a quick suggestion with regard to the 2nd challenge, the one with the spinning globe and the artifacts.. The spinning globe is really finiky about where you drop those icons. My experience has been that you have to drop it exactly on the circle for it to register. Several times when I've dropped the icon just a little bit off, and we are talking about 85% there, and 15% off the target, it didn't recognize it. And th's hard to get it exactly right, because the globe is spinning. Can we make it so that we can spin the globe manually just like we can spin the rambaldi box? It would make coordination the drop a lot easier. IT's really quite frustrating. Thanks.

Xin Li

Xin Li,
Thanks for the feedback. You should have tried it in Beta! The globe was spinning like a top. I knew the answers by heart and couldn't solve it! I had them slow it down as much as possible but at this point, it is what it is. Keep trying. Your patience will be rewarded.

I appreciate the feedback and will try and refine the next two challenges so they are increasingly user-friendly.

- Your BVHE insider

Dear BVHE insider

This all sonds amazing (except for the not-to-be-there finale commentary :( ) and I pre-ordered it on Amazon.

But when I first saw the pictures of the "book" where the discs are inside, I asked myself: "Will there be the episode guides as well?"

I hope they are somewhere, perhaps in the book (I'm curious if my question will be inside - I just need an answer to that!)

And it would be nice to know, who will be pictured on the season 5 discs. Thanks!

MD Press,
I can't give away EVERYTHING (like who is one the S5 disc art) but I'll tell you that in order to keep the complete collection as clean as possible, we didn't put ANY inserts into it. I'm not a big fan of tons of inserts so I lobbied hard to keep this thing totally clean.

Instead, we spent the extra time and, frankly, money on the very sharp disc folios. Episodes are line-listed very cleanly in the folios. It was a trade off between having this and the traditional episode guides.

In the end, we decided that this approach was a better fit thematically with the Rambaldi Box. When you open yours, I think you'll agree!

great stuff, all. Keep the comments and questions coming and i'll do my best to stay on top of it. Back to work on YOUR Complete Collection...
- Your BVHE insider

Hope this helps.

- Your BVHE insider.

Are you able to say which 4 commentaries are on the US version? ~ Thanks

Well, there is something else I can't understand and maybe you can give us an explanation for this: Why have you taken a picture of Jen from season 4? Jen didn't look like that in season 5 at all. The pictures from season 3 would have been much more suitable (like this:

http://www.alias-media.com/modules.php?nam...17&pos=243)

And then only Jen on the cover. Why not Elodié Bouchez as well (she was so great and important!) or Ron Rifkin? An idea is attached.

Well, there is something else I can't understand and maybe you can give us an explanation for this: Why have you taken a picture of Jen from season 4? Jen didn't look like that in season 5 at all. The pictures from season 3 would have been much more suitable (like this:

http://www.alias-media.com/modules.php?nam...17&pos=243)

And then only Jen on the cover. Why not Elodié Bouchez as well (she was so great and important!) or Ron Rifkin? An idea is attached.

I can't say that the season 5 set's cover is the worst in the history but it's just modest. I truely hope that the disc pictures are with season 5 photos. And also i liked your version (jen, elodie, rachel on the cover). But it seems that they tottally wanted to make a simple cover for season 5: this gave them time to work on the inside of season 5 set and most problably time to work on the Rambaldi set. There is no question that i will buy the season 5 DVD set but even though i'm a huge Alias fan i don't have the money to afford the complete series and seasons 1-5 separately. And also i'm crateful to the makers of Rambaldidvd.com who have made a wounderful website with splendid wallpapers, promos etc.

yeah, I do like the wallpapers. Unforunately for me, I cant use those wallpapers, since I have a wide screen whose resolution is 1920 X 1200 (16:10 ratio). So you know, if you BVHE folks wanna give me my xmas present early and make some wide screen wallpapers for the next two challenges, that'd be great :smiley:

Hey gang,
Sorry I've been so long away! I'm taking a few minutes to post on this and the other active Alias boards (so if you read 'em all, sorry for the redundancy!)

We are working hard on both the Alias Season 5 release and Alias Complete Collection project. I believe that whether you buy one or both (it would be better for me and my team if you bought both ;) ) you will be really happy with what you get.

Season 5 is loaded with killer bonus, the menus look amazing, and there are, as always, some gems hidden about :D

But I really wanted to talk about the Complete Collection. I saw the first complete Rambaldi Box come through the office on Friday. Trust me: You'll be proud to own this piece. It looks EXACTLY like the real Rambaldi Box, maybe better! the disc folios are classy, the hidden bonus disc is really sharp, and the book is loaded with answers to actual fan questions submitted via www.RambaldiDVD.com.

What?! You haven't submitted your questions yet? It isn't too late! Go to www.Rambaldidvd.com and pose a question to The Following. We can't answer them all but we are going straight to the source to get the definitive answers to lingering show mysteries.

In fact...
If you go to the site now, you might even get a sneak peek answer from one of the shows creators. Of course, you have to earn it :P

In addition, I just added an update to the site (it should go live tomorrow) that allows you to not only view the uber-exclusive trailer (only seen at Comic-Con!) but HTML code to add it to your blog or website. Again, nuthin' for free...only those with TRUE show knowledge will earn this one!

Keep up the energy about Alias and keep the word flowing about the website and the Complete Collection.

Join the Following!

-Your BVHE insider
www.RambaldiDVD.com

Dear,
BVHE Insider-

Is there anyway to see this "special" trailer without downloading it to a site or blog??

It is really bgumming me out that I can't see this trailer!!!! :angry:

and as for this book,will it reveal the big secret from the secret file that Syd discoverd in the last episode of season 3 that Jack did not want her to find??
Because there was OBVIOUSLY more to that File then just her finding out that Jack killed Irina!

I am looking forward to this complete set....counting down the weeks!

@ LostinCA

First off, I really appreciate your offering new information on the status of the DVD collection... reading your comments really makes me feel like you're making an effort to make this a huge release for us fans!

I just ordered my copy of the Complete Series Set from amazon.co.uk and I am a bit concerned whether I'll be getting my copy or not. I sent them an email and they haven't heard about any 40.000 copy limit so I hope they aren't just taking pre-orders without knowing how many copies they'll be getting.
Will there be a total of 40.000 copies combining the RC1 and RC2 Versions?

It'd be great to hear from you!

Arun (Germany)

Dear,
BVHE Insider-

Is there anyway to see this "special" trailer without downloading it to a site or blog??

It is really bgumming me out that I can't see this trailer!!!! :angry:

and as for this book,will it reveal the big secret from the secret file that Syd discoverd in the last episode of season 3 that Jack did not want her to find??
Because there was OBVIOUSLY more to that File then just her finding out that Jack killed Irina!

I am looking forward to this complete set....counting down the weeks!

Hey all,
You should be able to view the trailer simply by clicking "Hi Bandwidth" or "Low Bandwidth" and it will play in screen. Try again and let me know if it doesn't work.

And you KNOW I can't give away too much of the book! I will tease this: J.J. LOVES THE COMPLETE COLLECTION!!!

Back again soon with more...

- Your BVHE insider

Hey all,
You should be able to view the trailer simply by clicking "Hi Bandwidth" or "Low Bandwidth" and it will play in screen. Try again and let me know if it doesn't work.

And you KNOW I can't give away too much of the book! I will tease this: J.J. LOVES THE COMPLETE COLLECTION!!!

Back again soon with more...

- Your BVHE insider

LostInCA,

Ok,I tried it with AOL and it did work! What an awesome trailer!
When are we going to get the other two missions to complete??

I was wondring the same thing... especially since both Amazon and Play are still taking preorders, they must have had hundreds by now :thinking:

Back