Season 5 DVD & Complete Series DVD

I ordered it off Amazon.com. It say it will be delivered between the 8th and 16th of December.

I'd rather have it that way then wait for Amazon.co.uk to sell it (if they do).

Plus, $140, what's that? About 80 notes? Cheap as...

Go for Amazon.com, you've got nowt to lose.

I ordered it off Amazon.com. It say it will be delivered between the 8th and 16th of December.

I'd rather have it that way then wait for Amazon.co.uk to sell it (if they do).

Plus, $140, what's that? About 80 notes? Cheap as...

Go for Amazon.com, you've got nowt to lose.

Ordered mine from Amazon.com too 3 weeks ago. Too bad, we in Europe have to wait so long for it to ship. Other than that 140$ is an awesome deal. :D
I want my Rambaldi box now!! :woot:

Ordered mine from Amazon.com too 3 weeks ago. Too bad, we in Europe have to wait so long for it to ship. Other than that 140$ is an awesome deal. :D
I want my Rambaldi box now!! :woot:

In Estonian: Vähemalt saab ka väikeses Eestis olema vähemalt üks rambaldi-teemaline DVD kogumik. Kui ma oleks teadnud, et selline väljaane kunagi saabub amazon.co.uk'sse, oleks ma igatahes 1-4 hooajad ostmata jätnud.
In English: At least there's gonna be one Rambaldi-themed boxset in the small country called Estonia.
If i only had known that there would be this special boxset i wouldn't have bought 1-4 seasons separately.

Lost In CA,

Have you got any new information about the rambaladidvd website: When will the next part be revealed on the Rmbaldi box?

Thanks!

Damm, I still can't decide whether or not to order this, but it's this extra disc it keeps coming down to (don't care about the Rambaldi box....it's just a box).

After buying all the seasons as they came out (or a little after due to stupidly overpriced R2 DVDs) it still feels like a kick in the teeth for this to be offered.

I suppose I could try and offload my Season boxsets but I'm never going to make back what I paid for them (if I'm lucky I'd be able to cover a chunk of the cost of the Rambaldi boxset).

£90 (play.com) for a season and a disc is definately too high....even if I could potentially afford it. I might bite the bullet and get it. I wont be happy about the price I'll have to pay but I might try and reclaim it through the other boxes (I don't really want to get rid of them as I quite like them, but I can't see me reasonably keeping both).

Uggh.

-Oh and I really need to post here more :angelic:

LostInCA hasn't posted here for a while. The updates were due to come out mid-October. My theory is that they've gotten so many pe-orders already that they don't care about the RambaldiDVD.com anymore. It's just an advertisement page anyway, to make us want the set more (and the site certainly succeeded in doing that). But hey, who cares, ony 15 days more til shipping.:D

I bought my boxset on amazon, so I should get it in 2 to 3 weeks. I already own all 4 seasons, and the best episodes of seasons 5, I mainly bought it for the extras. An thank god I bought all my previous boxsets on ebay except season 2(which I may still keep), I don't feel bad about wasting money.

In the long run... I don't think its that bad. originally I wasnt going to get the cube because I thought it was going to be around £200 but £89 isn't really asking much when you think about it .... I mean Season 1-4 combined would have come to at least £160 depending on where you got it from.

SOB!!! :angry: They didn't change the appearance of the season 5 dvd set. WTF were they thinking? There better be some image behind the pic of Syd when the outer plastic shell is removed. I guess the crappy cover reflects how crappy the season was. Oh well, I getting the complete seres collection anyway---which looks so freakin cool in person-----there's a picture of Syd (shown in the jig-saw puzzle of the third Rambaldi key-challenge) on the side of the box.

Check out the pics (front and back cover) over at a ebay auction: Season 5's Front & Back Cover

UPDATE: The Rambaldi-DVD site had just been updated with a preview of the Rambaldi box set and the last two key-challenges (a jig-saw puzzle and trivia questions).

SOB!!! :angry: They didn't change the appearance of the season 5 dvd set. WTF were they thinking? There better be some image behind the pic of Syd when the outer plastic shell is removed. I guess the crappy cover reflects how crappy the season was. Oh well, I getting the complete seres collection anyway---which looks so freakin cool in person-----there's a picture of Syd (shown in the jig-saw puzzle of the third Rambaldi key-challenge) on the side of the box.

Check out the pics (front and back cover) over at a ebay auction: Season 5's Front & Back Cover
UPDATE: The Rambaldi-DVD site had just been updated with a preview of the Rambaldi box set and the last two key-challenges (a jig-saw puzzle and trivia questions).

In my opinion season 5 DVD set dosen't look bad at all. The front with Jen was a lillte weird but the backside was amazing: simple.

In my opinion season 5 DVD set dosen't look bad at all. The front with Jen was a lillte weird but the backside was amazing: simple.

If you will finish the 3rd key search then you are also able to complete the 4th key search. But still i can't open it. The two last ones i just can't get right.

lol The one thing I don't like is that Season Five doesn't really match the other seasons!! Season one doesn't either...but I liked the pattern that they had with Sydney in the center and significant characters beside her.

In Season two, we had Sydney, Jack, and Irina
In season three, we had Sydney, Vaugh, and Lauren
In season four, we had Sydney and Nadia [and Jack and Sloane under the shell]

Season Five should have Rachel and Thomas!!! :angry:

I managed to unlock the secret!

And also there are wounderful promos on the vidoe.com's first page (for season 5 DVD and series set).

Just click refrech until one of it appears.

I managed to unlock the secret!

And also there are wounderful promos on the vidoe.com's first page (for season 5 DVD and series set).

Just click refrech until one of it appears.

Ok, I just did the 3rd challenge, and got to see the Q/A associated with that reward. And I don't know about you guys, but who are these people who send in such obvious questions? I mean come on? Who is the Passenger.. and how did rambaldi conceive of an image of Sydney 500 years ago.. Give me a break. anyone who has seen the show would know these answers... a little disappointed at these questions...

Ok, I just did the 3rd challenge, and got to see the Q/A associated with that reward. And I don't know about you guys, but who are these people who send in such obvious questions? I mean come on? Who is the Passenger.. and how did rambaldi conceive of an image of Sydney 500 years ago.. Give me a break. anyone who has seen the show would know these answers... a little disappointed at these questions...

I thought about the same thing. But i liked the fact that I had undrestood the true meaning of Rambaldi.

I thought about the same thing. But i liked the fact that I had undrestood the true meaning of Rambaldi.

That's what I thought too.. To me, Rambaldi wasn't some kind of mastermind from 500 years ago, working towards a grand plan to conquer the world. They hinted at part of Rambaldi's end game only a few episodes into Season 1, when Sydney saw the clock maker, who slipped up and aid something along the lines of "He never told me what it was for.", the "he" referring to rambaldi himself.

And yes, I liked their statement about Destiny, which is to say that destiny is a very subtle combination of circumstance and personal choice. At any point in this saga, Sydney could've chosen to walk away. And indeed, the first person to discover Rambaldi's artifacts could've chosen to walk away. Had Sydney walked away after taking down SD6, everything would be different. But she chose to stay. And in the end, Sydney's choices prevented the world from being destroyed. And her daughter, while possessed of the same talents as Sydney, chose to lead a normal life.

But at the same time, we are also strongly influenced by who we are born to be. And Sydney was born to be a spy. Project Xmas might've made her a much more resilient one, but in the end, it was only building on what was already there. She always had the spy in her. Even after embracing motherhood, she still went on missions, occasionally. So she never could completely escape who she was meant to be. But she had made the choice not to let that aspect of herself consume all that she is.

So I finally completed the last two challenges and the question asked was a good one. What is Rambaldi's endgame? We all want to know the answer, right? Sadly there was no answer, it's just like "ow, sorry, we don't think Rambaldi has one."
I truelly hope that the whole Q&A book isn't completely filled with this kind of fluff.

So I finally completed the last two challenges and the question asked was a good one. What is Rambaldi's endgame? We all want to know the answer, right? Sadly there was no answer, it's just like "ow, sorry, we don't think Rambaldi has one."
I truelly hope that the whole Q&A book isn't completely filled with this kind of fluff.

The questions asked by the fans are the kind which can be answered by those who have seen every episode and can analise the show. I think they just can't give new asweres because it would be to unfair to let people down who will not get the series set. And also the sentence "ow, sorry, we don't think Rambaldi has one" is mainlu true. As we saw in the end of season 4 people thought that his endgame was "Il Divulio" (aka "The Flood") but when we'd alalyse the story then we would see that the homo sapiens wanted to destroy the world. He was only a prophet and he couldn't change the way the world goes.
But i think that the ever lasting life was one of his best works (like some directors have theird best movie) .
It is also possible that he wanted to flood the earth to get rid of the "bad guys". And then he colud reveale his best work to the "good people". But this would make a wounderful interview question to him: is Sydney "bad or a good guy"?

I even think that the writers first saw the end of Alias' Rambaldi period in the "Before the Flood" but when they heard that it's going to be the last season they had to come up with an easy solution. And they did...

LostInCA, if you're still around, I'd like to know why the Region 2 release of the complete series box is so unbelievably crappy compared to the R1 release. And I'd also like to know why we weren't told that it was. I was under the impression that the R2 release is exactly like the R1 release, which is why I ordered it. Today I found out on another forum that it is just a box with the individual season sets put into them and the extra DVD in a slim-case. No custom designed folios, no book, no cool secret hiding place for the extra disc. So now I have to go through the hassle of returning this box - of course it's already on its way. I'd have appreciated it if you guys had stated somewhere (on the Rambaldi DVD homepage maybe?) that the real Rambaldi dvd case is a Region 1 exclusive. You would have saved a lot of Alias fans lots of anger and hassle.

LostInCA, if you're still around, I'd like to know why the Region 2 release of the complete series box is so unbelievably crappy compared to the R1 release. And I'd also like to know why we weren't told that it was. I was under the impression that the R2 release is exactly like the R1 release, which is why I ordered it. Today I found out on another forum that it is just a box with the individual season sets put into them and the extra DVD in a slim-case. No custom designed folios, no book, no cool secret hiding place for the extra disc. So now I have to go through the hassle of returning this box - of course it's already on its way. I'd have appreciated it if you guys had stated somewhere (on the Rambaldi DVD homepage maybe?) that the real Rambaldi dvd case is a Region 1 exclusive. You would have saved a lot of Alias fans lots of anger and hassle.

well, LostinCIA is responsible for the US-release - not for the UK one. The UKs may have a totally diffrent policy and they didn't wanted to do something exciting. LostinCIA gave us information about the US release - not about the UK one and maybe he didn't knew about it.

And the rambaldi website is for the US release as well.

Back