Season 5 DVD & Complete Series DVD

Well, Amazon just informed me that my Box just shipped today. So Hoping to get it in a few days.

Mine was shipped yesterday. Unfortunately I'm an international customer and I'll receive the DVDs in like 2 weeks or something. Anyway please share your thoughts about the box when you receive it.

Alright, I've just got a quick question...Which Season 5 DVD cover is the right one? I've mainly only seen two different ones...one with FINAL SEASON all the way across the top of ALIAS, and one with a smaller FINAL SEASON that's tilted and only partially across ALIAS. Hopefully you all know what I'm talking about...if not, I guess I'll find out tomorrow! thanks...

A full review of the Complete Series Rambaldi boxset can be seen over at ign.com: Full Review

After reading the review, I was comtemplating canceling my preorder. The bonus disc only features a hour or so of extra features. That is total BS!!! In addition, word is that there is no commentary for the series finale; which was originally planned (as stated on the press release) to be done by JG and J.J. If this is indeed true, I think everyone who bought the s5 dvds or the complete series boxset should petition the hell out of Buena Vista .

A full review of the Complete Series Rambaldi boxset can be seen over at ign.com: Full Review

After reading the review, I was comtemplating canceling my preorder. The bonus disc only features a hour or so of extra features. That is total BS!!! In addition, word is that there is no commentary for the series finale; which was originally planned (as stated on the press release) to be done by JG and J.J. If this is indeed true, I think everyone who bought the s5 dvds or the complete series boxset should petition the hell out of Buena Vista .

Well, I always knew that the commentary on the series finale was cancelled, old story. Kinda dissapointed that the new bonus disc has so little stuff on it, but I don't mind. i've manged to sell all my individual season sets and got the rambaldi set for a good price.

Well, I always knew that the commentary on the series finale was cancelled, old story. Kinda dissapointed that the new bonus disc has so little stuff on it, but I don't mind. i've manged to sell all my individual season sets and got the rambaldi set for a good price.

Were you able to recoop most of the cost for your Seasons 1-4 DVDs? I might do the same. My box will arrive today. It's already on the delivery truck. Just waiting for the mailman now.

well, LostinCIA is responsible for the US-release - not for the UK one. The UKs may have a totally diffrent policy and they didn't wanted to do something exciting. LostinCIA gave us information about the US release - not about the UK one and maybe he didn't knew about it.

And the rambaldi website is for the US release as well.

Hey gang,
Sorry I haven't been around to answer questions. I was moved off the project a month ago and haven't been as actively involved. However, I did want to respond to this particular question.

The US release is the Rambaldi Box project that I was working on. Individual regions released their own version (such as the Region 2 version that was described by the angry poster earlier). The cost and complexity of what we created in the U.S. was impossible to re-create in other regions.

In general, whether it is movies or music, imports are nearly ALWAYS different from a domestic release. That's why people collect them. I went to the UK Amazon site to make sure that they didn't protray it as the same as the U.S. release. Sure enough, they were very circumspect about the product specifications. Same with Amazon Germany.

I only learned of the product specs of the U.K. towards the end of my time with the Alias Complete Collection project. The U.S. BVHE team has little contact or influence over U.K. so their marketing of the Season 1-5 set is not in my/our control.

Apologies but there is little I could have done, even with prior knowledge.

Your Insider

Hey LostinCA,

Why did the commentary for the series finale get canned and what is up with the horrible, mundane s5 dvd cover? The majority of us stated that it was butt-UGLY when it was first unveiled---yet no change? WHY???

And anyone with the s5 dvd set, what's the pic underneath the plastic cover?

There are no deleted scenes on the season 5 dvd set. All (three total--including a flashback of when Syd first met Dixon) the season 5 deleted scenes are only on the Rambaldi bonus disc.

And anyone with the s5 dvd set, what's the pic underneath the plastic cover?
it's just small pics of the season 5 cast (including guest stars) spread out across a dark pic of Jen. It's cool...I guess. It's the same on the back inside cover too, except it's only the main characters of the series. hope that helps! :smiley:

So I just got my boxset, everything else has already been covered. but There are a few questions that the booklet answers that I thought was rather interesting:

1) The booklet says that "the greatest power", referred to in the prophecy, is Sloane

2) Sloane is Nadia's father, despite that little moment between Jack and Irinia in 4x22

3) It was definitely Sydney on page 47

4) Deep Throat, the guy who calls Will on the phone, was Irina.

5) Here are some of the storylines that never saw the light of day

i) Irina storylines
ii) The trust storylines
iii) Sark, Payton, and Sloane forming a triumvirate of evil
iv) Rambaldi was a 21st century Time traveler who went back to the 15th century and got stuck there.

Xin Li

So I just got my boxset, everything else has already been covered. but There are a few questions that the booklet answers that I thought was rather interesting:

1) The booklet says that "the greatest power", referred to in the prophecy, is Sloane

2) Sloane is Nadia's father, despite that little moment between Jack and Irinia in 4x22

3) It was definitely Sydney on page 47

4) Deep Throat, the guy who calls Will on the phone, was Irina.

5) Here are some of the storylines that never saw the light of day

i) Irina storylines
ii) The trust storylines
iii) Sark, Payton, and Sloane forming a triumvirate of evil
iv) Rambaldi was a 21st century Time traveler who went back to the 15th century and got stuck there.

Xin Li

Awesome. :D Can't wait for mine.

I hope that in season 5 DVD set there are some bonuses worth of wathcing. I will defenately buy the season 5 DVD set but still i would like others to comment on it. And also... is the extra disc already "available" in somewhere?

Also if somebody could make some photos of the releases, to show the innerside of the releses what some fans weren't able to buy, it would be nice...

I think the Season 5 DVD is awesome! And I love the menu music...better than I expected.

For your inside look at the Season 5 DVD, check out my Inside the Season 5 DVD!

I'm also hoping to post some pictures of the inside and outside of it!

Great summary. If you manage to take pictures of it then "thank you, thank you, thank you etc."

And also: is that true that there aren't any deleted scenes in season 5 DVD set?

Great summary. If you manage to take pictures of it then "thank you, thank you, thank you etc."

And also: is that true that there aren't any deleted scenes in season 5 DVD set?
Well thank you then...I tried to be as thorough as possible. Um...no, there aren't any deleted scenes (unless I missed something) in the Season 5 DVD set. Maybe they just didn't have to delete any scenes! :lol: (doubt it)

I'll try to get those pictures up either today or tomorrow! :smiley:

I received my copy of the 'Complete Collection' yesterday so I thought I'd share my thoughts about it for those of you who haven't decided to purchase it or not.

1) The Rambaldi Box is smaller than I thought. It is a 6-inch cube made of embossed cardboard. The designs are very nice and I love that I have all of the seasons in such a small space.

2) Whoever was marketing this was completely stretching the truth when they said a 'hardcover book' was enclosed. The 'book' is about the size of liner notes that you would find in a CD case. It has maybe 15-20 pages of Q & A (none of which is all that revealing) on it along with pics from various episodes. You would think they could dig up some behind the scenes pics for this.

3) Overall the packaging is very nice.

The only bonus feature I've seen is the Season 5 bloopers and was very, very disappointed. They are alot shorter than in previous years (since there were fewer episodes I anticipated it to be a little shorter), the bit with JJ & Jennifer is way too long and not that funny (they could have used that time to put more bloopers or even deleted scenes on the disc), overall the bloopers just weren't as funny as they were in previous years, at least in my opinion.

I hope the bonus disc makes purchasing the collection worthwhile.

Back