Season 5 DVD & Complete Series DVD

I bought it on amazon a month ago (well, pre-ordered it) and I probably will receive it in 2 weeks or so (since i'm an international buyer) , but I can't wait to see it! :D

Hey gang,
Been lurking around a bit now that Season 5 and the Complete Collection have hit the streets. Unfortunately, about 2 months ago I was moved off of the Alias projects to focus on Lost S3 (and I know you all love Lost, too!). But I've kept my finger on the pulse of these releases, especially the Complete Collection as it was my baby.

One of the things that I loved about the Alias projects is the intense passion of the fans. You don't just care a little. You care a LOT. And that presses me and the team to do the best we can. This ain't Matlock.

Virtually all of the posts that I've read over the past 6 months have had very legitimate points and believe me, your input matters. We can't always act on your input simply because of logistics. Once you see the cover art...it is already printed and done.

I've seen some complaints that the questions and answers in the book provided with the Complete Collection don't really reveal anything new. It is worth noting that these were YOUR questions, not ours. We gathered literally THOUSANDS of questions and distilled down the most interesting ones and took them straight to the source: The writers who created the world of Alias.

Thus, these weren't BVHE's answers, they were from the creators of Alias. If they aren't revealing, then your last name better be Abrams! I sometimes wonder if what fans are really saying is "I don't like the answer. I wanted it to be something else." That may be the case. But as with Alias itself, there aren't always perfect answers and that's what keeps us coming back.

As with most blogs and message boards, people seem more empowered to write negatives and complaints than insights and kudos. I hope this is the case and that by and large the vast majority of people enjoy the Complete Collection. When we decided to do the most expensive and expansive box set in BVHE history for a show that was off the air and that never drew more than 11MM people in its best season, eyebrows went up.

But we believed Alias and its fans deserved it. We're really pleased with the outcome, acknowledging that NOTHING is ever perfect or as good as one might like.

Keep the feedback coming...and get ready for the return of Lost and the Season 3 DVD. Trust me, I'll be working like a dog to make it great.

- Your BVHE Insider

Hey gang,
Been lurking around a bit now that Season 5 and the Complete Collection have hit the streets. Unfortunately, about 2 months ago I was moved off of the Alias projects to focus on Lost S3 (and I know you all love Lost, too!). But I've kept my finger on the pulse of these releases, especially the Complete Collection as it was my baby.

One of the things that I loved about the Alias projects is the intense passion of the fans. You don't just care a little. You care a LOT. And that presses me and the team to do the best we can. This ain't Matlock.

Virtually all of the posts that I've read over the past 6 months have had very legitimate points and believe me, your input matters. We can't always act on your input simply because of logistics. Once you see the cover art...it is already printed and done.

I've seen some complaints that the questions and answers in the book provided with the Complete Collection don't really reveal anything new. It is worth noting that these were YOUR questions, not ours. We gathered literally THOUSANDS of questions and distilled down the most interesting ones and took them straight to the source: The writers who created the world of Alias.

Thus, these weren't BVHE's answers, they were from the creators of Alias. If they aren't revealing, then your last name better be Abrams! I sometimes wonder if what fans are really saying is "I don't like the answer. I wanted it to be something else." That may be the case. But as with Alias itself, there aren't always perfect answers and that's what keeps us coming back.

As with most blogs and message boards, people seem more empowered to write negatives and complaints than insights and kudos. I hope this is the case and that by and large the vast majority of people enjoy the Complete Collection. When we decided to do the most expensive and expansive box set in BVHE history for a show that was off the air and that never drew more than 11MM people in its best season, eyebrows went up.

But we believed Alias and its fans deserved it. We're really pleased with the outcome, acknowledging that NOTHING is ever perfect or as good as one might like.

Keep the feedback coming...and get ready for the return of Lost and the Season 3 DVD. Trust me, I'll be working like a dog to make it great.

- Your BVHE Insider

LostInCA,

I have no doubt that you guys worked amazingly hard on this project. And just as we the fans have poured our heart and soul into Alias, I believe your team has also done the same. So please do not take our complaints as an attack upon your own dedication to the show. With regard to the booklet, I acknowledge that there were some interesting answers. But at the same time, I felt that most of the answers didn't surprise me. I guess for people who visit forums like this, we've spent pretty much every waking moment of our day analyzing and reanalyzing every little knock and crany of the Alias universe. So even when we weren't 100% sure of some answers (many of which were definitively confirmed by the booklet to be fair), we were fairly certain of what the answers might be. So maybe the disappointment was simply that none of the answers really surprised us, and gave us the wow, omg, I never thought of that, moment. Thinking back to the earlier days of Alias, that's how I felt after watching every episode. The OMG, what the hell just happened, I could've never guessed it in 10000 years feeling.

The other point with regard to the booklet is that I would've liked a little more detail on the storylines that never made it. More explanation about what would've happened if Lena Olin signed on for a 3rd and 4th season. That cliffhanger at the end of Season 3, for example, Project SAB, couldn't have possibly been only about killing Irina to protect Sydney. Or as JJ mentioned in the introduction, why exactly did they want Sydney's eggs. But maybe that's just me.

Part of the disappointment for me (and I use the word only for lack of a better one) isn't so much that Alias wasn't great, but only that the Alias universe offered so much more potential that was never brought to bear on screen. It's kind of like watching a kid who never lived up to his full potential. I would've loved to see where Alias would've gone had the networks never interfered and allowed JJ free reign. But I suppose that's neither here nor there, and we should be thankful for what we did have, and that is 5 amazing years of story telling that will stay with us for a long time to come.

Xin Li

That cliffhanger at the end of Season 3, for example, Project SAB, couldn't have possibly been only about killing Irina to protect Sydney. Or as JJ mentioned in the introduction, why exactly did they want Sydney's eggs. But maybe that's just me.

Part of the disappointment for me (and I use the word only for lack of a better one) isn't so much that Alias wasn't great, but only that the Alias universe offered so much more potential that was never brought to bear on screen. It's kind of like watching a kid who never lived up to his full potential. I would've loved to see where Alias would've gone had the networks never interfered and allowed JJ free reign. But I suppose that's neither here nor there, and we should be thankful for what we did have, and that is 5 amazing years of story telling that will stay with us for a long time to come.

Xin Li

I agree with you, and ESPECIALLY was dying to know about Project SAB 47, which apparently was rewritten into the 3x22 script after Entertainment Weekly published the original one (an article detailing this situation is in one of the Alias Magazines, I recall). So, when seeing the "answer" in 4x01/4x02, I was extremely disappointed because why, especially after going through all the trouble to rewrite something as important as a season-ending cliffhanger, would they just throw it away and replace it with something much less interesting?

The project SAB 47 thing was one of my questions I asked on the Rambaldi site. What I'd like to know: Do the answers in the book give anything away about the whole confusion about "The Horizion is the new sphere of life or whatever"?

The project SAB 47 thing was one of my questions I asked on the Rambaldi site. What I'd like to know: Do the answers in the book give anything away about the whole confusion about "The Horizion is the new sphere of life or whatever"?

Nope, sorry.

Question for those who have bought the Alias season 5 DVD (region 2): is the box (inside) different than the one of region 1 release?

Is the fan tribute only included in the box set or is it on the Season 5 DVD? My sister bought the Season 5 DVD yesterday but can't find it anywhere. She submitted a fan video and just wanted to know if by some off chance her video was included. If anyone has it, could you please let me know if there are two dogs on the video (a Shih Tzu and a Yorkie) which are named Vaughn and Sydney? She knows it is a long shot but really would like to know if they are on it. Thanks!

Is the fan tribute only included in the box set or is it on the Season 5 DVD? My sister bought the Season 5 DVD yesterday but can't find it anywhere. She submitted a fan video and just wanted to know if by some off chance her video was included. If anyone has it, could you please let me know if there are two dogs on the video (a Shih Tzu and a Yorkie) which are named Vaughn and Sydney? She knows it is a long shot but really would like to know if they are on it. Thanks!
There is no fan tribute to be found in the Season 5 DVD set...sorry :(

>> ** Oh, and I've posted Season 5 DVD pics on my Facebook group (because I can't figure out how to get camera pictures to show up on here). So, if you're not a member a Facebook, and you want to see the pictures, you'll have to join...and if you are a member, I guess you'll already be set. Sorry for any inconvenience...and if anyone knows how to get pictures from a camera on to this website (or a more convenient site than I chose), please let me know! Oh, and let me know if you have any problems getting to the webpage or something. Thanks! :smiley:

Just go to my Inside the Season 5 DVD topic in Alias General to find the link to my Alias/Lost Facebook group (The Action and Adventure of J.J. Abrams). Feel free to join, too, when you get there! ** >>

The "Alias: Revealed" booklet should be titled "Alias for Dummies." Seriously, they picked the stupidest questions like "Is that really Syd on page 47?" or "Is Sloane/Sark good or bad?" or "Did Nadia die?". If you watch the d@mn show, you should know these answer.

I literally submitted hundreds of questions (mostly done on my laptop during lectures) about Project S.A.B. 47, Sphere of Life, the original Covenant #1, J.J.'s original five year plan.....yet they picked these F'in ?'s.

The booklet is a real piece of $hit!!!!

^The questions that you stated were all things that I don't think anyone could really answer. JJ did admit they did mistakes and they didn't answer all the questions fans had in the show, but it was still an amazing show no matter what! Ya, some of the questions in the book were obvious, but they wouldn't have put them in if people didn't ask them. Some of the answers I'd rather ignore (like is Nadia Sloane's daughter), but I wouldn't go so far and say that it was a peice of sh**!
I don't really care what anyone says. The whole set is amazing, and I can honestly say that I don't have one problem with it. The design is incredible. I can barely leave the box for like two seconds. My dad had to remind me that I could't bring it to school :blush: . The inside is awesome, too! I absolutley love the red velvet and the designs. Everything about it is awesome! Thank you everyone who worked on it! You did such a good job, and made me a very happy Alias fan!!!!

I received my copy of the 'Complete Collection' yesterday so I thought I'd share my thoughts about it for those of you who haven't decided to purchase it or not.

1) The Rambaldi Box is smaller than I thought. It is a 6-inch cube made of embossed cardboard. The designs are very nice and I love that I have all of the seasons in such a small space.

2) Whoever was marketing this was completely stretching the truth when they said a 'hardcover book' was enclosed. The 'book' is about the size of liner notes that you would find in a CD case. It has maybe 15-20 pages of Q & A (none of which is all that revealing) on it along with pics from various episodes. You would think they could dig up some behind the scenes pics for this.

3) Overall the packaging is very nice.

The only bonus feature I've seen is the Season 5 bloopers and was very, very disappointed. They are alot shorter than in previous years (since there were fewer episodes I anticipated it to be a little shorter), the bit with JJ & Jennifer is way too long and not that funny (they could have used that time to put more bloopers or even deleted scenes on the disc), overall the bloopers just weren't as funny as they were in previous years, at least in my opinion.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I also purchased the complete set and here is what I thought:

1: I too agree that the box was much smaller then led to believe...from far away it is nice,upon close inspection it looks very cheap! I mean it is made out of HARD CARDBOARD! The velvet on the inside far away looks nice but again look closely it is cheap fabric. You MUST keep the sleeve that surrounds the box when you first open it cause you will never get it closed again.
The "Bonus" disc was too easy to find(hidden under the Rambaldi symbol),the "small" book is a joke!
Also for a collectors edition,for only 40,000 "supposedly" made there should have been a collectors edition number and some sort of authintication...but there is NOTHING!
So LOSTINCA,if you are reading this...I sure would like to know if there really were 40,000 made!

2.The bloopers..I agree also about the waste blooper non-use with JJ and Jen...at least it wasn't JJ pimping LOST again. The bloopers were funny,TOO SHORT,NOT ENOUGH..are you reading this you brillent folks over at Buena Vista!!! :angry:

3>The bonus disc....3 DELATED scenes!!! THATS ALL! What a rip off! And they SUCK!
The featurette stuff is good. The last filming days,exspecially those of Jen and Victor were VERY emotional and the best part!
The pilot interviews wern't all that great.

all in all I give the set a 7 out of 10! I am quite pissed off at Buena Vista. For the fans this was sloppy.The fans could have done so much better!

The only saving grace is that It was cheaper this way then buying all the seasons seperatly! I saved myself about $60 bucks.

I hope there are fans out there that will be happy with the Complete set, I feel cheated though!
I hope the bonus disc makes purchasing the collection worthwhile.

Thanks for all of the info on the complete set. It looks like they could have done a little better. For those of you that have watched the fan tribute, I read that there were dogs on the tribute. Could you please let me know if you saw a black and white Shih Tzu or a Yorkie? Both had on black shirts with Alias and their names (Vaughn and Sydney, of course). I don't really want to spend the money on the box set since I have the other seasons but I will and so will my sister if somehow our dogs made it onto the bonus disc. Thanks!

Thanks for all of the info on the complete set. It looks like they could have done a little better. For those of you that have watched the fan tribute, I read that there were dogs on the tribute. Could you please let me know if you saw a black and white Shih Tzu or a Yorkie? Both had on black shirts with Alias and their names (Vaughn and Sydney, of course). I don't really want to spend the money on the box set since I have the other seasons but I will and so will my sister if somehow our dogs made it onto the bonus disc. Thanks!

Nope, I didn't see that. Sorry.

Yes, that is them! Thank you so much. My sister and I are so excited. Even though it is just seconds, we are going to have to buy the box set now. After all, our Vaughn and Sydney are famous now.

Ok so let me get this straight, there are NO deleted scenes on the season 5 dvd. I'm not just missin em. and 2 is there any way possible to find ne anywhere????? i was so dissapointed that i couldn't find ne it totally ruined tha whole thing for me when i went to watch em and they wheren't there. :( :( :( :( :(

Ok so let me get this straight, there are NO deleted scenes on the season 5 dvd. I'm not just missin em. and 2 is there any way possible to find ne anywhere????? i was so dissapointed that i couldn't find ne it totally ruined tha whole thing for me when i went to watch em and they wheren't there. :( :( :( :( :(

TJhere are only (if i'm not mistaken) two deleted scenes on series set - it seemed strange that they didn't but these to the season 5 set. Even though the extras were short but they were better than on the series set. Two of what i loved about the series set extras were the following: deleted scene "Training" (or sth like that) and "Case Closed" what was so emotional. The other ones were great to watch but they didn't give any suprising moment. After i saw JGfan86's pictures for the season 5 dvd set i understood that i have to buy it. I have seen the extras on season 5 dvd (from a great website, which admin i totally LOVE) and in my opinion they were great. I think i will order my season 5 DVD.

Got it!?...

TJhere are only (if i'm not mistaken) two deleted scenes on series set - it seemed strange that they didn't but these to the season 5 set. Even though the extras were short but they were better than on the series set. Two of what i loved about the series set extras were the following: deleted scene "Training" (or sth like that) and "Case Closed" what was so emotional. The other ones were great to watch but they didn't give any suprising moment. After i saw JGfan86's pictures for the season 5 dvd set i understood that i have to buy it. I have seen the extras on season 5 dvd (from a great website, which admin i totally LOVE) and in my opinion they were great. I think i will order my season 5 DVD.

Got it!?...

If you're gonna get the R2 DVD then the packaging is different (you get 5 discs in 3 amarey cases). But I think you know that already.

Back