Season 5 DVD & Complete Series DVD

Hey guys. I think this is my first post!
I've ordered my limited edition box set and it should be arriving on the 19th of December. Despite some bad reviews im still really looking forward to getting it! I ordered it off amazon.com but im a bit worried because there were many reviews there about the discs coming scratched and damaged so much that whole episodes didnt play. If LostInCA is still around can you tell me if my discs come scratched will BVHE replace them since it is their fault if they didnt protect the dvds properly.
Thanks!

Oh god,I didn't even think about that! But it is so true,those crappy booklets the discs come in can easily be scratched!

Another bonehead concept on Buena Vistas part!

I'm still incredibly pissed at the lack of a commentary on the series finale. How can they let that happen, it's the FINAL EPISODE.

Here's what they should do (they CAN do this, and it's the least they can do for us): Have at least JJ and Jennifer watch Reprisal/ATTITW, record a commentary, and then release it as a podcast on iTunes so that fans can watch the ep and listen to the commentary at the same time. They did a thing like that for Lost last season.

Ne1 else w/me on that idea? This way scheduling conflicts aren't a problem...I think a petition should be started for this. Or someone should write a letter to JJ.

I'm still incredibly pissed at the lack of a commentary on the series finale. How can they let that happen, it's the FINAL EPISODE.

Here's what they should do (they CAN do this, and it's the least they can do for us): Have at least JJ and Jennifer watch Reprisal/ATTITW, record a commentary, and then release it as a podcast on iTunes so that fans can watch the ep and listen to the commentary at the same time. They did a thing like that for Lost last season.

Ne1 else w/me on that idea? This way scheduling conflicts aren't a problem...I think a petition should be started for this. Or someone should write a letter to JJ.

Listen, Alias is done. I don't think JJ an Jennifer have time to record this commentary or even care to do it. They won't waste 80 minutes watching Alias just for fans.

I read the book that came with the Rambaldi set in about 5 minutes. Probably less. :/

One of the Season 5 discs I've got is scratched, but it still works fine. I haven't looked or tried the other seasons yet...

Listen, Alias is done. I don't think JJ an Jennifer have time to record this commentary or even care to do it. They won't waste 80 minutes watching Alias just for fans.

I get what you're saying, and I can see how from a different perspective than mine, someone might feel that way. But I don't. The way that JJ and Jennifer have expressed their gratitude for the fans numerous times before, I myself am surprised that they didn't do it. 80 minutes is a very short amount of time and I'm not saying now, I'm saying whenever; I'm saying it would be a really nice gesture, because yes, Alias is done, but it wasn't just a quick and meaningless project to those two--it changed their lives and status in Hollywood.

just my two cents.

Hey guys, just reading all the replies, it's been a while since I started this thread, hehe, it's grown alot. Anyhow, I've ordered the set and hopefully it will be here soon. I'm a bit concerned about the number of complaints on the way the discs are held and get scratched. I'm PRAYING that mine does not get scratched, this is a limited edition (at least that's what BVHE is saying, lol)! But, if there is, I'm getting a refund or getting replacement discs, I mean, come on, from what I've seen in the pictures, those discs could move all of the time, getting scratched in the process. Poor, poor effort from BVHE on this set. I guess we'll see!

I don't see why people get so annoyed about a little scratch. My brother piss and moan for ages about 1 scratch even though the disc works fine.

I say, if the disc works fine, isn't that all what matters?

I don't see why people get so annoyed about a little scratch. My brother piss and moan for ages about 1 scratch even though the disc works fine.

I say, if the disc works fine, isn't that all what matters?

When I pay for something I want quality. So far my season 1 disc 6 doesn't work at all. It had so many scratches. I'm probably gonna return my Complete set. Too bad I sold all my indiviudal season sets. Now I won't have any. :angry:

I got my season 5 DVD box set a week ago. The picture of Sydney, the music, decoration of menus is better than i tought before. It was a great purchase!

My alias dvd box set came today and i was pretty happy with it as it was better than i expected.

I liked the magnets and the fake velvet.

The book was as expected: useless with bad answers to bad questions

The bonus disc was enjoyable. I liked the parts showing all of Sydney's alias' and the part about No. 47(I knew they had used it alot but not THAT much!!)

There were surprisingly no scratches. The worst part of getting was was realising that the DVD's were region 1 and im in region 4! i was angry about that for a while until i looked up on the internet and found instructions on how to hack into my DVD player and turn region coding off! I was so amazed it worked!

Oh yeh and season 5 bloopers where pretty damn funny even though i dont even like JJ Abrams.

And I've found 3 secret videos on the Endgame DVD just by searching around with my cursor. I heard there r about 5 altogether!

Back