Season Finale

M

mystery_chick

I'm so sad that Rex died! :cry: I LIKE REX! I probably liked him the best of all of the DH men (well besides Mike of course :P) I CANNOT believe they killed him! Stupid whatshisface! ARGH :banghead: (the pharamcist) He needs to go to hell and die! I HATE HIM! GEORGE! that's his name! BAH! I hope Bree finds out and shoot him with her nice gun! :angry:

I like the fact that Lynette's getting the chance to go back to work again. I think she'll do well.

I wonder what's going to happen between Gabrelle and John and Carlos, I half expected her to slap John but that was too good to be true. ;) :lol:

Am I the only one who's speculating that Zach's Mike's son? I mean it's kinda obvious but then again you don't want to say for sure but... *shrugs* ;)

Anyways what do you guys think?
--mandy :angelic:

I wanna drive a knife thru George's heart just like Mary Alice did to Deidre.

That's all I'm gonna say.

Oh and yes. Zach is totally Mike's son. I saw how Mike's face changed when Paul said that Zach was Deidre's sun.

IM GONNA KILL GEORGE :sniper:

I am so ticked off about Rex. There was no warning about it. I thought that out of all of the characters who had their life in danger (minus Susan) he was the safest. He was one of my favorite characters, and gave such a balance to Bree's OCD ways. Damn them! But maybe he didn't die and that was all a ploy...blah, silly Alias always making me skeptical about character's deaths. And I hated that Rex died thinking that Bree was the one who killed him. It seriously broke my heart. Bree loves him!! Stupid George! I hate him and hope that Bree finds a big gun and kills him...he's a major creep!

I also think that Zach has a very good possibility of being Mike's son. Wouldn't that be twisted? He's Mike's son who is in love with Mike's girlfriend's daughter :blink: Talk about crazy. It'd be funny/weird if they all moved in together. We also can't foget that Zach has a gun pointed at Susan and that Mike just walked in. Zach better not shoot them. Mike should go in there and say "Zach...I am your father..."

I was also worried about Lynette and Tom. I really like them together. I think it'll be funny to see Tom be a stay at home dad :lol: And I can really picture Lynette being a shark.

I think it's Carlos' baby (even though we can't find out until it's born). But who knows as to what's going to happen. It looks like he could be locked up for a long time for all of his various crimes :rolleyes: I don't know if Gabby will get back together with John while Carlos is in the slammer though. I imagine that she's pretty ticked off with him.

And what about the new housewife? Mrs. Applegate (I think that's her name...but I didn't really hear it well) and her son. We only got to see them for a minute but you can tell that they have some serious issues going on. I guess we'll find all of their secrets out next season.

Why do we have to wait 4 months for the next episode?! I want it now! :angry:

George seriously needs to die, like WOW i'm not even kidding, I just have SO much hate for him right now. ARGH :banghead:

It would be kinda wierd to see the whole Mike/Zach/Susan thing work out though... I wonder if Zach's gonna shoot anyone.

ARGH! still can't believe Rex died! <_<
--Mandy :angelic:

nooo! wtf? Even if Zach is Mike's kid, Julie's not Mike's kid and there would be no way Zach and Julie are blood related, the worst they could come to is step siblings which would be wierd... :blink:

<span style='font-size:12pt;line-height:100%'>'Housewives' Finale Leaves Open Questions</span>

The desperate divas of Wisteria Lane have brought their first season to a smashing close. So what's in store for Year Two of ABC's hit melodrama from the 'burbs?

With an estimated 30.3 million viewers reeling from Sunday's cliffhangers the biggest audience for a freshman series finale since "ER" a decade ago there's nothing to do between now and fall but ponder what twists might lie ahead.

A biggie: Will Bree (Marcia Cross) be a grieving widow? Is her husband, Rex (Steven Culp), really dead? If so, will she have to defend herself against accusations by Rex's doctor that she in the past a vengeful, cheated-on wife was responsible for his death?

Or was the phone call she got from the doctor on the eve of Rex's heart surgery (after a tender reconciliation scene in his hospital room) some sort of ruse? Reminder: The audience saw no death scene and no body. When has "Desperate Housewives" exercised restraint without an ulterior motive?

Meanwhile, viewers know there's another suspect for Rex's malady, fatal or not: Bree's creepy suitor, George. He's a lovesick, jealously obsessed pharmacist who tampered with Rex's medication for weeks. Or did he?

With the explanation of the mystery surrounding Mary Alice (the show's suicide victim-narrator, who shot herself on last fall's premiere), has the tangled web of Wisteria Lane been yanked even tighter?

On Sunday, we discovered that a dozen years ago, Mary Alice (Brenda Strong) killed Dierdre, birth mother of Zach, the son who Mary Alice and her husband Paul (Mark Moses) have raised as their own.

Hunting down whoever murdered Dierdre has consumed Mike (James Denton) the hunky plumber now hooked up with Susan (Teri Hatcher) ever since he arrived on Wisteria Lane to avenge her death. Reason: Dierdre used to be his girlfriend.

Is Mike, who learned only in the finale that Dierdre had a child, the father of teenager Zach?

This question takes on special urgency since, at the final fade-out Sunday, Mike was walking into a possible ambush from the unhinged Zach, who was holding Susan at gunpoint while waiting in Mike's house to kill him.

When the time comes, Mike better talk fast: No, he didn't just get back from killing Paul (which is what Zach believes). And, by the way, he just might be Zach's real dad!

But Zach is already one very confused lad. News like this isn't likely to calm him down.

With the return of "Desperate Housewives" in the fall, Carlos (Ricardo Antonio Chavira) will likely be in jail for business fraud. But now he knows his wife Gabrielle (Eva Longoria) has been messing around with John, the lawn boy.

"I'll kill you!" he bellowed at John.

Will he?

Or will the calculating Gaby who happens to be pregnant with who-knows-whose child devise a way to one-up Carlos again? (Up to now, she has a pretty good record.)

Will Lynette (Felicity Huffman), the desperate mother of four unruly kids, really return to the working world? After she messed up a promotion for her fast-track husband Tom (Doug Savant), he angrily quit his job and informed her they were swapping roles.

Why would this be a dilemma for Lynette, who has chafed at her stay-at-home-mom duties since the show began? Hasn't she been itching to resume her career? Or is this new plan fated to backfire somehow, a woeful example of "be careful what you wish for"? And just how good a stay-at-home-dad will Tom turn out to be?

As the first season ended, little but mystery surrounded the new desperate housewife Betty (Alfre Woodard). With her son, Josh, she moved into a house she bought from real estate agent Edie (Nicollette Sheridan) over the phone.

Edie is very curious why anyone would buy a house sight unseen. She, and more than 30 million viewers.

Finally, what does the future hold for dear, departed Mary Alice? After serving viewers as their from-the-grave narrator all last season, she knows the terrible secrets that drove her to suicide are public knowledge now.

Shouldn't she be spared from further chores on the show? Shouldn't she get to rest in peace at last? Highly doubtful. Whether the housewives are living or dead, there's little peace on Wisteria Lane

I think the show went on hiatus with a bang ... the writers did a great job in answering some questions, while leaving us with new ones ... (y) (y)

I wrote somewhere that Zach was rumored to be Mike's son ... but I don't want to think that could actually be true ... :o_O:

Do we have to wait 4 months ... :thud:

mystery_chick said:
nooo! wtf? Even if Zach is Mike's kid, Julie's not Mike's kid and there would be no way Zach and Julie are blood related, the worst they could come to is step siblings which would be wierd... :blink:
[post="1352287"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

oops, for some reason my mind spaced....

A biggie: Will Bree (Marcia Cross) be a grieving widow? Is her husband, Rex (Steven Culp), really dead? If so, will she have to defend herself against accusations by Rex's doctor that she in the past a vengeful, cheated-on wife was responsible for his death?

I don't think Rex is dead. I don't see the point of killing him off, unless the actor doesn't wanna come back to the show and has no contract past the first year, which I doubt.

Anyways, casual viewer here. I thought the finale was kinda slow, but hey, this isn't the running-through-alleys, killing-bad-guys-and-jumping-off-of-airplanes type of show that I'm used to.

It was also quite easy to predict throughout the night, but I guess that's the way things were meant to be.

After seeing that it was Mary Alice who killed Deardra, you just knew right there that Mike wasn't gonna shoot Paul. And you know that there were 2 possibilities regarding Mike's return home - either Zach shoots him and we don't know if he dies from the shot, or, well, what happened - we don't know if he shot him period.

Of course Mike is Zach's dad. Come on. Unless they pull a smart one on us, he very obviously is.

The funniest thing for me was John. Since he realizes he can't get what he really wants from Gabrielle, he said screw it, I'm gonna tell Carlos what happened, laugh about it, and screw Gabrielle in the process for not accepting my love.

:lol: He really was the winner there. And she gets what she deserves.

But I love her, Longoria is the reason I started watching. And Gabrielle rocks my socks. I love girls who know they're hot and aren't afraid to be all cocky about it. No pun intended. ;)

And is there anything more to Mary Alice's suicide other than the fact she couldn't live knowing that she was a murderer?

After all, it really was Deardra's kid and she really had no right to keep him.

Anyways, I think they could have done a little better than to trick us all season long thinking that Dana was someone else. I mean come on, I don't think even crazy-ass Deardra would name their baby son Dana. Give me a break!

This show is alright... Overrated? Sure. The ratings are better than the show's overall goodness, I guess. Lost should get better ratings. But since 60% of the American TV audience are women, I guess it makes sense. And they came on right after Sex and the City went off the air.

ivand67 said:
I don't think Rex is dead. I don't see the point of killing him off, unless the actor doesn't wanna come back to the show and has no contract past the first year, which I doubt.

[post="1352707"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Sometimes producers try something called a surprise. Crazy, I know! jk

Hibou said:
Sometimes producers try something called a surprise. Crazy, I know! jk
[post="1353618"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

lol.

I know he couldn't give anything away if he was coming back. But he was on Leno the other night and said that he wasn't even coming back for flashbacks...that he was done with the show.

Now whether that's true or not...who knows. ;)

I have so much to say but can't think of anything. I'm just in complete and utter shock that Rex got killed off. I love Steve Culp and he was one of the reasons I watched this show. I honestly don't think Mike is the father I just have that feeling you know! But you never know. I think the father might be Tom because in the one esp. when his father was in town he said something like I could never tell Lynette what happen years ago! So you never know I think it would be great. George should die and rot in hell you just don't kill rex. I know there is more to say but I can't think of it now!

Mel

SPOILER

It's sad Rex is gone but.............................................................................

SPOILER

After the thrird esp...Jesse is leaving............so sad!

Mel

I really like that one. I have the best time with the show. I always make it a habit not to miss the show. It is worth watching to me.

Back