Season3? Was it worth it?

After seeing the first couple episodes of Season 3,

• who said...was it worth the wait!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • who said...this couldn't of been worse

• who said...best episode ever, lets watch it again!?

• who said...that was prett y good

• who said...wait, what? I didn't get that, what happened????

• Total voters
OKay! After the first episode...I was like, this is kinda dull, U no I expected something that would hit with a BANG! :banghead: But, after a little while longer it got better with Lindsey and all... :cheers: But then last weeks episode with Will was back down! -_- well, I really didn't want Lindsey to die...it was making us see Sloane's true colors!

This season, well, I've thoroughly enjoyed it thus far. I know a lot (or a few anyway) have said that this season isn't all that great, that it's a bit of a let down, but I still get into it every time. I kind of liked seeing Syd kick Vaughn's ass at the beginning ;) . Hee hee. There are some slow parts, but it picks right back up again, and despite the "love triangle", I love Season Three!

P.S.
Is the first one supposed to be a question or statment? I don't mean to be nit-picky or anything... just wanted to check. :P

:cool:

I love Alias...all episodes. But I am a little let down with the season so far. The last episode, 3.10 was the best this season so far and I think it's going in the right direction now. But I am watching season two again, and I feel that is the best season so far. It was amazing. There are a lot of new characters and not alot of returning characters, so I think I may be adjusting tot he change still. The next episodes, 3.11 and 3.12 look amazing! (Like Pase One and the Counteragent from season 2) so I'm looking forward to January!

i think this season is pretty good, but it's not how it used to be...like this season, it's more about relationships and who's hookin up with who. like with syd...it's like, who's she kissing now??/ that's probably the only thing i hate about season 3.... (n)

even tho i was freaking out all summer and i personally thought the first two episodes of this season could have been WAY better...i gatta say it was worth the wait....

yeah, I agree with whoever said it before me (because I'm too lazy to quote someone) it's more of "who's syd kissing now?" I liked when the plot twists came at you from nowhere, but now it seems like more of a soap opera :(

Seanman2326 said:
even tho i was freaking out all summer and i personally thought the first two episodes of this season could have been WAY better...i gatta say it was worth the wait....
Yeah I agree with you. ^_^ It is worth the wait.

i have to say the first couple episodes weren't hot to trot or anything, but it's been really getting good during the past 4 episodes or so!!!!!!i'm really getting into it now!!!! it will be an excellent season!!!! i know it!!!!!!!!! alias is and always will be the best show ever!!!! :cool:

This season has really been a mixed bag. There have been some wonderful Jack moments, including a couple of very touching hugs between Jack and Syd, and some hilarious Syd/Sloane snarkiness. Jack practically owned "Breaking Point," and as a result it's been the best episode of the season so far. I thought I would fall off the couch laughing at his stash of weapons, cash, flak jackets, fatigues, and other assorted items that might come in handy for breaking one's daughter out of a top-secret NSA detention center. And in "The Two," we had the old Sydney back from season 1: Tough, smart, edgy, and non-whiny. I love the way she came back from two years of who-knows-what and just started taking care of business: She stole back a chip that was stolen from the CIA, killing the terrorist who stole it and blowing up his car in the process (he and his buddies were out cruising for chicks -- how funny was that! ) :lol:; she tore her erstwhile boyfriend a new one for getting married during her absence; and she blackmailed her new boss into ordering her dad released from jail. You go girl.

For the most part , though, this season has been disappointing. I hate torture scenes, and we have had at least one in every episode so far, unless I miss my guess. And lately all we've been getting is someone messing with her brain or torturing her. And apparently there is going to be plenty of both in episode 11. Ugh! I understand that some people aren't bothered by that, but I am. And if the writers were really on top of their game, they would be coming up with new ideas instead of constantly repeating themselves. And don't even get me started on that stupid "brain surgery" storyline! JJ, get yourself a new writing staff pronto! This one too often writes like a bunch of middle schoolers who have had too much caffeine. I have seen better writing in comic books than some of the drivel they have come up with this season. :angry:

There are other ideas to explore besides filguring out new ways to brutalize one character or another. Very little has been done to explore the relationship between Jack and Sloane. And we still don't know what Sloane's endgame is (what was in that envelope Lindsey gave to Sloane, anyway?). What about that scar on Syd's abdomen, which she has yet to have checked out by a doctor? And what about "il dire?" It was pretty unsatisfying to have such a big deal made out of that last season and have no payoff better than Sloane telling Jack about it this season.

I hope that better times are ahead for those of us who feel somewhat let down so far this season. I understand that there are some developments coming up that might be promising. I hope so. Right now, I am really watching "Alias" only for Jack and Victor Garber's spot-on portrayal of him. It is not a good sign when only one element of a show really catches your attention.

Ophelia said:
I hope that better times are ahead for those of us who feel somewhat let down so far this season.  I understand that there are some developments coming up that might be promising.  I hope so.  Right now, I am really watching "Alias" only for Jack and Victor Garber's spot-on portrayal of him.  It is not a good sign when only one element of a show really catches your attention.
Please remember that there is a lot more to come -_- this season is slower for a reason, it's about finding out the mystery, and next the mystery will be revealed, which makes me wonder, what will the rest of the season be like?

An episode is worth the wait, even if it's a little slow. -_-
I hope you like the rest of the season better ;)

ya, i agree with ophelia, alias has been a bit run down lately, there's not much action taking place and practically all the good stuff has been happening with jack, he's carrying the show onward. i am kind of getting annoyed that we still haven't found out what that scar is on syd's abdomen???

i'm not a fan of the over ruling torture scenes either, i hope there are not many of those in the up coming episodes, they're really gross

syd has become kinda whiny as well, she's not as hard core as she was in the first season, i know losing 2 years of ur life and not remembering is a frusterating thing but jeeze, pull ur self together girl! be the awesome ass kickin syd that we all love ;)

I say it's been worth the wait! Though there are some down points (Lauren and Vaughn STILL together) there are still some great parts. I love this show and I know it will just keep getting better.

Season 3 definitely has its good and bad points, but all in all I am beginning to enjoy this season. I mean, true, I don't like that Syd and Vaughn aren't together. Not just romantically, I mean I miss their chemistry as friends as well. The "peach is the new green" scene this season was cute, but then it was followed by an awkward pause, which sucked. I also don't like how Syd has no friends outside the CIA, no friends at all really except Weiss. I also miss Irina. And I miss the old Dixon. But oh well. There are lots of things I DO like about this season. I love how Jack is more open emotionally. He is really showing Sydney how much he truly cares about her, and is being more of a father to her than ever before. I also love Jack and Vaughn's ever evolving relationship. Can I be a Jack/Vaughn shipper? LOL cause I love the two of them together. I also love Sloane this season. I know he's not as good as he claims to be, but I love when Syd tells him how much she hates him and he just smiles. It's great! Even though I have been frustrated by the lack of info we've been given so far about Syd/Julia's missing two years, and the lack of info given about why everyone has changed and the lack of info given about Lauren and Vaughn's meeting and subsequent marriage, I just think that it means that when it's explained to us, the next part of this season is going to be AWESOME and I can't wait.

Ophelia said:
This season has really been a mixed bag. There have been some wonderful Jack moments, including a couple of very touching hugs between Jack and Syd, and some hilarious Syd/Sloane snarkiness. Jack practically owned "Breaking Point," and as a result it's been the best episode of the season so far. I thought I would fall off the couch laughing at his stash of weapons, cash, flak jackets, fatigues, and other assorted items that might come in handy for breaking one's daughter out of a top-secret NSA detention center. And in "The Two," we had the old Sydney back from season 1: Tough, smart, edgy, and non-whiny. I love the way she came back from two years of who-knows-what and just started taking care of business: She stole back a chip that was stolen from the CIA, killing the terrorist who stole it and blowing up his car in the process (he and his buddies were out cruising for chicks -- how funny was that! ) :lol:; she tore her erstwhile boyfriend a new one for getting married during her absence; and she blackmailed her new boss into ordering her dad released from jail. You go girl.

For the most part , though, this season has been disappointing. I hate torture scenes, and we have had at least one in every episode so far, unless I miss my guess. And lately all we've been getting is someone messing with her brain or torturing her. And apparently there is going to be plenty of both in episode 11. Ugh! I understand that some people aren't bothered by that, but I am. And if the writers were really on top of their game, they would be coming up with new ideas instead of constantly repeating themselves. And don't even get me started on that stupid "brain surgery" storyline! JJ, get yourself a new writing staff pronto! This one too often writes like a bunch of middle schoolers who have had too much caffeine. I have seen better writing in comic books than some of the drivel they have come up with this season. :angry:

There are other ideas to explore besides filguring out new ways to brutalize one character or another. Very little has been done to explore the relationship between Jack and Sloane. And we still don't know what Sloane's endgame is (what was in that envelope Lindsey gave to Sloane, anyway?). What about that scar on Syd's abdomen, which she has yet to have checked out by a doctor? And what about "il dire?" It was pretty unsatisfying to have such a big deal made out of that last season and have no payoff better than Sloane telling Jack about it this season.

I hope that better times are ahead for those of us who feel somewhat let down so far this season. I understand that there are some developments coming up that might be promising. I hope so. Right now, I am really watching "Alias" only for Jack and Victor Garber's spot-on portrayal of him. It is not a good sign when only one element of a show really catches your attention.
Yeah, she still hasn't found out about the scar on her stomach, but that is going to play out later in the season. I think JJ is just trying not to make it seem like it's not a big deal right now, but I definantly think it's going to play a bigger role later on in the season.

And I'm pretty mad about this dry spell, I kind of forget everything that has happened. I think that is becuase there really hasn't been anything really exciting in this season.

I feel that the latter half of the season is going to be completely opposite than this first half has been! It's going to be quick paced and were going to see all the characters in some hardcore action!

I love the show -- all of it.

It has been slow, but I think it's starting to build up. The gap has definitely created a great hunger for all of us who watch the show. Plus, I know that this is the "season flip", and in the audio commentary for "Phase One" (season 2), JJ said that the season flip is where he amps it up and takes the show into a different direction. I'm hoping it's non-stop from here on end...

Back