Second Chance

Second Chance

Disclaimer: I wish I owned the characters and Alias but sadly they don’t, they belong to JJ Abrams.

Ship: S/V and maybe Wadia later on. :love:

This takes place right after season 3.

A/N: This is my first fic, so thought I would post it and see what you guys think. Please read and review. Depending on what you guys think I might continue. Thanks everyone.
Also I want to say a special thanks to Mel (Tinker) for your help with this and also thanks to Becca for giving me the courage to finally post this. Because of all your help I decided to dedicate this first chapter to both of you. :D
Enjoy.

It’s their second chance to right all the wrongs, but will they succeed?? Fate has one last twist for Sydney and Vaughn.

Chapter 1

It had been two weeks since they had come back from Palermo and Sydney and Vaughn still hadn’t spoken about what had happened. That was partly because Vaughn had been in hospital recovering but, if she had wanted to, Sydney could have made time to see him. She wanted to of course, it was just she really didn’t know what to say and she wanted to give Vaughn time to think - after all he had just killed his wife. She didn’t want to force him back into a relationship with her, especially after such a traumatic event. But then again, he had come and saved her from Lauren and even admitted he loved her, didn’t that mean he wanted to be with her too? These thoughts all circulated around her head as she walked into the new CIA headquarters in L.A.

As she walked through the swing doors she stopped in amazement she wasn’t expecting to see him here, not so soon. It was Vaughn. He was standing there talking to her father. Isn’t he supposed to still be in hospital? Does this mean he’s fully recovered? Has he come back to work for the C.IA after everything that has happened? O my god this means I have to talk to him... and talk to him about what happened. It’s been two weeks and I still haven’t had the courage to speak to him.

At precisely that moment, Vaughn sensed something and turned towards the door. There he saw her…the women he loved, the most beautiful women in the world. He just wanted to run over to her, kiss her and hold her, but as he was standing there talking to her father, in the middle of the rotunda he thought it best not to act on his impulses. He just stood there silent staring at her as a wide grin appeared on his face. God he had missed her, just seeing her had made him smile, but his thoughts were interrupted.

“Agent Vaughn, is something the matter?” Jack asked in his usual monotone voice.

“Um…… No Jack. Would you excuse me a moment?”

Before Jack even had a chance to answer he was walking towards Sydney. He just needed to talk to her. He wanted to tell her how much he loved her and missed her, but most of all that he wanted her to be part of his life. Sydney was also walking towards him at the same fast pace. It was as though time stood still and there was no one in the room but them. Just as they met in the middle of the room they heard someone shouting at them.

“Guys! Sydney. Vaughn.” It was none other than Eric Weiss greeting his two best friends.

“O, hi Eric.” Sydney replied as Eric walked over to them. All I wanted was for me and Vaughn to finally talk about what happened between us. I guess it will have to wait.

“Hey man. How are you feeling? Any better?”

“Yeah. I’m good, feeling a lot better thanks. Actually Weiss, do you mind if I have a chat with Syd for a minute?” He asked slightly unsure of how Weiss would react. Weiss looked at him for a second before he got what he meant and realised he really didn’t want to be here for this conversation.

“Of course I have to catch up with Marshall before the briefing anyway. I’ll see you guys later.” And with that Weiss left and headed to Marshall’s office leaving Sydney and Vaughn alone again.

“Sydney, I….” Vaughn started, but was interrupted again, but this time by Sydney.

“Vaughn. Do you really think this is the place to talk to this?” She said gesturing to the fact that they were in the middle of the rotunda. Vaughn took Sydney’s hand and pulled her over to a quite corner of the office, which Weiss had previously named the flirting corner.

“Is this any better? I know it isn’t perfect, but I think we really need to talk about what happened and where we go from here. I mean it’s been two weeks and we haven’t even seen each other. It’s like you have been avoiding me.” Vaughn pleaded with her.

“Vaughn. I know. I wanted to come and visit you. I just didn’t want to pressure you into anything….I just……” Sydney stopped. She was completely overcome with emotion. She wanted to tell him that she wanted to be with him that no matter what, he was the love of her life and she needed him, but she was afraid. Afraid that he wouldn’t want her back or wasn’t ready to be with her or wanted to move on completely and erase her out of his life. The one thing she didn’t realise was that Vaughn was afraid of exactly the same thing, but he knew he loved her and knew that at least at some point she had loved him too.

“Syd.” Was all he needed to say, with all the care and concern in his voice as her wrapped his arms around her. She just melted into him. She wanted to stay like this forever. She wanted to be in his arms and for him to never let her go.

Finally they pulled away from each other, but just enough so that Vaughn hands were resting around her waist. He stared into her eyes and she stared in to his and that was all they needed to know how the other one felt. Just then Dixon came over to them and coughed trying to get their attention.

“Hi Dixon.” Syd said as she turned round to face Dixon as Vaughn let her go.

“I was just trying to find you two. The meetings starting.”

“We’ll be right there.” Vaughn replied and with that the three of them walked across the rotunda and into the briefing room, where Weiss, Marshall and Jack were already seated.

“Well now that everyone is here I think we should start.” Dixon said. “Jack.” He motioned for Jack to speak.

“Well, as you all know we had Sark in custody…” He started.

“What do you mean HAD Sark in custody?” Weiss asked in a concerned tone.

“Yesterday Sark was being transferred to a more secure location for further questioning when the convoy that he was travelling in was ambushed.” Everyone all stared at Jack. This was not the first time Sark had escaped from custody, but they all thought that there would be more security to prevent it happening again. “There’s more. We believe that he was rescued by none other than…….”

TBC?

:jawdrop: you dare asking if you should continue? 🐟
😆 of course you have too! (y) :poke:
:Please:
and could I get a PM too? :angelic:
thankiiiiiiiies!! :woot: :jump: :smooch:

ETA: firstie of the firstiiies!! :makefun: *giggles*

Thanx for reading Sci. :D
Of course you can get a pm. (y)
I don't know when I will be updating though have only just started the second chapter.
And well done on being first. lol.

:woot: woohoo!! :happydance: hehe yeah I know I'm good :angelic: lol :P
dats good keep writting (y) I'll just try to be patient *paces near the comp* :D

OH..MY.. GOSH Ali. :jawdrop: Thanks for the dedication hunny, It's really great as I told you before...hehe now your a published author!

I know someone famous! I know someone famous... ok slightly too hyper for so early in the morning.

Anyways I better be on your best friend PM list of the greatest gals in the world!

See you at college!

Mel xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

hey!
jst wanted to say its realy gd so far mate and wel done for havin the courage to post it!lol thanks for the dedication :D
luv becca xxxxxxxxxxxxx

You're added Sare.
And Sci have almost finished the next two chapters, so if I don't get to posting them tonight they will probably be up tomorrow, but just incase you can't wait here is a little spoiler.
Sydney and Vaughn along with the rest of the CIA team go on a mission to find Sark and -------------, but the mission doesn't go exactly to plan.

ALISON.... :jawdrop: ...WHY AM I NOT THE FIRST ON YOUR PM LIST?!?!?!?!?!?!

:argue:

I guess you just dont love me like u used to..

...jokes.

Love you too hun xxx

The reason you aren't first is because Scialet was the first to reply so is first in the list.
You can be first on the addicts list if that would make u feel better??
Sorry :(
I still love you hunny. :love:

I might not want to be on your addicts list now...I'm eternally scarred. Hehe.

...cheeky :sly:

ANyways... i do despersately want to be the first on your addicts list as signified by the group wave...

:groupwave: :groupwave: :groupwave: :groupwave:

Alias_rocks_87 said:
The reason you aren't first is because Scialet was the first to reply so is first in the list.
You can be first on the addicts list if that would make u feel better??
Sorry  :(
I still love you hunny. :love:
[post="1310582"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

:makefun:
can I be #2? :angelic:
on da addict list! :rolleyes:
I definitely keep my 1st place on da PM list :winner:
:whistle:

Pm List
Scialet
Tinker
sab-alias
dreamer920
SarahBear
Angel

Addicts list
#1 – Tinker (Mel)
#2 - Scialet

There you go. This should make you happy. :D
Also have finished the next two chapters and they will be up as soon as Mel has finished beating them for me. I feel bad for it taking a while so i'm going to give you two chapters to make up for it. The one problem is I think she has fallen sleep as she isn't replying on msn!!!
So if your still on here Mel, please send the fic back to me so I can post it please.

Actually my reading ability is being jeopordised by the distraction of footballer's wives on tv. Hehe.

:blush:

They're wicked chappys everyone...you'll like em.

Mwah xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Back