Secrets and Deception

Title: Secrets and Deception
Authors: Sierra (AliasSydney502) and Mary (littleangel)
Disclaimer: We dont own Alias... obviously.
Type: AU
Distribution: Also on Allies > HERE
Rating: Pg.... warnings will be posted.. if ever...

Our Christmas Gift to all of you who spend time reading. We love you all!

~Chapter One~

Doctor Michael Vaughn was standing in the lounge, pouring a coffee for himself, when his beeper went off. He sighed, he already had a 12-hour shift behind him and now they called him back again.

When he left the room he saw a young woman being brought in on a gurney. She had a bandage on her right leg, which was already soaked with blood, and cuts and bruises all over her face. He jumped in with the nurses and went back to work, leaving his steaming cup of coffee for another more fortunate person.

“So what do we have here?” He asked as he went with them into the next free operation room.

“Twenty-five-year-old woman found beaten. Seems her leg was broken and misplaced. It will need to be reset. She has lost a great amount of blood but we were able to stop the bleeding and she’s stable now.” The paramedic explained to him.

“Well, then let us put her back together.” He grabbed what he would need.

^~^~^

She woke up in an unfamiliar bed, surrounded by various monitors and things that where beeping incessantly. She groaned when she felt a sharp pain in her right leg and looked up to see a man dressed in white approach her bed.

“Who are you?” She asked, trying to get everything straight, which was complicated because of the pain she was in. Her head ached and her stomach growled.

“My name is Michael Vaughn. I’m your doctor. Do you remember your name?” He asked quietly.

“I’m not stupid.” She retorted. She didn’t like being asked such stupid questions. Hah, as if she wasn’t able to remember her own name.

“I’m sorry, but that isn’t what I wanted to know.” He joked, smiling. If she were able to feel her right leg any more than the pain, she would swear it felt the same as her left; like jelly. His smile made her smile, even when she wasn’t very content with the situation.

“Jamie Smith.” She said seriously, trying to hide her smile.

“Um…ok…” He pulled out his clipboard and began to write something down.

“I was kidding.” She laughed at his bewildered expression. Her cheeks started hurting and she stopped mid-laugh. “Its Sydney. Sydney Bristow.”

“Oh. Yeah, really funny. Scare me for nothing.” He shook his head in mock disgust. “So, do you remember what happened?”

“Not really.” She closed her eyes trying to picture the last thing she remembered. She knew what happened, kind of, but she wasn’t going to tell him that. “It’s all fuzzy.” She lied.

“Do you know who could have done it? Or did you do it?” He asked.

“No. How long do I have to stay here?” She tried to change the subject. “Does it say that on that sheet…” She reached over attempting to take it from him and read it, but the ache in her leg and her body caused her to lie back onto the bed, tears welling in her eyes.

He quickly grabbed her hand and squeezed it reassuringly. “You shouldn’t move, Ms. Bristow, you might rip the stitches in your leg.”

“No, really?” She said sarcastically, colder than she should have. She used her other hand and wiped her eyes. “I’m sorry.”

“No, don’t apologize, it’s not your fault.” He realized that he shouldn’t be touching her and removed his hand from hers. His hand felt cold without hers in it. “You do, however, have to stay here for two weeks or three. We can’t have you messing up that leg anymore than it already is.” He smiled at her and turned to leave.

“Doctor Vaughn?” She asked tentatively.

“Yeah?” He turned around to look at her again. She was so beautiful, and looking at her was certainly something he could get used to. Unfortunately it was forbidden to get involved with patients. He slightly shook his head. He hardly knew her, why was he thinking about getting involved with her?

“Thanks.” She gave him a small smile that made him want to take all her pain away and just make her happy.

“You’re welcome,” Michael said smiling, “I’ll come to see you again later.”

“Could you bring me some morphine too? It hurts like hell.” Sydney asked, giving him another weak smile, her cut lips lightly lifting to the right.

“I’ll send a nurse in to give you some, so you don’t have to wait so long. Want anything else?” He asked her.

“Lots of things but I don’t think it’s your job to bring it to me.” Sydney laughed.

“If you need anything, call me.” Michael offered.

“I certainly keep that in mind.” Sydney replied, flirting slightly. That moment Doctor Vaughn’s beeper went off again and he excused himself.

TBC...
We :love: reviews!

Oh, You've got me intrigued. Dr.Vaughn eh, that sounds very sexy. This story is very unique, I can't wait to read more. I love how they are already flirting with each other.
“Thanks.” She gave him a small smile that made him want to take all her pain away and just make her happy.

“You’re welcome,” Michael said smiling, “I’ll come to see you again later.”

Can I please get a PM when you update?
Thanks.

wow, quiet the turnout for christmas day...

yeah, we thought Doctor Vaughn was sexy too...
he better take good care of her... *shifty eyes* heehee...

Mary is out for the day.. possibly, so she'll post later.... right?

Back