Seen Better Days

Here's your chance for a spoiler! Name at least one movie that JJ Abrams has written. You only get one guess and you gotta PM to me. Good luck!

Sorry guys, Charlie answered the question the fastest. He got the spoiler. Even though all your answers were right, time was on Charlie's side.

Anxiously, Marshall walked towards Sydney. He couldn’t find Vaughn and Weiss was the last person he wanted to see. Sydney proved to be his only other friend within work.
“Sydney?” He sat down next to her at her desk.
“Yes Marshall?” She smiled.
“Can I..ask you for some relationship advice?”
“Its about Carrie, isn’t it?”
He chuckled. “Yeah. This morning I went to Joe’s diner like I always do. They have the best waffles with whipped cream on the side-.”
“Marshall.”
“Right, the point. When I got into my car to leave, I saw Carrie arrive..with Weiss.”
“Ohh,” she said.
“Exactly. Excluding some online love affairs, Carrie is my first, real girlfriend. I don’t want to mess it up over, ya know, some misunderstanding.”
“Marshall, I suggest that you talk to Carrie. She really likes you and Weiss isn’t that kind of guy.”
“I know, I know. I’m new at this.”
“Well, relationships aren’t easy. I saw Carrie earlier, she was going to the cafeteria to get a drink.”
“I’ll try to catch her,” Marshall stood up. “Thanks for the talk.”
“It was nothing.”
He smiled at her and then headed towards the cafeteria.

Patiently, Vaughn waited for the two bottles of water to come out of the machine. He remembered the trick Weiss had told him about the vending machines. Subtly, he held his hand over the dispenser of the machine felt the bottles of water bounce off of each other. Seconds later he heard two more bottles of water being dispensed.
He grabbed the bottles and entered the cafeteria. With his salary, the government owned him more than two extra bottles of water. He spotted Weiss and Carrie at a nearby table, talking intimately. She placed her hand on top of his.
His eyes fell on Marshall.
“Oh God,” Vaughn muttered as he put down the bottles on a table.
Marshall interrupted their conversation by giving Weiss a sucker punch to the face.
“Marshall!” Carrie yelled while grabbing his arm.
“felgercarb,” Vaughn said as he ran towards them. “Break it up!” Vaughn said as he came between them. “Both of you should ashamed, you’re grown men! And you are both lucky that Kendall isn’t here.”
“Tell Marshall that!” Weiss yelled.
“You’re one to talk! It’s not enough that you’re funny, and have great social skills but now you have to take my girlfriend too?!” Marshall yelled back.
“That’s not true!” Carried said. “Come on,” she pulled him away. “I’m sorry,’ she said to Vaughn and Weiss.
She brought him to an empty office and closed the door.
“What the hell was that?!” She asked.
“You’re mad at me?! I’m not the one that’s cheating!”
“Whoa! Just because you see me talk to Weiss I’m automatically cheating?!”
“No! I saw you two at the diner this morning!”
She sighed. “Marshall, I’m not having an affair with Weiss. A few nights ago, I went back to my ex’s house because he claimed I had left some of my things there. He lied and we got into an argument. He hit me, which is the reason why he’s my ex. I went to Weiss for help. I was too afraid to go to you, because..you’re just too sweet,” she sobbed and cupped her mouth. “I thought that you wouldn’t want me after finding out this out.”
He exhaled. “Carrie, I will always be there for you. I could care less about your past relationships.”
She cried even more. “You’re unbelievable. I don’t deserve you.”
He shrugged and wrapped his arms around her. “Don’t say that. I love you, and you deserve that.”
Stunned, she looked at him.
“And from the look on your face I’m just going to act like I didn’t say that,” he said.
“No. I love you too Marshall.”
“Really? W-wow,” he smiled happily. “I should really apologize to Weiss.”
“Yeah, but not now. Just hold me for awhile.”
“Whatever you want,” he kissed her.

Quietly, Josh paid the taxi driver and got out of the cab. A cat stopped in front of him and it’s yellow eyes glowed in the night. He paused and then began walking again when it went away.
Earlier, he had called Stephanie on her mobile phone. He thanked God that she didn’t many questions when he asked if he could spend the night with her. He went to the back door of Jack’s house and lightly knocked.

She opened the door and motioned for him to enter. Silently, she led him up the stairs. He entered her room and sat on the queen size bed. She locked the bedroom door and joined him on the bed.
“Josh,” she whispered. “What happened?”
He couldn’t make eye contact with her at first. Instead, his eyes scanned the pajamas she was wearing; a spaghetti string top and low-rise cotton bottoms. He remembered that he was in Jack’s house, and in her room. Immediately, his gaze met with hers.
“Josh,” she whispered again.
He slowly took off his shirt. She was caught off-guard by this action and couldn’t help but to stare at his muscular chest and arms. Tears began to well up in her eyes when she saw his bruised covered back.
“Now you know why I hate my stepfather,” his blue eyes were filled with water. His jaw set.
“How..how could your mother let this happen?”
“Easy, she ignores it. A few hours ago I used his office to do some paperwork. He lost it.”
“You haven’t told anyone, that’s you’re showing me.”
“After all these years, you still find a way to read my mind.”
“You let this go on. You’ve got to tell someone.”
“No. I’ve dealt with it for 5 years, I could take it for a few more months.”
“But Josh-.”
He moved close to her and reached out for the hand pendant of her necklace. Then, their necklaces were joined together by the clasping hand pendants.
“I trust you,” he said. She could feel his body heat radiating from his chest. They stared into each other’s eyes. She got off the bed causing the hands to unclasp.
“I promise,” she intertwined her fingers with his when she held his hand. “I’m going to get an ice pack.”
He nodded when she left the room. With an ice pack, a bowl of water, a towel and washcloth in hand, she laid out the towel on the bed and told him to lie flat on stomach.
He would occasionally wince or quietly moan as she tended his wounds.
“Don’t even try to ask to sleep on the floor. You’re injured and this bed is big enough for the both of us,” she said. “Do you want to turn off the air conditioning?”
“No, its fine.”
“Ok,” she gently pulled the blanket up to his waist.
“What are you going to do about Jack?”
“I’ll just use the PMS excuse and come in late. I’ll have Vaughn pick me up on his lunch break.”
“Thanks for doing this,” he watched her slip under the blanket.
“That’s what friends are for,” she stared him for a while. “Goodnight.”
“Night.”
She closed her eyes and listened to him breathe as they both fell into a deep sleep.

Wow.....I dont know what it is Suga...but every chapter is wonderful.....you cease to amaze me....it a miracle how good you write....so now I am anticipating the next chapter.

Thanks to everyone who has replied to my little old fic. The very last chap will be posted tomorrow. Don't worry though, there will be a sequel ;)

sugababyboo said:
Thanks to everyone who has replied to my little old fic.  The very last chap will be posted tomorrow.  Don't worry though, there will be a sequel ;)
Last chapter :eek: :eek: :eek: :confused: :confused: :confused: :( :( :(

BUT!!!!!!!!!!!!

SEQUEL :woot: SEQUEL :woot: SEQUEL :woot: SEQUEL :woot: YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot:

Casually, Weiss walked into Joe’s diner and sat at his usual booth. The delicious aroma of hamburgers, French fries and many other lunch foods welcomed him. His usual waitress, Cindy, served him a cup of coffee.
Wrapping his fingers over the handle, he brought the mug to his mouth and took a swig from it. He sighed when he felt the warm liquid travel down his throat. As he was about take another sip, Marshall sat across from him.
“Hi,” Marshall said.
“Hey,” Weiss simply replied.
“I’m sorry about yesterday. I’m usually not a violent person.”
“Jealousy makes people do crazy things.”
“I know. Thanks for helping Carrie.”
He shrugged, “Don’t mention it.”
“If it’s ok with you, I’d like to buy you lunch. I mean, you got rid of Ian and I punched you, I at least owe you that.”
“I’ve never been able to turn down a free meal,” he smiled. “But you do know that I’m going to choose the most expensive one.”
“I anticipated it,” Marshall replied.
They laughed.

Cautiously, Jeremy entered Sloane’s offices. Hours before, the CIA had given him an elixir that contained an isotope. In exchange for his cooperation, they placed his family into the waitress protection program.
The sweat on his palms caused him to lose grip on the doorknob to Sloane’s office. He breathed deeply and then opened the door.
“Jeremy,” Sloane said he got out of his chair.
“Mr. Sloane, you called for me?” Jeremy replied as he closed the door.
“I can’t seem to find file on Rambaldi’s biography, could you help me locate it?”
“Of course,” he went over to the other side of the desk.
Without warning, Sloane stuck a tranquilizer into Jeremy’s neck and shoved him to the floor.
“I had one of my men follow you the other day. If there is one that that I do not tolerate, it’s traitors,” Sloane walked over to the door. “As you might have already noticed, you’ve begun to lost all feeling. The tranquilizer is unlike any other, because when the vent behind you releases a poisonous gas, you’ll be completely paralyzed,” he opened the door. “During all of this the door will be unlocked,” he walked out.
A gray gas seeped through the vent behind him. He felt the life being drained out of him.

In silence, they stood in the flirting corner. Vaughn embraced her tightly.
“We’re never going to catch him,” Sydney said.
“Sydney, don’t say that. We will, I know it,” he stroked her hair.
“I’m beginning to lose hope, Vaughn. How many more families is he going to destroy be he gets the journal and the devices?”
“I wish I can answer that.”
“I can’t believe that Kendall wants you to inform Jeremy’s family.”
“I can.”
“I’m going to do it for you.”
“Syd, you really don’t have to.”
“It was bad enough that he made you tell Stephanie. I’m taking this one,” her mind was made up.
“All right,” he continued to hold her.
She buried her face into his chest, and found her haven in his embrace.

Carelessly, Stephanie walked into the kitchen. Busily, Jack stood over the stove stirring. Curiously, she went over to him.
“You can cook?” She said.
“For quite some time now. I maybe out of practice but I’m not deficient,” he replied as he continued to stir the spaghetti sauce.
“I didn’t say you were, I’ve just never seen you in a kitchen before, wearing an apron. And when did you start wearing casual clothes?” She teased.
“Funny. Try this,” he held the wooden ladle to her mouth.
“Mmmm, that’s good!”
“Surprised, I see. I took a few culinary classes in college.”
She began to set the table. “Really? I wonder why my dad never told me that.”
“It must have slipped his mind,” he took her plate and heaped a pile of spaghetti on it.
As handed him her plate, she thought of Josh.
“Jack, can I ask you a question?”
“Of course,” he sat down and hoped that he could answer it. He couldn’t remember giving Sydney fatherly advice as a teenager.
“I’ve been reading this book on child abuse. The author said that it wasn’t considered abuse during your time, (meaning those who were raised primarily in mid 50’s and 60’s) a parent hitting their child was seen as a form discipline. Is there any truth to this?”
He didn’t respond at first.
“Jack?”
“Yes. It was common for parents to use physical force as discipline. I know this from personal experience.”
“Oh god.”
“My-my father was a perfectionist, to say the least. If I did something the wrong way or made a mistake, I’d pay for it. One time, I received an 80 on an English test…I was sore for weeks. Irina was raised in the same kind of environment. She has the scars to prove it. They saw it as discipline, but I didn’t. I still don’t. A child is not to suppose to fear his or her parents. When Irina and I got married we vowed to never lay hand on our children.”
For the first time, she was speechless. His face was expressionless, but she knew that he fought to keep it that way. She looked into his eyes and knew that she had inadvertently opened up an unhealed wound. She never once heard him open about his past; apart of her regretted asking that question. Now, she knew why he wore a cold exterior. Irina was the partial reason, but his past had molded him.
Josh entered her mind again, but she couldn’t bring herself to tell Jack. Instead, she simply reached out and held his hand.
At first, he just stared at her. Then, he gripped back.

The End

Back