Politics Self-Mutilization

Jaimie

Retired
Before I get into this topic, please read the following

There is to be NO FLAMING.
There is to be NO MAKING FUN OF MEMBERS.
This is a topic open for everyone, but please be respectful of others because the last time there was a topic, people got out of hand and started flaming one another and there's no need for flaming and bashing in intelligent conversations and debates. And please remember that everyone is different, so they think in different ways.

Now, if you feel you can abide by simple rules...

For years, I used to be a cutter. Anywhere, everywhere. I was extremely depressed and angry and the only way I could think to release that was cutting myself. Now, I've been "clean" for a year, about the same time I went off my depression medicine and realized it was making me more depressed. Somedays I get depressed but I no longer want to cut, in fact, the thought of it makes me sick and I'm ashamed I used to do it. Now whenever I see my scars, they are reminders of my idiocy. At the time I felt helpless and alone, but I realized I wasn't alone, I just was ignoring the help from the people around me. I just want to know people's thoughts on self-mutilization and if people why people who that are currently doing it, do it.

i'm so sorry that you had to go through that. honestly, i can never comprehend the complexity of the human mind. i took an intro to psych class and found out that psych meds bring people up to the normal range of emotions. w/o them, people can feel way worse and truly depressed. it's good to know that you're able to cope a bit better without meds cuz personally, i don't really put too much trust in medications.

Back