Sept 11 stories

I was getting ready for a broadcast class during my junior year of college which started at 8 AM. We had a sub since our instructor was supposed to leave for DC for an XM Satellite Radio launch party on the same day, coincidentally. Well, when she got to Ontario airport in Ontario,CA, her flight got cancelled. In my Rock and Roll History class at 11 AM, we watched a Grateful Dead concert on tape because of instead of taking a test. We could have left if we wanted because of what happened in NYC.

I saw the 2nd plane crash live on TV getting ready for school. I swear it was like watching a movie at the time like "Die Hard." It was very surreal at the time.

Well, i was asleep, cos it happened about 11pm Adelaide time. I woke up the next morning and went to school, and i didnt even know anything had happened until my friend came up and was like "oh, have you heard whats happened in America? Some planes have flown into these two big buildings." I didnt even know what the trade centres were, and neither did anyone else really. I just though it was like, an accident or something, but then i went home after school, and it was all over the news, and i knew it wasnt an accident.
I seriously watched the news for HOURS that day. It was really sad. :( It was like watching scenes from a movie, and that made it even sadder.

The next day, everyone was just so quiet. Like on the train, no one was talking, and you just knew they were thinking about the trade centres and what had happened. And at school, in every lesson we all just talked about what had happened with the teachers, and kinda just didnt do anything, and then i went home and watched the news all night again.

i was at home sick that day, and my mom came in from running an errand and turned on the tv and we watched the towers completely collapse, i started crying.

I was in 4th grade when it happened. There is an advanced class and you get out of your normal classes on Tuesdays. Our teacher was the only one in the whole school that was allowed to have a tv. I remember some idiot kids hiding under tables laughing about how they were going to kill us all. And they were laughing! I was gonna punch them. Anyway, when I went back to my regular classes, I was the only one in my class who knew about it, including my teacher. I told them all, most didn't believe me though. Then I went home, and my sister ran out and hugged me.

On September 11, I walked into my class room in a daze because I had just talked to this amazingly cute guy and I wasn't really paying attention to anyone. I dimly noticed that the lights were out and the TV was on and my teacher was really upset but it took me a minute to zone back in on what was happening. I looked up at the television screen filled with images of destroyed buildings, fire, and smoke, and thought, "That poor, poor country." Because there wasn't even any thought in my mind that that building was in the US. America couldn't be under attack because... we were America. Then I realized that it was us and I broke down. It was a horrible day for me. -_-

First day or second day of art class..... our teacher told us about it and at first i didn't know how to react but after i cam ehome and saw it on the news, i broke down and cried :cry: eventhough thankfully my family wasn't hurt....i was still grieveing for all those people and children that lost their live :cry:

I was in my 2nd period language arts class. My forst period teacher mentioned somthing happened but we didn't know what. Then my 2nd period teacher told us everything he knew and we didn't do anything for the rest of the day.

My uncle is a fireman in NYC and lost quite a few of his friends. He was also there on 9-11 and the days following it.

He took me onto ground zero one day (It was toward the end of the clean up i belive.)

I was preparing for a girl that is a year older then me- memiriol day. she was killed in a pizza place a month earlier by terrorist. (bomb)
I seriously thought it was the end of the world.

i was sleeping when it happened. i found out when i got in the car to carpool to school. as usual, we listened to the news. my friend's dad asked me, "Did you hear about the Pentagon bombing?" i said no, cuz back then (Freshman in high school) i didn't watch the news in the morning. i just thought that it's some minor thing that the Pentagon got itself into. then when i got to school, people were watching it on the news and everyone was really somber. then this guy walks in the room, looks around and asks "why does everyone look so sad, it's not like Aaliyah died again". it wasnt until 2nd period during science that we finally logged onto CNN.com did i see the footage of the WTC. up til 9/11/01, i honestly didnt even know what the WTC looked like. honestly, i didnt feel anything out of the ordinary that day. i actually felt more distraught over the Columbia accident in Feb. 2003 than i did over 9/11. now that's another story. remember the crew of STS-107.

I was in my English class that morning, I can remember we were just getting ready to some sort of discussion, and then our teacher had been hearing rumors about the trade center being hit and we just watched CNN for the rest of the hour. I just remember at lunch it was all that we could talk about, then in my history class we had to write an essay about how we felt.

Back