Serendipity

OO this sounds REALLY good!!!
-I can't wait til Syd and Vaughn meet!!!
He won't be bored when she comes into town!!! ;)
-Great update!! Thanks for the pm!!

Wow, you're got me very intrigued. I am curious as to what Vaughn's love history was like and why he's not dating anyone. Well, that can change once Sydney enters his life. Please keep me on your PM list. Thanks.

Oh! Sounds good...love the start! Can't wait till Sydney makes her grand entrance! Please keep me on the PM list! Can't wait for more!! :D :jump:

ooh, sounds interesting.

you gotta keep me on the PM list, pretty please. i cant wait to see how/when they meet

so, you gotta hurry up and update. i just have a question. how do you keep coming up with stories? i have a hard enough time updating mine. i think i need some more inspiration from somewhere i think.

thanks for the PM

~*~ kara ~*~

i just have a question. how do you keep coming up with stories? i have a hard enough time updating mine. i think i need some more inspiration from somewhere i think.
:lol: i'm afraid that's an unanswerable question because ihave no idea. All i can tell you is that i have an over active imagination and i've been thinking up storylines/scenarios for years, and i'm finally writing them down

a few things more things:
20 chaps - forgot to mention that before
Michael is not luke from GG! :lol: like i mentioned in a post before, Luke is much more of a curmugeon (now there's a word ;) ) basically luke can be pissy/moody/luke-ish but michael's not = though i do see how you could compare them being that i do, in fact, love GG :smiley:

Chapter 2

Michael worked furiously through the lunch hours as he usually did. That day there happened to be a small fire in the kitchen due to the fact that his ever-incompetent chef had dropped an oven mitt on the grill. Though the fire had raised Michael’s stress level and made him wish his chef had never been born, it was put out quickly and business continued as usual. Eric, the chef, apologized profusely, but since it wasn’t even close to being his first infraction, Michael wasn’t overly impressed or sympathetic. In fact, for a while he contemplated firing him for what would have been the fifth time, but he knew there was no replacement and he could not do the work himself (as he found out the other four times Eric had been fired), so instead he just sulked and let it add to the depression of his mood.

At 3 p.m. that afternoon, when there was only one person eating in the diner, Michael was in the back organizing things for the dinner rush when he heard shouting and the bell above the door jiggling wildly. “Can we get some help out here?!”

Michael dropped the box he had been trying to wrestle open and rushed out to the front of the diner. He saw three men helping a brown haired girl into a booth. However they were clustered too tightly around her for him to tell what was going on or to see who she was. “What’s going on?” he asked as he approached.

“Michael, can you get us some ice and a cold glass of water,” Arthur, the city’s 65-year-old mayor asked him.

“Sure, one second,” Michael said before rushing behind the counter. He sloppily poured a glass of water and then grabbed a handful of ice, which he put in a bowl and carried over to them. It was only when he was right beside them that he realized the girl sitting at the booth was bleeding profusely from a large gash on her head. He did not recognize her as a local.

“Oh god, what happened?” Michael gasped as he set down the water and ice.

“We don’t know,” Matthew Pinker, another one of the town’s residents, said. “Art found her stumbling down along the main road and brought her in here. She hasn’t said anything,” he explained in a low voice.

“Well Jesus, you’re crowding her. Give her space to breathe,” Michael said as he pulled back the three men surrounding the obviously frightened and confused woman who was looking around the room frantically. Michael sat down at the booth across from her and pushed the glass of water so that it was right in front of her. Her eyes locked on him and his heart skipped a beat in his chest.

Her huge brown eyes, though filled with fear, had a softness to them. Her skin was a soft creamy color and her lips were full and pink despite the fact that one of them was split and bleeding.

Regaining his composure, Michael cleared his throat and said softly, “Sip some water, you’ll feel better.”

She looked down at the glass and lifted it slowly to her lips, taking a few short sips before putting it back down on the table. “Good, good,” Michael said. “Can you tell me your name?”

“Name...,” she repeated as she looked down and around the table, everywhere but at him. “I.... I don’t know...,” she croaked, her voice indicating her terror.

“Better get Doc Hampton,” the mayor muttered to the man standing beside him. The man nodded and disappeared out of the diner.

Michael focused all his attention on the woman sitting in front of him, who was starting to cry. He grabbed a handful of napkins and handed them to her. “You’re ok, you’re going to be okay,” he said in a soothing voice. “Do you know what day it is? What month? Year?”

“I... um... July...2006,” she said after stammering a few moments.

“Good,” Michael smiled. “This is July twelfth. Do you remember the last thing you did?”

She shook her head and clutched one of the napkins to her teary eyes. “N-no,” she stammered. “I... drove... maybe, I don’t know.”

“Okay, well you might have been in a car accident,” he said calmly. “The roads are slippery out there today.”

“I... I guess,” she sighed. She raised a trembling hand to her forehead and began to trace the gentle lines that had appeared there, but jumped when her fingertip brushed across the gash in her head. She slowly brought her hand down to eyelevel and upon noticing the crimson blood on her finger, looked horrified.

“It’s okay,” Michael told her. “You just have a little cut; we’ll clean that up for you.” He took one of the napkins and rubbed it across the bowl of ice, moistening it. Then, slowly, he reached forward and pressed it to the cut on her head. She winced and hissed in pain. “Sorry,” he said quietly. “Just hold it there; I’m sure the doctor will be here shortly.

She nodded slowly as a few more tears escaped down her cheek. Michael slipped out of the booth and pulled the mayor aside, speaking to him quietly, “Where did you say you found her?”

“Stumbling out along the main road about a mile and a half back. I thought she was drunk, so I pulled over, but then I saw the cut and...I brought her here,” he shrugged.

“Alright, maybe someone should go back there and look for a car that was in an accident. There might be a purse there with some sort of identification,” he said. The mayor nodded and slipped out of the diner just as the town’s physician, Doctor Richard Hampton, walked in. Michael directed him towards the woman and the doctor crouched down beside her.

“I’m Doc Hampton, may I look at your head?” he asked as he slipped a rubber glove on his right hand. She nodded slowly and lowered the napkin she had been holding to her forehead. The doctor instructed her to turn and slide forward a bit so that he could better examine the wound. She did as he asked.

“Well, it’s not too deep. You shouldn’t need stitches. We’ll just use some of this skin glue stuff and you should be fine,” the doctor smiled as he reached into the tiny black bag he’d brought with him.

“Um... she doesn’t remember her name,” Michael told him quietly knowing that a symptom like that didn’t exactly fit the definition of ‘fine’.

“She doesn’t?! You don’t?!” the doctor asked her. Sydney shook her head while biting her bottom lip. “In that case, we should probably walk down to my office... it’s only about a hundred feet, you think you can walk that far?” he asked her. She nodded and he got out of her way so she could stand.

She stood but had only walked two steps before stumbling. She nearly fell to the ground, but Michael reacted quickly and caught her around the waist. He drew her close to him as she wrapped her arms around his supportive frame. Michael nearly got lost in the feeling of her in his arms and how strangely perfect it felt, but he quickly realized his surroundings and set her up on her feet. “Perhaps I should help you,” he smiled softly at her. Quickly, he tossed his apron on a nearby stool before shouting to Eric that he needed to watch the diner for customers. Then, he secured an arm around the woman’s waist to help her to the nearby doctor’s office.

They walked slowly as the woman looked all around, trying to take in her surroundings. Finally, they reached the office and Michael passed her off to the doctor, who pulled her into one of his two examination rooms. Michael, unsure of what else to do, sat down to wait. He knew the diner wouldn’t be overly busy at this time. Plus he knew he just couldn’t abandon her there especially since she was scared, alone and knew no one… not that she knew him. In addition to his innate do-good nature making him stay, there was a connection he felt to her, one that he couldn’t understand nor could he explain, he simply felt it, stronger than he had ever felt anything.

PM LIST
6helterskelter6
Addicted 2 Alias
ae_gurl293
albob
alias#1
alias_chick_47
Alias79
Aliaschick347
aliasfan212
aliasfreak8903
AliasSydney502
Alwazabrat
ams4alias
Angel
angiverl
anji_alias
aprilsfool6
ashqua
ASIOagent
atekamel
batman
benzmine
blknight
BrownEyedGirl
catfishally
Catpin
Chicketepee
ChrisM
cookiemonster
Crazy for Alias
dandan
derevkointraining
Descena
Donniegirl
dorod

EJ11
ekm324
fieldstation
fire*N*ice
frangipani
freckles3706
freelancer79
funkymonkey
grassyass
gregstar
gucci_94
hannahb
helpleessromantic
i love vaughny
icaughtmeasark
iheartvaughn
jadeygirl
KAliasGirl
Kate_14
kittykatsmeow
lady alias
leelow13
Lily Ella
Lor_Aliasfan47
Lovygirl
mbellsdiva
mightylittleone
Minttu
mountaineer_girl
Nadia Weiss
Nancy O
pansarah1
PIpp
PointguysGirl
Prediction 47

sab-alias
sabbiee_co
Sarahmañana
scullymulder1234
shelley g.
Silvinha
smartgirl2004
sparklingrainbow
Spydrummer06
SpygirlAmy
stella1
SuperDuck123
superspy
Syd&Vaughn4eva
Syd_ Vaughn
syd26
Syd4Vaughn
SydAPO05
sydney_alias_vaughn
sydneymicheal
SydneyVaughn47
sydofthesea
SydVaughn1001
texasalias2004
tubby
tunita
undercover_spy
UndercoverPhoenix47
vartan-lova
Vaughn-a-holic!439
vaughnsgurl4lf
vaughnshoney
Wild_Child
wiseman

Talk about a 1st meeting...That's gonna be one awesome story to tell their kids one day...perhaps :smiley:

Can't wait for the next chapter

ETA: 1st...Cool :smiley: and Good luck on your final

She stood but had only walked two steps before stumbling. She nearly fell to the ground, but Michael reacted quickly and caught her around the waist. He drew her close to him as she wrapped her arms around his supportive frame.
hes too perfect
poor syd not remembering anything
so shes gonna fall in love with him soon yer
hes so sweet lookin after her
and this post makes no sense at all
hmm... well what can i say it was fantastic

And they are off ladies and gentlemen. Fantastic stuff. I am liking the look of this. I am liking th elook of this alot!

Thank you for the pm and for the update

And they are off ladies and gentlemen. Fantastic stuff. I am liking the look of this. I am liking th elook of this alot!

Thank you for the pm and for the update

I wonder what happened. Michael is so nice...as always.

Amnesia sucks ( or so I imagine it would. not like I've ever had it, although sometimes i wish...nevermind)

Great update!
Poor Syd can't remember her name. Great that Vaughn was there to help her then. Thanks for the PM and can't wait for more.

Back