Serenity (Firefly movie) [merged threads]

Universal pictures has put up the official site for Serenity, the movie based on the TV series Firefly.

Serenity: The Official Movie Website

All of the original cast is back, including Gina Torres, who played Anna Espinosa during Alias Season 1. The movie is set about 500 years in the future, and revolves around a crew of smugglers doing illegal jobs between planets.

More information about Firefly is available at FireflyFans.net and The Firefly Official Boards.

The movie is scheduled for release in April, 2005.

Cool i can't wait. i love Firefly and am still pissed that they dared to cancel it. plus Gina Torres is a goddess(apart from in Cleopatra 2525)

If anyone caught 'Firefly' before it was abruptly cancelled in 1993, will known that this film is gonna be so so good. When the only 13 episodes that where made where released on DVD , the sales where so impressive that the studios begged Joss Whedon to make a film. If this film is winner then there is a chance that it might be ressurected as a TV show again.

Serenity webpage

Finally! I've been waiting so long for this movie. I really hope it's good though I don't think they'll start making it again, no matter how well the movie does :(

This film is so totally gonna kick ass!!! it will finally tie up all the many loose ends from the series which was so rudely and unnecessarily cancelled. I can't wait. Love Nathan Fillion and Alan Tudyk. PLus Gina Torres kicking yet more butt.YAY!!!!

Ah, how come Firefly gets a movie!? It's precedent Dark Angel got books. :mellow:

Anyway, I've held a grude for Firefly for quite awhile, but I saw the trailer in theaters and I thought, "Damn that looks so cool."

Can't say anything about Dark Angel, as I didn't watch the series. Universal saw the sales of the DVD and thought it had potential. They bought the rights from Fox.

Would you have needed to watch the series before watching Serenity? They showed Firefly in Australia but it was late at night so I didn't see many eps.

I like Joss Whedon's work and I liked the few of eps of Firefly I did see. I believe he's going to be on Rove next week, talking about Serenity.

Yeah I'd like to know if I need to watch Firefly before I see the movie. I want to anyway, but I don't think I can get my hands on a copy and then watch all the eps before the movie comes out. :(

Maybe it's because I didn't watch Firefly, but I must say that Serenity looks abysmal at best. Now, like I said, that could be because I didn't watch Firefly, but still it definitely doesn't look like it'll be worth my time...but that's just my opinion ;)

Back