Season 5 Series finale completely contradicts episode 4x16

SpyDude

Cadet
So what was Rambaldi's endgame? When one watches the season 5 finale one would assume immortality(The Horizon). But it CAN'T BE! And here's why. Please re-watch "Another Mister Sloane"

OK. So Slaone interrogates the man who's working for Arvin Cloane. As Sloane keeps threatening the guy we get an awesome dialogue

the man working for Arvin Cloane: "He told me, he told me that I could live forever."

Sloane: "Noooo! is that what you think this is all about? Immortality? You bought a rumour, you simple-minded diletant!!! A mystery! The true secrets of these creations will allways be held back from you! The unworthy!

When you've seen the scene you know how crazy Sloane went. He clearly states that Rambaldi's endgame is not immortality. And in series finale it apparently is. So what is Rambaldi's endgame?
Well, probably you have noticed this yourself but I just wanted to lay it out here. i so clearly remembered this scene and the series finale really dissapointed me.

So what do you think about this?

The writers contradict themselves on alot of things such as how long irina/jack were married, at first they said 10 years and then in season 3 or 4 they said 5 years.lol I'm still not even clear who the chosen one really was, it said it was syd, but everything that was described on page 47 sounds like irina(she did try to destroy the world to gain power, syd tried to stop it).

So what was Rambaldi's endgame? When one watches the season 5 finale one would assume immortality(The Horizon). But it CAN'T BE! And here's why. Please re-watch "Another Mister Sloane"

OK. So Slaone interrogates the man who's working for Arvin Cloane. As Sloane keeps threatening the guy we get an awesome dialogue

the man working for Arvin Cloane: "He told me, he told me that I could live forever."

Sloane: "Noooo! is that what you think this is all about? Immortality? You bought a rumour, you simple-minded diletant!!! A mystery! The true secrets of these creations will allways be held back from you! The unworthy!

When you've seen the scene you know how crazy Sloane went. He clearly states that Rambaldi's endgame is not immortality. And in series finale it apparently is. So what is Rambaldi's endgame?
Well, probably you have noticed this yourself but I just wanted to lay it out here. i so clearly remembered this scene and the series finale really dissapointed me.

So what do you think about this?

It's not about immortality, it's about tissue regeneration and life extention. ;)

We suspect the clock maker was a recipient of Rambaldi's life extention treatment, yet he got assassinated by a sniper. That implies that Sloane can be killed after his initial treatment wears off.

Rambaldi's endgame was probably life extention for worthy individuals who can help humanity. There's no sense extending the life of unworthy people who don't have anything to contribute. :D

With Sloane saying everything wasn't just about immortality Sloane meant that he saw Rambaldi as something beyond eternal-life-thing: it was a religion, it was his way of life.
And also about the life extension in the first season:

1. maybe Rambaldi gave him a liquid what only worked until his meaning of life was fulfilled;
2. Sloane was healed when Sydney was speaking to her mother (this means that Rambaldi's "red water" needs some time to do its work – so in the first season Sydney runs away from the room, where the man's body was left lying on the floor, seconds after the shooting; so this person can be alive and kicking because we didn’t see his body (as far as I understood this fluid doesn't make a person bullet-proof: it only heals him or her).

Over a year has past. I am trying to understand different details of Alias... and I have found mistakes (that sometimes can be explained when it comes to the story) that have been done by the team (filming, script). For example in Emily's funeral Sydney said that she met Emily first time at her 20-s, but in "Reprisal" they say that Sydney staid with Emily and Sloane while Jack was in prison. Only logical explanation is following: Sydney had learned the truth recently (Sydney was about seven years old when her mother "died" – I truly don't remember any details when I was 7 years old: all memories are spoken to me by my parents and relatives) and this wasn't a good information to share with other people. In the fifth season Jack reveals that he was in prison for over 8 months (if I remember correctly), and the APO book reveals that Sydney was mostly brought up by a nanny – it means that this story in the "Reprisal" could have been true.
Previous shows the main good thing about "Alias": it makes one think, analyse everything and ultimately mix this fiction with real life in purpose of getting the truth revealed. And they promised to answer all our questions... but still there were a lot of things that were not told to us. For example what was in the package (in "Maternal Instinct"): was it the Sphere (somehow divided into peaces... ? because it was too thin to hide a Sphere inside what see in the finale; I thought they were some kind of drawings that explained how to make the Sphere or how to locate the Sphere (and also any extra intel about the hole evergreen-theme…); I also find it bizarre that the episode description in the official page doesn't refer to it as The Horizon. It speaks about the Sphere... !?

Alias was a great drama what hid a philosophical theme behind its hard to follow but at the same time interesting spy story. It seems that the writers had problems with Rambaldi in the ending of the 4th season (they truely wanted to end it). At the same time the prophecy was not fulfilled, ... and they tried to show Rambaldi as an unimportant thing in the beginning of the 5th season, but at the end it was very significant (I can recall that in the 3rd and 4th series Rambaldi also became one of the main storylines in the second part of the season). I never believed people who said “It is too hard to follow”. But now I can truly understand them. It is/was hard to follow but this makes it unique.

Forgot myself writing again… :blush:

It's not about immortality, it's about tissue regeneration and life extention. ;)

We suspect the clock maker was a recipient of Rambaldi's life extention treatment, yet he got assassinated by a sniper. That implies that Sloane can be killed after his initial treatment wears off.

Rambaldi's endgame was probably life extention for worthy individuals who can help humanity. There's no sense extending the life of unworthy people who don't have anything to contribute. :D

Well said SIO ;)

I think that what Sloane meant by saying "It's not immortality" is it's just not about it, but other things as well. I mean Sloane might became a Rambaldi follower to found immortality , but then found about it wasn't all that and Rambaldi's philosophy and his phrophecies became more interesting, more meaningful to him. And now he's mad at people who follows Rambaldi just for immortality.

Also, there are lot of complications during the series. When you watch it you're all like "Whoa!Wait a minute! That wasn't suppose to be like that!? Or was it!?" Almost every episode or every season , script writers had changed. (if you watch the credits at the beginning you'll realize) And when the new writers came , they forgot to pay attention to some details weren't too much important to them , but which were to us. So, they've missed those parts and add sth different to the show to make it more interesting , and sometimes , blew it by confusing our minds. Because Alias didn't need anything to make it more exciting. It was great by the way it was. But they needed to get more ratings , so...

At least that's what I think. It's not the truth or anything. Well , maybe it is.

Have I written too much?

Back