Series Finale

lenkid

Cadet
Wow. Ok, so I got to see the final finale tonight, and I have to say, it was wonderful. There were so many funny parts in it, so many touching moments, and of course, a wonderful ending.

I do have a gripe about the Angel/Buffy relationship, which I won't say what happened here, because I'm assuming most people haven't seen it yet, ;) But I didn't like it too much.

But I have to say, it ended great. I'm going to miss this show a lot, but at least it'll live on on DVD and in reruns. :D

It was a great show. I've been watching since all the way back in the second season. I'm really sad to see it go, it's like the ending of an era! I've spoiled myself, and know what's assumed to happen, and I'm not sure if I'm happy about that... I hope there's some B/A, I guess I'll just have to watch it. :sigh:
*Stacie*

Wow. It was great. I was hoping to see Spike go out in a blaze of glory--but I didn't expect it to be literal! (I wonder how they'll dig him up for Angel? Still can't wait to see them interact . . .) And Willow turning into white Willow--like one of the ladies (whoever they were . . .). And what about all those slayers? I wonder how many there are? It should really cut down on the vampire population--and any remaining watchers will really have their work cut out for them . . . oh well . . .
;)

i have cheated and read the summary by upn but it sounds so good!! i wonder how they are gonig to resurect spike for angel because that will be interesting. i always like buffy and spike together.
ukaliaschick (y) (n)

It was great, but I'm still numb from it all. It hasn't hot me that its over, yet. I loved all of it, but the thing that kind of dissapointed me was every potential Slayer in the world turning into a real slayer. It kinda defeated the purpose of the show in my eyes... I wonder how they'll explain that on Angel. And, Spike isn't dead. At least, he won't be. I wonder how he and ANgel will get alone, both still loving Buffy...
*Stacie*

I was holding it together emotionally until that scene in the school with Buffy, Willow, Xander, and Giles...and then I lost it and cried. I don't know if you remember, but that was an almost exact re-enactment of the last scene in the VERY first episode, where Buffy walked off joking with her new friends Willow and Xander and Giles watched them and said, "The earth is doomed." I LOVED how Joss referenced that.

The episode was amazing. I laughed and cried at the same time. I sort of like the way there are numerous slayers now; they won't be alone and have to suffer like Buffy did. It seems like her own personal triumph that she could ensure other girls won't have to go through that. To me, it felt like a very fitting end to the show.

I hope some of the characters pop up on "Angel" next season. And how the heck are they going to bring Spike back, anyway?

It was just great!!!! I loved everything about it. I loved how Spike went out in the end. He's my fav character and I liked how they finally showed his potential. Willow turning into white willow was great, and all the potential slayers. I thought that was a great idea.

Vicky :smiley:

Yeah, I get all misty-eyed just thinking back on it. I can't wait to see how Spike returns, now that he's been all purified and scrubbing-bubble-ized. (Will he be shanshu'd? What about the drowning-in-footwear dream?)
;)

white willow=guardian right?? she became like that woman buffy saw about the ax, called the Guardian.

At first I wasn't sure if I liked the episode...but after thinking about it and rewatching it I realized how perfect the idea was

I thought it was very brave of Joss Whedon to sacrifice his own idea for the story.

The potentials also all becoming slayers i felt was brilliant. All along a theme through buffy has been how she just wants to be normal, like everyone else. And now she can be. At the end when they were talking it was like what now..Now she has a choice because she is not the only barrier left to save the world, it must feel awesome for her to feel like that.

So now I loved the episode and I am soooo sad to see the series end.
Entertainment Weekly reported Whedon will not have a spin off next year, but that one may open up the year after that, or there may be a movie.

But its like the actors themselves have said, some of their characters wouldn't fit in on Angel, could you really picture Xander there...I dont think it would mesh. Angel just has a darker quality

I remembered that line too from season 1!!!! I was glad Joss put that in! I was upset with the ships though. (I'm sorry---very against Buffy/Spike. All for Buffy/Angel!) Joss should have shyed away from B/S I think. Nice ending though. I wasn't sure how he was going to do it, but he pulled it off fantastically.

SSSHHHH DON'T SAY SERIES FINALE AROUND ME!! I MIGHT 😭 DARN!! I ALREADY STARTED GETTING SAD!

😭 BYE BUFFY! 😭 TV is less without you.

syd_spy47 I AGREE! DOWN WITH SPIKE! ANGEL ANGEL :chants: ANGEL ANGEL!!

And VH, that bothered me, I mean, if SPIKES the vamp with a soul thats supposed to Shanshu, that kinda takes away the entire PLOT of Angel, the whole point is that SOMEDAY he's gonna become human! Without that, what is there? Random events in the life of a vampire with a soul? I don't think so. That's been the whole idea since the end of season one :cough:Darla crazy:cough:

Azalea, I KNOW! I recognized that quote, and I started CRACKING UP! :sigh: No one does continuity like Joss and his crazy group of writers... Nobody.

wow. i JUST got to see this episode because my best friend came to visit me on tuesday night so i taped it. i haven't had a chance to watch it until just now because i've been out all week with her and some other friends in la. i was a little spoiled because i read bits and pieces of this thread and others but it was my own stupid fault. i still really enjoyed the entire episode.

i LOVED white willow. "oh...my...goddess..." :D

I sort of like the way there are numerous slayers now; they won't be alone and have to suffer like Buffy did. It seems like her own personal triumph that she could ensure other girls won't have to go through that. To me, it felt like a very fitting end to the show.

i loved this idea. i just loved the whole part where they showed various girls around the world "gaining" their powers. that was just so empowering. and buffy's whole speech about how men made up that rule but now they would change it. wow, i loved it! i wonder if they'll all have to keep their identities secret still. ;) and will there be a slayer gang now? maybe they'll have slayer conventions... ^_^ buffy and the scooby gang really did change the world.

and what in the world happened to sunnydale?! is it just all gone now?? they couldn't have evacuated the whole city. that's an awful lot of people who died then...

and speaking of dead people, i just couldn't stop crying for everyone who died. spike, anya, that geeky potential (what's her name? the one who was playing that game with andrew, xander, and giles)... it was all so sad... and yes, anya's death was quite brutal. well, obviously, spike isn't REALLY dead, but you know...

hey, anyone know where i can find good buffy screen caps?

actually if you remember from previous episodes people had been leaving the city.
It was quite deserted
The high school, grocery store, and hospital were all abandoned
and there was a traffic jam to get out of the city..

I doubt there were many, if any, people left in the city

verdantheart said:
Yeah, I get all misty-eyed just thinking back on it. I can't wait to see how Spike returns, now that he's been all purified and scrubbing-bubble-ized. (Will he be shanshu'd? What about the drowning-in-footwear dream?)
;)
sorry for the double post, but what does shanshu mean? i feel stupid. :confused:

and drowning-in-footwear dream?? :thinking:

crazy spinster@May 26 2003 said:
sorry for the double post, but what does shanshu mean? i feel stupid. 

"Shanshu" means "to become human". It's from "Angel", and it's what's supposed to happen to the vampire with the soul after he fulfills his mission on earth. Wes deciphered it on the Season 1 finale of "Angel", and it was assumed it applied to him. But now that there are 2 vampires with souls (well, there were, anyway, until Spike went all flamey), it's unclear who the Shanshu prophecy applies to.

Yeah, you really have to be into the Buffy-verse mythology to understand some of this stuff. Don't feel stupid. Feel less obsessed.
;)

Back