Movie Series Taking over Hollywood

Nad

Cadet
Series are taking over Hollywood!!! I'm not saying it is a bad thing but it is true: Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter, Star Wars, Daredevil, Dumb and Dumber, Jungle Book, Austin Powers, X-Men, Spiderman, the list goes on and on some are blockbuster hits and others are total flops! Do you like series? Why?

I like series most of the time, especially if the movies are really good (like LOTR :P ). It's nice to have a new movie to look forward to during the year. But sometimes, I don't like it when sequels are made because either I didn't like the first movie, or the other movies were bad.

I don't know, I just heard someone saying how much they hated them. I LOVE LOTR and some other sequels, but others are so annoying and pointless! Disney's Jungle Book 2, and Peter Pan 2, Pochantas 2, and the list never ends, I hate those. What is interesting is how much more we're seeing them show up on the box office schedule. :confused:

the series i like are teh ones that are SUPPOSED to be series, like lotr x2 star wars... not the ones that they make random sequels to ^_^

Like crossing a river in the woods, it depends. What's the series? Is it Lord of the Rings? Or is it, say, Nightmare on Elm Street? (Yeah, I know, I'm showing my age . . .) The first Nightmare was good, but the followups were awful.
;)

Yes, I feel Lord of the Rings was the best. I only liked the Star Wars trilogy, the new ones are all right but just not the same!

Most of the time I like them, though the second one is hardly ever as good as the first. Well, I liked X2 just as much as X1, but I love Shawn... and he got a bigger part. :swoon: But I like sequels. They continue on the story, so as long as their not forced...

Let it be known, I SAID The matrix 2 was gonna suck, before it came out.

I was right.

The first one was amazing, the second one had a sex scene just so they could say they had one, a 30 minute car chase , and a fight with AGENT SMITH that eventually had the entire movie theatre cracking up it was so rediculous.

Yeah Spynish! Siri and I are part of the main four freaks not counting you! We talk about LOTR constantly in the All LOTR thread! It is actually quite a bit of fun! You should join!

I can't defend the Matrix yet seeing as I haven't seen the next one yet the first one was amazing!!!

Spynish we need 5 freaks! Agent Legolas, myself, Siri, and K. Ackles are all members whop are the five worst LOTR freaks! I hope you come!

For me, it depends upon what the series is about. Of course, I like LOTR (saying that will make Aria really happy ^_^), Star Wars, The Matrix, Spider-Man, X-Men, Terminator, Toy Story and Austin Powers.

Yeah plus for those but I don't like Disney series (Toy Sotry 2 was all right mind that was Disney/Pixar) and some other ones seem so dumb!

I think all the Disney movie's having a sequel is a little too much for it. Dumb and Dumberer is a bit over the top. It seems like it's pushing to be better than the original??you know what i mean?just a thought...But i like series like LOTR ^_^ or Harry Potter and some others. But of course, sequels can never be better than the originals

Back